Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

The Haley speculation is boring the shit out of me. 

The Trumpist electorate will be there for the taking for someone, but you'll have to think more out of the box than political heirs apparent or any other normal routes.

Those voters like bombast, hate, and the deification of idiocy as an answer to a world they think existed but never did fading into oblivion. They want a TV star shaking things up and calling people losers and idiots. They want another Trump, and somewhere a more cunning version waits to seize the reins.

Does Haley fit that bill? If not, forget about it. 

57 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

FB page is still wide open for public comment.  I'd reckon an attention horse like this is having mini orgasms every time she sees her click traffic.

67136942_2161708157289629_39565716631763

"Snapshots from my life."

56 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

One might think Bolton is trolling the fuck out of Trump, and looking to make an appearance in front of a House committee or two.  No way Bolton makes those comments and thinks they won't make their way back to Trump.

I might be too conspiratorial lately, but it just feels like Bolton is dangling a fishing lure right now.  Rupert Murdoch meeting Barr in private just feels like there's some kind of spectacle that will be delivered.  If Bolton showed up in front of a committee and just shrugged his shoulders Fox News would have a confetti shower for Trump.  The slightest misstep or minor procedural error by the democrats is all they want to sell a hollow victory.  Look how long Trump has been spewing gibberish about Schiff's metaphorical version of the phone call transcript.  The GOP would be dancing in the streets if Bolton showed up and stated that he thinks the president is an idiotic boob but sees nothing wrong with his manipulation of Ukraine.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

He'll just post his Venmo on Facebook and make all that $40k and more.  Because our country is a perfect Venn diagram intersection of stupid/gullible, hateful/violent, and grift these days.

Excuse me while I set up some fake Hoyt Hutchinson FB and Venmo accounts.

• Like 4

I don't know if I see Haley accepting a VP role. First, you need Pence to agree to resign or step away from the 2020 ticket. While not his call on the 2020 ticket, but Trump would need Pence to walk away graciously. Spend more time with family type of statement/interview.
Second, Haley is tough and I don't see her willing to take a public role to spew the POTUS' crap every day.
2024 does seem like an opportune time for her to run for President, so she needs to get back into the game at some level. Unfortunately Trump doesn't like anyone standing alongside him that comes across as anything but as a sycophant.  that's not Nikki.

Somebody needs to ask her what she did when she heard about the Kelley cabal/resistance to Trump. So did you immediately ask to speak to the stable genius to warn him of this threat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Rupert Murdoch meeting Barr in private just feels like there's some kind of spectacle that will be delivered. 

Occam's Razor: Barr mediating between Trump and Fox News leadership.  That meeting happened as a bunch of Fox News folks were toning down their support, or even criticizing Trump, and Trump had began taking more public potshots at Fox News as a result.  Hell, that was around the time that Tucker wrote that op-ed.  And keep in mind that those Fox News hosts that had began criticizing Trump would not have done so without Rupert's permission.

Somebody needs to ask her what she did when she heard about the Kelley cabal/resistance to Trump. So did you immediately ask to speak to the stable genius to warn him of this threat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She alluded that Trump knew when see was interviewed this morning on NBC. The question was asked directly, "did you inform the President about this "cabal/resistance?"

She didn't answer directly on if she informed the President, only saying he was aware of it.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Occam's Razor: Barr mediating between Trump and Fox News leadership.  That meeting happened as a bunch of Fox News folks were toning down their support, or even criticizing Trump, and Trump had began taking more public potshots at Fox News as a result.  Hell, that was around the time that Tucker wrote that op-ed.  And keep in mind that those Fox News hosts that had began criticizing Trump would not have done so without Rupert's permission.

I believe that.  Shep Smith was fired the next day.  I just wonder if someone was smart enough in that monkey cage of Trumpers to plan one aspect of a longer game.  Barr would probably be that guy.  This is all useless speculation on my part, though.  Like I said, I might be becoming way too conspiratorial, but I just don't trust any of these shitheads anymore and the law of averages cites that they'll eventually do something clever, even it's by accident.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I believe that.  Shep Smith was fired the next day.  I just wonder if someone was smart enough in that monkey cage of Trumpers to plan one aspect of a longer game.  Barr would probably be that guy.  This is all useless speculation on my part, though.  Like I said, I might be becoming way too conspiratorial, but I just don't trust any of these shitheads anymore and the law of averages cites that they'll eventually do something clever, even it's by accident.

While I definitely think there are people around Trump capable of planning a long game, including Barr, Shep Smith being forced out the next day makes me think that Barr was telling Murdoch that Trump was going to cut off complete access to FNC as far as White House personnel doing interviews for them, etc.  Perhaps even told him that Trump would switch his complete support to OANN and tell his followers to follow suit.

Speculation on my part as well, but that timing was just too neat, and there was too much heat on Trump from FNC hosts, and Trump was getting pissy on twitter with Fox News.  These were the tweets from the day before Shep was forced out (and he singles out Shep):

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

While I definitely think there are people around Trump capable of planning a long game, including Barr, Shep Smith being forced out the next day makes me think that Barr was telling Murdoch that Trump was going to cut off complete access to FNC as far as White House personnel doing interviews for them, etc.  Perhaps even told him that Trump would switch his complete support to OANN and tell his followers to follow suit.

Speculation on my part as well, but that timing was just too neat, and there was too much heat on Trump from FNC hosts, and Trump was getting pissy on twitter with Fox News.  These were the tweets from the day before Shep was forced out (and he singles out Shep):

Perfect example of "if Obama did it."

• Like 1

I noticed on the state dept page, she has the following: https://www.state.gov/biographies/mina-chang/

Mina is an alumna of the Harvard Business School, a graduate of the United States Army War College National Security Seminar, a Harvard John F. Kennedy Senior Executive in National and International Security and a former International Security Fellow at New America

She doesn't seem to live as an actual degree from anywhere. I will assume her university isn't very prestigious or maybe she doesn't have a degree.  Personally I think someone in these roles should have a post-grad degree.

And do you really graduate from a seminar?  From quick research, that National Security Seminar does require an invite, but not sure 4 days on-site qualifies someone as a graduate. Sounds like an attendee. 

• Like 2

Her linkedin page shows she completed a 7-week "advanced management program" at Harvard, along with a nebulous entry implying time at Harvard's Kennedy School.  She also claims SMU's "Executive Nonprofit Leadership" program, which I was unable to find evidence of in approximately 20 seconds of googling.  I see no claims of a bachelor's degree or typical graduate degrees.

Seems Mina might like to stretch the truth a bit.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/minachang/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

This administration is a hive of frauds, grifters, con artists, snake oil salesmen, narcissists, compulsive liars, imposters, and opportunists.  What’s insane is 40% of Americans are so fucking delusional, partisan, and/or stupid that they look at the writhing, scaly pile of human fraud that is the Trump Administration and think “Swamp, drained.”  

We’re so fucked.  Even if Trump is ousted in 2020, how does the country recover when a huge chunk of the population are brainwashed cultists?

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

haha. How Presidential to say that someone sucks. We are living in a world where the president is a WWE heel.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Her linkedin page shows she completed a 7-week "advanced management program" at Harvard, along with a nebulous entry implying time at Harvard's Kennedy School.  She also claims SMU's "Executive Nonprofit Leadership" program, which I was unable to find evidence of in approximately 20 seconds of googling.  I see no claims of a bachelor's degree or typical graduate degrees.

Seems Mina might like to stretch the truth a bit.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/minachang/

Her surgeon also stretched her tits and the gap between them.

Edited by SizzleChest

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm in the driver's seat. I run the show. I'm the fuckin' president!

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm in the driver's seat. I run the show. I'm the fuckin' president!

I already posted that a couple weeks ago.  But won't neg because it's a classic film that far too few people appreciate.  

I also like the puppet show, "Mr. President, how come you don't sell some planes so I can get some school lunch?"  

I think there's someone behind you.  Ain't nothing behind me but my sweet chocolate buns!  

Amazing he was a first ballot Hall of Famer in the WWE.  But it's gonna take his family 10 years to find a home for his Presidential library.  I mean besides, Florida Atlantic University offering to host it because the literal translation of their town is Rat Mouth, which perfectly describes Eric Trump.  

In the Ray of Hope Department:

https://www.wacotrib.com/opinion/columns/board_of_contributors/blake-burleson-in-an-abyss-of-lies-i-must-finally/article_7636d664-7aa1-5eb6-91ff-b6b87795b438.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=user-share&fbclid=IwAR1zhycuhWZl3WqwQQSd2QKE6DvdGa0O3IWltFTFGf5BGUG1Hwm5nVKKEPs

Spoiler
IN THE AGE OF TRUMP

Blake Burleson: In an abyss of lies, I must finally depart from enablers of madness among us

• BLAKE BURLESON Board of Contributors
    • Nov 9, 2019

A few weeks ago as I was leaving church after the Sunday morning service, I spoke with one of my friends about the unraveling of our democracy. The conversation turned to his father — in his 90s and a Trump supporter. My friend told me that his father only watches Fox News to get information and has no tolerance for information factual or otherwise that counters the narrative he hears on Fox. When my friend confronts his father about blatant and deliberately misleading statements from what has essentially become Trump News, his father declares unequivocally that the mainstream media is the one putting out lies.

And so a family rift has developed between my friend and the father he loves.

Except for those in isolation, most Americans are experiencing such tensions in some of their closest relationships. Bonds are fraying in families, neighborhoods, businesses, civic organizations, schools and faith communities to a degree not witnessed since the Civil War. As we know, that horrific conflict pitted families against one another in national bloodshed. Slavery was ultimately crushed and our union was stitched back together, but not before brother fought against brother, father against son. Families went to pieces right along with the nation.

During the four-year Civil War, propagandists for slavery surfaced at every level of society, from statehouses to courthouses, from newspaper offices to college lecture halls, from bars to pulpits, from kitchen tables to bedrooms. And like Republican Party leadership today, these propagandists drank deeply from a well of maniacal, self-serving, us-against-them ideology: Slavery was God-ordained! While the propagandists then had no Fox News to indoctrinate the fold, the media of the mid-1800s in the South were dominated by voices of oppressors who had enslaved an entire population of Americans. Non-slave-owning whites were — with notable exceptions — the enablers of the slave owners. Voices of liberation were mostly silenced in the forests and cotton fields from South Carolina to Texas.

Unfortunately, many of my ancestors in Texas were part of this oppressive regime. Some Burlesons owned slaves; most Burlesons may not have owned slaves but nonetheless plowed blood and treasure into supporting the South’s fight to perpetuate slavery. In fact, Burlesons were willing to die to preserve a way of life propped up by one of the vilest evils in history. All benefited by oppression of African Americans both before and after the War Between the States.

While some members of my family such Gen. Edward Burleson, once vice president of the Republic of Texas, led in advocating white supremacy over African Americans and Native Americans, others such as Rev. Rufus Burleson, president of Baylor University, eventually became advocates for the rights of blacks. The change of heart did not happen overnight for this preacher-educator. When the Civil War began, Rufus Burleson was a chaplain on the side of the South, enabling their cause. Years later, after the North had won the war, he traveled all over Texas giving speeches to encourage towns to support free public education that included schooling the children of freed slaves. He also helped raise money for the establishment of Bishop College for African Americans.

Since Judge R.E.B. Baylor, for whom the university is named, was a slave owner, Rev. Burleson’s early advocacy for civil rights is remarkable, perhaps even singular among Burlesons at the time. Most of my ancestors (unlike Uncle Rufus) proudly bolstered the Jim Crow South once the war was over and Reconstruction collapsed. This legacy of discrimination lasted a long, long time. In fact, the Lost Cause narrative that gave rise to it defined several generations.

As a child growing up in Texas in the 1950s and ’60s, I found the racial prejudice in my extended family and neighborhoods was deep and pervasive. I was taught in school that the Civil War was not fought over slavery but over states’ rights — an example of revisionist history if it ever existed. The propaganda machinery went unchecked in the South for at least 100 years after the Civil War. In some quarters it continues today and has, in fact, been given new life through white supremacists emboldened by President Trump. Growing up, I learned from extended family members that slavery was not evil but rather a “peculiar institution” beneficial for African Americans and good for America. As a boy, I heard happy statements like, “Did you know that most slaves chose to stay with their slave owners after the Civil War ended?”

The message was clear: Slaves once in human bondage loved their masters so much they just wanted to remain in one big happy family. These sentiments were expressed at family gatherings and celebrations in willful ignorance of the depredation caused by an institution in which the recently freed had nowhere else to go, no way to survive except to stay with former slave owners who had treated them as their property, their chattel. These Southern myths were meant to assuage any collective societal guilt for enabling the political, religious and civic powers of oppression, past and present.

Myths can last for decades, even a century or more. When renowned Civil War historian Shelby Foote, resolutely Southern author of a three-volume history, “The Civil War: A Narrative,” spoke at the Beall Russell Lecture for the Humanities at Baylor University in 2002, he made the statement that slavery was ultimately “good” for African Americans because it took them out of primitive Africa. He said this “peculiar institution” allowed them to escape the Rwandan genocide! Many of us in the audience put our heads in our hands upon hearing this tired minimizing of America’s original sin.

The Southern Baptist Convention was formed in 1845 over the issue of slavery. Baptists in the South sold their souls by separating from their northern Baptist brothers and sisters in preference for that “peculiar institution.” It took 150 years for the SBC to publicly apologize for support of slavery, asking forgiveness from “all African Americans.” Yet today the SBC again stands on the wrong side of history as its leaders openly support a racist in the White House. First Baptist Church of Dallas Pastor Robert Jeffress and Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. have become the grand enablers of Trump as SBC congregations large and small across Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and beyond voice adoration and awe for this president.

A new survey from the Public Religion Research Institute indicates 98% of Republican white evangelical Protestants oppose impeachment — significantly more than any other religious group surveyed. In Waco, punch-drunk evangelicals have either kept silent or openly supported Trump and his actions. One evangelical pastor — a friend of mine — defends Trump’s inhumane border policy, writing in this very newspaper that it “offered compassion” and “that it is an honor to serve on the Board of Latinos for Trump.” This reminds me of some Lutheran pastors and Catholic priests’ tacit and not-so-tacit support of Hitler’s “compassion” camps for Jews in World War II that separated families.

Evangelicals and evil

Christians surely should ponder this much: The Trump administration deliberately inflicted trauma upon children as a deterrent, an action morally repugnant and contrary to international law and biblical tenets. This action is indefensible. Yet many evangelicals are OK with taking the evil with the good. I often hear evangelicals say they don’t like the Trump tweets but tolerate them because of Trump’s appointments to the Supreme Court, placing justices who stand ready to dutifully overturn Roe v. Wade. Like Esau who sold his birthright for a bowl of porridge in Genesis, these evangelicals claim mightily to be “pro-life,” even as they enable and endorse a government that separates vulnerable children from desperate parents at the border, that orders immigrant children in need of lifesaving health care to return to their country of origin where such care does not exist, that encourages and excuses white supremacists’ violence, that tries to dismantle health care for millions of Americans, that precipitously withdraws troops from Syria leaving Kurdish men, women and children to face potential genocide, that refuses to do anything about the epidemic of gun violence in America, that guts the Environmental Protection Agency’s role in conserving clean air, clean water and other natural resources, that ignores the climate change so obviously threatening all human and animal life on the planet. This is pro-death, not pro-life. Yet Republican support for Trump remains sky-high — at least among those still willing to identify themselves as Republican to inquiring pollsters.

While recent surveys suggest younger generations of Americans are fed up with Republicans and their right-wing misogyny, homophobia, racism, greed and xenophobia, millions of other Americans — from the Greatest Generation to the Baby Boomers — are entrenched in an ideological swamp that supports this president and his minions (some now under indictment or in prison). My church friend’s father, now in his 90s, will not be around many more years. He is likely to continue watching Fox News and its soul-snatching, mind-numbing, truth-bending embrace of Trump and his enablers till his last breath. And what of Trump disciples in their 50s, 60s and 70s who will live among us several more decades after Trump is removed from office, resigns or is defeated in 2020? Like the neo-Nazis in Europe and America, those voting for him and thus enabling him will likely continue to believe what they believe now — that he is a great president. They’re so caught up in a vortex of misinformation, mythology and falsehoods that they will remain in his axis till their dying days.

And the rest of us? When evil is called good, there can be no common ground on which to stand. At least, for now. Some relationships will be and must be broken. It’s not “just politics.” Lives are being lost — on our borders, in our schools, in our hospitals — because of Republican and evangelical enabling of Trump. Their endorsement is inexcusable and history will show little mercy. When the propagandist machine of Fox News, right-wing radio and evangelical pastors have twisted hard facts, surrendered constitutional principles and abandoned biblical tenets so that millions remain in an abyss of lies, a point eventually arrives when there can be no further conversation. One must walk away from the enablers and the sycophants and seek faith and renewal in the truth and the light.

When you have lost a Baylor Department of Religion professor and minister...

• Like 3

Baylor knows two things:  How to exert evangelical belief systems into political capital and telling young men to go ahead and grab 'em by the pussy.  

Is this anything like LBJ losing Cronkite?