Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

List is piss. 

Once Upon a Time in the West

The Outlaw Josey Wales 

The Professionals

High Plains Drifter (without this you don't get John Woo and without John Woo you don't get Quentin Tarantino ripping off John Woo as a career) 

The Magnifcent Seven (nods to Seven Samurai)

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the AFI top 10 list will disappoint many.

How the West was Won?

Magnificent Seven?

noop.

Hollywood's cynical bitchassedness is no more evident than the failure to preserve the innovative experimental processes like Cinerama, Vistavision, IMAX, etc.  More than half of the 70mm IMAX domes have been demolished or converted to giant flat digital projection touted as "better" and "the most advanced in the world".

How the West was Won was 1 of only 2 films made with the 3-strip Cinerama process.   There may be a couple of people on this board who saw it in the theater in 1962 in Cinerama.

Anyway, Westerns....

https://www.afi.com/afis-10-top-10/

The Searchers '56

High Noon '52

Shane '53

Unforgiven '92

Red River '48

The Wild Bunch '69

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid '69

McCabe & Mrs. Miller '71

Stagecoach '39

Cat Ballou '65

I was gonna drop Cat Ballou in as a goof. Loved Lee Marvin in it. Seems I got good taste. 

13 minutes ago, golfclap said:

List is piss. 

Once Upon a Time in the West

The Outlaw Josey Wales 

The Professionals

High Plains Drifter (without this you don't get John Woo and without John Woo you don't get Quentin Tarantino ripping off John Woo as a career) 

The Magnifcent Seven (nods to Seven Samurai)

Add Pale Rider and I'm right there with you.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 hours ago, Getafix said:

"YUM! Bon appetit!"

- Closetojumping

I stand up for savory kolaches and the millions who call them that and now I’m a processed food loving rube? That hurts, sir. 

I’m actually making beef bourguignon for dinner tonight using Julia Child’s recipe, but using brisket. Trust me, look it up, it’s ridiculously good. 

14 hours ago, pops said:

I'm protective of you for fucks sake. Burnt eyes scares me

He’s the thirstiest motherfucker on this thread, that is for damned sure. The DMs he’s sending @troph and @Nicole44 are probably terrifying and might need to be sent to the authorities. 

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Lulz. Every time I see your avatar, I think of the movie Ruthless People. Underrated film. At any rate, my dad is in one of the last sequences of that film. Wearing a UT baseball cap. Right where Bette Midler''s character is arguing with Danny DeVito's on the pier and kicks him off. My dad went for a walk to see the ocean. this guy (who was an extra in the film with spiked blue hair) says,, "Dude you can't be over here. We are filming a movie." My dad says, "Fuck you. I came to see the ocean. I am from Texas. Fuck you." Guy relents. So in the top right corner of the scene, there is this guy with a white t-shirt and white UT cap just leaning over the pier.

I love the story. @IDIOTsavant ‘s avatar always makes me think of “Other People’s Money”. Devito gives one of the greatest speeches ever put on film in that movie and it never gets much play because of how well Michael Douglas covered the same subject matter as Gordon Gekko. 

23 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Hell or High Water 

If there is such a thing as a modern day western, this movie fits it to a T. The interaction between Pine and Bridges at the end is greatness and the speech Chris Pine’s character gives as to why he did what he did is pretty much how I’ve viewed climbing out of the gutter my entire conscious life. 

• Hook 'Em 7

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic