Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

22 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

Charcoal as well. And feed. My farmer grandpa could do it every time. You don't need to snip it at all, just unravel the end knot correctly.

I...have no fucking clue how to do it and I'm lucky to have a 20% success rate.

Re: feed bags. If it’s facing you, it typically pulls right to left.   It doesn’t work in the other direction.   

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Also third graders who ride their bikes on sidewalk and then ring their bell to get you to move.  Use the road tough guy!

As the owner of a third grader, I can say that they are mostly morons who have no business being in the street. That said, if they can't cut through a yard to get around you and save everyone the embarrassment of ringing a bell to get you to move, they're probably defective. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

My wife and I mailed my dad a postcard and a letter from Eugene, Oregon Monday, September 18.  We left the 19th, driving back, and arrived home Saturday, the 23rd.  He called today to tell us that he received the card and letter today.  How the hell can I take my time and drive home in five days, and the US Mail takes 10 days?  They must have gone back to ox-carts hauling the mail.

• Rage+1 2

27 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

My wife and I mailed my dad a postcard and a letter from Eugene, Oregon Monday, September 18.  We left the 19th, driving back, and arrived home Saturday, the 23rd.  He called today to tell us that he received the card and letter today.  How the hell can I take my time and drive home in five days, and the US Mail takes 10 days?  They must have gone back to ox-carts hauling the mail.

I found out why

image.png.5074dd5f987051d61e58324e690604b8.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

"My 13 year-old-son is a fat ass and so this shirt didn't fit him. I recommend buying a size larger. - 2 stars"

Thanks lady, but I recommend you tell your kid to skip the 2nd plateful of hamburger helper and ride his bike instead of giving my product a shitty rating and hurting my business. No one else has complained about it because they're overweight.

No, she didn't actually call her son a fat ass. Because he's just "husky" y'all. Hercules, Hercules!

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

42 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

"My 13 year-old-son is a fat ass and so this shirt didn't fit him. I recommend buying a size larger. - 2 stars"

Thanks lady, but I recommend you tell your kid to skip the 2nd plateful of hamburger helper and ride his bike instead of giving my product a shitty rating and hurting my business. No one else has complained about it because they're overweight.

No, she didn't actually call her son a fat ass. Because he's just "husky" y'all. Hercules, Hercules!

Username, etc.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, gofuckyourself said:

Couple of years ago when my youngest daughter got married, I decided to rent a suit.  Groom and groomsmen are all from Oklahoma so jeans, boots and jackets were their attire.  No way was I wearing jeans walking baby down the aisle.  Anyway, I was at Men's Warehouse getting fitted. I wouldn't call myself fat, close to 5'10 and around 235 at the time but I was sporting a reasonable gut.  Got like a size 50 jacket.  There were kids in their very early teens getting fitted for a wedding.  Probably around 5 to 5.5 foot tall. Both ended up with larger jacket sizes than me.  

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2023 at 10:54 AM, fattyflattie said:

Re: feed bags. If it’s facing you, it typically pulls right to left.   It doesn’t work in the other direction.   

This.

I typically have the stitching facing away from me and rip from left to right.  Worked in a seed company in high school/ college.  Used the sewing machines on the bags almost every day.  It only works in one direction to unlace it.

Protip- if you fuckup the knot on the start of your pull, just snip the knot off with scissors or pocket knife and it should pull right out.

Edited by slorch

I don’t mind getting hot and sweaty if I am working or doing some sort of exercise, etc. I despise getting hot if I am on a flight or in a building/room and it is warm and air conditioning is available and it is not being properly used.

The latter usually happens when I am overseas as people just use AC differently than what Americans are used too. Spent last week in China and am now in Australia right now sweating my balls off on a domestic flight to Brisbane.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

And then Amazon can deliver my order in one day.  Weird how that works.

• Hook 'Em 1

This.
I typically have the stitching facing away from me and rip from left to right.  Worked in a seed company in high school/ college.  Used the sewing machines on the bags almost every day.  It only works in one direction to unlace it.
Protip- if you fuckup the knot on the start of your pull, just snip the knot off with scissors or pocket knife and it should pull right out.

I have found that my success rate on pulling a stitched bag top the right way is about the same as my success rate in putting a USB stick into a port right side up. Close to 0%.
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I have found that my success rate on pulling a stitched bag top the right way is about the same as my success rate in putting a USB stick into a port right side up. Close to 0%.

teach a man how to fish once and he'll insert usb correctly for the rest of his life:

-facing the device in a normal orientation, the plastic tab inside the usb plug is on the bottom and the 2 cutout things is on top.

I opened a stitched bag of dog food first try yesterday. Couldn't believe it. One of the best days of my life.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Well, if you are in front of me you can apply for a home loan, refinance your car, and sign up for a credit card.

Shiiiiiit, I think somebody in front of me did a hostile takeover of the bank via the ATM. 

• Haha 1

And then Amazon can deliver my order in one day.  Weird how that works.

I’m from the generation that growing up if you ordered something from television or a catalogue there was a standard notice to allow six to eight weeks for delivery. I ordered some lightning cables on Amazon from who knows where at 12:30 this afternoon and I’ll have them at my house in BFE Texas by 10 tomorrow morning. Zero clue how that’s possible.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I blame the airlines for their luggage policy. You used to check 2 bags for free and have one carryon. Didn't matter when you got on the plane, there was usually room for your carryon. Now they are charging and not enforcing the size of the carryon. Just look at that person in the center screen--she has a huge fucking backpack and a purse and a blue bag. All that shit will take up more than her share of the overhead. Now multiply her by everyone in line and you see why people want to rush to get on the plane early. /end surly rant

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

I blame the airlines for their luggage policy. You used to check 2 bags for free and have one carryon. Didn't matter when you got on the plane, there was usually room for your carryon. Now they are charging and not enforcing the size of the carryon. Just look at that person in the center screen--she has a huge fucking backpack and a purse and a blue bag. All that shit will take up more than her share of the overhead. Now multiply her by everyone in line and you see why people want to rush to get on the plane early. /end surly rant

IMG_2191.webp.5ca5036b93f1ee3225ed80e164607459.webp

• Hook 'Em 1