Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

35 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

None of these busts are with us any longer....

So sad, but true...  Princess Grace - stunning, but slightly before my time.  Kelly Preston caught my attention in Mischief - too soon for her to go.  Applegate still looks great after the preventative surgery & glad she’s still around.  

56 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the thing is, we really don't know how good bama is this year.  of course they are all-universe, but they were all-universe when they lost 3 times in the playoffs.

bama are 6-3 in the college football playoff.  they are not immortal at this level.  they can be beaten.

and this is not the 12/13 or 18/19 domer.   it could be a 2-score game.  but domer is covering.  and i would not be surprised for bama to have score last to win.

This post is going to age very, very poorly. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

It's easier to win titles at aggy than FSU?

20 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yeah, he lost me on that one, too.

Jimbo took the A&M job because he was about to be fired from FSU.

Yes, it is for sure is now. Read about how haphazard and disheveled of an organization the FSU AD is right now and you’ll realize it’s just not a good job at the moment. A&M has premier facilities and an outstanding group of recruiters on their staff. Also, you have to understand that it isn’t that weird anymore. They still are really into their football traditions and the ring, but it’s mostly just normal suburban kids there now. Also, they now have an active group of bagmen assisting their recruiting ops. They’re about to dwarf Texas’ NFL development by the 2022 draft as well; you’d be naïve to believe otherwise.

• Rage+1 1

I don't pretend to know shit, but if I'm the Jags and know that I'm getting TL for QB, and I'm also looking at college coaches, it seems to me I'd look more to a guy who has a track record of coaching up QBs that have gone to the NFL and a guy with strong Xs and Os talent for building an offense around TL.  As much as I love UM and want him here, that description matches Riley more.  I could easily see UM getting passed over by the Jags for Riley.

7 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Yes, it is for sure is now. Read about how haphazard and disheveled of an organization the FSU AD is right now and you’ll realize it’s just not a good job at the moment. A&M has premier facilities and an outstanding group of recruiters on their staff. Also, you have to understand that it isn’t that weird anymore. They still are really into their football traditions and the ring, but it’s mostly just normal suburban kids there now. Also, they now have an active group of bagmen assisting their recruiting ops. They’re about to dwarf Texas’ NFL development by the 2022 draft as well; you’d be naïve to believe otherwise.

So A&M is easier to win a championship at because they hired Jimbo and he’s done everything he did at FSU.  Not because it’s inherently easier. Obviously seeing as they haven’t since ‘39. He left FSU because they hated him and aggy wanted to fist themselves on the contract to get him.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Yeah, except that’s a fucking lie. I said all along, in fact, that the odds were against Texas landing Meyer. In this fucking thread. So go fuck yourself for attempting the revision. I’m enjoying your certitude regarding not getting Kelly though. I’m patient. We can watch things work out, but if Kelly winds up being the guy, I’m negging your handle every time I see it for being an uninformed, condescending cunt. I’ll start preemptively with this post I quoted since you’re wrong in it in the first place. 

Sounds good. And when I’m right you can pos rep each one. But you’re probably to much of a pussy to do that so I won’t hold my breath. Hold on to your angry negs, I won’t concern myself with them. Also don’t take things so personally on a message board. Plenty said they were sure he was coming. It’s a general statement

Edited by taybo20
  • Fuck You 3

So A&M is easier to win a championship at because they hired Jimbo and he’s done everything he did at FSU.  Not because it’s inherently easier. Obviously seeing as they haven’t since ‘39. He left FSU because they hated him and aggy wanted to fist themselves on the contract to get him.
And yet, here they are in the playoffs.

Jk lol. Whoops!
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

It's for sure easier to win a title at A&M right now compared to FSU. I don't think most of y'all understand how bad of an AD FSU has at the moment. If it were my choice, I'd take jobs like UNC and Ole Miss over FSU.

2 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Me too. Me too. He probably has a giant button that he can push also that could gank the whole board without prejudice.  And he knows this. Hence, the barely concealed annoyance. And this is why I show my respect. 🤘🏼😃🤘🏼

don’t be fooled.  he’s a short, squatty, gaping pussy who couldn’t beat orlando brown in a foot race. 

Edited by futureman
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Griff said:

So sad, but true...  Princess Grace - stunning, but slightly before my time.  Kelly Preston caught my attention in Mischief - too soon for her to go.  Applegate still looks great after the preventative surgery & glad she’s still around.  

Y'all are forgetting this board's Most Valuable Kelly

Spoilered to cut down on negs:

Spoiler

MacKenzieKelly1.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

Thamel article is bad. No way around it. He is one of UM’s media mouthpieces. For him to say it is “certain” UM does not coach college, well, that isn’t good. May explain why we’re now hearing more smoke around BK. Hope I’m wrong and Hook ‘Em. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TexasEx said:

Thamel article is bad. No way around it. He is one of UM’s media mouthpieces. For him to say it is “certain” UM does not coach college, well, that isn’t good. May explain why we’re now hearing more smoke around BK. Hope I’m wrong and Hook ‘Em. 

Lulz

Edited by futureman

1 hour ago, taybo20 said:

Sounds good. And when I’m right you can pos rep each one. But you’re probably to much of a pussy to do that so I won’t hold my breath. Hold on to your angry negs, I won’t concern myself with them. Also don’t take things so personally on a message board. Plenty said they were sure he was coming. It’s a general statement

Except there was nothing general about claiming that I’d specifically said something and also, I deliberately hadn’t said it. You’re a cunt for not owning your bullshit. 

the thing is, we really don't know how good bama is this year.  of course they are all-universe, but they were all-universe when they lost 3 times in the playoffs.
bama are 6-3 in the college football playoff.  they are not immortal at this level.  they can be beaten.
and this is not the 12/13 or 18/19 domer.   it could be a 2-score game.  but domer is covering.  and i would not be surprised for bama to have score last to win.

Bama is going in dry on ND

2 hours ago, TexasEx said:

How do you hear smoke? 🤔

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

My wife and I are on our way to a beach vacation and at the gate I see a guy reading Surly on his phone while his wife deals with two unruly kids. And this is in Chicago. He must be dying to read the latest news about Urban Meyer. 

It’s a good thing we have all this concrete information to put his mind at ease before he gets on a plane with two wild kiddos. Glad he will get on the plane feeling secure about our HC search. Lol.