2022 Transfer QB Quinn Ewers

Getafix

Can someone interpret the Ewers video for an old? I gather that QE is not only familiar with the catalog of a cool artist, but also his AA teammates are impressed with (a) his familiarity with said artist and/or (b) his ability/willingness (and I gather it may be 100/0 on either of these) to attempt his own Karaoke version…

9 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

Can someone interpret the Ewers video for an old? I gather that QE is not only familiar with the catalog of a cool artist, but also his AA teammates are impressed with (a) his familiarity with said artist and/or (b) his ability/willingness (and I gather it may be 100/0 on either of these) to attempt his own Karaoke version…

Keilan Robinson, who is from DC, was the one talking

Q is a local artist from the DMV area

It’s kind of a crazy thing for him know every lyric, most of the other guys probably don’t 

• Hook 'Em 2

46 minutes ago, Nope said:

Keilan Robinson, who is from DC, was the one talking

Q is a local artist from the DMV area

It’s kind of a crazy thing for him know every lyric, most of the other guys probably don’t 

Yeah, I mean im sure some people assume “dude is on TikTok so sure he’s heard that” but no, he knows the whole damn thing.

That’s kinda speakeasy cool. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

He raps about a [young African-American] drinkin’ Fernet!

How does Q Da Fool know about Fernet? QDF is Gaucho1 in my book!

3EF85CAC-9D32-41D9-951B-15A706BB424E.jpeg

Great after dinner drink.  When I am in Italy they break it out before bed.  No coke….just straight on the rocks

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Horn Dog said:

Here is a translation of the intro dialogue for those that don’t speak jive:

Dude 1 -  “Good afternoon.  There is a older gentleman who has declared a disagreement with one of your previous or current actions”

QDF-  “ interesting. I was not aware that my actions had instilled such negative emotions in my colleague.  I ponder what I did to offend”

Dude 2-  “ Yes.  It is interesting how our actions are often misconstrued by others, even when our intentions are pure.”

QDF-  “ I am in agreement. Do you believe this gentleman will seek retribution for this perceived slight?”

Dude 1- “I do believe that his honor has been questioned and he may wish an apology.”

QDF-  “ I am perplexed for in the past this gentleman and I have shared a positive relationship.  He has expressed appreciation specifically for my musical creations and the joyous times that we have experienced.  I am disappointed that he will misinterpret my intensions and seek resolution when I sought no ill will.”

Dude 1-  “ Your position is understandable yet the gentleman unfortunately still feels slighting. 

QDF-  “Please express my sincere apologies and arrange a prompt meeting so we can resolve this most unfortunate disagreement in a civilized fashion”

when the translation is more difficult than the original 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Harvdog said:

Great after dinner drink.  When I am in Italy they break it out before bed.  No coke….just straight on the rocks

At a previa (pregame for a night out), a viajero (a roadie without the red SOLO cup), or at a bar/boliche (dance club), it would be consumed with Coca-Co!a.

That being said, I have consumed a couple of ounces out of a bourbon tasting glass on 2 or 3 occasions this winter when wrapping up my day. (In addition to an Argie passport, I picked up some Argie costumbres during my years down south and many of them derived from those found in Italy.

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Gross

You are correct. 

100%

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

At a previa (pregame for a night out), a viajero (a roadie without the red SOLO cup), or at a bar/boliche (dance club), it would be consumed with Coca-Co!a.

That being said, I have consumed a couple of ounces out of a bourbon tasting glass on 2 or 3 occasions this winter when wrapping up my day. (In addition to an Argie passport, I picked up some Argie costumbres during my years down south and many of them derived from those found in Italy.

You are correct. 

100%

Personal choice.  Some people put coke in whiskey.  If it’s good whiskey it doesn’t need anything in it.  That’s like putting mint sauce on lamb.

32 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Personal choice.  Some people put coke in whiskey.  If it’s good whiskey it doesn’t need anything in it.  That’s like putting mint sauce on lamb.

Yes, but fine spirits are also to be gloriously wasted. 

A buddy bought me a drink one time that was no doubt the best drink I’ve ever had., 2.5oz Balvenie Caribbean cask into a high ball filled with flake ice, top off with a bottle of Coca-Cola from Colombia because they were the only production plant still using cane sugar.

Its like drinking pure, delicious blasphemy 

• Drool 1

1 minute ago, Doc Reeves said:

Yes, but fine spirits are also to be gloriously wasted. 

A buddy bought me a drink one time that was no doubt the best drink I’ve ever had., 2.5oz Balvenie Caribbean cask into a high ball filled with flake ice, top off with a bottle of Coca-Cola from Colombia because they were the only production plant still using cane sugar.

Its like drinking pure, delicious blasphemy 

I mean that's a significantly unique cocktail for most. 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Mint sauce on lamb is delicious, though. Sometimes you want what you want, even if it's a bit gauche.

I know people who put ketchup on a steak.  Their choice.  Mint sauce was used to cover up the taste of shitty lamb.  Ketchup was used for well done steaks to add some flavor to their shoe leather.  I for one don’t like either on my lamb or steak.  I also like a solid Brunello with a steak and don’t mind Frenet as a night cap. Personal choice 

• Hook 'Em 1

I know people who put ketchup on a steak.  Their choice.  Mint sauce was used to cover up the taste of shitty lamb.  Ketchup was used for well done steaks to add some flavor to their shoe leather.  I for one don’t like either on my lamb or steak.  I also like a solid Brunello with a steak and don’t mind Frenet as a night cap. Personal choice 
I know people who put ketchup on eggs, and to me that's disgusting af. Looks like the egg was about to hatch.

Of course salsa of any color in a breakfast taco is mandatory.
  • Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, ousux said:

I know people who put ketchup on eggs, and to me that's disgusting af. Looks like the egg was about to hatch.

Of course salsa of any color in a breakfast taco is mandatory.

Some motherfucking heathens put mayonnaise and mustard on hamburgers and ketchup on hotdogs. If I ever see one of my kids doing that shit, I'm sending him to Eric Dickerson's house of etiquette.

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

You are correct. 

100%

Here I go adding to the derailment, but my Argentine in laws drink it with Pepsi.  Personally, fuck that shit. Straight, coke, or pepsi. 

Some motherfucking heathens put mayonnaise and mustard on hamburgers and ketchup on hotdogs. If I ever see one of my kids doing that shit, I'm sending him to Eric Dickerson's house of etiquette.

Imagine someone having the nerve to do something differently from the way you do it.
  • Hook 'Em 8