Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

We’re USC, but worse. At least Helton seems to be a likable guy, who appears to have integrity and honor. Also, we have a lot more competition for our recruits. Basically, we’re fucked.

Did I do that right?

USC actually wins its conference. We are closer to Michigan or Tennessee. 

10 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This post should be a somber read but I gotta admit I laughed my ass off man. It’s all true but I’ll be damned if the way you worded it didn’t make it funny as fuck. 

“Peel off their boot”!?

I’ve washed stuff off my boot. I’ve scraped stuff off my boot. 

What the hell do people “peel” off their boot? 

1 minute ago, EZ$ said:

This is what I think. Worst case (which is what we’ll get), Herman stays and was scared straight by the “close” reality that he might lose his job and starts taking things more seriously. We kind of saw that in the KState game. 

And to be clear, I don’t think he’ll take us to the level we all want, but 8-10 wins with a bowl win is a lot better than fucking up coin flips and crowd surfing for getting bowl eligible. 
Maybe Clemson will piss off Dabo and we can get him in several years??

4 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

If it's true (although nothing has been confirmed) and Urban doesn't come, what the fuck do we do next? I really don't want to be stuck with Tom for another year... 

Matt Ruhle would be someone I think we should approach. Did well at rebuilding Baylor, we’ll respected and likable guy. Knows Texas HS recruiting.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

This isn't a viable business anymore for UT a mass exodus has begun and will continue potentially causing irreparable damage for decades to come.

Irreparable damage how? Like going a decade plus without a conference title? A 57 percent winning percentage over a decade? A decade with four losses as the peak? A decade of 3-7 vs OU?

All that shit’s already happened. We’re already there. That’s why people latched onto the Meyer thing and are so distraught over him declining.

If they want to go get Campbell or Fickell I’m all for it. If you don’t think he’s the guy, and I don’t think anyone does at this point, you move on, IMO. But let’s not pretend that keeping Herman another year is going to totally crater this program for the rest of our lives. At least not more than it already is. Like USC, it’s never more than a good coach and a couple good recruiting classes away.

Wouldn’t Herman actively be looking for another gig at this point? Surely he’s seen the writing on the wall. Why would he want to wait around now to get canned after next season? Or is it better for him to finish out his contract if they decide to keep him? If CDC’s backup, backup plan (Herman) takes another job soon...how embarrassing would that be?
Herman's ego is so big that genuinely believes he can fix the program, and that fixing the program will fix everything else (recruiting, support from boosters and fans). You can hear it in every excuse he makes. So no, I don't think he'll start looking around.

This is what I think. Worst case (which is what we’ll get), Herman stays and was scared straight by the “close” reality that he might lose his job and starts taking things more seriously. We kind of saw that in the KState game. 

Lol okay I know I’ve been on a “calm down it’s not the end of the world” streak this morning, but Herman showing improvement that has been completely absent over four years - that’s the worst case scenario to you?

Won't happen but I think Jimmy Lake would be a great hire. Young stud in the making. Unfortunately isnt the splash hire we need

Jimmy Lake would drown trying to handle the pressure of this program which entails dealing with the LHN, BMDs and an unrealistic fan base...

e7d3c86ff50ce5d4da84e2b565353261.jpg

1 hour ago, PilotsError said:

I'm sure Rhule would say no, but at least make him have to choke on the offer before turning Texas down.  

this is about the 5th time this has had to be posted

• Carolina paid a buyout to Baylor (not small) to get him
  • He has contract that is something like 6/$60 with about $50m guaranteed
  • He took his entire coaching tree with him
  • He hasn't coached a full year and ditching would crater any future career NFL future

We are more likely to re-hire Charlie Strong than hire Matt Ruhle

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Mileslong said:

Jimmy Lake would drown trying to handle the pressure of this program which entails dealing with the LHN, BMDs and an unrealistic fan base...

I always love this. So to do what ou does every year is unrealistic? I need you to unpack what’s unrealistic about Texas being in the top 10 every season and not ducking up coaching searches literally every time we go after a coach? I get were all crazy af but I attribute that more to social media and twitter and how any fan can make a fake account and put bullshit out there and then people on here believe it and retweet it and insiders making shit up. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

“Peel off their boot”!?

I’ve washed stuff off my boot. I’ve scraped stuff off my boot. 

What the hell do people “peel” off their boot? 

Well. Posters like your, for starters. You’re a different kind of poster than dumbfuck, but you’re equally worthless. It at least takes some level of intelligence to do what he does, but you’re just Milton from office space crossed with a fucking donkey. But shit, at least you’re fun to laugh at...so congrats on being a running joke. You’ve got that going for you. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Lol okay I know I’ve been on a “calm down it’s not the end of the world” streak this morning, but Herman showing improvement that has been completely absent over four years - that’s the worst case scenario to you?

Taking fg’s and playing field pos , instead of going for it every 4th down inside the 30 likely nets us a win per season. Throw in clock management and not handing the ball to the same back 3 straight times (or ramming your Franchise qb)after he just ran 46 yards the previous two plays is another win per year.  

I always love this. So to do what ou does every year is unrealistic? I need you to unpack what’s unrealistic about Texas being in the top 10 every season and not ducking up coaching searches literally every time we go after a coach? I get were all crazy af but I attribute that more to social media and twitter and how any fan can make a fake account and put bullshit out there and then people on here believe it and retweet it and insiders making shit up. 

Again it was just a pun so...

2 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Well that what nothing but a pun so...

Fair enough. I'm just a bit more upset with the general perception that our fanbase is unrealistic and fully expects NC year after year. We just want a program that can actually win the conference and occasionally be near the discussion for the playoffs. 

14 hours ago, Caddox said:

I know I’m just an anonymous asshole on the internet, but y’all need to trust me on one thing in particular. Herman is toast. There is nothing he can do to save his job at this point.

is this the only good news from the last 50+ pages?

Just now, markstanco said:
18 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:
giphy.gif

That person is a rando from Arizona with 73 followers.

Another point I’m making how many people believe anything they read or see on Twitter. Everyone needs to get of the ledge and let the eye test go to work here. Herman is gonna get fired. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

For days folks here stated that if Urban said no it would leak right away. Now it is out everywhere and people are now saying no one knows anything. I think folks here were right and UM has given UT an answer and UT leaked it ASAP.

Yep. I'm not convinced that health is the main reason. The family not wanting another move and coaching gig for UM could be reason number one. Could be Meyer uses health as reason to show no disrespect  to CDC and UT.

Agree with someone that said CDC should not have let it drag on for what seems like months. Not a good look to be held hostage.

fuck it. Kinda depressing.

Taking fg’s and playing field pos , instead of going for it every 4th down inside the 30 likely nets us a win per season. Throw in clock management and not handing the ball to the same back 3 straight times (or ramming your Franchise qb)after he just ran 46 yards the previous two plays is another win per year.  

And you think he’d just come around this in year seven of being a head coach?

8 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

The games often shouldn’t be as close as they should be so that’s on herman but I can think of 6 or 7 individuall, late game or even last play mistakes that cost us games.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, EastTexan said:

Yep. I'm not convinced that health is the main reason. The family not wanting another move and coaching gig for UM could be reason number one. Could be Meyer uses health as reason to show no disrespect  to CDC and UT.

Agree with someone that said CDC should not have let it drag on for what seems like months. Not a good look to be held hostage.

fuck it. Kinda depressing.

Maybe health.  But wasn’t he after the Dallas job?

15 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Well. Posters like your, for starters. You’re a different kind of poster than dumbfuck, but you’re equally worthless. It at least takes some level of intelligence to do what he does, but you’re just Milton from office space crossed with a fucking donkey. But shit, at least you’re fun to laugh at...so congrats on being a running joke. You’ve got that going for you. 

Lol. Coming out of the gate strong this week, I see. 

I think people know my thoughts on Urban possibly coming to UT Austin. 

Sorry you are not having as good of a start to your week as some others are. 

Football Scoop looking prophetic:

Momentarily stunned from missing on Urban Meyer, Texas talks itself in and out of hiring Mack Brown and even Bob Stoops before Mario Cristobal calls. He wants the job, but only if Texas can keep it quiet through the Fiesta Bowl. But when Spirit the Flaming Sun mascot tests positive for COVID and is deemed a close contact of both Cristobal and BYU head coach Kalani Sitake, the game is canceled and Cristobal is announced as Texas’ new head coach just as Oklahoma and Texas A&M are kicking off in the Cotton Bowl.

57 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Ideally, if the "flirtation" with UM and every other potential candidate is indeed over, Herman would now reassess everything about his job performance (with CDC's help), realize he's going to have to be MUCH better and then start showing that improvement in leadership, recruiting and coaching. But I just don't have a good feeling that will happen. Obviously would love to be wrong.    

Why would herman reassess anything?  He's already perfect.  Just ask him.  :)  

Slept on it. He’s a legit no or it’s in the bag and the “leak” was for the purpose of taking pressure off of tOSU assistants who have said yes. Next weekend would be the big weekend.

Odds are he said no for real - that’s consistent with Texas’ inability to orchestrate a proper, slam dunk football coaching hire.

The only wildcard is we have no history with CDC at the helm here, so he could be the variable to make this right. But we still have the internal politics, administration involvement and BMD involvement/nonsense that would suggest its business as usual.

It’s a bright and wide open world, if they don’t giveAF about winning the way I do, then I’ll find something else to do with my Saturdays much like I have for the last 10 years.

You’ve got a week or so CDC, prove me wrong.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic