Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

With all that time he had in the pocket, they should’ve just put Shane in. If they’re not even going to run him, might as well send Shane. We’ll never know if he can throw game ending interceptions if they don’t put him in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Holy fuck. Our starting QB thinks it's not even an option to throw the ball away or run on 3rd & 10 in the opponents territory with over a minute left. I'm being 100% serious here, there are junior high QB's that know better than that. Did Sam not hear/understand the question or something? What an incredible answer. 

Holy shit. You're playing college ball. The clock stops on first downs while they reset the chains allowing you to call a play and snap the ball with minimal time run off. 1 minutes while in enemy territory is all the time in the world. Running the ball or throwing it away on 3rd and 10 is unideal as it sets you up for 4th and long if you don't get a good run off, but it's infinitely better than ending the game. It turns out being concussed in prior games didn't matter. The hits didn't fuck up his head, he's just the J.R. Smith of football.

3 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

With all that time he had in the pocket, they should’ve just put Shane in. If they’re not even going to run him, might as well send Shane. We’ll never know if he can throw game ending interceptions if they don’t put him in.

If there's one thing this coaching staff is good at, it's recognizing player strengths and plugging them in proper situations...

See: rb rotation

See: play selection

He has complete confidence in his ability to make throws.  Unfortunately that is combined with an inaccurate and mediocre arm.  It is a lethal combination that he's never going to overcome.  Even if he would somehow get smarter with the ball.  He's never going to be an above average passer.  College sophomores don't start throwing tight, accurate spirals out of the blue.  He's not some raw kid that didn't have the benefit of good coaching since middle school.  He's not going to take a leap forward because of that.

Edited by kevwun
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

True, they’ll start running the qb when Shane is in.

Shane's faster and more capable of breaking a big gain.  Sam likes to try to truck safeties though so there's this narrative that he's a good tough runner.

22 hours ago, Helobious said:

He’s an outstanding young man, a tremendous representative of the university, he’s honestly a solid QB, and I highly suspect that he’ll lead a more successful life than I ever will. 

However in high pressure situations with the game on the line, he’s just about the last person on earth I want taking snaps. He’s like the anti-Colt McCoy.

Pretty much this.

Problem is, there's not really a QB on the roster who's proven that he CAN win a game on the line.  I missed most of the game--got home in time to see the part after the weather delay, and today watched a condensed version on BTN.  Seems to me they were trying to make Sam a "touch passer" when fitting passes in tight windows really is not his strength.  Hell accuracy is not his strength.  And, at some point, you have to pay attention to the fact that he's contributed highly to about 4-5 losses now. 

But who's the replacement?  Buechele is brittle and we know won't survive a season.  Do we start to work in Rising and/or the other guy? 

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Holy fuck. Our starting QB thinks it's not even an option to throw the ball away or run on 3rd & 10 in the opponents territory with over a minute left. I'm being 100% serious here, there are junior high QB's that know better than that. Did Sam not hear/understand the question or something? What an incredible answer. 

OMFG.  So, in his “brain”, it IS ok to throw the ball away on FOURTH down last year in the RRS, but not on 3rd down?

Wait, why is anyone shocked by this?  It isn’t new.  Exactly one week after the 4th down throw away debacle, he forced a ball in OT on 3rd down, where we only needed a fg to extend OT.  Said pass was intercepted and the game was over.

Edited by scottsins

22 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

How do you think I know that? I was a part of the system. Finding dumb as shit but strong as ox young dudes to sign their life away before they realize they're nothing was disposable pawns. I was part of it. Something I'll have to live with and regret the rest of the days

You regret Military service?  Something tells me you were part of the problem.  What a dipshit.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

Make fun of Tebow all you want.  He won a natty and acted like he was playing for his life when he lost.

Sam’s like “if you want to win, throw it up and hope something good happens - if not, fuck it.”

young man, this is not good enough.

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Maybe he thinks we are playing in Canada?

Make fun of Tebow all you want.  He won a natty and acted like he was playing for his life when he lost.

Sam’s like “if you want to win, throw it up and hope something good happens - if not, fuck it.”

young man, this is not good enough.

Well when your coach is a fuckin prick to the media, the players hear him then in turn think its okay to be a horses ass to reporters

16 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

QB concepts according to sam:
#1- 4th and long, throw it away
#2- 3rd and long, u have to just throw it up. Cant throw it away or try and run. Hail mary it up!

JFC! Cant make this shit up

How some of Sam's quarterback plays look in my head:

hEA8D962D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The biggest problem I have is Herman forcing Sam on us and not holding him to the same standard he does Watson, Carter, etc when they turn the ball over, they get pulled and aren’t seen again. 

But when it’s Sam who keep turning it over and turning it over...he doesn’t get pulled. Nothing. Such a double standard and bullshit and don’t think the other players don’t take notice. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

The biggest problem I have is Herman forcing Sam on us and not holding him to the same standard he does Watson, Carter, etc when they turn the ball over, they get pulled and aren’t seen again. 

But when it’s Sam who keep turning it over and turning it over...he doesn’t get pulled. Nothing. Such a double standard and bullshit and don’t think the other players don’t take notice. 

You mean you thought all this preaching about "accountability" really meant accountability?  No, to mensa, accountability is about running because you misplaced your water bottle or you get burnt toast because you lost a shuttle drill.  

It doesn't mean getting fired if you are a shitty o-line/WR /OC, as long as you are a buddy, and it certainly doesn't mean you ride the bench if you are a shitty QB/RB, as long as you have "it," which is defined as arbitrarily as needed.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

That’s not a good point.  You want QB continuity.  You want an unquestioned leader. 

That’s something that’s practiced at all levels of football. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bschoolprof said:

You mean you thought all this preaching about "accountability" really meant accountability?  No, to mensa, accountability is about running because you misplaced your water bottle or you get burnt toast because you lost a shuttle drill.  

It doesn't mean getting fired if you are a shitty o-line/WR /OC, as long as you are a buddy, and it certainly doesn't mean you ride the bench if you are a shitty QB/RB, as long as you have "it," which is defined as arbitrarily as needed.  

“It”means you practice and conduct yourself in the program the Herman way on non gameday. He values that and his process over immediate success, because he believes in his “process” so much. 

I see value in that up to the point that he keeps losing in embarrassingly and or monumentally football stupid ways while we await for his process to take hold or Greg Ward to find more eligibility. 

1 minute ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

“It”means you practice and conduct yourself in the program the Herman way on non gameday. He values that and his process over immediate success, because he believes in his “process” so much. 

I see value in that up to the point that he keeps losing in embarrassingly and or monumentally football stupid ways while we await for his process to take hold or Greg Ward to find more eligibility. 

And on the coaching side "It" is  . . . ?  It's not being qualified or getting good results obviously.  He's a fraud - there's no accountability.  

Just now, bschoolprof said:

And on the coaching side "It" is  . . . ?  It's not being qualified or getting good results obviously.  He's a fraud - there's no accountability.  

On the coaching side “it” means you support Herman’s “process” and collect paychecks as long as you don’t upset his boat. 

Its interesting that he hired elite coaches to run the areas that aren’t his specialty and dipsticks to help him on offense. 

3 minutes ago, Bobby_Batronic said:

On the coaching side “it” means you support Herman’s “process” and collect paychecks as long as you don’t upset his boat. 

Its interesting that he hired elite coaches to run the areas that aren’t his specialty and dipsticks to help him on offense. 

I don't think he purposely went out and said I'm going to hire elite coaches on D and dipshits on O.  I think he hired buddies and yes men from his UH days, and it just so happens he got lucky hiring Orlando at UH, who happens to be a good coach.  

2 minutes ago, bschoolprof said:

I don't think he purposely went out and said I'm going to hire elite coaches on D and dipshits on O.  I think he hired buddies and yes men from his UH days, and it just so happens he got lucky hiring Orlando at UH, who happens to be a good coach.  

He definitely brought most of his staff over. But Orlando was a stud from day one at all his stops. Meekins, Warehime and Meh?  Much lest so. Drayton has a good rep, but as best I can tell his job is to recruit and try to out dumbfuck Meh’s WR rotation with his own. 

1 hour ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

How many times do you need to see Sam’s ass pucker up and fuck up in crunch time when the games on the line to realize Sam isn’t that leader?

That’s a question for Mensa. My point was you don’t yank a QB for a bad turnover.  It’s not like the other positions like another poster tried to say. 

49 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

What if that unquestioned leader is bad at football?

I get that, but that wasn’t the point. 

Coaches are easily fooled by kids like Sam. He has some nice tools, a big arm -albeit an inaccurate one, he's strong, a decent runner.  They  focus on these tools and are blinded by the lack of the "it" factor and the lack of football smarts.  Sam is 2-5 as a starter.  That says it all!  I would not give him another snap in practice EVER!  Shane and Rising are my two qbs from this point forward.  I would force Sam to transfer.  Harsh, but what winning programs do.

• Fuck You 1