Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

56 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Not a lawyer, but I have a tough time believing that would work as a defense.  

"Your honor, of course my client killed her, which I admit he shouldn't have, but he does it all the time...the family of the victims should just get over it.  The defense rests."

Question asked....

51 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

And the jury of accomplices to the murder ignores the law, talking on their phones through the entire trial, and acquits anyway.

And answered.  Honestly, I'm not sure why they're even bothering with a defense.  The GOP might as well just say "Trump is a God-King, and by definition, can do no wrong.  All Hail Trump!"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Happy Pearl Harbor Day!!!

Happy 9/11!!!

Can't wait for those.

"Happy Veterans' Day' to me rings discordant, but several of my HS friends who served (one who went to the Naval Academy) posted "Happy Veterans' Day" on FB.

I guess it's because I associate the holiday with Armistice Day as well that I view it as a day of remembrance rather than celebration.  I won't second guess those who have a different view that have served.  After all, it's to honor them.

37 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

"Happy Veterans' Day' to me rings discordant, but several of my HS friends who served (one who went to the Naval Academy) posted "Happy Veterans' Day" on FB.

I guess it's because I associate the holiday with Armistice Day as well that I view it as a day of remembrance rather than celebration.  I won't second guess those who have a different view that have served.  After all, it's to honor them.

My mom and sister both posted “Happy Veteran’s Day” on my FB page and it weirds me out.  Not just because I came nowhere close to combat either (Fort Sill/Lawton, OK and Fort Bliss/El Paso were not hotbeds of communist insurgency in the 90s), it’s just like....I think I still closely associate it with more of a remembrance thing as well.  

And then my mom posted a photo of me and her right after I got out of basic, and that put me in a swell mood, because I really wanted everybody to be reminded of what I looked like 25 years and 40 pounds ago.   

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Yeah, I've seen several of those and my 95 year old grandfather seems ok with it too.

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Junior was heckled off the stage by the FAR RIGHT loonies.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2019/11/11/donald-trump-jr-book-talk-ucla-derailed-by-far-right-protesters/

I've always said that Trump Sr. would be the death of the Republican party.   From the article:

But when unruly heckling drowned out the couple’s answers, leading the pair to walk offstage, it wasn’t leftists who cut the event short. Instead, the rebukes came from a crowd of young people who rank among the most ardent and extreme supporters of President Trump.

As first reported by the Guardian, a number of conservatives — some in Make America Great Again caps and pro-Trump attire — began to shout at the president’s son and political adviser 20 minutes into an event moderated by Turning Point USA founder Charlie Kirk, after learning a question-and-answer session had been canceled.

Video from the event showed a chant that started out as “U-S-A! U-S-A!” turning quickly into angry cries of “Q-and-A! Q-and-A!” Minutes later, Trump Jr. and Guilfoyle stormed off the stage.

The chaotic scene contradicted Trump Jr.'s central thesis that liberals have grown so intolerant of dissenting voices, conservative politicians can no longer engage in civil discourse. It also exposed an increasingly hostile fissure between conservative student groups like Turning Point USA and a hard-right faction of young Trump devotees who have flocked to self-professed “American Nationalist” Nicholas Fuentes and his “America First” movement.

52 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Veterans Day = all veterans

Memorial Day = honoring the dead

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Trump lost his case to prevent the Democrats in the House from getting their hands on his taxes.  That’s going to take things from an 11 to 12.  We will get an awesome series of tweets.   

The Supreme Court case or?  Hard to keep up but that’s the one that begins his crucifixion 

4 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

A.) We don't have access to the transcript 

B.) Even in the "transcript" you released...based on "notes" and "recollections" of you and your cronies...contains evidence of a crime

C.) All of the whistleblower's accusations have been corroborated in sworn testimony by witnesses to the call 

D.) Go fuck yourself with a hot iron poker

Mitt-Romney-Laughing.gif

46 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Who is even talking about the "transcript" anymore?  Why does he keep tweeting about it?  This has gone way longer than his normal obsessions.  No one needs the "transcript" anymore you dumb sack of shit. 

Maybe he’s gone all Howard Hughes and is talking to himself/the walls.  

Amazing how triggered he and Jr.  have been over the past 24 hours.  

I'm of the opinion that someone has told him, possibly even today, that the transcripts that have been released by Schiff have been corroborated by Republicans as well and are not falsified.  I just tell myself he's like my 89 year old Alzheimers-addled aunt who has forgotten what she has been shown or told, sometimes in less than a hour.

It's the only possible explanation at this point.  

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Russian MiGs used to occasionally crash in freezing weather because the pilots (this is true) would often drain the de-icer from the aircraft and drink it. Evidently it's largely alcohol. 

It's so it doesn't freeze during cold weather. (It's why I use the washer fluid pictured above.) I imagine the washer fluid used by the Russian military would be of particularly high proof. 

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Who is even talking about the "transcript" anymore?  Why does he keep tweeting about it?  This has gone way longer than his normal obsessions.  No one needs the "transcript" anymore you dumb sack of shit. 

As bad as the phone call is, he wants to keep that the only part of the story alive in the public mind. The call is actually just a detail in his conspiracy to strong arm foreign nations into helping him politically and God knows how else.

I don't think it's lunacy or an accident that he focuses on the call. It's the most containable element of his criminal acts. Think of Nixon wanting Watergate to be just about the break-in instead of him enlisting the head of the FBI to destroy evidence or revelations about other misdeeds. 

• Like 5

As bad as the phone call is, he wants to keep that the only part of the story alive in the public mind. The call is actually just a detail in his conspiracy to strong arm foreign nations into helping him politically and God knows how else.
I don't think it's lunacy or an accident that he focuses on the call. It's the most containable element of his criminal acts. Think of Nixon wanting Watergate to be just about the break-in instead of him enlisting the head of the FBI to destroy evidence or revelations about other misdeeds. 
Exactly. It also turns a very complex sequence of criminal events into a 3 word catchphrase which is his base's intellectual ceiling.

4c9f266d7aa82cba09c7a3ac4552d6f5.jpg
  • Like 2

It's interesting them repeatedly calling this a coup attempt. Gore Vidal opined about that regarding Clinton and his reasoning was far more apt.

Shameless distortion and lying on the part of Trump's defenders as they intentionally distort the issues of due process during an investigation and process of impeachment prior to the removal trial. Desperate acts generated by criminals trying to stay out of the grasp of the law.

53 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It's interesting them repeatedly calling this a coup attempt. Gore Vidal opined about that regarding Clinton and his reasoning was far more apt.

Shameless distortion and lying on the part of Trump's defenders as they intentionally distort the issues of due process during an investigation and process of impeachment prior to the removal trial. Desperate acts generated by criminals trying to stay out of the grasp of the law.

It seems like every time they call it a coup attempt, It comes on the heels of more damaging testimony.  They are telegraphing to the world that they know this shit is bad.