Texas Recruiting Notes 2020

Reese Bennett

Rumors I read ranged from:

• jackassery getting sent home from state title game over a cel phone
  • said jackassery being worse than reported (punching a corch?)
  • signing with Jawja while still soliciting payments from other $EC suitors LSU and aggy and telling them he was still available

On 3/25/2018 at 5:02 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Ken Seals was QB MVP at the Dallas Rivals camp.

On 3/25/2018 at 5:31 PM, Get ln My Van said:

Zachary Evans c’mon downnn

On 3/25/2018 at 8:55 PM, Neonmoon said:

Evans is the main target. If we get him, everything else would be gravy

On 3/25/2018 at 11:12 PM, texifornia said:

Evans is top of our board at RB and it's not particularly close. Obviously would love both but not sure McClellan would be cool not being the alpha dog.

On 3/31/2018 at 10:18 AM, Machinator said:

On 3/31/2018 at 2:20 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

Per TFLoss, QB Bryce Young was "blown away" on his visit yesterday and decided to stay the night to visit again.  Lets see if an offer goes out.

Interesting stuff from the very first page of this thread.

• Like 2

On 4/6/2018 at 5:51 PM, Hornius Emeritus said:

Evans and Demas are on another level of explosiveness. If we lose either one I'm going to kick my girlfriend's dog, Bojo. 

– Spoke with top 2020 running back, Zachary Evans (Houston, TX). Evans is just coming off of his first unofficial visit to Oklahoma and Oklahoma State.

I spoke with him about those visits and where things stand with Texas. Evans says the OU trip went a long way in helping him bond with the OU staff. However, about Texas he said, “With Texas, I’ve never bonded with coaches like I did at Texas”.

Evans also grew up a Texas fan.

In the course of the conversation he noted that he plans to take a return visit to Texas this upcoming weekend.

– (Super K)

On 4/7/2018 at 10:24 AM, Yesh said:

That kid should wait until summer and them commit and be a leader for the 20 class.

On 3/31/2018 at 4:11 PM, Machinator said:

page 2

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

• signing with Jawja while still soliciting payments from other $EC suitors LSU and aggy and telling them he was still available

Maybe punched another coach? Isn't that what his problem was at the beginning of the season -- or am I mixing up my HS football star/miscreants?

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

Uh...all of the above!

• Like 1

Just spoke to a co-worker who’s family to a member of North Shore’s coaching staff. He said Evans wouldn’t give up his phone so they called his Mom. At that point, he told her to STFU and that he was paying for her phone (nice kid). Also said that the going rate for a visit in SEC was $10K. Also said his 2 older brothers had been through that process and were driving the gravy train.

Not sure about Georgia’s decision but just throwing that out there.

17 minutes ago, Scholz said:

Just spoke to a co-worker who’s family to a member of North Shore’s coaching staff. He said Evans wouldn’t give up his phone so they called his Mom. At that point, he told her to STFU and that he was paying for her phone (nice kid). Also said that the going rate for a visit in SEC was $10K. Also said his 2 older brothers had been through that process and were driving the gravy train.

Not sure about Georgia’s decision but just throwing that out there.

i thought he cut the one that tweets and liked Texas out of the loop?

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean hopefully we didn’t make assurances to Bijan that Drayton was staying. Seems to be majority of the reason he’s coming, would be kinda fucked up.

It's not.

Herman did a lot of that recruiting personally, and he has a very strong relationship with KWash and Carrington.

8 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I mean hopefully we didn’t make assurances to Bijan that Drayton was staying. Seems to be majority of the reason he’s coming, would be kinda fucked up.

Reassuring he won’t be fired, and him getting an NFL opportunity that he didn’t know about when Bijan signed are two completely different things. 

• Like 7

That used to be the case. Now that we have the Portal, the risk is always there.

Drayton won't be at any school he could portal to, either.

Portaling just bc he's leaving makes sense if you think you were deliberately mislead and just want to get the hell out. Your coach getting offered an NFL gig well after you signed on isn't that.

Also, towards the end of his recruitment, Bijan said he was coming to Texas unless Herman got fired. He said nothing want Drayton. So there's that.
  • Like 1

Rakestraw was named Defensive Player of the Year by the Dallas Morning News yesterday. According to his Twitter, he has four visits left and is planning OV’s to Mizzou and Georgia. And the Detroit News says that he’s going to visit Michigan State the last weekend of January. I think I read that his only OV so far was to Colorado State earlier in the season when he didn’t have any P5 offers. 

Favorite restaurant: Golden Chick