Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

14 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

I'm 111% certain that cyber stalking the wife of the coach that has turned us down twice won't at all negatively influence further attempts to change his mind.   Reconstructing several days in her life from months ago and posting it on the web so anyone in the world can see surely can't be creepy and make one wonder what they will do every time coach loses a game...

Is revealing all secrets squirrely?  Or should we go with a No Secrets At All approach?

If anyone is cyber stalking the wife it's those mouth breathing osu fans that keep tweeting at her

12 minutes ago, BrewmanTX said:

First off, I’m 100% Czech so I know what I’m talking about. These are NOT kolaches. Kolaches are FRUIT filled pastries. I’m not saying that I don’t like klobasnikis (meat filled versions), but let’s get the nomenclature correct.
I will agree that The Czech Stop is grossly overrated, but I’m just comparing them to my mom’s, which are the best, hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be the judge of that.  

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Anyone want to listen to this? Athletic pod with B Davis talking about our "failure" to land Urban.

His gut is telling him Tom returns for '21

Says them going after Urban was the right move

Ewers decommit expedited this, thinks if they come out hot and beat ou early next season, that the '22 class will be fine (LOL), and bygones will be bygones.

Says CDC hates firing coaches, wants to keep Tom but BMDs want him out, if not no checks for the SEZ project.

Urban is the only big name.. Not sure if Mullen does it.  Brian likes Campbell personally.

Thinks that players don't develop because getting a scholarship at Texas for 4 years and live in Austin is making it.. They don't have that chip on their shoulder. Kids have been told they have been great all their lives and when they get hit with adversity they revolt.

Biggest complaint from Brian is Tom not giving Bijan more rushing attempts

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, JMFP said:

What I don't get is if he and tOSU love each other so much why isn't he still coaching there? I mean the general consensus is that health problems aren't a concern and he wants to keep coaching, then why did he quit his dream job? 

Zach Smith

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

Thinks that players don't develop because getting a scholarship at Texas for 4 years and live in Austin is making it.. They don't have that chip on their shoulder. Kids have been told they have been great all their lives and when they get hit with adversity they revolt.

Jack-Nicholson-lol.gif

Just now, Jack Wilson said:

For years, the Czech Stop was mandatory on the Friday before the ou game. I'm not qualified to critique it in terms of Czech-ness, but thinking of it during those times sure brings back happy, drunk memories. 

The Villge is better, especially considering you don’t have long lines.  However, my sweet tooth craves the cherry cream cheese at Czech Stop.

2 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

For years, the Czech Stop was mandatory on the Friday before the ou game. I'm not qualified to critique it in terms of Czech-ness, but thinking of it during those times sure brings back happy, drunk memories. 

Mmmm, Ranger cookies.  Does Czech Stop ship? 

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

FWIW UM himself doesnt tweet often but retweets  fox pregame and ohio state stuff. he had no retweets on 10/9, a  fuck ton on 10/10 and only 1 on 10/12

to explicitly link the timeline back to Texas, the weekend before was our first loss of the season (TCU), the 10th was the loss to OU, so Urban would have been working in studio, thus with plenty of time for tweeting during games and commercials.

18 minutes ago, BrewmanTX said:

First off, I’m 100% Czech so I know what I’m talking about. These are NOT kolaches. Kolaches are FRUIT filled pastries. I’m not saying that I don’t like klobasnikis (meat filled versions), but let’s get the nomenclature correct.
I will agree that The Czech Stop is grossly overrated, but I’m just comparing them to my mom’s, which are the best, hands down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm fully aware of what the nomenclature is. I just don't get caught up in the whole debate. But I agree, there's nothing better than homemade. 

9 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

You talked me into it....I am making the 20 minute drive and going there this weekend.

I spent a week at longboat key this past February. I think that’s the one just north of siesta, is that right?  Feel like I drove down to siesta to eat and shop one night. 

feels like it was 10 years ago. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Not the losses to OU?

Not the losses to TCU?

Not the losses to ISU?

Not the ridiculous losses to Maryland?

Not the embarrassing bullshit off of the field?

Not the recruiting nosedive?

No.. he only mentioned how Texas always plays close despite having a clear talent advantage.. and what happened in Manhattan Sat was puzzling which lead into the Bijan needs more touches line

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I spent a week at longboat key this past February. I think that’s the one just north of siesta, is that right?  Feel like I drove down to siesta to eat and shop one night. 

Longboat and Lido are both just north of Siesta. Lido is a great spot for those looking to avoid the crowds. It also has a great little shopping/restaurant area called St. Armand's Circle. 

Of course we are in the middle of the slow season for beaches now. Dead of winter here, with highs only expected reach 80 this weekend.

Edited by FloridaHorn

9 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Ewers decommit expedited this, thinks if they come out hot and beat ou early next season, that the '22 class will be fine (LOL), and bygones will be bygones.

Ah yes - 1st time starter at QB.  No Sam Cosmi.  Likely no Joseph Ossai.  And Tom is absolutely known for his 'hot starts'.

Fucking, hell.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Caddox said:

First off, I'm 100% Texan so I know what I'm talking about. These are kolaches. Kolaches are meat filled baked goods from I-35 and Hwy 71. I'm not saying I dont like fruit pastries (sort of like a Kolache but with fruit), but let's get the nomenclature correct.

I will agree that The Czech Stop is grossly overrated, but I'm just comparing them to your mom's, which are BY FAR the best, hands down

now-thats-how-you-do-it.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Caddox said:

First off, I'm 100% Texan so I know what I'm talking about. These are kolaches. Kolaches are meat filled baked goods from I-35 and Hwy 71. I'm not saying I dont like fruit pastries (sort of like a Kolache but with fruit), but let's get the nomenclature correct.

Unwashed masses alert.

That's like claiming chili can have beans.  Or cinnamon.  Or a block of Velveeta.  Calling any cola a Coke.  Or considering Taco Bell's horrid 'Mexican pizza' a pizza.

Edited by clapclapclap

http://www.kountrybakery.com

Our must stop .. for years .. when traveling between Houston and San Antonio.  No idea whether it Czechs the authenticity box, but the sweets are outstanding.  Also very good are their hamburger buns which have to be ordered a day or so before.  Great place for mid-trip refreshments.

13 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

Longboat and Lido are both just north of Siesta. Lido is a great spot for those looking to avoid the crowds. It also has a great little shopping/restaurant area called St. Armand's Circle. 

Of course we are in the middle of the slow season for beaches now. Dead of winter here, with highs only expected reach 80 this weekend.

That’s why we went in feb, before the people pour in for spring training and spring break. 

I'm half Czech and don't like fruit kolaches. Sue me. I'll eat the koblasniks (sausage or meat fully enclosed in the roll) or whatever you call them all day long. They call pigs-in-a-blanket "kolaches" in North Dallas. I call them Highland Park kolaches.

4 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Unwashed masses alert.

That's like claiming chili can have beans.  Or cinnamon.  Or a block of Velveeta.  Calling any cola a Coke.  Or considering Taco Bell's horrid 'Mexican pizza' a pizza.

You can fuck right off with that Mexican pizza comments. One of the greatest fast food innovations of our time

• Hook 'Em 4

There's Chili, and then there's Chili verde. Or Chili with beans. Or Chili with whatever else you put in it. Call it as such, whichever way it is made, so we know what we're getting. Eat it however you like, though.

There's BBQ. Some comes with sauce on it. Some doesn't come with sauce on it. There are regional differences and they are labeled as such to let us know what is what. Eat it however you like, that's fine.

And when it comes to kolaches and pig in the blankets (klobasniks), they're two different things, period.

An icecream sandwich isn't a taco, because it's a fucking icecream sandwich... and a pig in the blanket isn't a kolache, because it's a pig in the blanket!

The end. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Sportswriters as parrots. You can imagine their slow, muddy minds working slothfully categorizing input.

"Shadow of their own endzone." I like the sound of that. I'll use it. (No critical thought about how the notion is idiotic.)

"You know, the endzone can't cast a shadow." I think this guy is some kind of intellectual fancy boy fag. People are saying this, it must be good.

"Austin and UT make players soft. That's why Texas can't be good." Ooooooh. That makes a lot of sense. It's emotional. It's just the right low level of smart. I'll use this.

"Austin was a great place to live in the 60s and 70s, a Texas scholarship was a big deal, and the teams were tough and competitive." Yea, well, uh. You might say it's coaching, but, uh, that's too obvious (Did I use that word right? Do I care?) It has to be something else that only smart guys like sports writers and sports TV guys can understand. Can't be coaching. No. 

"What does mano y mano mean?" Man against man.

"No, it doesn't." Well, we've all agreed that it does and we're not changing!

Dumbasses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VirginiaLonghorn said:

http://www.kountrybakery.com

Our must stop .. for years .. when traveling between Houston and San Antonio.  No idea whether it Czechs the authenticity box, but the sweets are outstanding.  Also very good are their hamburger buns which have to be ordered a day or so before.  Great place for mid-trip refreshments.

I'd say the Hallettsville/Schulenburg area is pretty authentic.  Plus, they list the sausage ones separate from kolaches, so that makes it correct.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic