The way too early 2019 LSU at Texas game discussion

4th and 5

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

XMU talked LSU today. Seems there may be some issues on play calling responsibility. In spite of the additions to the staff, the responsibility will remain with Esminger.

This isn’t the “issue” in the sense I think you mean it...esminger was always the guy who would be calling plays. Its one of the many reasons folks here have an eyebrow arched about their New Offense.

now, is it an issue for LSU? Absolutely. 

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This isn’t the “issue” in the sense I think you mean it...esminger was always the guy who would be calling plays. Its one of the many reasons folks here have an eyebrow arched about their New Offense.

now, is it an issue for LSU? Absolutely. 

Yep, that was my understanding all along, too. The new "passing game coordinator" gets to draw up as many plays as he'd like... but Ensminger is the guy who will decide whether or not to actually use them. And for anyone wondering what Ensminger thinks, just look at this article from January of 2018 (prior to this past season) to get a feel for how "new" all this talk about spreading the ball around is.

"The strength of our offense, in my opinion, right now is our receivers," Ensminger said at a press conference Thursday in which his promotion from tight ends coach to offensive coordinator was announced by head coach Ed Orgeron. "We have depth at wide receiver, which we haven't had in the last couple of years. So I believe this, we have to put three or four wide receivers on the field.

"I think we have to be an RPO (run-pass option) team. I think we have to be a more fastball team. I think we have to go no huddle. That's the direction we're going."

So, that was the plan prior to the 2018 season. I leave it to the humble reader to observe whether or not any of that actually happened.

Sounds like a 2015 Shawn Watson setup for the Tigahs.

And like Charlie Strong, Ed O doesn't give a shit about offense...beyond wanting to play a field position and time of possession game. Ed is probably also dumb enough to kick off both halves.

I hope LSU has a Texas at Notre Dame game when in the course of displaying their new offense, it devolves into an utter shitshow for them.

I still have nightmares from being at that shitty ND game in the Domer's dump of a stadium watching Texas just bumblefuck their way around the field.

Here's to LSU suffering a similar fate when they trot out their new O in Austin.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BrazilHorn said:

I hope LSU has a Texas at Notre Dame game when in the course of displaying their new offense, it devolves into an utter shitshow for them.

I still have nightmares from being at that shitty ND game in the Domer's dump of a stadium watching Texas just bumblefuck their way around the field.

Here's to LSU suffering a similar fate when they trot out their new O in Austin.

The difference is that LSU will have a lot more talent bumbling on the field.

38 minutes ago, Nivek said:

That was Rick Neuheisel’s point. Too many cooks in the kitchen mixed with previous conservative tendencies of Esminger will likely impede the “new” offense.

I listened to it while driving to Austin. T'Bob Hebert is such a frigging homer. Every time he comes an XMU show, he spins the "LSU is elite again" narrative. He was aggressive in pushing the "LSU's offense has changed for real this time!" premise on the show. When he talked about the Texas game, it was basically "Orgeron will use beating Texas to shut down all of his detractors" as a matter of fact position. 

Texas has to beat LSU for about every reason possible. Contrary to Kyrie's delusions, every other source from LSU discussing playing Texas in the media seems to see the win as a foregone conclusion. Orgeron is still the same imbecile he ever was. He's perfectly capable of clenching up at the first sign of offensive trouble, and that is what I expect.  

Edited by closetojumping

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Sounds like a 2015 Shawn Watson setup for the Tigahs.

And like Charlie Strong, Ed O doesn't give a shit about offense...beyond wanting to play a field position and time of possession game. Ed is probably also dumb enough to kick off both halves.

Yup I’m a firm believer that that country ass Cajun swamp fucker just wants to control the clock on September 7th. And LSU will fail

2 hours ago, Machinator said:

I bet aggy wishes they had kept woodie even more now he could have ended their transfer of athletics money to the academic side there before he left

oh wait what......the "richest" program in college sports does not give any money to the academic side....the athletics OWES $18 million....on damn how embarrassing

You can analyze this game in every possible manner.... but at the end of the day, they have Ed Orgeron and we have Tom Herman. One of them is a member of Mensa. The other can have the audio from Slingblade overdubbed into his press conference and nobody can tell the difference. I like our chances.

They went from Saban to Miles to Orgeron. It's like the Darwin evolution of man diagram in reverse.

Image result for darwin evolution of man

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I listened to it while driving to Austin. T'Bob Hebert is such a frigging homer. Every time he comes an XMU show, he spins the "LSU is elite again" narrative. He was aggressive in pushing the "LSU's offense has changed for real this time!" premise on the show. When he talked about the Texas game, it was basically "Orgeron will use beating Texas to shut down all of his detractors" as a matter of fact position. 
Texas has to beat LSU for about every reason possible. Contrary to Kyrie's delusions, every other source from LSU discussing playing Texas in the media seems to see the win as a foregone conclusion. Orgeron is still the same imbecile he ever was. He's perfectly capable of clenching up at the first sign of offensive trouble, and that is what I expect.  

Since I don’t follow the sport as closely as I once did, I don’t know much about Ed’s struggles with his fan base.

Texas should easily win this if they want to be there. But we know how our program prefers late season wins against marquee opponents vs some nothing regular season game that doesn’t involve a trophy.

13 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Imagine if they played this at dkr. Holy shit.

We have some pretty smart CS majors. Surely they can hack into our video/PA system and make this happen about 5 minutes before kickoff. Think of all the hot CS tail they could score after pulling that off......never mind.

1 hour ago, cdain3 said:

Imagine if they played this at dkr. Holy shit.

50 minutes ago, Blotto said:

We have some pretty smart CS majors. Surely they can hack into our video/PA system and make this happen about 5 minutes before kickoff. Think of all the hot CS tail they could score after pulling that off......never mind.

well that too, but if Rajneesh Patel can text pictures to me from Over  There, we oughta be able to hit every phone in and around the Stadium with a copy that. And play it. And push volume to 11. 

40 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think that perfectly exemplifies the difference between the two schools and fanbases.  The LSU dude was a caricature of blind homerism.  Just simple assertion based on assumptions he didn't even bother to state - IOW smack talk.  Acho was definitely analytical and willing to take a hard look.  He was critical of Texas - too critical IMHO.  Acho was not lacking in realism, crossing the line (again IMHO) to excessive pessimism.

Those 2 guys represented their schools pretty well.  In addition their views are probably shaped by the absurd man love for SECx3 led by ESPN.  I doubt that LSU homer would say that so blithely if his bias wasn't constantly being confirmed and reinforced.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

I think that perfectly exemplifies the difference between the two schools and fanbases.  The LSU dude was a caricature of blind homerism.  Just simple assertion based on assumptions he didn't even bother to state - IOW smack talk.  Acho was definitely analytical and willing to take a hard look.  He was critical of Texas - too critical IMHO.  Acho was not lacking in realism, crossing the line (again IMHO) to excessive pessimism.

Those 2 guys represented their schools pretty well.  In addition their views are probably shaped by the absurd man love for SECx3 led by ESPN.  I doubt that LSU homer would say that so blithely if his bias wasn't constantly being confirmed and reinforced.

I'm sure he was also brought on with the specific purpose of playing up the SEC angle to generate hype for the game. I'm sure Ryan Clark was told to hammer those "points." Remember, that was basically a three minute ad for the ABC/ESPN broadcast.

Edited by gmr548

2 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I'm sure he was also brought on with the specific purpose of playing up the SEC angle to generate hype for the game. I'm sure Ryan Clark was told to hammer those "points." Remember, that was basically a three minute ad for the ABC/ESPN broadcast.

You're not wrong.  I'm just saying that both men knew exactly how to appeal to their respective fan bases and did exactly that.

Edited by sushihorn

4 hours ago, sushihorn said:

"TEXAS BEATING GEORGIA WAS A LETDOWN FOR THE GEORGIA TEAM TO HAVE TO EVEN PLAY EM, RIGHT. ITS ABOUT WINNING SEC! CHAMPIONSHIPS, AND WINNING NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS"

Pretty cute how the only time SEC! schools play outside of their league they are given the free pass of "it wasn't for a natty". I thought that football in the SEC just meant more? Only against each other?

Big dawg Brett assured me that Georgia could come out flat and still win the game easily. Sure he thinks Baylor is in California, but he assured me.

Sec never loses, they just run out of motivation. No wonder aggy fits in so well.