Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

450 pages of shit posting 21 pages of actual recruiting. I can’t wait for next weeks shit topic.  Maybe academics again. Or another VY destination chat 

Did you read futureman’s post directly above your’s?  I don’t think you did.  You should take that friendly advice.

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Usually it’s when some little bitch with a low post count tattles about thread integrity, despite never contributing any content to the thread at all. That’s when blacklab shows up and hands out red cards. I’m sorry for the “beating” you’ve had to endure and the big bleeding axe wound between your legs. 

I won't say who, but it was someone with a really high post count - thread needs to get back on track the last 3 pages have been a complete cluster fuck.

• Like 4

Suchomel is backpedaling on Broughton.

"If you’ve been paying attention to my reporting over the past few weeks, I’ve stated that I feel Texas is a bit behind A&M and to a lesser degree, Ohio State. I have very good reason to believe that, and it was stated to me again on Wednesday, yet I can’t quite shake the feeling that UT (his longtime leader) is going to surge down the stretch and win this race. Broughton is making a commitment video, which could be released as early as next week, so the time is running out on this one. Most of the signs I’ve picked up point to Texas A&M but there’s enough Texas buzz that I’m not ruling the Longhorns out at all. Tough one to call, and I just don’t have a great read on it yet. That should change soon."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

450 pages of shit posting 21 pages of actual recruiting. I can’t wait for next weeks shit topic.  Maybe academics again. Or another VY destination chat 

we aren't getting to 1000 only talking about our shitty DL and RB recruiting ya know.

5 hours ago, ShowmeyourTDs said:

Doesn’t need a spoiler, but here is some of Jennifer from the early 90’s.  spacer.pngspacer.png

Holy shit, I barely know her at all except from a Beautiful Mind and Requiem for a Dream and Alita.  Nice.  

I keep seeing RB and DL recruiting meltdown material.  But let me remind you, that besides B-backer Dorbah. we dont have shit going on at LB. we have some warm bodies at DL. might not be top flight. but they have a pulse and potential. 

we might not get the 5* we want, but we have RB2 options and some breathing room for late bloomers and stealing that TCU back.

But other than pie in the sky crap on Flowe, what do we have? anybody? 

1 minute ago, NorLa Horns said:

I keep seeing RB and DL recruiting meltdown material.  But let me remind you, that besides B-backer Dorbah. we dont have shit going on at LB. we have some warm bodies at DL. might not be top flight. but they have a pulse and potential. 

we might not get the 5* we want, but we have RB2 options and some breathing room for late bloomers and stealing that TCU back.

CTJ has spin down potential. Other than that, it’s stealing TCU commits, late bloomers, or circle back on someone like Flagg. So basically, same as DL and RB.

3 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

People are mad about LB recruiting too. It's just that no one wants to fire Orlando, since he's actually good at his job as a coach. Dude needs another coach on his side of the field for sure.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Backpedaling towards? Aggy commit or Texas commit? 

Texas commitment. According to him, Texas was behind aggy and Ohio State just a week ago. Which is why I know whatever he was claiming as info was bullshit. Broughton was never going to Ohio fucking State.

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

We have errrbody.  Or nerrbody 

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

People are mad about LB recruiting too. It's just that no one wants to fire Orlando, since he's actually good at his job as a coach. Dude needs another coach on his side of the field for sure.

He’s not great or good by any means as a recruiter but he did sign DGF last cycle.  Just unfortunate he has the spinal condition.  That combined with Texas not producing any decent LBs makes LB recruiting look like a shit show.  We’ve probably recruited better at LB than aggy and ou too.  It’s been an issue at multiple schools in my opinion in this region,

6 minutes ago, victory88 said:

He’s not great or good by any means as a recruiter but he did sign DGF last cycle.  Just unfortunate he has the spinal condition.  That combined with Texas not producing any decent LBs makes LB recruiting look like a shit show.  We’ve probably recruited better at LB than aggy and ou too.  It’s been an issue at multiple schools in my opinion in this region,

White is going to start for OU this year. He’s a Big 12 LB. Orlando decided to pass on him early because he was too short. By that, I mean he was like an inch shorter than what they wanted. He was all Texas, then Orlando slow-played him, and then we waited for months before trying to recover, after realizing the stupidity of the first action. They went and did the exact same thing this year with the guy currently committed to LSU from Cypress. 

Sorry, but Orlando fucking sucks as a recruiter. I’ll be pretty happy when he takes a job somewhere else because I think Herman has zero mental biases with defensive staff talent and will make an excellent replacement hire. Does that mean  I think he can’t coach or that I want him gone? No, but I do expect some of the pure dumbfucks from this board to claim it on other threads. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

White is going to start for OU this year. He’s a Big 12 LB. Orlando decided to pass on him early because he was too short. By that, I mean he was like an inch shorter than what they wanted. He was all Texas, then Orlando slow-played him, and then we waited for months before trying to recover, after realizing the stupidity of the first action. They went and did the exact same thing this year with the guy currently committed to LSU from Cypress. 

Sorry, but Orlando fucking sucks as a recruiter. I’ll be pretty happy when he takes a job somewhere else because I think Herman has zero mental biases with defensive staff talent and will make an excellent replacement hire. Does that mean  I think he can’t coach or that I want him gone? No, but I do expect some of the pure dumbfucks from this board to claim it on other threads. 

giphy.gif