Wives and the Stupid Shit They Say/Do

Spur08

This morning at 4am I get up to pee.  I notice she's playing on her ipad.  When I come back to bed, she says, "Sorry if I woke you up."

Me: you didn't.

Her: My allergies were bad, so I had to go blow my nose, then I had to go to the bathroom, I think I ate something bad, probably at lunch yesterday with

Me: well now you're just keeping me up.

Her: *tone*

Me: *sleep*

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/17/2018 at 1:55 PM, NWBuck said:

I've also found success from the Shaggy/Surly recommendation to ask womenfolk in my life to "say the last part first"

first time I told the gf that, she didn't skip a beat and told the last part first. now, when she's telling me something and sees the look on my face, she says, "okay, last part first...."

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

In my experience, graffiti artists usually don’t take 2 days on a single work. 

But then again, they aren’t charging probably a grand. 

First day he just taped up everything, covered the floors etc. He knocked out the actual painting in about 8-9 hours on Saturday. But yeah... cost a grand. I actually dig it and the kids think it's cool so I'm good with it all. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Player said:

What else can you tell us about this art, Mitch?

Is it supposed to depict your dog puking? Are those drain pipes in the background?

I think it's open to interpretation but I would go with her barking. The background is just some sort of random urban scape. The Australian shepherd in her natural habitat I suppose. I love that damn dog. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I think it's open to interpretation but I would go with her barking. The background is just some sort of random urban scape. The Australian shepherd in her natural habitat I suppose. I love that damn dog. 

I guess I'm not seeing the Sydney Opera House. Maybe if I squint?

1 hour ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

First day he just taped up everything, covered the floors etc. He knocked out the actual painting in about 8-9 hours on Saturday. But yeah... cost a grand. I actually dig it and the kids think it's cool so I'm good with it all. 

Did you ask him if he's ever 'painted' a giant crab?

• Like 2

Don’t know if those goes here or trivial things that annoy me thread.

Helping my wife wrap presents. We’re using some amazon boxes to wrap the gifts in. We’re using clear packing tape to close the boxes. We don’t have a tape holder. Every time I use the tape, I fold the end over so it’s easy to find the edge when you need to use it again. The wife lets the tape stick back on the roll after she tapes a box shut so I spend about 5 mins trying to find the edge and get it started again. This has happened about 3 or 4 times today.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

Don’t know if those goes here or trivial things that annoy me thread.

Helping my wife wrap presents. We’re using some amazon boxes to wrap the gifts in. We’re using clear packing tape to close the boxes. We don’t have a tape holder. Every time I use the tape, I fold the end over so it’s easy to find the edge when you need to use it again. The wife lets the tape stick back on the roll after she tapes a box shut so I spend about 5 mins trying to find the edge and get it started again. This has happened about 3 or 4 times today.

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTS18K0ahWMKScOGgZdj

What, were you raised by wolves?

14 hours ago, crimsonlonghorn said:

Went to the sink just now to rinse out a bowl. Saw there was a lemon in the drain that hadn't gone down all the way. I guess Mrs CL was trying to air out the disposal. 

No problem. I'll turn it on and run it for a few seconds.

IMG_2220.JPG

Damn thing wouldn't even turn. Just buzzed. 

Didn't take long to figure out why.

IMG_2221.JPG

No. Fucking. Way. 

I just read 15 pages of this thread and I'm still in disbelief.

• Like 1