Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan

Parliament

5 hours ago, Juicy said:

I know there are changes year to year, but as of right now, Michigan has #s 2, 3, 7, & 8 on the schedule for next year. I guess it is a good think they are going to a 12 team playoff. Don't think they are going to three peat the undefeated regular season again next year. 

Depends on how your new coach will fare, since Jimmay surely has the league in his sight. Won't be top jobs open, obviously, but will be some decent places for him to go.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/8/2023 at 1:27 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

If you're Harbough you're not signing an extension with Michigan period. Some decent jobs with some talented teams will be opening up. 

Maybe this year your wish will come true. Unlikely, but you can keep hoping.

On 12/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, thunderlounge said:

Depends on how your new coach will fare, since Jimmay surely has the league in his sight. Won't be top jobs open, obviously, but will be some decent places for him to go.

He’s gone to the NFL if Chicago agrees to let him pick McCarthy too. 

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah it's so stupid Harbough was creating an unfair advantage during covid by hosting players when they were not allowed to do so.

Yeah it really helped land that top-flight recruiting class. 

Oh wait… Michigan routinely has mediocre recruiting classes and has just like one blue chip player on the roster. Also it was over 3 years ago who gives a shit

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Yeah it really helped land that top-flight recruiting class. 

Oh wait… Michigan routinely has mediocre recruiting classes and has just like one blue chip player on the roster. Also it was over 3 years ago who gives a shit

It's just consistent behavior we've seen from Michigan since Harbough was about to be fired in 2020. They're only behind SMU in worst cheaters of all time. 

46 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

It's just consistent behavior we've seen from Michigan since Harbough was about to be fired in 2020. They're only behind SMU in worst cheaters of all time. 

Uh, Jim Tatum holding for you on Line 2 . . . Oh yes, Barry Switzer wants you to call him back too.

13 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Michigan has received a notice of allegations from the NCAA regarding alleged violations by the football staff during the COVID-19 recruiting dead period, two university officials told ESPN.

He's done.

Ah, they pulled the old Jimbo Fisher…

Cheating pieces of shit. 

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Their season is either over Monday or the following Monday. Timing is about right. 

4 hours ago, Juicy said:

He was hired in mid September. Thamel is just trying to make it a thing by reporting it now

It was also reported a few weeks ago that Michigan offered an extension. Then crickets since. 

Harbaugh may not want to regularly face Ravens and his brother in AFC.  Commanders new ownership has money and power.  He's close to brother and could move Mom & Dad to Baltimore/DC area so they can visit both of their sons.

Won't be surprised to see Jim Harbaugh end up in DC.  

On 12/20/2023 at 6:25 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Yeah it's so stupid Harbough was creating an unfair advantage during covid by hosting players when they were not allowed to do so.

This is what I find interesting.  Mich always portrayed itself as above the whole win-at-all-costs thing.  They always pointed at Ohio State and derided what they outwardly viewed as a decidedly lower-class “aint come here to play school” mercenary mentality.  

Then along comes this year and their coach gets “suspended” for half the season for various forms of cheating.  And they win a championship.  

I get that the “cheating” in both instances was kind of chicken-shit and ridiculous, but it’s exactly the kind of thing Mich fans always point to as evidence that others are “doing it the wrong way” and “only care about winning” when you talk to rhem.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

ETA [There seems to be a growing consensus that post referred to below is not serious.]

image.png.6570f05963b027672607ea1817e8445c.png

That is one of the most pathetic things that I've ever read. Is it satire?

1970 Marshall faced some adversity?

spacer.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

Maybe Harbaugh will go to aggy for $76 million/year.

I can't wait until he shows up to midnight yell without a shirt on and then invites the yell leaders over for a sleepover. 

• Haha 1

Every year there are rumors of Harbaugh leaving, I never really took them seriously because it seemed he really wanted to be at Michigan despite the flirtations. 

After winning it all....... I think, if he gets an offer that gives him control (maybe not complete control) of the roster and a team that isn't a dumpster fire he probably takes it. And after last night. I am cool with that. Michigan hired Harbaugh to get them out of the doldrums and back to relevancy, put the program on stable legs, and he did that and more. 

I still think it is probably 50/50 he stays or goes. While Harbaugh wants that Super Bowl, after the past few years its becoming more clear that the NFL may not actually want Harbaugh. He is an odd duck, and he definitely pisses people off, not all NFL teams will want to deal with that, which is why he didn't get offers after interviewing the past few years. I think DC is probably out, based on how they hired for their search, they seem to be casting a wide net and I don't think at the end Harbaugh is going to interview particularly well compared to the long list of others. San Diego seems to be the only place that may say "fuck the baggage, we need a splash"

Michigan has offered him 12.5 a year base, with bonuses of 

500K for beating O$U

500k for winning B1G

1 Mil for making the playoffs 

1.5 mil for Making the final

2.5 for winning a national championship. 

I am not sure that those all stack, so it may be 500k for beating OSU and winning the B1G and then one of the playoff bonuses, whichever it ends up being. But that is still close to 15 million a year. Owning an NFL team is a license to print money, but that is a lot of dough to shell out for a coach that flamed out due to a war with ownership the last time he was in the league.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Congrats to @Juicy for seeing his team win it all. Such a great feeling. Even if it gets stripped at a later point in time, you can't strip the experience of the players, fans and coaches. No one will care by then.

Was hilarious seeing all those Washington players sulking and crying lol. After last week acting like pompous douchebags and running to the stands to do the horns down and taunting Bevo. Life comes at you fast morons.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Every year there are rumors of Harbaugh leaving, I never really took them seriously because it seemed he really wanted to be at Michigan despite the flirtations. 

After winning it all....... I think, if he gets an offer that gives him control (maybe not complete control) of the roster and a team that isn't a dumpster fire he probably takes it. And after last night. I am cool with that. Michigan hired Harbaugh to get them out of the doldrums and back to relevancy, put the program on stable legs, and he did that and more. 

I still think it is probably 50/50 he stays or goes. While Harbaugh wants that Super Bowl, after the past few years its becoming more clear that the NFL may not actually want Harbaugh. He is an odd duck, and he definitely pisses people off, not all NFL teams will want to deal with that, which is why he didn't get offers after interviewing the past few years. I think DC is probably out, based on how they hired for their search, they seem to be casting a wide net and I don't think at the end Harbaugh is going to interview particularly well compared to the long list of others. San Diego seems to be the only place that may say "fuck the baggage, we need a splash"

500K for beating O$U

500k for winning B1G

I am not sure that those all stack, so it may be 500k for beating OSU and winning the B1G and then one of the playoff bonuses, whichever it ends up being. But that is still close to 15 million a year. Owning an NFL team is a license to print money, but that is a lot of dough to shell out for a coach that flamed out due to a war with ownership the last time he was in the league.  

Flirtations? He interviewed with the Vikings on National Signing Day.  If they offered him the job he was gone.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Flirtations? He interviewed with the Vikings on National Signing Day.  If they offered him the job he was gone.

Right, but they didn't offer him the job. Hence why it was a flirtation. 

If you go to a bar and chat it up with a lady and she leaves you at the bar, you were just flirting. 

my biggest problem with the whole "michigan adversity" theme that seems to be wholly fabricated based on a bunch of bullshit is that they truly had the most chickenshit schedule this season.  they did not play a single team that was even in the top 50 until november.

going in to ohio state, they played:

east carolina (2-10)

unlv (9-5)

bowling green (7-6)

rutgers (7-6)

nebraska (5-7)

minnesota (6-7)

indiana (3-9)

michigan state (4-8)

purdue (4-8)

penn state (10-3)

maryland (8-5)

that is an absurdly easy schedule against some really fucking shitty teams.  those teams are beyond terrible.  the overall record of their opponents (including penn state) was 65-74.  the value of not having to play a single second half can not be overstated.  fucking adversity.  give me a fucking break.

• Hook 'Em 5

45 minutes ago, Juicy said:

500K for beating O$U

500k for winning B1G

Congrats on the championship, Juicy. For months after we got ours in 2005, I would be doing something ordinary like crossing a street or standing in line and the thought of Texas winning the trophy would just make me smile.

Enjoy it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

This is what I find interesting.  Mich always portrayed itself as above the whole win-at-all-costs thing.  They always pointed at Ohio State and derided what they outwardly viewed as a decidedly lower-class “aint come here to play school” mercenary mentality.  
Then along comes this year and their coach gets “suspended” for half the season for various forms of cheating.  And they win a championship.  

I get that the “cheating” in both instances was kind of chicken-shit and ridiculous, but it’s exactly the kind of thing Mich fans always point to as evidence that others are “doing it the wrong way” and “only care about winning” when you talk to rhem.  
If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying hard enough 9ba92be40b32c545bbae4cf745bfac59.gif

Some wild stats I read today. 

Michigan led at halftime of every game. 

First team in over 120 years to not allow an opponent to score 25 points in a game. (24 twice Maryland & O$U)

Bowling Green accounted for 4 of Michigan's 5 offensive turnovers on the season. Aside from the Bowling Green game, Michigan's offense lost 1 possession on a turnover in 14 games. (I still don't know that that is true but I read it on the internet)

Lowest star ranked team to win a championship since team recruiting stats. 

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan