Realignment talk not going away

The Tower

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Joe C was 100% involved.  Not sure on the UT side.  Two things:

1.  Football/sports mean a lot more to OU.  They don’t have UT’s academic clout (obviously).  
2. Joe C has really proven himself at OU and many consider him one of the best, if not the best, AD in college sports today.  CDC may end up with that reputation but he’s not there yet.  

I'm the J-O-E to the C, ho
Call me Joe C, got more game than Coleco
I'm a freak, ho, call me sick
Three-foot-nine with a ten-foot dick
The ladies' pick, I'm a crazy hick
And rake through kind like a bum through wine
It's my time so I'm gonna shine like glass
Old as piss, but small as ass
Watch me cash, smoke some hash
You're raking grass while I'm raking cash
High-ass voice, like Aaron Neville
And I'm down with The Devil

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, elguapo said:

You have less than zero idea what you're blabbing about, maybe sit this one out.

He correctly identified that they have no dog in the fight, but then claimed that they actually do have a dog in the fight.

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Futureman turned out to be right, so yes. I don’t see this move happening, the other Big 12 would never allow it as it would be the end of them, it doesn’t make sense for the SEC, and there’s political hurdles to clear as well. 

You just don't get it do you?

Every bit of the political grandstanding means exactly dick.

There's no way for the Lege to bring it to a vote. WV can't sue TX.

It's cya for the voters back home. "See! We tried!"

It doesn't matter.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Futureman turned out to be right, so yes. I don’t see this move happening, the other Big 12 would never allow it as it would be the end of them, it doesn’t make sense for the SEC, and there’s political hurdles to clear as well. 

AgonizingColossalFoxhound-max-1mb.gif

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Fisting yourself bet? 

tenor.gif?itemid=18821923

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I dunno but his Twitter bio says he vows to take on federal overreach

theres not enough money in the whole state of West Virginia to sue Texas 

Well... there is but it's all tied up in oxycodone trafficking and KFC franchises.

10 minutes ago, Helobious said:

There are no political hurdles to clear, Myopian. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Holy fuck if that happens then the state rep from Lubbock ISNT going to be happy.

If the SEC is just going to blow up all the conferences by raiding everybody that might not be so bad for Tech and Company

Total chaos might be their saving grace.

• Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Good thing the faculty won’t have have to be a part of SEC culture unless they choose to go to sporting events….   If they even have academic bowls still, well then Texas finishes close to the top.   Not really getting how faculty is affected by what athletic conference you are in?  They aren’t going to pull a aggie and accept everyone suddenly to make more money.  

I’d venture to say half the faculty has never been to a UT sporting event. We’re talking eggheads here.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Helobious said:

The other big12 won’t allow it?   Say what?

40 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

If Tech is involved in that, one can assume their interview with the PAC did not go as planned.  Time to panic.

Not necessarily true. I believe Tech would stand to lose revenue even if they got picked up by the PAC. 

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

This. I'm treating this as if we're an independent that'll be playing annual games against the SEC. I'm definitely not making any effort to fit in with them.

Yeah, I'm not buying it a beer.  I'm not renting it shoes.  It's not taking my fucking turn.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Whatever comes from all this, this big 12 season is going to be crazy. If we're leaving every team being left behind is going to be pissed and out for blood when they play us. If we end up staying, which I don't think is going to happen, they will be out to prove a point. Either way, there will be extra motivation every game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I always felt like texas tech was more of a big sky university so I hope it works out for them.

More like Mountain West or even Western Athletic Conference. I don't hope that it works out for them. They can suck a big one along with Baylor and TCU.

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

In what world would they not have the votes? They’ve already got 30 out of 83 R’s on board, no reason that won’t climb to 60 or 70 on that side alone. Add in just 10-15 dems and that’s well over half of the 150 total.

Shutch yo bum ass up, man…its happening. This isn’t an Urban situation.

7 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Whatever comes from all this, this big 12 season is going to be crazy. If we're leaving every team being left behind is going to be pissed and out for blood when they play us. If we end up staying, which I don't think is going to happen, they will be out to prove a point. Either way, there will be extra motivation every game. 

Agree but I don't think it'll make any difference.  All the other teams are ALWAYS trying to prove a point, or their players feel slighted, by UT.  It's the same-o same-o.

• Hook 'Em 1

The "Mizzou is a hard no" theory seems utterly ridiculous. Their athletic dept. lost 9 million in '19-'20 whereas we made 22 million, they're not going to stem the UT tide that will float all SEC boats. Even a dog knows not to bite the hand that feeds it. Only aggie is dumb enough to shit in its own nest.  

• Hook 'Em 1