Another day, another mass shooting

elfenix

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

Apparently shooter was hearing impaired and recently got hearing aids. 

There was some kind of deaf bowling team at the bowling alley during attack, probably coincidental. 

Authorities now saying that the shooter was not a certified firearm instructor and never served in that capacity in the national guard. 

I didn't know they had a tik tok for the deaf.  

21 minutes ago, B00M said:

When cops kill innocent people, we blame the cops. When psychopaths kill people, we blame the gun (unless they use a van or whatever, then it’s terrorism or racism or whatever)

Incorrect. 

I blame the gun in both instances. I just want both to be charged with murder 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

We seem to know about as much as the cops, so there's that.  

Yep. I shook down all my online sources. People are clueless. Heard some rumors that he left a suicide note/was found at his house but that’s about it. LE is as clueless (it appears) as this lady:

• Haha 2

On 10/26/2023 at 12:24 AM, Nicole44 said:

I escaped from the CR with just a “please leave Nicole” whew. It’s not that bad of a place. I just get told to leave and I do. They don’t need an option of mine. Hope they see some sunlight soon.

I wonder if the people at the bowling alley or restaurant were people he knew and wanted to get him some help. Just a thought.

Sorry I realize I am also equally unwelcome on the DT. 

To be fair, someone asked you to not ‘Nicole up this thread’ and deleted it just a few minutes later, stating he removed it because he didn’t want to sound mean.  No one said ‘please leave’, especially related to your ‘option’.  

And while I’m glad Covri deleted it, he does have a bit of a point…just look at the Rainey thread, wherein you have a tendency to spam links / armchair gumshoe detective musings / longcats.  Also often followed around by a few thirsty bastards, NTTAWWT.  

Personally I don’t care but don’t portray it as some kind of ‘they can’t handle me in the CR’ 

• Hook 'Em 7

So LE is now searching (or again) the boat launch where his car was found. Clearly, they don’t think he’s left the area. Keep circling back. 
I read he bought a ski jet and a motorbike. It’s possible he drove to the launch. Jumped on the ski jet and rode that a ways to his bike he stashed. Could then jump on the highway. Or ride out to any number of camps—there are a buttload of cabins/camps in Maine where he could hole up.   I know they said they found a “suicide” note but a lot of speculation about him wanting to finish one last thing—kill his ex. 

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

I read he bought a ski jet and a motorbike. It’s possible he drove to the launch. Jumped on the ski jet and rode that a ways to his bike he stashed. Could then jump on the highway.

This is exactly what I do when I play Grand Theft Auto: V. It's a great strategy. Now he just needs to call Lester and get his wanted level removed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Sandman said:

This is exactly what I do when I play Grand Theft Auto: V. It's a great strategy. Now he just needs to call Lester and get his wanted level removed. 

I was always getting arrested on Grand Theft Auto until I realized I could go out in a blaze of glory. It’s more fun. 😃

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I was always getting arrested on Grand Theft Auto until I realized I could go out in a blaze of glory. It’s more fun. 😃

Get in the tank and start shooting and running over everyone, everything, including shooting the police choppers from the sky, quickly gets your 5 stars. Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

Are our thoughts supposed to retroactively/miraculously make the Lewiston shooting not occur in the first place, do they instead just alleviate the current suffering, or do they go out and prevent the next one from happening?  Asking for a friend.  Who is mildly retarded.  With a beard.  

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

So LE is now searching (or again) the boat launch where his car was found. Clearly, they don’t think he’s left the area. Keep circling back. 
I read he bought a ski jet and a motorbike. It’s possible he drove to the launch. Jumped on the ski jet and rode that a ways to his bike he stashed. Could then jump on the highway. Or ride out to any number of camps—there are a buttload of cabins/camps in Maine where he could hole up.   I know they said they found a “suicide” note but a lot of speculation about him wanting to finish one last thing—kill his ex. 

If he traveled anywhere by water he’d have been easily found. 

He’s not some special-ops trained badass or a mastermind. If he was he wouldn’t have blabbered enough threats to get himself committed to a mental hospital for 2 weeks. Apparently he wasn’t even a firearm instructor. He basically drove gas trucks around on the weekends for the military. He’s probably dead in the river or forest somewhere. 

On 10/26/2023 at 7:30 PM, B00M said:

this is example #794268534 that the police cannot, will not, don’t care to protect you. Rifles of all kinds kill something like 500 Americans total per year. Banning semi auto rifles fixes essentially nothing. When cops kill innocent people, we blame the cops. When psychopaths kill people, we blame the gun (unless they use a van or whatever, then it’s terrorism or racism or whatever)

Here we go yall, and the cycle continues.....

• Rage+1 1

Maine Department of Public Safety Commissioner Mike Sauschuck said Robert Card's body was found deceased in a tractor-trailer in an overflow parking lot at the Maine Recycling Corporation. 

"That particular location was cleared twice previously," Sauschuck said. 

Sauschuck said the owner circled back with authorities to make sure the trailers in the overflow area were cleared.

"The Maine State Police tactical team ultimately were the ones that located the body within one of those trailers," Sauschuck said. "He was found inside one of those box [trailers] that was unlocked from the outside."
————

https://www.wmtw.com/article/live-updates-lewiston-maine-mass-shooting-robert-card-october-28/45671557

Also the article mentions the “suicide note:”

A note found in the residence of the gunman is described as a paper note with information about various things such as phone passcodes and bank account numbers. 

"I wouldn't describe it as a explicit suicide note, but the tone and tenor was that the individual was not going to be around and wanted to make sure that this loved one had access to his phone and whatever was in his phone," Maine Department of Public Safety Commissioner Mike Sauschuck, said. "We're working... to get into the phone. That's one of those search warrants."

Police cleared the recycling plant itself twice, but the owner called them back and basically said ”did you check the auxiliary parking lot”, which the cops were unaware of. Body was found in an unlocked trailer there. Ended up being less than half a mile from where his car was found parked 2 days prior. The chief in the press conference literally called it “heroic police work”.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

58 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

So this area and the law enforcement who protect it, it's like the Uvalde of Maine then?  

Not even close to as bad. These guys didn't know where the guy was.

Uvalde cops knew where he was, knew he was alive, knew kids were alive and asking for help and still sat back and did nothing.

Uvalde cops are a couple of orders of magnitude worse than the Maine cops.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Rage+1 4

Good points.  Given our current timeline, a Maine cop will take his own life outta guilt/shame before a Uvalde one does.  Even though, as you point out, the Maine guys at least had a bit of a challenge to deal with in ascertaining his whereabouts.  Apparently the classroom diagram in every cop in Uvalde's tac vest was just too difficult to read. 

Looks like we may have dodged a massive bullet this weekend. Nothing in the story re: cause of death. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/colorado/news/colorado-man-wearing-tactical-gear-dies-glenwood-caverns-adventure-park/

A man died at the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park over the weekend after he illegally entered the park after hours when no employees or people were present. The man has been identified as a 22-year-old from the Carbondale area. How he died has not been released. 

According to the Garfield County Sheriff's Office, the man was dressed in black-colored tactical clothing, with patches and emblems that gave the appearance of being associated with law enforcement. The suspect was heavily armed with a semi-automatic rifle and semi-automatic handgun and multiple, loaded magazines for both weapons. 

He was wearing body armor and what appeared to be a ballistic helmet, according to investigators. Multiple improvised explosive devices, or IEDs, were discovered with the suspect and a vehicle associated with him. The Grand Junction Bomb Squad responded to the scene and they rendered the devices safe. 

The Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park was swept by members of the bomb squad as well as operators from the Garfield County All Hazard Response Team to ensure no other IEDs were planted around the park or rides. Investigators said that no one in the public was at risk and that his actions were limited to the property of Glenwood Caverns. 

• Rage+1 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:47 AM, Helobious said:

Police cleared the recycling plant itself twice, but the owner called them back and basically said ”did you check the auxiliary parking lot”, which the cops were unaware of. Body was found in an unlocked trailer there. Ended up being less than half a mile from where his car was found parked 2 days prior. The chief in the press conference literally called it “heroic police work”.

chief wiggum episode 13 GIF

• Haha 1

In a twist the good guy with a gun was the bad guy with a gun.

Garfield County law enforcement officials on Monday described an averted disaster after the body of a 20-year-old man was found alongside guns, ammunition and bombs in a bathroom at the Glenwood Caverns Adventure Park over the weekend.

Maintenance crews discovered the man’s body in a women’s bathroom Saturday morning while getting ready to open the park, Garfield County Sheriff Lou Vallario said during a virtual news conference.

The Garfield County Coroner’s Office on Monday identified the man as Diego Barajas Medina, of Carbondale, and confirmed his manner of death was suicide, caused by a single gunshot wound to the head.

https://www.denverpost.com/2023/10/30/death-investigation-glenwood-caverns-adventure-park-closed/

• Hook 'Em 1

re: the Maine shooter - turns out the entire community knew he was a ticking time bomb, and he ended up flipping his shit over delusions of what those businesses were saying about him online

https://apnews.com/article/maine-mass-shooting-4547c3cade59d48f20826a6412db140c

Three hours after the shooting began, state police interviewed a woman who said Card believed the Just-In-Time Recreation bowling alley, Schemengees Bar and Grille and several other businesses were “broadcasting online that Robert was a pedophile.”

The woman said Card had been delusional since February after a break-up, had been hospitalized for mental illness and prescribed medication that he stopped taking, according to a police affidavit filed in support of an arrest warrant request.

Police also spoke to Robert’s brother, who said Card had been in relationship with someone he met at a cornhole competition at the bar. Another man said the same thing to a different officer, according to an affidavit filed in a request to access Card’s cell phone records.

That man told police he had been to both the bowling alley and bar with Card, and that Card knew people at both locations. He said Card’s girlfriend had two daughters that he would take out to eat at Schemengees, “and that is where the pedophile thing in Robert’s head came from as Robert was there with (his girfriend’s) two daughters on occasions and felt that people were looking at him.”

The man said Card also mentioned bar manager Joey Walker was one of the people who Card thought had disparaged him. Walker was among those killed.

Card’s son also told police that paranoia about strangers calling him a pedophile had become a recurring theme for his father since last winter.

He also accused fellow members of his Army reserve unit of calling him a pedophile in an incident in July that prompted Army officials to have him undergo a mental health evaluation. He then spent two weeks at a private psychiatric hospital in New York.

really is sad - something in his brain just snapped and he got fixated on pedophiles. Everyone and every business he targeted he had delusions of grievances against them.

• Rage+1 3

Kinda disappointed in the lack of lectures from our resident ballistics experts on here about what caliber Card used to take his own life.  

Say what you want about Boebert, this very morning she was still telling journalists that people who think AR stands for Assault Rifle (as in AR-15) shouldn't be weighing in on gun conversations.  She's at least sticking to her guns.  And I'd like to stick my gun to her, wait.  Dammit.  I had something for this.  Rest y'all be slippin'...

16 minutes ago, Captainant said:

really is sad - something in his brain just snapped and he got fixated on pedophiles.

Gosh.  If only we could figure out whether there was a particular movement in this country repeatedly broadcasting and fomenting a deranged and unsupported obsession with pedophiles.  I guess we'll never know how that idea popped into his head.  One in a million chance I guess.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

Apparently the Lewiston, Maine drag show/groomer scene is much more robust than we thought.  Better get some good guys with guns up there toot sweet.  Oh wait, there's a coupon for Golden Corral after the book burning.  Let's do that instead.  

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Gosh.  If only we could figure out whether there was a particular movement in this country repeatedly broadcasting and fomenting a deranged and unsupported obsession with pedophiles.  I guess we'll never know how that idea popped into his head.  One in a million chance I guess.

his social media posts were exactly what you would expect, unfortunately.