Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

5 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok, after getting ticked off yesterday after hearing some less than optimal information, today is a new today. There are so many sources here, we need a comprehensive betting sheet. Here is what I can recall we have:

Rapgamelarry - or whatever his name is. Dubious source, with some sort of connections, but good heroin for the Board.

The squid dude - see raplarry

Cedwhatever - see raplarry

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true.

RVC2005 - seems to have some real visibility. When he posts, I pay attention.

CTJ - i follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going.

me - I was firmly in the no camp Saturday because my source is impeccable, but since that time I have figured out Meyer has been reconsidering. I have no idea which way it goes.

Caddox - Someone said he's credible and that's what keeps me off the ledge.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations.

Kevin whatever - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job.

CTC2 - He's saying it's a no, and I don't know about his bonafides.

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him.

Who am I leaving off?

Also, the thought that Meyer is still mulling over an offer is laughable. The decision is made. It is NOT a foregone conclusion that it's yes, because Herman hasn't been fired, and he may not want to make a public statement on a job not open.

How the hell did Futureman make your list?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Fuck all that.  Rockets beat 4 50 win teams including the Orlando Magic who, wait for it.....beat MJ who was in the playoffs that year.  MJ couldn't even make it to the finals that season, a season in which he played from the midway on.  Bulls couldn't match up against a team with a dominant big.

The Rockets would have had a legit chance in 94-95 vs a Bulls team without Horace.

That 93-94 Bulls team was very good, even without Jordan. I’m a Bulls fan of course and know that Olajauwon would have been hell for us. But the guard play, Horace, Pippen’s D would have been the deciding factor. Horace had a nice mid-range jumper and the Rockets would have had to account for that. Our scrub Centers always annoyed the other superstar centers too(I know Hakeem was the most athletic).

Of course this is hypothetically speaking if Jordan would have never retired that first time. No one knows how burned out he would have been. Plus the Rockets beat them with MJ in the reg season but the playoffs is a whole other monster.

3 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Because I’m intrigued about the rumors and speculation.  I think there’s a possibility that Meyer becomes our coach. I think there’s a possibility he turns us down or has already turned us down 

Not likely. Yesterday was a pretty uncomfortable situation to put yourself through if you said no. And his reactions certainly wouldn't lead one to believe he had said no.

• Hook 'Em 1

Spoiler
4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Ok, after getting ticked off yesterday after hearing some less than optimal information, today is a new today. There are so many sources here, we need a comprehensive betting sheet. Here is what I can recall we have:

Rapgamelarry - or whatever his name is. Dubious source, with some sort of connections, but good heroin for the Board.

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true.

CTJ - i follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going.

me - I was firmly in the no camp Saturday because my source is impeccable, but since that time I have figured out Meyer has been reconsidering. I have no idea which way it goes.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations.

Kevin whatever - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job.

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him.

Who am I leaving off?

Also, the thought that Meyer is still mulling over an offer is laughable. The decision is made. It is NOT a foregone conclusion that it's yes, because Herman hasn't been fired, and he may not want to make a public statement on a job not open.

LOL I was in the middle of consolidating this as well, but you're further ahead.  Mine was more of a vindictive listing of people to neg/pos rep depending on outcome.

Add in futureman fisting himself for future reference. 

Helobious thinks Herman is back next year and definitively cannot be fired after drubbing KSU's third string. 

Hugo Stiglitz thinks CTH deserves another year.

Kirk Barton declared 1% chance that Urban comes to Texas.

3 minutes ago, Yuk said:

Not likely. Yesterday was a pretty uncomfortable situation to put yourself through if you said no. And his reactions certainly wouldn't lead one to believe he had said no.

He’s in entertainment right now.  I’m sure he and his network are really uncomfortable about people talking about him and speculating. All that attention!

Edited by EuroHorn

Sorry guys, sounds like the decision was made last night, ole Herman is keeping his job. Directly from a BMD. Too much $$$ to pay out to existing staff & new hires with the current state of the athletic dept revenue is basically what it comes down to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 15

Just now, Horns99 said:

Sorry guys, sounds like the decision was made last night, ole Herman is keeping his job. Directly from a BMD, who also says Herman is ass & no one likes him. Too much $$$ to pay out to existing staff & new hires with the current state of the athletic dept revenue.

Haha this is bag of hammers dumb

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

How much bad acid has RapGameLarry and that Squid fucker been feeding this thread over the past month? There isn’t a fucking thing happening today or tomorrow. 

It started to occur to me once I learned Texas was hell bent on playing the Kansas game that Herman isn’t getting fired until next Sunday at the earliest now. People are going to melt down if Urban isn’t announced our coach tomorrow but I don’t know if that means anything. 

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Who am I leaving off?

Thank you so much for actually putting a list together. Hard to keep track of people throwing their hat into this ring.

1 minute ago, Horns99 said:

Sorry guys, sounds like the decision was made last night, ole Herman is keeping his job. Directly from a BMD, who also says Herman is ass & no one likes him. Too much $$$ to pay out to existing staff & new hires with the current state of the athletic dept revenue.

You know that feeling before the second plane hit....

2 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

It started to occur to me once I learned Texas was hell bent on playing the Kansas game that Herman isn’t getting fired until next Sunday at the earliest now. People are going to melt down if Urban isn’t announced our coach tomorrow but I don’t know if that means anything. 

Didn't they say it's with 3.5 mil in revenue?

9 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

Well if he's just fucking around he's got a lot of money to burn as he's put down around $1000 on bets as to this taking place.

He's also probably earned that back in subs already too. 

He can always fall back on any number of excuses for why his info didn't pan out. Most legit insiders get bad info occasionally anyways. This dude is just going all in on it though. But Wth do I know, I'm just a fish sandwich.

2 minutes ago, Horns99 said:

Is there a chance that this BMD wanted to keep a lid on things and gave you some misinformation?

3 minutes ago, Horns99 said:

Sorry guys, sounds like the decision was made last night, ole Herman is keeping his job. Directly from a BMD. Too much $$$ to pay out to existing staff & new hires with the current state of the athletic dept revenue is basically what it comes down to.

I have a really hard time believing this because it would be a massive reversal from the plan and what's transpired already.

• Like 2

One factor I have not seen mentioned that might be playing into this decision is the effects of Covid. God willing, the actual football season should come off in the fall of 2021 fairly normally, but the first 6 months are going to still be under significant restrictions. For a control freak that is going to want to come in and put his hands on every aspect of the program to remake it in his own image, Urban may be worried about his ability to effectively do all this under the current restrictions.

Just a thought, although I still think the Herman firing has to come first. With us being officially eliminated last night from Big12 CG contention, I don’t see the reason to let Herman coach through the Kansas game if we do have a firm understanding with Urban. 

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Reading the article above if CDC gives Herman an extension you will see fan apathy at all time levels. 
Next year’s home schedule is terrible. I could easily see folks sitting it out. 

Schedule is really not good 

U Louisiana
Rice
Kansas 
KSU 
Tech
Oklahoma St

I’ll fight you, and I’m undefeated in fights
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Horns99 said:

Sounds legit.  Guess they definitely took into consideration the amount of money that will be lost by not moving forward.

1 minute ago, Randolph Duke said:

The truly funny thing is that if Manziel had played safety and not QB, today he would probably be the starting Pro Bowl safety for Dallas, pulling in mad money. 

Of course you come out of the woodwork to talk about JFF/an Aggie

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

The Rockets would have had a legit chance in 94-95 vs a Bulls team without Horace.

That 93-94 Bulls team was very good, even without Jordan. I’m a Bulls fan of course and know that Olajauwon would have been hell for us. But the guard play, Horace, Pippen’s D would have been the deciding factor. Horace had a nice mid-range jumper and the Rockets would have had to account for that. Our scrub Centers always annoyed the other superstar centers too(I know Hakeem was the most athletic).

Of course this is hypothetically speaking if Jordan would have never retired that first time. No one knows how burned out he would have been. Plus the Rockets beat them with MJ in the reg season but the playoffs is a whole other monster.

Robert Robert Horry would slam dunk on your mama.

• Hook 'Em 1

we just need to accept the "we are Texas" shit isn't as real as we think it is. 

Completely removing Urban Meyer and the coaching situation from the equation, I don’t know what to say to anyone who hasn’t found this painfully obvious for a while.

Here’s how it works:

I was told hours ago by a BMD (hook, lying about having any actual inside news) that an offer has been made and it rests with Urban to decide what to do (wiggle room for absolutely nothing to happen, yet my integrity to remain intact, while simultaneously deflecting the onus to be on Meyer so that every fanatic reads into everything he and his wife do). There are still some things to be worked out and nothing is ever done until it’s official (no fucking shit but I just got more wiggle room to hedge against it not happening). I hear the deal could be done soon (again no shit, we won’t know until the future becomes present, also you’ve been saying this since before last week).  Stay tuned for the latest updates (keep paying me my 9.95 bitch)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Updated with other names and some odds:

Rapgamelarry - or whatever his name is. Dubious source, with some sort of connections, but good heroin for the Board. 10-1

The squid dude - see raplarry. 10-1

Cedwhatever - see raplarry. 20-1

Mr Orange - too few posts on Surly. Unless someone vouches for him, he's suspect. 3-1.

Alphahorn - semi credible, but weird diversions into crypto raises eyebrows. I do know he has one thing wrong. He said it's been done for awhile. I know that isn't true. 2-1.

RVC2005 - seems to have some real visibility. When he posts, I pay attention. 1-1.

CTJ - i follow everything he posts closely, and he's freely admitted he doesn't know which way this is going. 1-1.

me - I was firmly in the no camp Saturday because my source is impeccable, but since that time I have figured out Meyer has been reconsidering. I have no idea which way it goes. No line on the house.

Caddox - Someone said he's credible and that's what keeps me off the ledge. 1-2.

Thamel - He posted some weird stuff implying both directions. Not sure what to think of his proclamations. 1-1.

Kevin Burton - This one's interesting. Either he's got some legit intel or Urban is using him as a pawn in his chess match, like he did with others for tOSU job. 2-1.

CTC2 - He's saying it's a no, and I don't know about his bonafides. 4-1.

Futureman - Has already completely blown his credibility because he said there was never a chance Meyer would come here. The events of the last week prove Meyer is in play and that Texas wants him. 10,000-1

Staff list guy – the guy that posted possible Meyer staff, but also said he may not have said yes. 2-1.

Burton – pretty credible, says it’s still undecided. 1-2.

Horns99 – said Herman stays. Newer poster. 4-1.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic