Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom

Red Five

I thought it was terrible. I'd still watch on FX every time it comes on b/c I'm a sucker for stupid popcorn flicks. 

I expected: 1) A different story direction, 2) Tense Moments, 3) Fewer human villains. 

I didn't get that. 

Spoiler

Anyone find it odd that Chris Pratt can take out entire armed security teams on his own? I know he was ex-military... but come on now. Can we keep the suspension of disbelief for the dinosaurs, please? 

The magic of the original books is now a flaming corpse and this movie is 2 hours of shitting upon it. 

Its dinosuars so kids will love it. For those of us who love the books..... it’s just so bad. 

A fucking raptor sheds a tear. It fucking cries in the movie. A gottdam raptor cries in the movie. 

The redhead is a 10/10 would smash. 

A random Lockwood character is created and makes the most useless plot point of the movie (trying not to spoiler). 

Are we doing spoilers? Here’s a huge issue I have. After the, what 18 dinosaurs get out what is the expected result? There is not a large enough breeding population for any of them to continue. So for a short amount of time we would have dinosaurs in California but they would be gone within a generation. Were these lysine dependent as well????

And we saw the mysterious briefcase with supposed dna so I guess the next movie will be about terrorists making dinosaurs or something? Fuck. Just terrible. Thank god I was drinking beer the whole time. (Still drinking) 

14 minutes ago, Shut up Lou Holtz said:

The magic of the original books is now a flaming corpse and this movie is 2 hours of shitting upon it. 

Its dinosuars so kids will love it. For those of us who love the books..... it’s just so bad. 

A fucking raptor sheds a tear. It fucking cries in the movie. A gottdam raptor cries in the movie. 

The redhead is a 10/10 would smash. 

A random Lockwood character is created and makes the most useless plot point of the movie (trying not to spoiler). 

Are we doing spoilers? Here’s a huge issue I have. After the, what 18 dinosaurs get out what is the expected result? There is not a large enough breeding population for any of them to continue. So for a short amount of time we would have dinosaurs in California but they would be gone within a generation. Were these lysine dependent as well????

And we saw the mysterious briefcase with supposed dna so I guess the next movie will be about terrorists making dinosaurs or something? Fuck. Just terrible. Thank god I was drinking beer the whole time. (Still drinking) 

Life.... uh.. uh... finds a way

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kingkoopa6 said:

Had folks clapping after it finished 

Because they enjoyed it or because it was over?

shit, just saw Patrick's post.  I didn't realize there was a second page when I posted. 

Edited by miguelito
shit

Pretty much Indiana Jones plays with Dinosaurs, knew it would suck and it didn’t disappoint on that end. 

Full disclosure:  bottom lip quivered during the evacuation scene(boat leaving port).  Reminded me a bit of the ending for Valley of Gwangi.  

Wouldn't that tall ass dinosaur with the really long neck have had the ability to walk out into the water while the island was exploding?  I'm not saying it matters or would even have saved him, but an animal with a neck that long and nostrils on top of his head wouldn't need to be able to swim or just sit there on the dock and let the lava take him.  Instincts should have taken him out into the ocean at least up to his head.

I saw it over the holiday, and Mrs Fairway was pissed because I kept laughing at the stupidity of it.

I thought it was darker than the previous 9 or 10 movies in this series (or maybe it just seems like that many), it also had more of a horror movie feeling about it.

The absolute worst part of this horrible movie is

that it sets up another movie, and that will lead to another movie, and that .......

On 7/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, Longhornfan1024 said:

Haven't seen it and, at this point, the only way I see another one of these in the theaters is if they give the dinos rocket launchers.

I don’t want to spoil it for you, but let’s just say you are in luck. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

When your 11 year old is making jokes about how bad the movie is halfway through, you know you have a steaming pile on your hands.

Worst line of the movie, by far:  "Because they're alive.  Like me."  Holy shit, that one made me start laughing out loud.

If you approach this as a movie about an evil 8 year old clone girl who, upon realizing her creation, dooms tens of thousands of Californians to a terrible death--instead of a movie about dinosaurs in a mansion--well, yeah, it still fucking sucks.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Was the ending a set up for the next movie?  Is there a rumored sequel?.  I know they aren’t good but I’ve generally enjoyed them anyway. Not sure how I’d feel about another movie at this point. 

It’s been known since before Jurassic World came out that this was a new trilogy.

8 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Interdasting

Thanks

I think you pretty much have to assume any BIG NAME franchise (SW, JP, etc.) is going to be a trilogy.  It would have to BOMB badly for them to not make 1 more Jurassic World.