The Batshit Insane QAnon Conspiracy Theory

Hugo Stiglitz

8 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It was a common troll/recurring joke on 4chan for someone to claim to be an insider. There were dozens of similar claimants before Q, but this one was given life, probably coordinated to further the joke.

This is my read too, it's a 4chan meme that got co-opted by a political movement. When you frame it that way, it's at least slightly more understandable how things went down the way they did

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

This is my read too, it's a 4chan meme that got co-opted by a political movement. When you frame it that way, it's at least slightly more understandable how things went down the way they did

12 minutes ago, Lurch said:

It was a common troll/recurring joke on 4chan for someone to claim to be an insider. There were dozens of similar claimants before Q, but this one was given life, probably coordinated to further the joke.

It basically came down to three people manage to spam it out to the greater internet at large, otherwise it would have died on the vine, like a million other 4chan jokes.

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We really should be coming up with something along the lines of qanon to grift the fuck out of TexAgs.

I thought texags WAS the grift? A conspiracy that they've won dozens of championships and that a BOMC is keeping aggy down? Lines up pretty well lol

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:22 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

For fans of the HBO series: an interview with the director is here.

(Great podcast, BTW, as mentioned a few times upthread. If you want to take a deeper dive after seeing the series,  there is no better place.)

Just wanted bump this podcast link. If you enjoyed the documentary, this shouldn’t be missed.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I don’t remember exactly, but I believe he was opposed to them.

They certainly are thick on the ground these days; shame. After enduring a year of pandemic that has saddened and sickened the world, we could be experiencing a renaissance of sorts as the pent up energy and creativity is released and social gatherings resume. But no, it's going to be the Dark Ages for us and we'll like it and ask for more. Sad.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I would think they would encourage that type of behavior. Also, are Twitter links not showing up normally for anyone else?

"Wood, a prominent Georgia lawyer, was speaking at the Health and Freedom Convention in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He told the crowd that former President Donald Trump had won the 2020 election and was still president."

"Wood spoke about people worshiping Satan and said "millions" of children had disappeared around the world.

The QAnon conspiracy theory posits that there is an international cabal of Satanists who abduct children and its members include prominent businessmen and politicians.

He told the audience that there was a "battle between good and evil" and went on to discuss his belief in the role that God would play in it.

"It would end permanently until the Bible says it will because every word in the Bible is true," Wood said. "But we're getting ready to go through the second harvest. There's gonna be a revival in America."

https://www.newsweek.com/lin-woods-qanon-gesture-sends-audience-wild-during-oklahoma-conference-1584390

48 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Wood, a prominent Georgia lawyer, was speaking at the Health and Freedom Convention in Tulsa, Oklahoma. He told the crowd that former President Donald Trump had won the 2020 election and was still president."

"Wood spoke about people worshiping Satan and said "millions" of children had disappeared around the world.

The QAnon conspiracy theory posits that there is an international cabal of Satanists who abduct children and its members include prominent businessmen and politicians.

He told the audience that there was a "battle between good and evil" and went on to discuss his belief in the role that God would play in it.

"It would end permanently until the Bible says it will because every word in the Bible is true," Wood said. "But we're getting ready to go through the second harvest. There's gonna be a revival in America."

https://www.newsweek.com/lin-woods-qanon-gesture-sends-audience-wild-during-oklahoma-conference-1584390

Totally normal. 

There are lots of Q theories about the death of Prince Phillip.

1. He died on the ninth of April at age 99. So: 999, which upside down is 666

2. He'd really has been dead for years -- this dude who just died was a double.

3. A Q drop on April 9, 2020, used the word "Scot-free." Prince Phillip was the Duke of Edinburgh, which is in Scotland. A year after that drop, Phillip became "free" of his body.

4. His adrenochrome re-up was on that ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal. Huge if true!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

3. A Q drop on April 9, 2020, used the word "Scot-free." Prince Phillip was the Duke of Edinburgh, which is in Scotland. A year after that drop, Phillip became "free" of his body.
4. His adrenochrome re-up was on that ship that got stuck in the Suez Canal. Huge if true!

The human race is a failed experiment.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

55 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

best one lmao

I'm attributing any elite/political death the rest of the year to the Ever Given (which hast taketh away) 

Edited by cam4mav
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

What percentage of Q theories are really dumbasses who believe in it, and what percentage are trolls?  Serious question...I know no one has the exact breakdown, but I sure would feel a lot better if most of them were trolls with nothing better to do.

3 hours ago, shakahorn said:

What percentage of Q theories are really dumbasses who believe in it, and what percentage are trolls?  Serious question...I know no one has the exact breakdown, but I sure would feel a lot better if most of them were trolls with nothing better to do.

I would bet pranksters came up with all four of those theories about the Prince.

The kids are all right and paying attention, but the rest of us better wake the hell up; article about elections nationwide with Q cultists getting into local government. After that, many will run for higher office. Ask yourself this: if the ERCOT screwup was bad enough, do you want a Q believer as one of the TCEQ commissioners? (I don't know if that's possible, just tossing out an example)

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

AN ATTACK!!!!

I just realized that if the number wasn't widely available, then Lindell was CENSORING/SCREENING the calls & by hanging up on the caller, he CANCELED him.

That's not very FRANK, now is it? That's actually something a sneaky conspirator would do. WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!

Q should discuss this in a drop. Maybe two drops.

41 minutes ago, Genco said:

These dipshits aren't competent enough to host an episode of Raw Time circa 1997.

I saw better call-in show hosting on Austin access in the late 80s.  The Sex Hotline, Ask Livia Live -- MUCH higher-quality hosts and productions.

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I saw better call-in show hosting on Austin access in the late 80s.  The Sex Hotline, Ask Livia Live -- MUCH higher-quality hosts and productions.

hqdefault.jpg

Plus you occasionally saw titties, which the my pillow guy would never condone....unless they were Trump's.

China and Russia played significant role in promoting QAnon conspiracy theory, study claims

China and Russia are among the foreign actors amplifying online disinformation rooted in QAnon conspiracy theories in the US, according to a new report published Monday.

Analysis by The Soufan Center, a New York-based research firm with a focus on national security threats, concludes that QAnon beliefs constitute a mounting domestic terrorism threat.

International adversaries are seeking to sow further societal discord and division among Americans and compromise legitimate political processes by encouraging online dissemination of the theories, the report asserts.

QAnon conspiracy theories centre around a belief that senior Democrats and Hollywood stars are part of a child-eating, Satan-worshipping, sex trafficking cult that runs the US government.

The report sets out how QAnon conspiracy theories foster “a process of radicalisation and violence similar to that fueling other violent extremist movements”.

It draws similarities to some of the beliefs that created a hospitable environment for al-Qaeda and ISIS.

As the QAnon movement continues to evolve, the report warns that it has the potential to “exploit widespread societal grievances to incite more acts of violence in the future”.

The report cites the radicalisation of people in online echo chambers by false narratives, who may then be inspired by other attacks, such as the violent insurrection on 6 January at the US Capitol. During the storming of Congress, many QAnon signs and flags were evident in the crowd.

On top of that, the report specifically notes that racially and ethnically motivated violent extremists, including white supremacists, are actively seeking to recruit QAnon followers to expand their influence — often using antisemitism as a gateway.

“The national security and broader policy implications of the sustained influence of QAnon conspiracy theories are profound,” says Naureen Chowdhury Fink, executive director of The Soufan Center.

“As such, addressing this challenge will require a joined-up response from the US government, private sector, civil society organisations, and others in countering the spread of QAnon-related conspiracy theories, and greater investment in preventing and countering terrorism at both government and local levels.”

The research was conducted with Limbik, a company that uses AI and predictive modelling to analyse and counter weaponised information online.

The report also identifies how the QAnon movement has received support through “intense amplification efforts” of multiple external actors.

“Our data collection and analysis has demonstrated that QAnon has been weaponised by America’s adversaries,” says Zach Schwitzky, founder of Limbik.

“Actors from Russia, China, Iran, and Saudi Arabia have all entered the fray amplifying QAnon messaging, most likely as a means to sow further discord and division among the American population.”

Soufan Center report link

9 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

hqdefault.jpg

I'll never forget the time some guy called in to her show to ask advice on how to deal with his Dallas Cowboys boyfriend who wanted to stay on the down low.  She told him to fuck like a stallion and collect those checks.  I was sad when she moved to LA.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

reseda.jpg

“I drowned them,” she said, claiming she did so “softly.” She added, “I hugged them and I kissed them and I was apologizing the whole time.”

“Do I wish that I didn’t have to do that? Yes,” Carrillo said. “But I prefer them not being tortured and abused on a regular basis for the rest of their lives.”

Well, this movement has officially jumped the shark.  Murders her own children to save them from the MAQa Nation.  

Well done Trumpers, well done...

15 hours ago, Captainant said:

The ChiComms and Russkies may have amplified the crazy, but make no mistake: we did this to ourselves by neutering the value of a public education over the last 50 years. If you're looking for people with legitimate critical thinking skills, don't look in the good ol' U.S. of A.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 4

I encountered a crazy Q loon two months or so before the election.  I was at a Murdoch’s ranch supply store.  A woman, probably in her mid 40s, and her 5 kids were getting out of a really old, rusted out suburban, which had pro Trump and Q shit all over the windows in shoe polish.   A giant Q over the passenger side windshield, save the children, come on sheeple, etc...  We kind of crossed paths going into the store, me with my mask and her and her gaggle predictably maskless.  They all wore dirty clothes and their shirts screamed for as much attention as their vehicle.  Proud To Be An American!  Back The Blue!  Home Of The Free Because Of The Brave!

I had a pretty visceral reaction to them.  I spent some time watching her, and she seemed a little off.  Eyes crazed, barking at her kids, making sure to look forcefully at anyone she passed as if to tempt an engagement.  I prepared myself mentally for there to be some sort of confrontation in the store.  

Eventually our paths diverged, and I picked out what I needed.  I kind of forgot about them until our paths crossed again at the register.  Mommy, can I have this?  Her daughter held up a Kit Kat.  NO!  The woman slapped her daughters hand, not viciously but hard enough to knock the candy to the floor.  I picked it up and put it back on the rack for the girl.  She looked at me blankly, as if unsure how to process a random act of kindness.  I smiled, then she smiled, while her mom frustratedly dealt with having to find her wallet in her purse.  I remember hoping the girl might have a chance to avoid the madness that had taken hold in her mother.

And that was it, they eventually paid out and left, I did the same, and we went our separate ways.  I had totally forgot about the incident until reading the story above, and...  I don’t know.  I guess I just hope those kids are ok.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

reseda.jpg

“I drowned them,” she said, claiming she did so “softly.” She added, “I hugged them and I kissed them and I was apologizing the whole time.”

“Do I wish that I didn’t have to do that? Yes,” Carrillo said. “But I prefer them not being tortured and abused on a regular basis for the rest of their lives.”

This is one of the reasons Michael Flynn being involved is so damn scary. He knows EXACTLY what this is doing. Lin Wood is the mouthpiece but Flynn has kept this alive post election for a very specific targeted reason. Those children were 'collateral damage' to him in a completely different war he is fighting. Let that sink in about the true nature of a death cult. We know this, but I suspect most of America has a very hard time coming to grips with that.

• Hook 'Em 2