Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

3 hours ago, Uncle Nate said:

The Big 12 will be no more.  And that will be a good thing.  As a Tech alum, I am hoping we end up in the Pac-12/Pac-16.  I would like to see us, Okie St., KSU, and either ISU or KU packaged together to finish out the PAC-16 (either one of KU or ISU is probably headed to the Big10).

I hope Baylor and TCU end up relegated to the AAC.

KSU has zero value to any P5 conference, they will be looking at a G5. If the PAC or B1G were smart they would invite Tech and Ok State because it would open recruiting grounds in Texas to some degree. The SEC has just completely locked down the state of Texas. Ironically, the school outside of aggy hurt most by this move might be Ohio State. Fuck them in their crumbly asses. ISU to the B1G makes a ton of sense, I would anticipate them and Kansas move there. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Baylor letting everyone know that they know they are fucked.

Dear Baylor Family:

As many of you are aware, news broke this week of an alleged change in the Big 12 Conference membership, linking the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma with a possible move to the Southeastern Conference.

Since that time, we have heard many of you express concerns about the uncertainty of our conference and the potential impact on Baylor University a concern we share with you.

We understand the significance and urgency of this matter, as our conference membership impacts not only Baylor, but also the Waco community, the state of Texas and beyond. Conference affiliation has the power to greatly enhance our institution's academic and athletic national standing and visibility while also expanding academic and research opportunities available to faculty, students and our communities. For our state, it is critical to our economy and Texas' overall reputation to maintain five "Power Five" institutions, reinforcing the Lone Star State's athletic preeminence.

Rest assured, we, along with the Board of Regents, members of the Baylor delegation in the Texas Legislature and other Baylor leaders, are actively engaged in conversations with our Big 12 colleagues and others to ensure our University is in the strongest position possible now and into the future. 

In the midst of what promises to be a lot of angst and speculation, we will continue to focus on what we can control and support our student-athletes and staffs. And, as the landscape of college athletics continues to change, we maintain an unshakable belief in the strength and resiliency of Baylor and the Baylor brand.

Thank you for your enduring love of Baylor University and the vital role you play in helping Baylor carry out its Christian mission while competing academically and athletically at the highest levels.

Sincerely,

livingstone-signature
Linda A. Livingstone, Ph.D.
President

Mack Rhodes-signature
Mack B. Rhoades, IV
Vice President, Director for Intercollegiate Athletics

Here Endeth The GravyTrain! 

image.png.f7a27da07063e4e94deea8158534171a.png

"You will know the Purity of Oblivion in your world!" 

• Haha 1

If a&m willingly left then the SEC would be on the phone with FSU and Miami in a heartbeat. I really hope the administration tries to pull some funny business by threatening to leave the SEC (I know not even they are that dumb)

FSU would be a no, their academics are really, really bad. Also (unlike Aggy), Florida has some pull with other members.

Miami would be interesting.

11 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Dear Baylor Family:

As many of you are aware, news broke this week of an alleged change in the Big 12 Conference membership, linking the University of Texas and the University of Oklahoma with a possible move to the Southeastern Conference.

Since that time, we have heard many of you express concerns about the uncertainty of our conference and the potential impact on Baylor University a concern we share with you.

We understand the significance and urgency of this matter, as our conference membership impacts not only Baylor, but also the Waco community, the state of Texas and beyond. Conference affiliation has the power to greatly enhance our institution's academic and athletic national standing and visibility while also expanding academic and research opportunities available to faculty, students and our communities. For our state, it is critical to our economy and Texas' overall reputation to maintain five "Power Five" institutions, reinforcing the Lone Star State's athletic preeminence.

Rest assured, we, along with the Board of Regents, members of the Baylor delegation in the Texas Legislature and other Baylor leaders, are actively engaged in conversations with our Big 12 colleagues and others to ensure our University is in the strongest position possible now and into the future. 

In the midst of what promises to be a lot of angst and speculation, we will continue to focus on what we can control and support our student-athletes and staffs. And, as the landscape of college athletics continues to change, we maintain an unshakable belief in the strength and resiliency of Baylor and the Baylor brand.

Thank you for your enduring love of Baylor University and the vital role you play in helping Baylor carry out its Christian mission while competing academically and athletically at the highest levels.

Sincerely,

livingstone-signature
President

Mack Rhodes-signature
Mack B. Rhoades, IV

At least they have that new stadium.  That'll help.

Right....?

I'm making up more shit as I go...

Baylor and UH to ACC to keep a pipeline of TX recruits (no worry of Baylor getting Dade and Duval to Waco... Houston, maybe.)

TCU is back to the WAC and Tech is going with them.

Pac 12 said fuck it.

MARK THIS DOWN

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

FUCK the SEC. Just because thats the best conference for us doesnt mean I dont want us to crush every school, see them driven before us, and hear the lamentations of their women and sheep

tenor.gif

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

At least they have that new stadium.  That'll help.

Right....?

I’m pretty sure once Texas and Oklahoma saw them put a toilet seat on top of their new stadium they reached out to the SEC about leaving.

Just started listening to Big 12 Radio on SiriusXM yesterday, and holy hell is Dave Archer a lazy, clueless, brickhead.  Claims the move is only about money and that there's no recruiting advantage, despite having it painfully explained to him by the cohost.  "I've got 2 words that disproves the recruiting argument.  Clem Son."

I don't know about anyone else, but I suspect most people are like I am and don't give two shits about conference loyalty.  I want to beat them all and their winning against others usually don't make a shit to me

Meh, it’s like one big toxic family. We beat the crap out of each other but have each other’s backs against the crappy next door neighbor when it comes to blows.

3 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Just started listening to Big 12 Radio on SiriusXM yesterday, and holy hell is Dave Archer a lazy, clueless, brickhead.  Claims the move is only about money and that there's no recruiting advantage, despite having it painfully explained to him by the cohost.  "I've got 2 words that disproves the recruiting argument.  Clem Son."

What you have there is a radio host who realizes his job goes away if the Big 12 goes away, so like Finebaum, politicians, and other media personalities, they just take a position for their own self interest rather than what is right or good. 

Mrs. GOTJ has been following this a bit as I've given her updates the past few days.
"Hey babe, looks like Texas and OU are going to the SEC."
"Really? Why?
"Money. Power. Just the way the world is turning."
"Oh. OK. Well, since it's our anniversary Saturday and we're going to the Driskill and a show at the Paramount you're NOT going to be staring at your phone all weekend on that place with the cartoon dick pics looking for updates, right?"
200.gif
Anniversary this week club as well. I need this to all die down before we head for Maui midweek. I'd really like to unplug while there, but that's not happening if aggy tears are still flowing.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, tigol said:

LOL. It’s been a while since I’ve seen him. The chin pubes are now grey. He managed to double down on his stupid facial hair. Wow.

He hasn't been coloring them with the shit stains on Johnny Football's taint as of late. 

26 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Dear Baylor Family:

Sincerely,

livingstone-signature
President

Mack Rhodes-signature
Mack B. Rhoades, IV

An "alleged change"?  Jfc, she has a Ph.D.  I mean, I know that a Baylor president is probably used to speaking to lawyers in depositions, but come on!

5 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
9 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
Mrs. GOTJ has been following this a bit as I've given her updates the past few days.
"Hey babe, looks like Texas and OU are going to the SEC."
"Really? Why?
"Money. Power. Just the way the world is turning."
"Oh. OK. Well, since it's our anniversary Saturday and we're going to the Driskill and a show at the Paramount you're NOT going to be staring at your phone all weekend on that place with the cartoon dick pics looking for updates, right?"
200.gif

Anniversary this week club as well. I need this to all die down before we head for Maui midweek. I'd really like to unplug while there, but that's not happening if aggy tears are still flowing.

Your ass going to be lounging poolside in Kapalua sipping a Mai Tai and scrolling this thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1