Trivial things that make you surly

elfenix

Fucking retarded parents who want to move Halloween to another night cause it might rain.  This shit is so stupid.  Yes, the entire city is going to change their plans so your little fuck trophy can get free candy.

There is actual nextdoor discussions, and HOA board meetings happening to decide this crap where I live.

People that don't bus their trash at restaurants that are obviously places where you are supposed to clean your own shit.

This shit irks me to no end. And everything like that where people think they don't need to operate under the generally accepted guidelines of society.

Company-wide emails.  My place of business has a bad habbit of sending out stupid fucking emails to all employees, regardless if they need the info or not.  Our IT Helpdesk hired a new PM, and sent a company-wide email congratulating her on the new position, even though only 20% of the company would even give a shit.  And, if you're going to send a company-wide email, use a fucking shared mailbox.  Send it from "HR@..." or Communications, or Executive Office, or something not your own personal mailbox.  2/3rds of the people around here will never know who the fuck you are, and you come across as an egotistical prick when you send important shit from your mailbox like I'm supposed to know who the hell you are.

19 minutes ago, PvilleStang said:

Company-wide emails.  My place of business has a bad habbit of sending out stupid fucking emails to all employees, regardless if they need the info or not.  Our IT Helpdesk hired a new PM, and sent a company-wide email congratulating her on the new position, even though only 20% of the company would even give a shit.  And, if you're going to send a company-wide email, use a fucking shared mailbox.  Send it from "HR@..." or Communications, or Executive Office, or something not your own personal mailbox.  2/3rds of the people around here will never know who the fuck you are, and you come across as an egotistical prick when you send important shit from your mailbox like I'm supposed to know who the hell you are.

People who reply-all to an email that says "Please do not reply-all".

35 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

This shit irks me to no end. And everything like that where people think they don't need to operate under the generally accepted guidelines of society.

Why does society as a whole think that just because you went to a movie theater that it's okay to just toss all your trash on the floor.  I've got my kids trained to throw their trash in the garbage can that's always conveniently located right as you walk out. 

Trying to get a new battery in the car, something that had always been a pretty simple process in the past. Now my Ford Edge has my battery stashed way back so awkwardly and difficult to reach, intertwined with so much essential non-related hardware that must be first removed, that I would practically have to channel Goober Lindsey and disassemble the entire vehicle to get to it. I'll probably end up paying out the ass to have an overpriced battery installed and have it last only a couple of years, just beyond the weaksauce warranty batteries have these days.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DougO said:

Trying to get a new battery in the car, something that had always been a pretty simple process in the past. Now my Ford Edge has my battery stashed way back so awkwardly and difficult to reach, intertwined with so much essential non-related hardware that must be first removed, that I would practically have to channel Goober Lindsey and disassemble the entire vehicle to get to it. I'll probably end up paying out the ass to have an overpriced battery installed and have it last only a couple of years, just beyond the weaksauce warranty batteries have these days.

I worked as an oil change tech back in college (one of my 1,001 jobs during my 10 years as an undergrad on the 40 acres, actually); it always amazed me how easy it was to replace the filter on older model American cars and trucks compared to how hard it was to even find the damned thing on Hondas and Toyotas. And my arm was too big half the time, so I had to step aside and let the scrawny meth-addicted high school kid do it.

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

People that don't bus their trash at restaurants that are obviously places where you are supposed to clean your own shit.

Especially when kids are involved and make a mess and the parents let it be.  I’ll also include co-workers who leave their trash or unused napkins, utensils on the table.  

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I worked as an oil change tech back in college (one of my 1,001 jobs during my 10 years as an undergrad on the 40 acres, actually); it always amazed me how easy it was to replace the filter on older model American cars and trucks compared to how hard it was to even find the damned thing on Hondas and Toyotas. And my arm was too big half the time, so I had to step aside and let the scrawny meth-addicted high school kid do it.

Dang man, well done.  Got me beat by 3.

3 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

congrats Dr !

Do they even have HID headlights? Seems like last time I was casually shopping them they didn't. That's a must have for me.

Just halogen projectors. They haven’t updated it yet because they keep selling more and more every year. I think they had originally planned to refresh it a while back but, they keep selling like hotcakes.

19 hours ago, DougO said:

I had to work on a 1999 Plymouth Breeze once.  The battery access was through the driver's side fender well.  As in you had to turn the wheel all the way in order to half-ass get in there to remove the panel, or, take the whole wheel off.  Seriously?  What kind of meth-addled engineers did that?  "Oh shit Chuck, we filled up the whole engine compartment and forgot about the battery!!!"  "Oh ja, nevermind that, just stick it in ze wheel well.  Nobody will notice."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

I had to work on a 1999 Plymouth Breeze once.  The battery access was through the driver's side fender well.  As in you had to turn the wheel all the way in order to half-ass get in there to remove the panel, or, take the whole wheel off.  Seriously?  What kind of meth-addled engineers did that?  "Oh shit Chuck, we filled up the whole engine compartment and forgot about the battery!!!"  "Oh ja, nevermind that, just stick it in ze wheel well.  Nobody will notice."

Your first clue was the use of the word "engineer". They typically design, but don't turn a wrench.  

How about tying the high beam sensor to the odometer module. A $20 replacement plug and play part has just become a $1,200 DEALER ONLY repair. Thanks BMW........

Your first clue was the use of the word "engineer". They typically design, but don't turn a wrench.  
How about tying the high beam sensor to the odometer module. A $20 replacement plug and play part has just become a $1,200 DEALER ONLY repair. Thanks BMW........

Who’s the dumb one:
1. The guy that forces you to give his company $1200 instead of $20
2. The guy that buys a car where a $20 repair costs $1200

4 hours ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

1975 of so MG that my dad had. Battery was under the back seat. removed the back seat and there isn't enough room to pull the battery out. You have to get under the carand push up enough to let someone else pull it the rest of the way out

100_0044.JPG

I think the pic below is a Beetle, but basically the same

back-seat-up.jpg

Edited by Jameslaw121
  • Like 1

I don't understand how avoiding keyless leaves you with less shit in your pockets. My car with keyed ignition has the key + key fob, my car with keyless ignition has just the key fob. It's less shit in your pockets.

And mine also beeps if you leave it on but get out, then beeps more urgently 30 seconds or so later if you still haven't gotten the key fob back inside the car while it's running.

Edited by Texaskimo
clarity and shit, yo

On 10/30/2018 at 5:59 PM, DougO said:

What year?  Mine was easy enough to replace.   Having to remove the intake to get to the rear bank of spark plugs wasn't fun, but considering they lasted for so long, I'll take it.   

39 minutes ago, Nivek said:

What year?  Mine was easy enough to replace.   Having to remove the intake to get to the rear bank of spark plugs wasn't fun, but considering they lasted for so long, I'll take it.   

2015, which essentially the current design. Is it really that doable? I have been mulling it over. Not sure my arm is skinny enough to reach the negative post clamp way in the back, or if it will budge any without first removing it, or what else is behind there holding the battery in place. I have been unable to find a youtube video on it or even a Ford forum post for removing a battery from this model.

Edited by DougO

Not sure this is exclusive to Dallas drivers but I've noticed a lot more people in this city try to anticipate the snap count when they are in the lane that is waiting on me to clear before they can either turn right or left or go from a stop, either a stop sign or stop light. So I'm trying to complete my turn off a busy street and almost get t-boned because jackass is so itching to get going that they may try to go straight through my car. I call it anticipating the snap count because it's almost as if they're trying to guess the exact moment I'll clear their car's path and go ahead and start moving. So they're banking on nothing holding me up with completing my turn or getting through the intersection. 

23 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Not sure this is exclusive to Dallas drivers but I've noticed a lot more people in this city try to anticipate the snap count when they are in the lane that is waiting on me to clear before they can either turn right or left or go from a stop, either a stop sign or stop light. So I'm trying to complete my turn off a busy street and almost get t-boned because jackass is so itching to get going that they may try to go straight through my car. I call it anticipating the snap count because it's almost as if they're trying to guess the exact moment I'll clear their car's path and go ahead and start moving. So they're banking on nothing holding me up with completing my turn or getting through the intersection. 

yeah. our folks wait three more 'beats' then look at each other anxiously, while waving on the next driver.

People can be a little more expedient at intersections, if they just follow the law.

Instead it turns into 3 aggys arguing over Mensa questions. 

Trivial things that make me surly -

That every time I bite into something even mildly sweet, it's like needles into the teeth on the bottom right side of my mouth.  I've been to the dentist twice in the past 4 weeks and he swears to god there's no cavity or anything that should cause that sensation.

12 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Trivial things that make me surly -

That every time I bite into something even mildly sweet, it's like needles into the teeth on the bottom right side of my mouth.  I've been to the dentist twice in the past 4 weeks and he swears to god there's no cavity or anything that should cause that sensation.

Go see a neurologist. You might have trigeminal neuralgia.

People who have more than one campaign sign for the same candidate in their yard. Yeah, we get it, you really love Beto or Cruz a lot. You're not fooling anyone when you have them on the ends of your property line. We know that's not the neighbor's sign. 

Campaign signs in general. The local library that my kids love to go to looks like Times Square now due to all the campaign signs. Ready for this shit to be over.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pancho Negro said:

What is the point of switching lanes if there’s no one in front of you to pass, no exit ahead, and no cop coming up your ass?  Why do people just randomly switch with no justification? 

Either getting ready to exit or turn (not immediately but soon or unsure exactly how soon) or on their phone and drifting into the other line and then playing it off as an intentional lane change.