impeachment inquiry hearings thread

henrygandorf

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

i know this is all part of your bit, or whatever, but i bet this ends up being a positive for biden.  people who are considering biden already hate trump.  seeing trump abuse power to go after him would probably fire up this group (just like some think impeachment will fire up trump's base, which is something i disagree with).

Agreed. The more Hunter Biden is in the news, especially for his expertise in Ukrainian natural gas and the large payments he received for said expertise, the better. Maybe even get into the whole shitbag drug addict banging his dead brother's widow angle to really give Joe a bump in the polls. Joe should probably make Hunter his campaign manager. 

3 hours ago, GW Hayduke said:

If we want to further civil rights, we should get Trump to win in 2020.  ?

If we want to further civil rights and social reform, states should succeed.  ?

If civil rights and social reform are the goal,  suggest you push removing the GOP from the White House and senate as straightforward ends without introducing successionism/Russian talking points

No one is going to impeach this close to a national election.  So

If you want the glory of an impeachment of Trump, you have to vote to reelect Trump.

5 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Agreed. The more Hunter Biden is in the news, especially for his expertise in Ukrainian natural gas and the large payments he received for said expertise, the better. Maybe even get into the whole shitbag drug addict banging his dead brother's widow angle to really give Joe a bump in the polls. Joe should probably make Hunter his campaign manager. 

did the phrase "part of your bit" activate your pager?

9 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Which allegations?  I would be shocked if Hunter did not obtain the job at Burisma without the help of his dad.  

Dude, you brought it up...them being drug through the mud and disgraced and whatnot. And whether he got the job without help from his dad isn't even a thing to be drug through the mud for. Happens for rich/powerful folks every day. But in brief, I was referring to the claim that Biden went rogue against some prosecutor that was investigating his son's company. Considering delegates from a bunch of countries - including all of our primary allies - were also going after the dude, the facts don't support the claim that Biden was abusing his power for a personal vendetta. 

13 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

Which allegations?  I would be shocked if Hunter did not obtain the job at Burisma without the help of his dad.  

Yeah the guy who went to Yale Law can't get a job on his own. At least include Trump Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Tiffany, and Trump himself in these conversations. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

Yeah the guy who went to Yale Law can't get a job on his own. At least include Trump Jr., Eric, Ivanka, Tiffany, and Trump himself in these conversations. 

no, then it would be a debate and not one-sided verbal masturbation

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

It was nonsense to impeach Clinton in 1998 and it's nonsense to impeach Trump today. This is nothing more than an attempt to drum up support for both parties. Just look at how they're behaving. Democrats are doing their best to act serious and Republicans are popping champagne treating it like a 2020 landslide. 

• Fuck You 4

27 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

When they asked Hunter if he wanted to be campaign manager he couldn't hear them because he was doing donuts in the parking lot.  Later that day he got reprimanded at work for making paper footballs out of quarterly reports.  It was all fine though, because everyone got a good laugh when pissed in the printer tray and pretended to play hockey with a urinal cake. 

2 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

It was nonsense to impeach Clinton in 1998 and it's nonsense to impeach Trump today. This is nothing more than an attempt to drum up support for both parties. Just look at how they're behaving. Democrats are doing their best to act serious and Republicans are popping champagne treating it like a 2020 landslide. 

What are good reasons for impeachment? The general process is political to begin with, but Trump committed a crime. And its not the first one either, he will likely be indicted when he leaves office as Individual #1 just for the Cohen dealings alone. At some point we have to get back to have three branches of Government.

6 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Or, you know, you probably shouldn't lie to Congress under oath, obstruct justice, or request a foreign country investigate your political opponent to help with your reelection bid.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

So the President should be able to just break the law with no consequences?

If he broke the law then convict. For all intents and purposes, Bill Clinton didn't break the law in 1998. You don't think the same outcome will happen if the House moves forward with it? Good luck finding 67 Senators willing to sign off on this.

• Fuck You 2

13 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

If he broke the law then convict. For all intents and purposes, Bill Clinton didn't break the law in 1998. You don't think the same outcome will happen if the House moves forward with it? Good luck finding 67 Senators willing to sign off on this.

if you were a cop or a da, and you had all the evidence of a crime, you would arrest the suspect, even if you knew the judge hearing the case was corrupt as hell.

if you stop making arrests, the whole system kinda falls apart, no?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Clinton did break the law. He perjured himself. In hindsight, compared to this shitshow, it almost seems quaint. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

It is almost like you have no idea what impeachment even is. How in the fuck does one convict the President of something if no investigation or prosecution occurs and the jury is never given the opportunity to vote? Fucking idiot. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

Is that the same guy who was kicked out of the Navy because he couldn't quit sniffing coke?  lol

Maybe the best line in maybe the best article about a politician's child: 

On the drive back to Washington, Hunter—moved by the outpouring of support for him and his family at the funeral—told Kathleen that he was thinking about running for public office. She pointed out that he had only recently been discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine. They rode the rest of the way home in silence. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Maybe the best line in maybe the best article about a politician's child: 

On the drive back to Washington, Hunter—moved by the outpouring of support for him and his family at the funeral—told Kathleen that he was thinking about running for public office. She pointed out that he had only recently been discharged from the Navy after testing positive for cocaine. They rode the rest of the way home in silence. 

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/08/will-hunter-biden-jeopardize-his-fathers-campaign

Lot of material to work with:

On December 9, 2016, Kathleen filed for divorce, and on February 23, 2017, she filed a motion in D.C. Superior Court seeking to freeze Hunter’s assets, alleging that he “created financial concerns for the family by spending extravagantly on his own interests (including drugs, alcohol, prostitutes, strip clubs, and gifts for women with whom he has sexual relations), while leaving the family with no funds to pay legitimate bills.” The motion was leaked to the New York Post, along with the revelation that Hunter and Hallie were dating.

Kathleen told friends that she felt ostracized by the Biden family. Hunter denied hiring prostitutes, and said that he hadn’t been to a strip club in years. But, he said, the evening the story was published, “I went directly to a strip club. I said, ‘Fuck them.’ ”

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

So I guess you draw the line at him shooting someone on 5th Avenue?  Or no?

3 hours ago, HRSchenker said:

The only reason he's not already in jail for felony campaign finance violations is that he's President. Google "Michael Cohen Individual 1."

• Like 1

Considering how many Wile E. Coyotes there are in this thread I guess you could call this a cartoon thread.  I mean are there really actual people that exist that have not figured out that every time Schiff does something like this he is talking out of his ass? Practically every member of the media and half the professional bureaucrats in Washington D.C. would stab themselves in the genitals with fork if it meant getting Trump out of office.   If there was any there there with any of these faux scandals it would be out in the open by now. 

All the Democrats are trying to do with these tactics is convince people Trump is doing something wrong by screaming the same nothingburgers at the top of their lungs over and over.   They are simply using the Goebbels tactic of screaming the same lies at the top of their lungs over and over and over in the hopes that if they do it long enough people will believe them.  Why do you think Pelosi has been so hesitant about moving on with impeachment?  She is actually smart enough to know this is only going to backfire on them when people start realizing they have been going apeshit over nothing.  Can I give you people some advice?  Whenever one of these stories materializes you should completely ignore them until an actual name is put with the source of the story.   Anything that is attributed to "an anonymous source"  or  "a source in the administration" is only being put out there to manipulate you.  Also anything being put out that does not have a very detailed, specific crime as the meat of the story is being put out to manipulate you.  If they are using phrasing like "Constitutional crisis" , "election meddling", or "abusing power"  they have nothing.  If they did they would be more specific in describing just exactly what the Constitutional crisis is.  They would be giving specific details into exactly what was done to influence the election.  One more piece of advice, they not only means the media.  They also means Democrat politicians, particularly Nadler and Schiff.

The only thing this call for impeachment has done is raise one million dollars in political donations to the GOP in six hours today.

4 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Considering how many Wile E. Coyotes there are in this thread I guess you could call this a cartoon thread.  I mean are there really actual people that exist that have not figured out that every time Schiff does something like this he is talking out of his ass? Practically every member of the media and half the professional bureaucrats in Washington D.C. would stab themselves in the genitals with fork if it meant getting Trump out of office.   If there was any there there with any of these faux scandals it would be out in the open by now. 

All the Democrats are trying to do with these tactics is convince people Trump is doing something wrong by screaming the same nothingburgers at the top of their lungs over and over.   They are simply using the Goebbels tactic of screaming the same lies at the top of their lungs over and over and over in the hopes that if they do it long enough people will believe them.  Why do you think Pelosi has been so hesitant about moving on with impeachment?  She is actually smart enough to know this is only going to backfire on them when people start realizing they have been going apeshit over nothing.  Can I give you people some advice?  Whenever one of these stories materializes you should completely ignore them until an actual name is put with the source of the story.   Anything that is attributed to "an anonymous source"  or  "a source in the administration" is only being put out there to manipulate you.  Also anything being put out that does not have a very detailed, specific crime as the meat of the story is being put out to manipulate you.  If they are using phrasing like "Constitutional crisis" , "election meddling", or "abusing power"  they have nothing.  If they did they would be more specific in describing just exactly what the Constitutional crisis is.  They would be giving specific details into exactly what was done to influence the election.  One more piece of advice, they not only means the media.  They also means Democrat politicians, particularly Nadler and Schiff.

The only thing this call for impeachment has done is raise one million dollars in political donations to the GOP in six hours today.

Ok. Based on this ludicrous post we know for a fact that trump is in serious, serious jeopardy. Thanks for the tip EMA. Its appreciated.

• Like 1

Con artists rely on stupid people to believe stupid things. 

Anyone who thinks that quid pro quo discussions are direct literal statements is a stupid person. 

If I am negotiating a contract for my company, and in the course of the final negotiations I casually mention that I am having trouble making my house payments, my coworkers are going to politely leave the room, and will immediately report me to leadership and legal, and I am getting walked out the door. 

"I didn't ask them to hand me money!" is not a defense. 

What Trump did, amazingly, is even less subtle than that scenario. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

spacer.png

• Like 1