• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 7/31/2018 at 10:34 PM, Machinator said:

You were off a column. 2012 was in the "Top 5 Finishes/CFP appearance" column, and (1994, 2012) was in the "Top 10 Finishes" column.

They are lying about that then.  They finished 8th in the AP and were not ranked in the coaches poll since they were on probation for cheating and unable to play in a bowl game.  They weren't that good.  Yes they were undefeated.  But they did not play a single school that year that finished ranked.  And they tied a terrible SMU team.

14 hours ago, deft said:

“8-4 in SECW is better than most other 9-3 and even some 10-2 teams from other conferences. #FACT”

Lulz aggy

Fox analyst Joel Klatt on why the SEC has the easiest Playoff path “by a wide margin” and his interesting CFP tweaks ... 

LINK 

quote:
For what it’s worth, Klatt went on record saying he believes the B1G is the “best and deepest conference in the country,” so he’s not a believer that the SEC’s 8-game schedule is a gauntlet that can’t be matched elsewhere. 

Before you accuse Klatt of having conference bias, consider the numbers that he brought up. He didn’t question the ACC’s strength of schedule because of a possible 56 nonconference games in 2018, 19 are against Power 5 teams/Notre Dame. That’s 34 percent. 

Compare that to the SEC, which has just 13 of a possible 56 nonconference matchups vs. Power 5 teams. That’s only 23 percent. 

“That’s not even close,” Klatt said. “That’s not apples to apples. That’s apples to oranges.” 

In fact, look at the percentage of nonconference matchups vs. Power 5 teams scheduled for each conference: 

Big 12: 37% 
ACC: 34% 
Big Ten: 25% 
SEC: 23% 
Pac-12: 19% 

Continued in link above ... 
So...aggy should be able to win it all.....sooner than....say...100 years?
  • Like 1

Bless their hearts.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/Texas-A-M-begins-fall-practice-under-new-coach-13128337.php

Two of the Aggies’ first four opponents are the last two national champions. A&M plays Clemson at Kyle Field on Sept. 8 and at reigning national champ Alabama on Sept. 22.

Senior defensive tackle Kingsley Keke said the two marquee games early in the Fisher tenure are no different than Northwestern State and Sept. 15 foe Louisiana-Monroe.

“It’s just another game for us,” Keke said of either showdown. “An opportunity, a challenge … it’s just another game for us.”

Bless their hearts.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/aggies/article/Texas-A-M-begins-fall-practice-under-new-coach-13128337.php
Two of the Aggies’ first four opponents are the last two national champions. A&M plays Clemson at Kyle Field on Sept. 8 and at reigning national champ Alabama on Sept. 22.
Senior defensive tackle Kingsley Keke said the two marquee games early in the Fisher tenure are no different than Northwestern State and Sept. 15 foe Louisiana-Monroe.
“It’s just another game for us,” Keke said of either showdown. “An opportunity, a challenge … it’s just another game for us.”

So they think they'll lose to NSU and ULM, too?
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

No, they think they'll stay within 35 points of NSU and ULM.

Not so fast my friend!   Caleb Bluiett's little brother, Christian is a bad ass nose tackle and he is going to stomp a Beaumont mudhole in that aggy Lanfear's  ass.  Dana  Holgorsen's nephew is going in dry for ULM.  I can't wait.  Aggy will win, but these games are going to be close, entertaining,  and funny! 

Edited by lemonandaturd
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Not so fast my friend!   Caleb Bluiett's little brother, Christian is a bad ass nose tackle and he is going to stomp a Beaumont mudhole in that aggy Lanfear's  ass.  Dana  Holgorsen's nephew is going in dry for ULM.  I can't wait.  Aggy will win, but these games are going to be close, entertaining,  and funny! 

Here’s to hoping ULM actually pulls the upset. 

13 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Prater is the aggy Center and he's a JAG.  Holgorsen's nephew plays for Northwestern State.  ULM supposedly has a high scoring offense though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kopp0e said:

Some words of wisdom from Jimbo aggy:

Q:  "coach, there's a report out that your contract has not been finalized.  Why is that?"

A:  "well, I'm hoping this shit up in Columbus is resolved soon so I can see if I can squeeze some more money out of you rubes.   Seriously, they need to speed it up because I need to get this gurarantted contract signed ASAP now that I had a chance to see all the talent I actually had at my last job.  Dad gum."  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Q:  "coach, there's a report out that your contract has not been finalized.  Why is that?"

A:  "well, I'm hoping this shit up in Columbus is resolved soon so I can see if I can squeeze some more money out of you rubes.   Seriously, they need to speed it up because I need to get this gurarantted contract signed ASAP now that I had a chance to see all the talent I actually had at my last job.  Dad gum."  

That narrative works for me... +rep

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 8:47 PM, Jester’s Inn said:

The big winner in the Urban Meyer mess is . . . Jimbo!  He hasn’t signed his contract yet and aggy will be fearing he will leave to replace Urban.  Betting they will pony up another $1 million/yr to keep him from going. 

How can Jimbo coach if he's not under contract?

This bears repeating.....

Fisher earned the nickname "Slim Jimbo" because of his affinity for meat snacks. He has mentioned in numerous interviews that he wishes to launch an organic jerky company after he retires from coaching. The company would feature jerky made from animals native to both the Deep South and his native West Virginia, such as alligator, muskrat, and wild boar.[13]

• Like 1