"Secret" fast food menu items

Butch Had Not

4 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I've found most Tex-Mex places make great burgers, but shitty fries 

There was a hole in the wall tex-mex place in downtown Wylie that I would stop in for lunch at once a week.  Probably one of the top burgers I ever had.  About 75% of the customers would be eating burgers there at lunch time.

On 2/15/2019 at 4:22 PM, utee94 said:

The point-- the gimmick-- was the separate sides in the styrofoam container.  So the hot side didn't wilt the lettuce or warm up the tomato until you put the two halves together.  I don't recall it being a particularly successful fast food item.

And I remember that commercial but had no idea it was Jason Alexander, who was obviously not well-known at the time.  Cool find.

WTF? If its fast food I don't want to be bothered with having to put the two halves together. Stupid idea was doomed to failure.

Not so much a secret item, but it’s not like they advertise it, you can get the Mac sauce on any burger at McDonald’s including the McDouble value item. Usually for no charge, makes it better and you can avoid the  Big Mac that is all bread these days. 

Back in the day maudies had a really good hamburger (slaughter location) and the fries were similar to Hyde park fries. I used to get a lot of gift cards to there from a customer and didn’t always want the cheese enchiladas.

6 hours ago, BNB said:

Taco Bell has free delivery on Grub Hub right now.  

I haven't ordered in a long time.  Warm up your skillet and sear both sides of the burrito and it is excellent!

Can I ask what the going price would be for a $2.00 burrito delivered to your home?

On 2/21/2019 at 8:18 PM, BurntEyes said:

Enchiritos talk not going away... And it shouldn't because I love/d those fucking things.

Jack in the Box Taco = reminded of something that only happened to me once. 2 am, JitB on Guad at 24th... Drive thru. 

Im sure I ordered $10-15 dollars worth of 2 for $1 tacos... I eventually got them.. After being woke up by someone knocking on my window. Thankfully, it was just another stoned/drunk idiot like myself not police.

and I probably also ordered a Chicken Teriyaki Bowl... Those too were glorious 

I think I was behind you in the drive-thru that night

• 2 weeks later...
Enchiritos talk not going away... And it shouldn't because I love/d those fucking things.
Jack in the Box Taco = reminded of something that only happened to me once. 2 am, JitB on Guad at 24th... Drive thru. 
Im sure I ordered $10-15 dollars worth of 2 for $1 tacos... I eventually got them.. After being woke up by someone knocking on my window. Thankfully, it was just another stoned/drunk idiot like myself not police.
and I probably also ordered a Chicken Teriyaki Bowl... Those too were glorious 
Lulz, back in the day that JITB (RIP) had so many customers that the inside line would back up real bad so their genius management decided to make it self serve. They put in a counter with premade tacos and jumbo jacks and fries and shit. Adverted it while they built the fancy self serv counter. "New faster JITB! Self serve! Pick up your meal and pay! Fast! Fast! Fast!" They were gonna save a ton on labor costs cause only needed one cashier.

Well it opened and customers stole them blind. Grab a handful of tacos or jumbo jacks and push past a paying customer who had the cashier kept busy. Hey you gotta pay! Nope. Walked right out the door.

Two weeks later they ripped out the self serve counter and back to multiple counter folks.

Had the police elected to do so, they could have had a spotter there, at Taco Bell and Burger King. Pull over every person that went through those drive through past midnight and there would have been a 99% dui/drug bust arrest rate.
Fuck Burger King. Bastards had The Orange Bull torn down to put up their shitty whopper shithole.
In n Out right?? Maybe that's a block up.
in n out is where the Burger King was. 
Fuck in n out. Fuck em in their shitty animal shitburger. BASTARDS.
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
I am a man of my word....behold the enchirito.

ebc0fc1403fc00a2bfea564f4f608f17.jpg

Well, I am very glad that I documented this occasion as I am sad to report the enchirito is no more. I went to Taco Bell for the first time since this post tonight and was told that Taco Bell no longer makes them and they quit about a month ago. I might have to start a social media campaign to bring them back. There really isn’t any other reason to go to Taco Bell if they don’t have the enchirito.

18 hours ago, Hate said:

Well, I am very glad that I documented this occasion as I am sad to report the enchirito is no more. I went to Taco Bell for the first time since this post tonight and was told that Taco Bell no longer makes them and they quit about a month ago. I might have to start a social media campaign to bring them back. There really isn’t any other reason to go to Taco Bell if they don’t have the enchirito.

Yeah, this happened to me as well recently. Taco Bell is dead to me.

19 hours ago, Hate said:

Well, I am very glad that I documented this occasion as I am sad to report the enchirito is no more. I went to Taco Bell for the first time since this post tonight and was told that Taco Bell no longer makes them and they quit about a month ago. I might have to start a social media campaign to bring them back. There really isn’t any other reason to go to Taco Bell if they don’t have the 

Do you have a Taco Casa close by?  The Chilada will solve your problems.