Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Horns pummel KSU, KU game is cancelled by Monday, Herman is out by Monday night, Urban is in and announces coordinators, Ewers opens up his recruiting, the Brockemeyers start following UT coaches on Twitter, Urban is wearing a UT sweater at a presser by Friday morning.

Book it.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

tOSU’s season is in a precarious position right now regarding qualifying for the playoffs (enough games played, etc.). Even if Urban is coming here, he may not be comfortable adding more distraction to the program by dropping any further unwelcome news at this point. He is still a part of that program right now. Just a thought.

Have to admit that I am less optimistic about UM today than I was yesterday but I could convince myself that he would not want to poach any coachers before the early signing day.  That being said, I am probably more optimistic that Herman is gone at the end of the season.  Reading that 247 article about the letters CDC got from donors coupled with several people I trust telling me that the Herman/CDC relationship is not good leaves me feeling that CDC has no choice to get rid of him.  What worries me about it is that CDC has to get it right.  His future depends on it.  If no UM, then I am just not sure what he does from there that is worth banking his future on.

41 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Might just be me but Sanders signing and enrolling early could be an indication of where things stand...why would you sign and enroll early if you had no idea if your position coach, head coach and DC were going to be there next year? Me thinks Urban's onboard & CDC relayed that to recruits and now we're just waiting on the news to break. That's just the eternal optimist in me.

He may just really really hate the process and love what Texas has to offer outside of football. But for a dude who was on decommit watch the past couple of months.. I chose to believe Urban's onboard. 

Dude just wants to go to Texas

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not the best in these towns, but a few places that I've enjoyed...

A few in DFW

• Joe T Garcia's
  • Javier’s
  • Blue Goose
  • Manny's 
  • Mi Cocina

A few in SA 

• Acenar on The Riverwalk 
  • El Mirasol for margarita's 
  • Mi Tierra's
  • El Jarro's.
  • La Fogata
  • El Chaparral's  (Helotes)

We gotta step up your SA game.

• Hook 'Em 3

47 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

A few in DFW

• Joe T Garcia's
  • Javier’s
  • Blue Goose
  • Manny's 
  • Mi Cocina

A few in SA 

• Mi Tierra's
  • El Jarro's.
  • La Fogata

Mi Tierra fucking blows. 

• Hook 'Em 8

Went to McDonald’s for dinner for the first time since the last time the McRib was back. The one and only good thing this thread has done for me- pointing out the return of this most amazing of all American fast food options. 
Also, for any of you fucksticks claiming such and such Tex mex place is terrible you are just wrong. 98% of Tex mex in this state ranges somewhere from really good to sublime. None of it is gonna be at the level of a Michelin Star joint, but it’s almost all good and worth eating. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn

57 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

A few in DFW

• Joe T Garcia's
  • Javier’s
  • Blue Goose
  • Manny's 
  • Mi Cocina

A few in SA 

• Mi Tierra's
  • El Jarro's.
  • La Fogata

Jeez man. Panchitos is better that all of those.

For SA try:

El Milagritos on St. Mary’s 

EL Marinero on McCulloch

Youre welcome

*although El Jarros used to be pretty tits for brunch

Edited by Doc Reeves

22 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Wait.  I thought that was a joke.  I’ve checked out of recruiting.  We lost Bowman to OU because of a softball player and retained Sanders because of a softball player?  Not to stereotype, but I think young men would be more likely to follow soccer players than softball players.

Thots don’t soccer 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Austx said:

Horns pummel KSU, KU game is cancelled by Monday, Herman is out by Monday night, Urban is in and announces coordinators, Ewers opens up his recruiting, the Brockemeyers start following UT coaches on Twitter, Urban is wearing a UT sweater at a presser by Friday morning.

Book it.

People keep talking about Kansas being canceled - it makes no sense. It’s scheduled, teams are playing tomorrow. It isn’t getting canceled unless a team has a Covid outbreak. 

9 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

Mi Tierra fucking blows. 

Thats harsh.  Is it touristy?  Yes.  Blows? No.

That would be Bill Millers BBQ or Papasitos.

Love me some Pappadeaux, Pappas steakhouse, Yia Yia Mary's, and even Pappas burger.....but the Mexican and BBQ joints are about even with something Fertita would own....

3 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

People keep talking about Kansas being canceled - it makes no sense. It’s scheduled, teams are playing tomorrow. It isn’t getting canceled unless a team has a Covid outbreak. 

Also someone mentioned $3.5mill revenue from TV for playing KU game right??

4 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Don't rule out the entire team opting out after tomorrow's loss. 

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

Wait.  I thought that was a joke.  I’ve checked out of recruiting.  We lost Bowman to OU because of a softball player and retained Sanders because of a softball player?  Not to stereotype, but I think young men would be more likely to follow soccer players than softball players.

As a Freshman at UT I drooled over the Championship winning Volleyball players.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

since tuesday...

every visit, i click on the last page of the thread... then go back two pages. then try to piece together some sense of...anything.

and we're in exactly the same place as tuesday lol 😁🤘

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TexasRenegade said:

Thats harsh.  Is it touristy?  Yes.  Blows? No.

That would be Bill Millers BBQ or Papasitos.

Love me some Pappadeaux, Pappas steakhouse, Yia Yia Mary's, and even Pappas burger.....but the Mexican and BBQ joints are about even with something Fertita would own....

Highly disagree. Pappasitos shits on any other chain tex-mex joint. That includes Trudy's and Chuy's 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic