Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

15 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
15 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:
If you shoot the shit with any checkout person while others are waiting on you, just know that those of us in line are praying you get food poisoning. Order your shit and then fuck off. They’re not your friend. 

Old people do this a lot in my experience. Maybe they don't have any other human interaction in their day to day?

image.gif.8acfe533872ab151fe5d98f39d1ef287.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, Vic Mackey said:

Filling out forms online and it asks which country I'm from or located and United States isn't at the very top of the drop down list of options.

‘ Merica, dammit!!!

Trying to find actual cream of mushroom soup from the campbells wall of soup

I can find: sodium free CoMS, 98% fat free CoMS, gluten free CoMS, healthy request CoMS, cream of chicken and mushroom soup, cream of cremini and shiitake mushroom soup. But not just cream of mushroom soup. Unless it’s a family sized gigantic can

• Rage+1 1

Yeah, this shit has officially gotten out of hand.  The person receiving the tip literally does nothing but flip the screen around to you and this particular restaurant does not pool tips.  I poured my own drink, I grabbed my own food, I served myself, bussed my own table, and left.  And he gets 20% because he can reposition an iPad and the Hispanic dudes in the kitchen get nothing?  I've fucking had it.  I am a very generous tipper.  20% was the bare minimum for a server/bartender/driver.  I'd often go 30%+ for just 'very good' service, not even excellent.  But now, every single fucking business from coffee to sandwich pickup starts at 20% and half of them don't pool, the asshat up front keeps most of it while the muscle in the back gets stiffed.  Complete bullshit.  /yellsatcloudCSB

• Hook 'Em 1

Fuck that.  I straight up change it to zero so they can fucking see it.  Did it at the airport yesterday when I bought a water and some mints for fucking $9.  I don't tip counter help.  That's just fucking stupid.  They are literally just sitting there...doing nothing.

10 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, this shit has officially gotten out of hand.  The person receiving the tip literally does nothing but flip the screen around to you and this particular restaurant does not pool tips.  I poured my own drink, I grabbed my own food, I served myself, bussed my own table, and left.  And he gets 20% because he can reposition an iPad and the Hispanic dudes in the kitchen get nothing?  I've fucking had it.  I am a very generous tipper.  20% was the bare minimum for a server/bartender/driver.  I'd often go 30%+ for just 'very good' service, not even excellent.  But now, every single fucking business from coffee to sandwich pickup starts at 20% and half of them don't pool, the asshat up front keeps most of it while the muscle in the back gets stiffed.  Complete bullshit.  /yellsatcloudCSB

Subway cashier (yeah I know) told me that everybody on the clock at the time split the touchpad tip. 

Fuck that.  I straight up change it to zero so they can fucking see it.  Did it at the airport yesterday when I bought a water and some mints for fucking $9.  I don't tip counter help.  That's just fucking stupid.  They are literally just sitting there...doing nothing.
The tipping culture in this country is getting out of control.

My former barber said he doesn't believe barbers should be tipped and didn't care if you didn't tip him. But it was embedded in everyone to tip in that industry.

42 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Subway cashier (yeah I know) told me that everybody on the clock at the time split the touchpad tip. 

I know many places do and I think that’s a good thing to share with back of house.  But there are many business types and franchises that don’t do that for myriad reasons.  That’s what I’m sick of.  

1 hour ago, NWBuck said:

Sitting in the media room watching a movie. Lights tuned exactly as they should be. 

Wife comes in, "looking for something" and turns the lights on. Doesn't find it ("why don't you look where it's supposed to be?" /tone). Leaves room, leaves lights on. 

Sigh. Pause movie and turn the lights off. Sit back down and resume film. 

Daughter enters the room, turns lights on. "Oh, I didn't think anyone was in here... Have you seen my (thing wife was looking for)?" 

"Nope. Your mom already looked in here. Have you looked where it's supposed to be?" 

Daughter rolls eyes, leaves room, leaves lights on. 

Sigh. 

/Humblebrag

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

When I scroll down on the mouse wheel and the screen scrolls up.

Who are these animals who use it this way?

And while we’re at it, I have my iPad plugged into my docking station so I can use the keyboard and mouse. The mouse scroll wheel is doing what I’m bitching about. Anyone know how to change fix it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Superhero said:

giphy.gif

to clarify- when I roll the wheel downwards, or towards my wrist, the text on the screen goes upward.  That's from years of videogames predating the wheel( on the mouse.)

Edited by slorch

On 12/5/2023 at 9:39 PM, tigol said:

People in reverse that aren't moving.  Especially if I am behind them at a light.  The fuckers that sit in parking spots in reverse can go to hell.

That GM crap drives me nuts.  It's always in some busy parking lot some soccer mom twat with 1.5 kids and a Suburban XL unlocks her crap from half way across the parking lot, and by the time you realize what's happened, she rolls up completely oblivious what's going on and takes her damn sweet time loading up her future child support checks.  

After taking the family out to Burnet last night for the Main Street Bethlehem, my two biggest triggers got me on the edge of going postal last night. 

1. Turn off your brights, asshole.  It's the dead of night in backwoods Burnet county, and your freaking LED lights just blinded me and 5 other cars for the next two minutes.

2. If you ever think your life is a waste of time, just remember: someone is paid at TxDOT to put up the signs that say "Left Lane is for Passing ONLY".  Looking at the 71 drivers...

• Rage+1 5

On 12/11/2023 at 6:17 AM, PvilleStang said:

1. Turn off your brights, asshole.  It's the dead of night in backwoods Burnet county, and your freaking LED lights just blinded me and 5 other cars for the next two minutes.

Right there with you... with the new LED projection bulbs, they're brighter at the start as well. When I walk the Wonder Dog in the neighborhood (very wooded, no streetlights), I appreciate people actually using their headlights to avoid hitting us (even with the dog's light up collar, it always feels like a 50/50 bet). But the bright lights are the worst...

My solution is an EDC flashlight with "turbo" mode that I can flash for a second before returning to "walking the dog" brightness. Most folks get the drift and drop their lights (or the lights auto-correct as if it were another vehicle)... and if they don't, I can always switch to "strobe" mode (not directed towards their vehicle, just as a visual reminder that there are other people out here).

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 1:46 AM, Superhero said:

those people should be hauled in for questioning. 

On 12/10/2023 at 6:43 AM, slorch said:

to clarify- when I roll the wheel downwards, or towards my wrist, the text on the screen goes upward.  That's from years of videogames predating the wheel( on the mouse.)

that's scrolling down.  because your view is now further down the document. 

Why the fuck does every smartphone camera rotate my photos when it thinks I'm "too close" to the photo's subject? So tired of having to manually rotate the pics to where they were when I took the pic. Motherfucker, I took the pic as the distance I desired, your job is to just record the image. So dumb, there is no justifiable reason for this.

• Rage+1 1

Looking at the Victoria’s Secret website for some lingerie for the wife.

Maybe 1 out of 3 are VS models we love and remember. The others have BMIs that only @Vic Mackey would love. There’s also amputee in the line up.

I guess they’re trying to be representative of the population, but not what I want to see at 6AM on the crapper. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

Looking at the Victoria’s Secret website for some lingerie for the wife.

Maybe 1 out of 3 are VS models we love and remember. The others have BMIs that only @Vic Mackey would love. There’s also amputee in the line up.

I guess they’re trying to be representative of the population, but not what I want to see at 6AM on the crapper. 

Go to Fredericks of Hollywood to find the lingerie photos you're looking for.

On 12/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, NWBuck said:

Sitting in the media room watching a movie. Lights tuned exactly as they should be. 

Wife comes in, "looking for something" and turns the lights on. Doesn't find it ("why don't you look where it's supposed to be?" /tone). Leaves room, leaves lights on. 

Sigh. Pause movie and turn the lights off. Sit back down and resume film. 

Daughter enters the room, turns lights on. "Oh, I didn't think anyone was in here... Have you seen my (thing wife was looking for)?" 

"Nope. Your mom already looked in here. Have you looked where it's supposed to be?" 

Daughter rolls eyes, leaves room, leaves lights on. 

Sigh. 

Are you a fucking mute or what?  Use your words.

9 hours ago, Orale said:

Cars entering a parking lot off a busy street that pause at the entrance of the lot for a few seconds to survey where they want to park causing cars behind them to abruptly stop and block traffic in said busy street.  

This is fucking enraging. It’s just another example of people with zero awareness that other people exist in the world. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

Came close to clipping a car that wasn't completely in the center turn lane, fortunately no one was in the right lane. 
Ragey. Or the people who are fully in the center turn lane but jerk to the right when making a left turn. No need to Scandinavian flick your 3 series on Kirby Drive, dumbshit.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Cars entering a parking lot off a busy street that pause at the entrance of the lot for a few seconds to survey where they want to park causing cars behind them to abruptly stop and block traffic in said busy street.  
I lay on my horn at these oblivious fucks. I'll take it a step further and bring up parking lots in general. Can't stand them. So many cut across, drive the wrong way, drive way too fast. That's why I just park at the far end and walk. Easy exit when leaving.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

Almost got into a scrape today.

Ran out of firewood and having party tonight.  Need firewood but our annual guy ain’t doin it on weekend.

So I drive to a rural area in a sketch neighborhood where I have seen firewood for sale on side of road.  Guy with large pile is splitting logs and has a couple cords.  Inside a chain link fenced lot.

I asked for 40 sticks.  He says “$30 - you load it.”

I back truck in and start loading with my 11 year old son.  We get loaded, say thanks and are pulling out of lot.  Truck races up and blocks me in.  Large black man wearing a bunch of fake brand polo shit and gold gets out and starts cussing and screaming.  I mean this guy is at level 9 and going berserk.  Gimme my money mother fucker and this and that.

I figure out quickly that splitter guy ain’t the boss and boss ain’t happy with whatever deal I’ve cut.

Guy looks in bed of truck “you owe me $150.”  

Now I’ve got a couple of problems.  I’ve got $90 in my wallet - I don’t have $150.  11 year old feels very threatened - is crying.  Truck blocked in.  .40 in the center console of the truck - unloaded no ammo.

”calm down man - we can sort this out.”  Guy won’t calm down - irrational, freaking out.  Splitter guy walks away.  Zero help at all.

I said “I got $90, you can have it and the $30 I paid him and I’m leaving.”  

More “fuck you, gimme my money.”

I calmly repeated it about 3 more times before he took the $90 and moved his truck. It seriously crossed my mind that we were going to get shot or at least fist fight right there in front of my son.  Shitty deal.

now I’m surly and contemplating ways to take revenge and get my $90 back.

• Rage+1 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

1 hour ago, CoTex said:

Almost got into a scrape today.

Ran out of firewood and having party tonight.  Need firewood but our annual guy ain’t doin it on weekend.

So I drive to a rural area in a sketch neighborhood where I have seen firewood for sale on side of road.  Guy with large pile is splitting logs and has a couple cords.  Inside a chain link fenced lot.

I asked for 40 sticks.  He says “$30 - you load it.”

I back truck in and start loading with my 11 year old son.  We get loaded, say thanks and are pulling out of lot.  Truck races up and blocks me in.  Large black man wearing a bunch of fake brand polo shit and gold gets out and starts cussing and screaming.  I mean this guy is at level 9 and going berserk.  Gimme my money mother fucker and this and that.

I figure out quickly that splitter guy ain’t the boss and boss ain’t happy with whatever deal I’ve cut.

Guy looks in bed of truck “you owe me $150.”  

Now I’ve got a couple of problems.  I’ve got $90 in my wallet - I don’t have $150.  11 year old feels very threatened - is crying.  Truck blocked in.  .40 in the center console of the truck - unloaded no ammo.

”calm down man - we can sort this out.”  Guy won’t calm down - irrational, freaking out.  Splitter guy walks away.  Zero help at all.

I said “I got $90, you can have it and the $30 I paid him and I’m leaving.”  

More “fuck you, gimme my money.”

I calmly repeated it about 3 more times before he took the $90 and moved his truck. It seriously crossed my mind that we were going to get shot or at least fist fight right there in front of my son.  Shitty deal.

now I’m surly and contemplating ways to take revenge and get my $90 back.

Glad you're ok.  Fuck those two

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If you have anything to lose.  Family, home, career, it’s hard to win in a situation like that.

yeah, on a keyboard we’re all Dirty Harry and Marcellus Wallace but when this dude is going all mf’er and your 11 year old is crying.  Are you going to push all your chips in on money that doesn’t really change your life?

As for me, I didn’t.  I guess I’m a pussy but now I’m drinking my woodford and gaining saltiness.

• Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, CoTex said:

If you have anything to lose.  Family, home, career, it’s hard to win in a situation like that.

yeah, on a keyboard we’re all Dirty Harry and Marcellus Wallace but when this dude is going all mf’er and your 11 year old is crying.  Are you going to push all your chips in on money that doesn’t really change your life?

As for me, I didn’t.  I guess I’m a pussy but now I’m drinking my woodford and gaining saltiness.

Absolutely. There is nothing to be gained, and everything to be lost, by playing his game. Do everything you can within reason to GTFO and never look back. 

• Like 5