Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

8 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I feel sorry for y'all, I'm more conservative (it sucks that these days I have to clarify that I mean actually conservative, i.e. classical liberalism, not Republican but everyone here understands that) than my dad is.

The only thing we've argued about this election is I've been harping on him about not voting until Election Day. That's his tradition and he's not going to change. But at least I got him to commit to voting before work instead of after.

I've had the discussion with my dad and multiple relatives, about how I'm more of an actual conservative in areas than they are, while they are a Republican, and they've convinced themselves that Republicans/Trump are actually conservative, and it drives me nuts at times.  I get that they won't get the whole libertarian thing, and I also get why they don't understand why I'm willing to lean left in certain areas when it comes to the government in order to improve society, but it's annoying as fuck that they just accept that Trump and Mitch = Republican = conservative.

And my dad tried to tell me how we don't need term limits, we just need to vote people out who have been in office for several terms/years.  I told him that's why I was voting for MJ, and all of the sudden term limits weren't important.

They've formally turned against Fauci, with the White House releasing a statement to CNN tonight

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/politics/white-house-fauci-trump-atlas-pandemic-response/index.html

The White House on Saturday unleashed on Dr. Anthony Fauci, the country's leading infectious disease expert, following his comments to the Washington Post that criticized the Trump administration's response to the pandemic, including Dr. Scott Atlas, who the President has relied on for advice on handling the coronavirus. 

"It's unacceptable and breaking with all norms for Dr. Fauci, a senior member of the President's Coronavirus Taskforce and someone who has praised President (Donald) Trump's actions throughout this pandemic, to choose three days before an election to play politics," White House deputy press secretary Judd Deere said in a statement to CNN on Saturday evening. 

Deere took issue with Fauci's comments where the doctor seemingly praises Democratic nominee Joe Biden's campaign. Fauci told the Post that the Democratic nominee's campaign "is taking it seriously from a public health perspective." While Trump, Fauci said, is "looking at it from a different perspective." He said that perspective was "the economy and reopening the country," according to the Post. 

"As a member of the Task Force, Dr. Fauci has a duty to express concerns or push for a change in strategy, but he's not done that, instead choosing to criticize the President in the media and make his political leanings known by praising the President's opponent— exactly what the American people have come to expect from The Swamp," Deere said.

Keep it up White House - we just had our worst week as far as number of cases this past week.  Not going to help you on Tuesday at all.

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Did I miss this yesterday? I haven't been getting as many emails as I used to, praise be, but the cult is going to get fleeced via the Gold's Gym method of permanent membership:

LOL...  read the small print, idiots(Trumpers), oh wait, most can't read...  carry on. 

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

According to my sources. 

"My sources are telling me that a lot of people are saying that this is tremendous news."

Honestly, a fucking bot couldn't have come up with a more simplistic vocabulary and set of go-to phrases.  My toddler's toys have a wider array of sentences.  

Y'all remember Bobby Moynihan's character on SNL's Weekend Update-Anthony Crispino.  He did it for most of the 2010's on the show.  He was this Tri-State guy who would attempt to recant the week's news back to the anchor but it was all third-hand accounts of stuff that got the basic gist right, but all the details wrong.  And then whenever the anchor would call him on the details or the way he mispronounced a word, Anthony Crispino would look to his sides and behind him and say something like, "Well, that's what I heard.  A lot of people are saying it's true, so ya' know Seth..."  

Trump is what a real life President Anthony Crispino would be like.  The man with access to the greatest trove of reliable news, intelligence, and data instead broadcasts to the free world whatever random shit pops into his head and then attempts to legitimize it with "I dunno, a lot of people are saying it's true."  

Edited by Lobo

7 minutes ago, Left Coast said:

Making people get stuck in needless traffic jams and pissing them off definitely seems like a winning election strategy to me.

It's not an election strategy.  It's a warning.  The election doesn't matter to them.  They will exert their will, through force, regardless of the outcome.  In fact, losing the election will only make them exert their will more violently, because in their minds, it is impossible for Trump to lose for any reason other than fraud by the other side.  It is impossible for them to even conceive of a majority of voters supporting another candidate.

Thus, Trump defeat = massive fraud = reason for violent resistance.

There is no winning for this country.  Either Trump wins, and we lose, or Trump loses, and we lose at the violent hand of his Brown Shirts.  Who, by the way, will be supported by local law enforcement, which has taken to their role of Brown Shirt Enablers and Protectors with great enthusiasm in many places.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It's not an election strategy.  It's a warning.  The election doesn't matter to them.  They will exert their will, through force, regardless of the outcome.  In fact, losing the election will only make them exert their will more violently, because in their minds, it is impossible for Trump to lose for any reason other than fraud by the other side.  It is impossible for them to even conceive of a majority of voters supporting another candidate.

Thus, Trump defeat = massive fraud = reason for violent resistance.

There is no winning for this country.  Either Trump wins, and we lose, or Trump loses, and we lose at the violent hand of his Brown Shirts.  Who, by the way, will be supported by local law enforcement, which has taken to their role of Brown Shirt Enablers and Protectors with great enthusiasm in many places.

I guess I’ve seen these freeway blocking moves too many times living here in SoCal to make the jump from”annoying assholes” to “brown shirts”. In the last year here in LA the following groups have spontaneously shut down freeways: Armenians, BLM, motorcycle gangs, dumbshits doing burnouts in their Fast and the Furious wannabe Honda Civics, etc etc etc.

it’s fucking annoying and aside from getting attention, doesn’t help “the cause”, whatever the cause may be.

1 minute ago, Left Coast said:

I guess I’ve seen these freeway blocking moves too many times living here in SoCal to make the jump from”annoying assholes” to “brown shirts”. In the last year here in LA the following groups have spontaneously shut down freeways: Armenians, BLM, motorcycle gangs, dumbshits doing burnouts in their Fast and the Furious wannabe Honda Civics, etc etc etc.

it’s fucking annoying and aside from getting attention, doesn’t help “the cause”, whatever the cause may be.

Oh, the freeway blocking assholery is pretty garden-variety.  But these folks aren't "protesting" anything.  It's a show of force.  That's all that it is.  Flexing muscle, and warning the "enemies of the state" that they're ready to act.  See the iteration of this bullshit here in Texas this week, with the Biden campaign bus.

See the bodies being carted out of an El Paso Wal-Mart.

The Brown Shirts are following the playbook.  It will get worse.