Jump to content

"Night Court" is coming back!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

This will probably suck but Melissa Rauch is a worthy successor to Markie Post, at least when it comes to rudeness.

My memories suck, I always thought Markie was in it from the beginning, but Markie wasn't even a regular until the 3rd season.

Here's the intro from the first season.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

How are they not rebooting WKRP in Cincinnati as some internet radio station?

Per @Bateshorn over in the Music forum on the Chili Peppers selling their catalog thread; it may have to do with the cost of naming/licensing.... It appears the old rights have expired (unsurprisingly). I’m guessing the network would need a steady reassurance of viewership to reel in ratings, and consequently, Marketing revenue, in order to justify the spend on naming/licensing fees.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NTVTXN said:

Per @Bateshorn over in the Music forum on the Chili Peppers selling their catalog thread; it may have to do with the cost of naming/licensing.... It appears the old rights have expired (unsurprisingly). I’m guessing the network would need a steady reassurance of viewership to reel in ratings, and consequently, Marketing revenue, in order to justify the spend on naming/licensing fees.

I think they may have finally worked it out, but it was replaced by generic music for years in syndication.  I think the Turkey Drop episode had songs from Pink Floyd and CCR playing in the backgrounds as Johnny Fever came back to the mic in at least a couple of scenes.  it’s one of the forgotten things about WKRP: it had really great music in snippets.

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Night Court was made by the cast. Rebooting it will be like trying to reboot other cast driven shows. 

Harry Anderson, Richard Moll, John Larroquette, Markie Post, and Warfield/Diamond had a great cast chemistry, and the writing played to their strengths. IMHO, the show took off after the writing solidified in the second season and Markie Post took over from the first public defender, who was just annoying. 

The new one will likely bomb, because cast chemistry is not an easy formula. Getting two characters who have good chemistry when interacting is tough enough. Getting five or six cast members that can all interact with each other with good chemistry requires not only great casting, but a certain amount of luck. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Richard Kimball said:

Night Court was made by the cast. Rebooting it will be like trying to reboot other cast driven shows. 

Harry Anderson, Richard Moll, John Larroquette, Markie Post, and Warfield/Diamond had a great cast chemistry, and the writing played to their strengths. IMHO, the show took off after the writing solidified in the second season and Markie Post took over from the first public defender, who was just annoying. 

The new one will likely bomb, because cast chemistry is not an easy formula. Getting two characters who have good chemistry when interacting is tough enough. Getting five or six cast members that can all interact with each other with good chemistry requires not only great casting, but a certain amount of luck. 

I got your chemistry right here

 

 

nldy8bt0odvdvdt.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Drool 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Richard Kimball said:

Night Court was made by the cast. Rebooting it will be like trying to reboot other cast driven shows. 

Harry Anderson, Richard Moll, John Larroquette, Markie Post, and Warfield/Diamond had a great cast chemistry, and the writing played to their strengths. IMHO, the show took off after the writing solidified in the second season and Markie Post took over from the first public defender, who was just annoying. 

The new one will likely bomb, because cast chemistry is not an easy formula. Getting two characters who have good chemistry when interacting is tough enough. Getting five or six cast members that can all interact with each other with good chemistry requires not only great casting, but a certain amount of luck. 

Yeah I get all that. But 

Melissa Rauch Of The Big Bang Theory Is Mesmerizing In These Photos -  Watch! Magazine Photos - CBS.com

This is going to be the best show on television. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I hate to do this to you, but that was a body double. 

Calling bullshit here....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

You LOVED doing that to him.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of reboots, I always thought Columbo would make a great reboot. It would be his son as today’s detective. Modernize it to make it current but still keep the premise of showing who did the crime at the beginning of the episode. The villain was usually very rich and thought Columbo wasn’t that bright and they could easily get away with what they did. Columbo always acted like he was totally out of his element with these people. And why not just take the old episodes and update them? I’ve got every Columbo episode that was ever made. They’re classic and I watch them all the time. It’s fun to see how we lived in the 70’s. The cars, home decorations, clothes. And what we thought was so modern and futuristic back then with typewriters and VCR’s. But it would be fun to see how today’s Columbo would look. 

Edited by Brandywine
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Speaking of reboots, I always thought Columbo would make a great reboot. It would be his son as today’s detective. Modernize it to make it current but still keep the premise of showing who did the crime at the beginning of the episode. The villain was usually very rich and thought Columbo wasn’t that bright and they could easily get away with what they did. Columbo always acted like he was totally out of his element with these people. And why not just take the old episodes and update them? I’ve got every Columbo episode that was ever made. They’re classic and I watch them all the time. It’s fun to see how we lived in the 70’s. The cars, home decorations, clothes. And what we thought was so modern and futuristic back then with typewriters and VCR’s. But it would be fun to see how today’s Columbo would look. 

They would turn it into some internet blogger with a true crimes podcast.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...