The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

20 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

For as pervasive as Q is, I am a little surprised and very gratified that no other prominent posters went off the deep into that bullshit. Ttom might even have the excuse of wet brain, if the stories I've heard are true. (Some from the man himself, but only at TOS and not IRL.)

There are a lot more posters on here that believe, in real life, in Qanon.  They just don't talk about it on here because they don't want to face the ridicule.  Their absence from Q-related posts, is NOT because they are worried about being talked out of it...they just don't want to deal with the insults.  

I have been pleading for a "safe" Qanon thread on this site for several months.  I don't want to talk them out of shit, and I'll keep my sarcasm in check, I am just fascinated by the belief system and nationwide headless network of it all.  I just wanna sit back, like it is on Texags, and just watch the theories fly around.  Nobody wants to spend their time on the actual Q websites, but I'd love it if we could get the couple dozen true believers on this site (they post among us everyday on all kinds of other topics) to openly chat with one another and just let us come along for the ride.  

Plus I also wanna learn more about how people get sucked in originally.  I have a few friends, neighbors, and relatives that I suspect are deep believers...but I don't wanna come right out and ask them.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

There are a lot more posters on here that believe, in real life, in Qanon.  They just don't talk about it on here because they don't want to face the ridicule.  Their absence from Q-related posts, is NOT because they are worried about being talked out of it...they just don't want to deal with the insults.  

I have been pleading for a "safe" Qanon thread on this site for several months.  I don't want to talk them out of shit, and I'll keep my sarcasm in check, I am just fascinated by the belief system and nationwide headless network of it all.  I just wanna sit back, like it is on Texags, and just watch the theories fly around.  Nobody wants to spend their time on the actual Q websites, but I'd love it if we could get the couple dozen true believers on this site (they post among us everyday on all kinds of other topics) to openly chat with one another and just let us come along for the ride.  

Plus I also wanna learn more about how people get sucked in originally.  I have a few friends, neighbors, and relatives that I suspect are deep believers...but I don't wanna come right out and ask them.  

200.gif

• Hook 'Em 7

It’s an addictive and dangerous drug to those susceptible. Giving the free reign here without calling them on their bullshit gives them another avenue for shilling. Shutting them down on fb, twitter, etc. wasn’t a political stunt... it HAD to be done.
  • Hook 'Em 6

Why do you think that?

I have been pleading for a "safe" Qanon thread on this site for several months.  I don't want to talk them out of shit, and I'll keep my sarcasm in check, I am just fascinated by the belief system and nationwide headless network of it all.  I just wanna sit back, like it is on Texags, and just watch the theories fly around. 

cc9a60220aee517e55890f9b518516a1.gif
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I didn't want to derail Pancho's Lafayette cop thread with my little white boy complaint, and it probably belongs here, anyway....Back around the end of October my 16-year-old daughter (no pics) and I were coming back from dinner in Freeport to my place near W. Columbia. As we were passing through the town of Brazoria, I told my daughter, "Make sure you never speed in little towns like this because they've got nothing better to do than pull you over."

And of course within 60 seconds I got lit up.

The cop -- DPS, not a local yokel -- told me I was going "a little fast" (no specifics) and asked for my papers, which I handed over.  Cop told he he was gonna run them through and said he was just gonna give me a warning if I was clean...Whatever. He also wanted to know where I was going and where I'd come from, etc., which was a little over the top. 

And then he starts asking my daughter a bunch of questions. How old is she? Am I her dad?  What's her name? 

And then he goes back to his car with my info and runs it through and comes back and starts in on my daughter again, and this time he asks her for ID. Again, I was driving. Why the fuck does he need to see her ID?

No,  didn't bitch or complain. I just wanted us to get on our way.

I truly believe this cop was a Q Nut with a badge who thought he'd busted some pedophile monster red-handed. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

4 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

And then he starts asking my daughter a bunch of questions. How old is she? Am I her dad?  What's her name? 

And then he goes back to his car with my info and runs it through and comes back and starts in on my daughter again, and this time he asks her for ID. Again, I was driving. Why the fuck does he need to see her ID?

I truly believe this cop was a Q Nut with a badge who thought he'd busted some pedophile monster red-handed. 

He's either a qnut (depending on the presence of a thin blue line or punisher sticker) or your run-of-the-mill bully/chud cop. That's wild that he questioned your daughter for you driving "a little fast". Smacks of a "papers please" dystopia

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I didn't want to derail Pancho's Lafayette cop thread with my little white boy complaint, and it probably belongs here, anyway....Back around the end of October my 16-year-old daughter (no pics) and I were coming back from dinner in Freeport to my place near W. Columbia. As we were passing through the town of Brazoria, I told my daughter, "Make sure you never speed in little towns like this because they've got nothing better to do than pull you over."
And of course within 60 seconds I got lit up.
The cop -- DPS, not a local yokel -- told me I was going "a little fast" (no specifics) and asked for my papers, which I handed over.  Cop told he he was gonna run them through and said he was just gonna give me a warning if I was clean...Whatever. He also wanted to know where I was going and where I'd come from, etc., which was a little over the top. 

It is never too late to make a complaint. You need a trail of ignored complaints for some future fucked over peep to have a puncher’s chance at Monell liability.

Always make a complaint. Not for you. For all of us.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Wasn't there some poll that said 30% of Trumpers/MAGA followers believe in Qanon?  Given our gender, racial, and geographic skew on Surly...I'd say about 35-40% of the Surly poster, on average, fits the Trumper/MAGA bill.  So a full third of them are likely Qanon subscribers.  Which, given the traffic of active posters and lurkers on here, means there's gotta be several dozen, if not in the low hundreds of Qanon users of this site.  

Don't recall if I've mentioned it here, however my M-i-L is a dumbass Qcumber in a slight way - she passes on every single thing that comes through her FB feed if it is anti Obama / Anti Biden, etc.

Genuinely believes Obama is a Muslim & therefore wasn't eligible to be PotUS. Genuinely believes Michelle Obama is a man. I haven't heard or seen her pass along anything about a secret Trump control of the gov't & military with a rolling date / goalpost movement of Trump being sworn in, but she is def. on board with all of the other nonsense.

Genuinely believes Biden is going to abdicate so Harris can become PotUS.  Swears the entire 06 March events were AntiFa... the "horn hat / face painter" guy is AntiFa: "He went to ALL of the BLM & AntiFa parades!"

They even have a Trumpy Bear & it sits in a high chair in the dining room corner.  Whenever I'm over & nobody is looking, I give the fucking inanimate object a few punches in the face.  Makes me feel quite good to do so.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

The cop -- DPS, not a local yokel --  He also wanted to know where I was going and where I'd come from, etc., which was a little over the top. 

...comes back and starts in on my daughter again, and this time he asks her for ID. Again, I was driving.

I have a friend who is a Lieutenant with DPS.  I will run this paragraph past him & ask if this seems normal.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Lobo said:

Everybody I know who has openly professed admiration for the Q batshittery, or has held beliefs that line up with the Q batshittery, has had some serious problems in their lives.  Employment issues, mental health issues, financial issues, familial issues, etc.

Now people like Flynn and Powell, I think they are just in it for the grift.  But I really think many of the people seriously into it have some kind of serious problems in their lives that they won't, or can't, fix.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Captainant said:

He's either a qnut (depending on the presence of a thin blue line or punisher sticker) or your run-of-the-mill bully/chud cop. That's wild that he questioned your daughter for you driving "a little fast". Smacks of a "papers please" dystopia

Don't overthink it.  The cop was interested in his daughter.  Watch him show up near her school.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Lurch said:

It’s an addictive and dangerous drug to those susceptible. Giving the free reign here without calling them on their bullshit gives them another avenue for shilling. Shutting them down on fb, twitter, etc. wasn’t a political stunt... it HAD to be done.

This.  For many people, it's taken on a cult-like following for them, and in the past, whether it was a full-on cult, or some batshit crazy conspiracy theory, the best medicine was to call these people on their bullshit early on, make them actually think about what they are believing. 

Yeah, sure, many may have buried their beliefs as a result of not wanting to be publicly shamed, and you can't save those folks, but the end result was that it was harder for them to spread their bullshit and batshittery.

Now?  They are given free social media platforms that not only allow them to spread their beliefs to millions and billions of people, those very same social media platforms work overtime to link them up with other people who share the same beliefs, which deepens their little echo chambers, and gives them that little feeling that they are right, and the sheeple can't see it.  And those social media platforms make it easier for the grifters to not only make money off of them, but to rev them up and get them to do stuff that is damaging to themselves or society.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

And those social media platforms make it easier for the grifters to not only make money off of them, but to rev them up and get them to do stuff that is damaging to themselves or society.

It's their business model to enable grifters to make money off of useful idiots. Facebook gets it kicked back in advertising dollars to rope in more dopes

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

For as pervasive as Q is, I am a little surprised and very gratified that no other prominent posters went off the deep into that bullshit. Ttom might even have the excuse of wet brain, if the stories I've heard are true. (Some from the man himself, but only at TOS and not IRL.)

So I don’t hit up the cr as often now when a racist shitbird isn’t in office. Just not as much fun. But Towards the end of 45’s shitbird cunt dickhead reign this board was way more jubilant and level headed while openly racist welcoming boards like Tiger droppings and Texags were apoplectic. Sadly I’ve kept reading them bc those fuckers be crazy and entertaining. 

as far as I can tell, they Claim the 1/6/21 stuff was all false flag or antifa or msm lies. Just surreal shit. Truly surreal to Read those boards and see how fucking crazy they are.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/7/2021 at 2:45 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

I did not expect belief in conspiracies to rise together with overall social engagement in various civic groups. That’s frightening

Yes

So many slipped into this hoax during the reelection campaign of Trump and during a pandemic. That's a black swan or worse. 

Covid can be a bear in the tight quarters upstairs.

For the gamers: 

Spoiler

Adult education and literacy need a boost. We are letting older Americans down when we knowingly let them be duped by a hoax. You owe it to your grand dad to let them know it was some dummie-dum-dum hoaxer who started this hoax and a lot of people were tricked into this hoax. But it was a hoax.

Those supporting trump latched on to anything that supported their illogical worldview. Prominently displayed on the end caps of grocery markets was fake news too good to be true. Except it wasn't old media like the national enquirer sigh UFO stories and people hitting it rich winning Publisher's Clearinghouse Sweepstakes.

This time - it was in social media. A market that allows some to doze off and put on autopilot when it comes to critical thinking skills. That allowed the virus hoaxers to take control of their reptilian brains they so conveniently left plugged in. 

Among other things the hoax included - an unlikely hero and:

• puzzles for those who like puzzles
  • fake espionage coding for the military cosplay community
  • horrific sexualization for the religious zealots
  • hero cops
  • crooked bureaucrats
  • National Security Drama for those who have seen too many spy movies, and
  • whispers, lots of whispers.

Embarrassment of dupes was the goal; a violent armed insurrection was the result

We need to improve adult literacy. 

Edited by washparkhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It is never too late to make a complaint. You need a trail of ignored complaints for some future fucked over peep to have a puncher’s chance at Monell liability.

Always make a complaint. Not for you. For all of us.
The thought of doing that terrifies me. Granted I grew up in Houston with early 90s HPD, but still.

White privelaged mid 40s male

13 hours ago, Lobo said:

Hell no on the safe space for QAnon.  Despite any morbid curiosity, the public interest is best served by limiting the venues for that sort of discussion as much as you can.  You look at TexAgs and TigerDroppings, they started those safe spaces and plenty of the other posters dismissed it as nuts and cranks.  But those threads blossomed, attracted more and more cranks and nuts, and eventually became pretty major nodes to disseminate that shit beyond people who had already gone down the rabbit hole and induct new devotees.  Even though those sites were far more likely to become/attract that, a lot of damage could have been avoided if a mod had simply allowed the Q-nuts to be mocked and sent back to hide in a darker corner of the internet. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Lobo said:

Wasn't there some poll that said 30% of Trumpers/MAGA followers believe in Qanon?  Given our gender, racial, and geographic skew on Surly...I'd say about 35-40% of the Surly poster, on average, fits the Trumper/MAGA bill.  So a full third of them are likely Qanon subscribers.  Which, given the traffic of active posters and lurkers on here, means there's gotta be several dozen, if not in the low hundreds of Qanon users of this site.  

Seems like a stretch. From what I’ve seen, Q people are like Crossfitters. They REALLY like talking about it.

aggy will not be ignored:

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/03/18/man-arrested-outside-vice-presidential-residence-lives-in-bryan/

Quote:
BRYAN, Texas (KBTX) - The man arrested near the U.S. Naval Observatory, the traditional home of the U.S. Vice President, on a weapons charge is a Bryan resident, according to public records.

Paul Murray, 31, was detained by the U.S. Secret Service and arrested by Washington D.C. police.
Metropolitan police said Paul Murray was held on charges that he carried a large-capacity ammunition-feeding device, a dangerous weapon, a rifle, and unregistered ammunition. A rifle and ammunition were recovered from his vehicle, according to police.

Murray was detained following an intelligence bulletin from Texas, D.C. police said in a statement. National media reports say College Station and Brazos County law enforcement alerted authorities that Murray was experiencing "paranoid delusions." Those reports cite documents that law enforcement sources characterized as internal, containing official information protected under medical privacy laws.
In a statement to KBTX, the Brazos County Sheriff's Office confirmed they interacted with Murray in the last two weeks at the request of his family due to his behavior. During that time, they say Murray did not commit a crime.

ABC News reports that according to sources, the suspect's mom called Capitol Police after he made statements that concerned her, though they weren't connected to the vice president or president. Those sources reportedly say the suspect was spotted on surveillance cameras near the Naval Observatory, and when Secret Service approached the suspect, he said he needed help and wondered if President Joe Biden could help him.

"There were no criminal violations found, but our agency continued to monitor the situation because of concerning behavior and statements, as well as, information that Murray may have been in possession of weapons," the statement read. "Deputies, working with the family and health care providers to obtain a mental health evaluation, received information that Murray may have been traveling to Washington D.C. We communicated that information with our local and federal partners, in an effort to ensure the safety of all involved."

College Station police say Murray is not a suspect in any crime or ongoing investigation. CSPD would not confirm whether they had contact with Murray in the past, citing department policy and best practices.

Online records indicate that Murray was previously enrolled at Texas A&M University as a graduate student. Texas A&M officials confirmed Wednesday evening that he is not enrolled this semester.

Vice President Kamala Harris is not currently living at the Naval Observatory as it undergoes renovations.

Well, I may not subscribe to Qanon, but this Jew space laser thing seems legit.

On 3/8/2021 at 11:05 PM, achooloco said:

So I don’t hit up the cr as often now when a racist shitbird isn’t in office. Just not as much fun. But Towards the end of 45’s shitbird cunt dickhead reign this board was way more jubilant and level headed while openly racist welcoming boards like Tiger droppings and Texags were apoplectic. Sadly I’ve kept reading them bc those fuckers be crazy and entertaining. 

as far as I can tell, they Claim the 1/6/21 stuff was all false flag or antifa or msm lies. Just surreal shit. Truly surreal to Read those boards and see how fucking crazy they are.

TTom told us he was there with a ton of patriots to stop the steal and in a few weeks/months he'll probably be back to tell us it was actually all antifa and he was secretly trying to infiltrate them to stop it.

1 hour ago, Satchel said:

National media reports say College Station and Brazos County law enforcement alerted authorities that Murray was experiencing "paranoid delusions."

Well no shit, that's a requirement for admission to A&M, isn't it?

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Well, I made the mistake of starting the HBO docuseries on Q to watch as I fell asleep.

I WILL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN. THESE FUCKERS ARE INSANE.

I have devoted a time greater than zero, but very little more than that to reading about Qanon. I am okay with staying out of that rabbit hole, but apparently we have a pretty sizable percentage of our fellow citizens who dove right into it and never came back to reality. 

4 hours ago, Bookman said:

Wow, A&M has a graduate school?

In my field, it's literally for Aggies who somehow fell through the cracks of TEH AGGY SUPPROT NETWERK and somehow couldn't find a job.  Seriously, one of the requirements for admission is an undergrad degree from A&M.