Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

On 2/23/2024 at 5:43 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

Was he a fucking hobbit?

On the food though. I wish more places smaller lunch portions. I don't like eating much for lunch because it makes me tired. Half a BLT is perfect for me. But most sit down restaurants really don't have that type of stuff anymore

drunk the lord of the rings GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 2:43 AM, Jameslaw121 said:

Was he a fucking hobbit?

On the food though. I wish more places smaller lunch portions. I don't like eating much for lunch because it makes me tired. Half a BLT is perfect for me. But most sit down restaurants really don't have that type of stuff anymore

I stopped eating lunch. Didn’t want the post lunch crash. I like it a lot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, nnm said:

I stopped eating lunch. Didn’t want the post lunch crash. I like it a lot. 

I'm pretty close t doing that. But I can get low blood sugar too easily. There are alot of times I just eat a protein bar or some trail mix though.

If I have a busy schedule that day, a couple PB&Js hit the spot for me. 

• Like 1

If I’m too busy to run out and get lunch, I just have “the lunch champions” which is whatever I can scrounge from the office break room. It usually ends up being fruit, trail mix, almonds, granola bar and sodas. Makes for a fine meal in a pinch. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Superhero said:

If I’m too busy to run out and get lunch, I just have “the lunch champions” which is whatever I can scrounge from the office break room. It usually ends up being fruit, trail mix, almonds, granola bar and sodas. Makes for a fine meal in a pinch. 

We found the office fridge bandit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 2/23/2024 at 5:43 PM, Jameslaw121 said:

Was he a fucking hobbit?

image.png.0cf18652702538c5e0b4a3300cd604a5.png

2 hours ago, nnm said:

We found the office fridge bandit. 

I'm not an animal. We have office provided snacks. 

Should have said "lunch OF champions". It's become a common phrase amongst 5-10 of us who are too busy at times to go out.

Edited by Superhero
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Superhero said:

Smart. I keep trail mix, protein bars, crackers, gatorade, ginger ale, and scotch in my desk drawer to keep from going to get fast food

1 hour ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Smart. I keep trail mix, protein bars, crackers, gatorade, ginger ale, and scotch in my desk drawer to keep from going to get fast food

I like your style.

I too have Scotch (and also a bottle of Japanese whisky) in my drawer. I will break it out when I'm fed up with the week. My desk has become to impromptu happy hour spot on Friday afternoons.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/23/2024 at 11:33 PM, closetohumping said:

Cheap people.  For example:

Adults that try to order off the kids me u

I’m at the airport and this guy just tried to order half a pint.  

it makes sense if you dont want to eat a lot and dont want to waste.  some restaurants will sell dishes at "half portion" and charge 75%.  win-win.

the spaniards sell small sized Caña beers.  im 100% onboard

3858961w-640x640x80.jpg

Door Dash and Uber Eats et. al.:

Why can't we tip after we receive our orders?  When we tip servers, it's after the fact at a restaurant, and it's based on their level of service.  I feel like the food delivery services, we're paying a bribe to ensure the driver doesn't fuck with our food in transit and that it gets picked up and delivered to begin with.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Why can't we tip after we receive our orders?  When we tip servers, it's after the fact at a restaurant, and it's based on their level of service.  I feel like the food delivery services, we're paying a bribe to ensure the driver doesn't fuck with our food in transit and that it gets picked up and delivered to begin with.

That seems tip-worthy.

You know what pisses the living shit out of me for some reason, "Rest in Power."  I'm seeing it all over social media now.  The first time I saw it I thought "oh, that's kind of cool. It's a takeoff on 'Rest in Peace, but not as cliche'".  Now? Fuck it.  I'm just going to start sayin nonsense shit like Rest in parsimony,  rest in pulchritude, rest in priaprism, rest in paradox, rest in pertinence, rest in propitiousness etc...

Fuck this shit. 

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

That seems tip-worthy.

I guess I left the other point out: If you are my DD driver and get a delivery here in a timely manner, I should be able to tip you more than some dude that picks up four orders and drops mine off last.  It's no longer a tip in my book since it's not tied into the level of service of the driver, but a bribe to get them to consider picking up your order to begin with.  And the restaurant staff that got your order together get jack shit from that tip.

Wendy's can fuck right off with this bullshit. 

Wendy’s, the popular fast-food chain, is gearing up to roll out a new pricing strategy that mimics the surge pricing model used by ride-sharing services like Uber. This means that the cost of your favorite Wendy’s items could fluctuate throughout the day depending on demand.

The CEO of Wendy’s, Kirk Tanner, recently announced this innovative pricing system during a call with investors. According to Tanner, the dynamic pricing model will be tested starting in 2025. The idea is simple: Prices will be higher during peak meal times, such as breakfast, lunch, and dinner rushes, and lower during slower periods.

For example, a Dave’s Single quarter pounder burger, which currently sells for $5.99 at a Wendy’s location in Newark, New Jersey, could see its price increase by as much as $1 during the lunchtime rush. Conversely, during quieter times like mid-morning or late afternoon, the price could drop below $5.99 by as much as $1.

To implement this pricing strategy, Wendy’s will rely on digital menu boards that can be updated in real time. The company plans to invest $20 million in these high-tech menus to ensure seamless pricing adjustments without incurring additional overhead costs.

It’s worth noting that the cost of Wendy’s items already varies depending on the location. For instance, a Dave’s Single burger costs $5.99 in Newark, New Jersey, but $8.19 at a Wendy’s in Times Square.

While surge pricing has been successful for companies like Uber and Lyft, it remains to be seen how consumers will react to dynamic pricing in the fast-food industry. Some may view it as price gouging, while others may appreciate the flexibility it offers.

Regardless, Wendy’s is moving forward with its plans to introduce surge pricing in 2025. Time will tell whether this bold strategy pays off for the fast-food giant.

I can easily replace the once every five year pace I probably visited Wendy's, but I don't need this concept catching on. Who the hell wants to feel like they are exposed to getting fucked in the ass on every trivial commercial transaction we make.

Subscription this, surge that......GET THE FUCK OFF MY LAWN.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Stopped to grab something to drink and fuel up rental vehicle. I go in and pay for everything, come out and put my drink in the truck and start pumping gas.

MOTHERFUCKER WHY IN THE HELL DOES YOUR FUEL PUMP TV AD SCREAM AT ME LIKE IT’S GOTDAM REVEILLE?

I sweatergod it was so fucking loud.  But why???

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Stopped to grab something to drink and fuel up rental vehicle. I go in and pay for everything, come out and put my drink in the truck and start pumping gas.

MOTHERFUCKER WHY IN THE HELL DOES YOUR FUEL PUMP TV AD SCREAM AT ME LIKE IT’S GOTDAM REVEILLE?

Drives me nuts and also makes me get in my truck and close the door until it's filled up.  Fuck 'em. 

1 hour ago, slorch said:

I've literally jumped because I thought the fuel pump TV was a person yelling at me.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Drives me nuts and also makes me get in my truck and close the door until it's filled up.  Fuck 'em. 

Push all the buttons to the right of the screen.  Usually the second or third button mutes that crap.  I think I'm more pissed about all the buttons you have to push before you can start pumping your gas.  "Do you want to add fuel additive into your gas today?"  "Would you like a receipt?"  "Do you have a fuel rewards account?"  "Would you like to join?"  Just let me swipe my card, verify the chip, and let me pump my 87 octane, asshole.  And take your 10% ethanol and shove it.

• Like 3
  • Rage+1 2

4 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Push all the buttons to the right of the screen.  Usually the second or third button mutes that crap.  I think I'm more pissed about all the buttons you have to push before you can start pumping your gas.  "Do you want to add fuel additive into your gas today?"  "Would you like a receipt?"  "Do you have a fuel rewards account?"  "Would you like to join?"  Just let me swipe my card, verify the chip, and let me pump my 87 octane, asshole.  And take your 10% ethanol and shove it.

This and my favorite......

"PLEASE WAIT" after you finish pumping and choose no receipt.

• Like 1

On 2/26/2024 at 12:07 PM, PvilleStang said:

I'll add something on top of it... at least for Uber Eats.

Have you ever had food show up an hour late and cold.... not due to the delivery person who actually delivers it but because the original guy bugged out and your shit sat for 45 minutes.

I have.

And you've already tipped / it's not the last guy's fault.

I try to get all my $ back.

There's no recourse.

The agents won't give it to you and offer you a $5 or $10 credit towards your next purchase.

Their 'managers' aren't available and supposedly are supposed to call you the next day or some shit.

It's a total scam through and through.

I've completely disavowed Uber easts b/c of this.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/26/2024 at 6:41 AM, 52-80 said:

it makes sense if you dont want to eat a lot and dont want to waste.  some restaurants will sell dishes at "half portion" and charge 75%.  win-win.

the spaniards sell small sized Caña beers.  im 100% onboard

3858961w-640x640x80.jpg

My wife nearly always orders off the kids menu, not because she's cheap, ĵust because she doesn't eat much and watches her caloric intake.  Of course at 5'11" and 138lbs at 66 years old... I'm not complaining...and no, no pics freakos.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

My wife nearly always orders off the kids menu, not because she's cheap, ĵust because she doesn't eat much and watches her caloric intake.  Of course at 5'11" and 138lbs at 66 years old... I'm not complaining...and no, no pics freakos.

fuckyouemoji-1.png.e479c33beed8ba73fca5ab32f9548800.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2024 at 7:31 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You know what pisses the living shit out of me for some reason, "Rest in Power."  I'm seeing it all over social media now.  The first time I saw it I thought "oh, that's kind of cool. It's a takeoff on 'Rest in Peace, but not as cliche'".  Now? Fuck it.  I'm just going to start sayin nonsense shit like Rest in parsimony,  rest in pulchritude, rest in priaprism, rest in paradox, rest in pertinence, rest in propitiousness etc...

Fuck this shit. 

RIP im peace

9 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

I'll add something on top of it... at least for Uber Eats.

Have you ever had food show up an hour late and cold.... not due to the delivery person who actually delivers it but because the original guy bugged out and your shit sat for 45 minutes.

I have.

And you've already tipped / it's not the last guy's fault.

I try to get all my $ back.

There's no recourse.

The agents won't give it to you and offer you a $5 or $10 credit towards your next purchase.

Their 'managers' aren't available and supposedly are supposed to call you the next day or some shit.

It's a total scam through and through.

I've completely disavowed Uber easts b/c of this.

For the bolded reasons above, I've completely sworn off app food delivery.  The only thing I have delivered is pizza and I get it from the store, not a service. 

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Speaking of pumping gas--

The screen is so shitty and dark, you can't read it. Especially when the sun is shining on it. 

And I cannot read the sonsabitches with polarized sunglasses on………

I get that they have to set the volume of those things so loud because they're obviously at intersections with lots of traffic noise.  But early in the morning or late at night, they would do well to add some 37cent feature that turns the fucking thing down.  It really does startle you sometimes.  And as much as I'm interested in a Knicks game highlight from last month, just shut it off.  

noCR, but I live close to a former Chief of Staff of a prominent Texas Statewide official.  And we bump into each other all the time at the grocery or Chevron.  And I was remarking to him, "Hey, Texas should allow these scree deals to charge your card one more dollar and you play video poker or hand of blackjack and it just charges your card.  And if you win, you get money put back on your card or rewards points or an extra gallon or whatever, I dunno."  And Mr. H said, "We thought about that awhile back, but it's still a form of gambling so it's a non-starter."  I said, "Cool, I'll go inside and buy a lottery ticket then which is totally not gambling."  But we did concoct an idea outside Trader Joe's during Covid, and you can thank our idea for allowing to buy beer/wine now at 10am on Sundays instead of 12pm.  Every once in awhile, my goofy ideas pan out./csb

On 2/21/2024 at 9:56 AM, mininghorn88 said:

This is the coffee maker where I work. Without fail people will leave less than one cup of coffee in the pot, often time less than a cup in both pots combined. So if you want a cup then you have to finish off what is there and then wait for another pot to make.

It is not hard to make coffee. If you are depleting the volume in a pot to less than a cup, then simply remove the old grounds and filter and replace it before you walk away. No need to add water since it is hard plumbed in. The coffee can brew unattended and be ready for the next person.

image.thumb.jpeg.3742dce7ed4969a720c9138281b928eb.jpeg

I'm a big fan of Community Coffee in general, but that "Cafe Special" roast is absolute dog shit.  We have to use 2x bags per pot to get any kick at all at our office.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2024 at 9:54 AM, PvilleStang said:

Oh you wanted a receipt? Haha fuck you! Walk your ass in the store and the receipt 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Thirty minutes or less left in the work day and someone I've never heard of sends a Teams message just saying 'hey...'

Yeah, I'm not responding to you.  Dipshit.

Gets on my last nerve.  Just fucking say what you need.   ‘Greetings and go get fucked’ should be an acceptable professional response.

26 minutes ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Oh you wanted a receipt? Haha fuck you! Walk your ass in the store and the receipt 

Yeah, after being interrogated and asking you if you'd like a receipt, you wait for you gas to pump and then when it's finished you stand there waiting for the receipt they asked if you wanted and get told that you have to go stand in line and wait for the clerk to print it out.

Fuckers.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Gets on my last nerve.  Just fucking say what you need.   ‘Greetings and go get fucked’ should be an acceptable professional response.

I have noticed that most of the time when someone just sends a "hey" message and I ignore them, I never hear from them again.

• Haha 1

Cause we got a little convoy Rockin' through the night. Yeah, we got a little convoy, Ain't she a beautiful sight? Come on and join our convoy Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way. We gonna roll this truckin' convoy 'Cross the U-S-A. Convoy!

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

Cause we got a little convoy Rockin' through the night. Yeah, we got a little convoy, Ain't she a beautiful sight? Come on and join our convoy Ain't nothin' gonna get in our way. We gonna roll this truckin' convoy 'Cross the U-S-A. Convoy!

So we crashed the gate doin' 98, said let them truckers roll, 10-4!

• Like 2