2019 Alamo Bowl: Texas vs. #11 Utah - Pregame Discussion Thread

texifornia

14 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

A reminder of how thin we will be at WR next season.  

I mean the argument could be made that the talent is inexperienced but there’s plenty of it. I think WR is probably 8th or 9th on the list of things we should worry about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Istian said:

I mean the argument could be made that the talent is inexperienced but there’s plenty of it. I think WR is probably 8th or 9th on the list of things we should worry about. 

LB: losing our only productive LB in McCullough, bunch of JAGs like Mitchell and Adeoye return (see Ossai as DE next yr)

Center: replacing 4-yr starter with a dude who has never played C and is notorious for low snaps in Rafiti Ghirmai

25 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

A reminder of how thin we will be at WR next season.  

Eagles, Washington, maybe Josh Moore, Smith... Woodard, Epps, Lewis... Whatever WRs are ready as true freshman. Maybe a portal opens too...

Our skill positions are fine on O

Edited by Zavala

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

LB: losing our only productive LB in McCullough, bunch of JAGs like Mitchell and Adeoye return (see Ossai as DE next yr)

Center: replacing 4-yr starter with a dude who has never played C and is notorious for low snaps in Rafiti Ghirmai

Lulz. You try so desperately hard to create issues that don’t exist. Ghirmai is not slated to be the starting center next year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cajun said:

My first thought when I read that.

we do seem to have cornered the market on holding no-calls.

And maybe a reluctance to call DPI as well. 

I was curious to see if OU's DBs would get away with all of that interference against LSU with non-B12 refs, but unfortunately for the Sooners, their DBs were never close enough to LSU's receivers for it to ever become an issue.

Edited by utee94
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, utee94 said:

And maybe a reluctance to call DPI as well. 

I was curious to see if OU's DBs would get away with all of that interference against LSU with non-B12 refs, but unfortunately for the Sooners, their DBs were never close enough to LSU's receivers for it to ever become an issue.

True dat.

No moral victory, nothin like that but thank goodness LSU wasn't able to make Texas their prison bitch the way they did ou.

Delicious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cajun said:

True dat.

No moral victory, nothin like that but thank goodness LSU wasn't able to make Texas their prison bitch the way they did ou.

Delicious.

Indeed.  If we'd play the Tigers at the end of the season I feel like it would have been pretty ugly, though.  Not only did they improve a lot over the season, but we got worse with seemingly every passing week.

Here's hoping for a big bounce-back today!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Indeed.  If we'd play the Tigers at the end of the season I feel like it would have been pretty ugly, though.  Not only did they improve a lot over the season, but we got worse with seemingly every passing week.

Here's hoping for a big bounce-back today!

Timing is everything.

Unless you're from Oklahoma.

Then it's the reverse.

• immamac locked and unlocked this topic
  • immamac locked this topic