What's going on with this DNI Whistleblower ?

triplehorn

With the ridiculous rate of people fleeing the trump administration over the 2 1/2 years it was only a matter of time until he hit a group so corrupt and agreeable that they'd commit major crimes to cover up for him. 

If Perry is so unscrupulous he's willing to pimp himself out to trump this far what kind of illegal corrupt shit was he doing while in Austin? How much is the idiot there now who isn't much better doing?

1 hour ago, Junior Miller said:

With the ridiculous rate of people fleeing the trump administration over the 2 1/2 years it was only a matter of time until he hit a group so corrupt and agreeable that they'd commit major crimes to cover up for him. 

If Perry is so unscrupulous he's willing to pimp himself out to trump this far what kind of illegal corrupt shit was he doing while in Austin? How much is the idiot there now who isn't much better doing?

...only the best people.

Also, just because Perry is a willing co-conspirator doesn't make him smart enough to shoulder coming up with new ways to be corrupt. He may or may not have been into some shady shit in Austin, but his aggy brain is just too chronically enfeebled to really do anything more than be an also-ran in the crowd.

Edited by HOOK'EMHOOAH

25 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

...only the best people.

Also, just because Perry is a willing co-conspirator doesn't make him smart enough to shoulder coming up with new ways to be corrupt. He may or may not have been into some shady shit in Austin, but his aggy brain is just too chronically enfeebled to really do anything more than be an also-ran in the crowd.

Perry also strikes me as the 'grifter' or good ol' boy type but not the type of man ruthless and willing to have people disappear to make his problems go away. Ricky may shoot coyotes while jogging, but Trump would have someone shoot a marathoner running down 5th avenue without blinking.

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Perry also strikes me as the 'grifter' or good ol' boy type but not the type of man ruthless and willing to have people disappear to make his problems go away. Ricky may shoot coyotes while jogging, but Trump would have someone shoot a marathoner running down 5th avenue without blinking.

Dolan has fixers so he can squeeze the trigger himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/02/world/europe/pompeo-trump-italy.html

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo confirmed on Wednesday that he had listened in on President Trump’s telephone conversation with the president of Ukraine — a call that has become the subject of a whistle-blower’s complaint and is at the heart of an impeachment inquiry by House Democrats.

“I was on the phone call,” Mr. Pompeo said at a news conference in Rome — the first time he has addressed the topic publicly since reports surfaced that he had heard the exchange.

Oh I assure you Perry was in to shady shit in Austin.  The Texas Enterprise Fund was used to give money to his cronies and donors.  He also did things like refuse to disperse  money collected from phone line taxes to the regional COGS in order to make the State budget look better.

Edited by kevwun

20 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

This is not the first time he addressed the topic.  September 22 with Martha Raddatz

RADDATZ: And I want to turn to this whistleblower complaint, Mr. Secretary. The complaint involving the President and a phone call with a foreign leader to the director of national intelligence inspector general. That's where the complaint was launched by the whistle-blower. The Wall Street Journal is reporting that President Trump pressed the president of Ukraine eight times to work with Rudy Giuliani to investigate Joe Biden's son. What do you know about those conversations?

POMPEO: So, you just gave me a report about a I.C. whistle-blower complaint, none of which I've seen. I can tell you about this administration's policies with Ukraine. I remember the previous administration was begged -- begged by the Ukrainian people to deliver defensive arms, so that they could protect themselves from Vladimir Putin and Russia. And they gave them blankets. This administration took seriously the responsibility of the Ukrainian people. We've provided now on multiple occasions resources, so that the -- the Ukrainians can defend themselves. We've worked on that. We -- we're working -- we'll see President Zelensky this week. We want a good relationship with the Ukrainian people.

Nary a mention that he was on the call.

What a jackass.  

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Where would we be without the Press? Seriously.

This guy had multiple opportunities to disclose this last week, and he acted like it was the first time he had heard anything about this.

He would not have ever disclosed this willingly.

Edited by yoladu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Why discredit the report that completely exonerated you? Weird.

“He wants to exonerate Russia so he can justify lifting sanctions” is a theory I’ve heard.  It sounds so stupid so it’s probably true. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Remember Perry’s baby, the Trans-Texas Corridor? And the push to privatize Texas tollroads?

Guess who represented the European consortium behind it? Giuliani’s Law firm.   While Giuliani was running for President  and while Giuliani’s law firm was awarded work from TxDOT during this time   

Guess who helped Perry on his last election or two?  Giuliani

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Remember Perry’s baby, the Trans-Texas Corridor? And the push to privatize Texas tollroads?

Guess who represented the European consortium behind it? Giuliani’s Law firm.   While Giuliani was running for President  and while Giuliani’s law firm was awarded work from TxDOT during this time   

Guess who helped Perry on his last election or two?  Giuliani

Guess who burned down the governor's mansion to hide evidence of his gay affair?

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Geez, every revelation is worse and worse. These guys are like Cobra Kai and Medusa; and as someone said earlier, "a criminal enterprise."

More like SPECTRE.  Are all of the world's populist or authoritarian leaders in some super secret cabal?

• Like 1

So the strategy is stonewall, but all that does is hasten a trial in the Senate. 

Secondary strategy is have Trump repeat over and over how Lindsey my golfing buddy, said the call was "perfect," and "he didn't know I could be so nice!" The repetitive flailing the President showed in his rambling disjointed defense of his actions earlier to today shows me the needle is not gonna be moved easily. Now both Pomeo and Barr are fact witnesses to the accusations (confirmed by White House transcript) put forth in the inquiry,   I will be very interested to hear Barr's rationalization as to why he did not recuse himself from an inquiry that lists his name prominently? 

From this point forward if I were the head of a House Committee I would ASSUME that any Trump appointeee will likely be uncooperative and I would immediately move to vote on contempt with the committee and arrest them immediately and detain them until they wanted to tell answer questions.  Then call the next witness until you get honest people to tell you the truth. Hell if you have to, go to home depot and get some dog kennel fencing if you need to expand the jail and have a port a can on standby.

Edited by horn4life

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

So the strategy is stonewall, but all that does is hasten a trial in the Senate. 

Secondary strategy is have Trump repeat over and over how Lindsey my golfing buddy, said the call was "perfect," and "he didn't know I could be so nice!" The repetitive flailing the President showed in his rambling disjointed defense of his actions earlier to today shows me the needle is not gonna be moved easily. Now both Pomeo and Barr are fact witnesses to the accusations (confirmed by White House transcript) put forth in the inquiry,   I will be very interested to hear Barr's rationalization as to why he did not recuse himself from an inquiry that lists his name prominently? 

From this point forward if I were the head of a House Committee I would ASSUME that any Trump appointeee will likely be uncooperative and I would immediately move to vote on contempt with the committee and arrest them immediately and detain them until they wanted to tell answer questions.  Then call the next witness until you get honest people to tell you the truth. Hell if you have to, go to home depot and get some dog kennel fencing if you need to expand the jail and have a port a can on standby.

Don’t provide soap or toothbrushes, and make them drink out of toilets. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

my initial understanding of perry's role was that his presence was an insult.  they pulled pence from going to the inauguration of the Ukrainian guy and sent perry instead, to show how little we thought of them.  is that not right?

As if Pence wouldn't have been insult enough.