Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I just can't believe that Meyer wouldn't know early on if he really wants to get back in.  If it isn't a quick "yes,as long as I get what I need." when we call then he isn't ready.  I'm sure he knows he can't gut the tOSU staff but could take a couple.  he would know if certain guys would be on board pretty fast.  

It just makes no sense to drag this to the very end with CDC because he doesn't know if he wants to "return to the grind" yet.  If he is getting what he wants from a AD support/organization control standpoint it should already be done, minus the bits the lawyers work through.

I really only think the hold up is if he can pull the assistants he wants.  I would imagine he'd have an answer to that by now as well

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
typo

Has anyone considered that the fact the BMD's are straight backing the UT admin in this, is them showing that it wasn't like when Mack was around? If he's gonna go around telling people its a shit show run by the money here, thats one way to calm those concerns. Also I'd be fine with Mullen as HC and then bringing in someone like Muschamp as DC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I just can't believe that Meyer wouldn't know early on if he really wants to get back in.  If it isn't a quick "yes,as long as I get what I need." when we call then he isn't ready.  I'm sure he knows he can't gut the tOSU staff but could take a couple.  he would know if certain guys would be on board pretty fast.  

It just makes no sense to drag this to the very end with CDC because he doesn't know if he wants to "return to the grind" yet.  If he is getting what he wants from a AD support/organization control standpoint it should already be done, minus the bits the lawyers work through.

yep think this is a coordinated delay until after KSU... keeps heat off because once herman is fired it get turned up 100%

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

It is also important to note that the courting of Meyer is being handled by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and his staff, with the full support and oversight of Texas president Jay Hartzell and Texas board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife. No big money donors are directly in contact with Meyer, instead they are backing the efforts of Del Conte, Hartzell and Eltife.

This sounds like a coherent plan, but we are Texas. And we know how such plans go.  

spacer.png

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

I don't think its an unreasonable position to believe that Urban is having second thoughts or even agonizing over the decision.  As much as he might love and miss coaching - I'm sure he's also loving being semi-retired and doing whatever the fuck he wants whenever the fuck he wants.  He's got to decide if the grind is worth it.  Though 12 million a year you would think would make that decision a little easier.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

May get some Florida peeps to help push Meyer this way as well to keep us from potentially poaching Mullen. 

I find it pretty funny that we basically just have a giant pile of money hanging over the heads of several college fan bases that's scaring the shit out of them.

As Bobby Axelrod once said, "What's the point of f*ck you money if you can't say f*ck you?"

damian lewis axe GIF by Billions

• Hook 'Em 2

So if Urban can't say "yes or no" since there isn't really a job opening at this time I am pretty sure there is a easy way to fix that.  I still don't see the need to keep Herman on at this point.  There is a reason the term interim coach was created.  Let's use it and let the chips fall where they may.  

6 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

I am very good with this being plan B as long as he has a stud DC

Mullen/Boom.  I think Florida won't let that happen and it is probably Mullen's agent.  could be floated to keep everyone from going ballistic if Meyer doesn't happen(I still think he happens).

• Hook 'Em 2

What I found particularly interesting in that article you posted is that Meyer himself was telling those around him he wasn’t taking the tOSU job. That was encouraging too.

The only thing different is it was leaked a week prior to being official that it was a done deal by tOSU. I think 11warriors. Texas on the other hand is saying they don’t know. Difference is we have a head coach who isn’t fired and they had an interim head coach at the time.

1 minute ago, Dbeasy said:

For those unaware, Mullen is a legit coach in play. He was with Urban at Utah and Florida I think.

I hope so - I just wasn't sure that he'd have any interest in leaving Florida right now.

Pairing Mullen with a top DC would be pretty fucking great.  Not Urban Meyer great, but a decent consolation prize.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm going to go with Urban has been told by the wife to really, really thing about it. Don't make a quick decision and he's really, really thinking about.

And then she's going to tell him to go do it because she can't take anymore of his moping around the house every week talking about how all these other coaches suck.

The only problem is that he would be moving her away from their kids and grandkids.  That’s important to some women.  

5 minutes ago, noshowjones said:

If you are truly from Austin, your syntax and verbiage are an indictment against AISD.  Your posts are indicative of someone who has to remind themselves not to be attracted to their sister.  Pure unadulterated incipient verbal diarrhea.

Fixed for Jamail depo

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This kind of aggie trolling is as old as BBS forums. The recipe has been the same since I started posting and reading in 1997. 

Step 1: Sign up and drop in a somewhat random post in the middle of a discussion like you've been there the whole time.

Step 2: Wait to see if anyone notices. Nope? Then start firing the fuck away.

Step 3: Tell everyone how big of a UT fan you are, going back x-decades, while getting basic shit wrong in the process.

Step 4: Start telling us what we want won't happen and start making idiotic negative comparisons to the shithole in BCS as though anyone will buy it. 

Step 5: Start telling us how bad Texas is, getting more and more overt in the process. 

Step 6: Banned.

Also, there will certainly be a lack of actual wit or proper spelling and grammar in the posts. 

I'm always at a loss at how these rubes can simultaneously think that anything they're doing is productive or subversive or non-obvious, and also how fresh and new what they're doing is on the board. 

Perfect. I'll add there is often an optional step between 5 and 6 where the mask is ripped on Scooby Doo style and on their way to their banning they post some variation of:

"ahaha, you stupid gullible sips! The sleeping giant is awake! Derp, gigem, whoop!"

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

For those unaware, Mullen is a legit coach in play. He was with Urban at Utah and Florida I think.

Let’s clarify: he is in consideration, but has not been getting the push Meyer has been getting. Legit plan B though. 

• Like 1

The only thing sadder than 24/7 F5 hammerers is lonely, lifeless Ohio State losers who actually give a shit where a guy long gone from their program is. LOL.:
Is this a pseudonym for Curt Bowels?

How in the hell does Urban’s next coaching gig (outside of Michigan) have anything to do with his legacy at Ohio State?

9 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

May get some Florida peeps to help push Meyer this way as well to keep us from potentially poaching Mullen. 

I don't get the reasoning of why Mullen would leave Florida, for Texas. This smells of Mullens agent floating shit to get his client a big raise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I don't think its an unreasonable position to believe that Urban is having second thoughts or even agonizing over the decision.  As much as he might love and miss coaching - I'm sure he's also loving being semi-retired and doing whatever the fuck he wants whenever the fuck he wants.  He's got to decide if the grind is worth it.  Though 12 million a year you would think would make that decision a little easier.

I'm going under the assumption that Urban was contacted(agents/booster) months ago(after tech, TCU, OU) that this thing with Herman is ending.  

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

Perfect. I'll add there is often an optional step between 5 and 6 where the mask is ripped on Scooby Doo style and on their way to their banning they post some variation of:

"ahaha, you stupid gullible sips! The sleeping giant is awake! Derp, gigem, whoop!"

Another thing I forgot that this guy did, of course, is use terms like "natty" and "faggots". Aggies will just keep doing what they do with stupid or offensive shit and be oblivious to how much that sticks out to the rest of us. I hear someone use the term "natty" or read it on here, and I immediately think "well, here's a fucking aggie alright." 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The only problem is that he would be moving her away from their kids and grandkids.  That’s important to some women.  

They have one daughter that lives in Florida.  The expectation is that he would be bringing his Son-in-law as QB/OC and presumably his daughter would come along with.  His son is in college and would probably join his staff at Texas when he's done playing.

6 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It may very well be he wants to do it but he isn't going to do it without his guys so he is trying to make that happen. That's my guess if we are awaiting a decision. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

There is no way Burton would report Urban agreeing to the job prior to Herman's firing.  Maybe he's said yes or maybe he's still thinking about it.  The one thing to take from Burton's post is that Texas has not been told no yet as of this morning.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Another thing I forgot that this guy did, of course, is use terms like "natty" and "faggots". Aggies will just keep doing what they do with stupid or offensive shit and be oblivious to how much that sticks out to the rest of us. I hear someone use the term "natty" or read it on here, and I immediately think "well, here's a fucking aggie alright." 

"Aggy" is the preferred nomenclature, my dude.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

I don't get the reasoning of why Mullen would leave Florida, for Texas. This smells of Mullens agent floating shit to get his client a big raise. 

There isn't a clearer path to the CFP than in Austin. The Big 12 sucks, the recruiting advantages are built-in, etc. The path to the CFP for someone at UF vs UT is night and day. Nevermind the rest of things that can be compared - a robot like Mullen could convince himself on that alone that it's worth it. That said, sure, it's probably his agent. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I really only think the hold up is if he can pull the assistants he wants.  I would imagine he'd have an asnwer to that by. now as well

I'm sure there was a timeframe established on making the decision. If official offer went out on Monday, then I'm thinking he was given a week to accept or decline. Part of the week period would include his research on who would join him to see if he can assemble a coaching staff to succeed. It makes no sense for Texas and Urban to drag this out past Sunday. Texas needs to move quickly to have any chance of saving this recruiting class and firing Herman.

I think a Yes verbal given which jives back to the optimism on Tuesday night. He wants to coach at Texas but it all hinges on who wants to join him. As everyone has been saying, it all points to a Sunday (or hopefully Saturday after the game) announcement. 

4 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

So if Urban can't say "yes or no" since there isn't really a job opening at this time I am pretty sure there is a easy way to fix that.  I still don't see the need to keep Herman on at this point.  There is a reason the term interim coach was created.  Let's use it and let the chips fall where they may.  

Urban can absolutely tell UT admin yes or no. It just can't be made public until Urban's fired. Right or wrong, UT seems to be waiting to hear Meyer's response before firing Herman, not the other way around.

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

AFAIK, the only set of kids/grandkids that live in their city are the Dennis family, who would be moving with them to Austin, so I don't think this has anything to do with it.

3 minutes ago, TexasGolf said:

Is this a misdirection report/release ?

I don't think Cory Vogel of TFB would be the one getting that information. Mullen's been rumored as Plan B from different sources since Franklin lit his chances on fire.  

8 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They don't live in Columbus.  They're spread out all over the place. 

On a side note, I am very impressed there are no leaks. No one on either side seems to know shit. This is a huge difference from the past with BMDs all involved and screwing shit up. 

Edited by PassiveAggressiveCoach
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Native Horn said:

"Aggy" is the preferred nomenclature, my dude.

No, it isn't. I think it's the most aggie shit that you guys do on the board when you go out of your way to misspell their name. It's pathetically ironic and I've never once been interested in participating in that witless shit. The jokes on us when y'all do that.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

There isn't a clearer path to the CFP than in Austin. The Big 12 sucks, the recruiting advantages are built-in, etc. The path to the CFP for someone at UF vs UT is night and day. Nevermind the rest of things that can be compared - a robot like Mullen could convince himself on that alone that it's worth it. That said, sure, it's probably his agent. 

If it's Mullen, I would assume we'd have to wait until after he lost in the SEC championship game.  If he wins, they will be in the playoff.

1 minute ago, HillaryFan420 said:

There is no way Burton would report Urban agreeing to the job prior to Herman's firing.  Maybe he's said yes or maybe he's still thinking about it.  The one thing to take from Burton's post is that Texas has not been told no yet as of this morning.  

correct.  no "yes or no".  that is all he can report without causing a shitstorm and he can report that without knowing anything. I understand these guys have contacts and do get info but the reality is that they are going to hear basically the same time everyone hears.

In my opinion Urban has already made up his mind.

Sounds like regardless of what anyone says today, we aren't hearing anything credible until tomorrow after our game.

As far as coaches in general, is Texas completely painted into a corner here with Meyer?
I've only heard that BMD's raised money to buyout Herman for Meyer. What happens if we cannot get Meyer? Are the funds for the buyout no longer there to rid ourselves of Herman? I've only heard that Herman is out, but it seems like he's out with Meyer coming on board; what happens if Meyer isn't on board? Where are the funds for the buyout coming from or are they still there regardless?

Another thought, if Ohio State doesn't have a good enough resume and Cinncy can jump them for a spot in the playoffs, then it's a lot easier to try to pull coaches from tOSU before a bowl game rather than a playoff run. Just spitballing here.

12 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Mullen/Boom.  I think Florida won't let that happen and it is probably Mullen's agent.  could be floated to keep everyone from going ballistic if Meyer doesn't happen(I still think he happens).

Mullen and Boom would probably find a way to kick the shit out of OU then have some WTF loss the week after.

28 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

More Burton

According to a high-ranking University of Texas official, the Longhorns continue to wait for a response from three-time national champion Urban Meyer about the possibility of becoming the next Texas football coach.

Rumors have run rampant, whether it is the potential dollar amount of a contract or who Meyer has met with from Texas, yet the coach has not given a final response to Texas brass as of Friday at 10:30 am.

In the discussions, Meyer has made clear to Texas that money will not be the ultimate deciding factor. Rather, it is primarily about the hard-charging Meyer deciding if he wants to “return to the grind” that made him so successful on the sidelines.

It is also important to note that the courting of Meyer is being handled by Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte and his staff, with the full support and oversight of Texas president Jay Hartzell and Texas board of regents chairman Kevin Eltife. No big money donors are directly in contact with Meyer, instead they are backing the efforts of Del Conte, Hartzell and Eltife.

As for an expected timeline for a response from Meyer, there is some hope it would come not later than Sunday but even that is not a definitive deadline, as the Horns have their sights on Meyer. Meyer will be given the time he needs to make a decision.

The quotes about who is handling the search ("no BMDs in contact") just make me believe even more that this is all being fed by CDC however CDC wants info to get out there. In other words, meaningless. Burton isn't going to post a yes until it's ready to be announced. Not sure why CDC would want the rumors to drag on if we already have a final no.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic