Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

The most prolific one ion my feed has spent the past few days railing on the stimulus bill. The pork, the negligible amount of actual help it provides Americans, and constant imploring for a veto. I’m confident he’ll be back at it after New Years and in time to lament the downfall of the US on 1/7. 

Chad Fuck--------Speaking of baking for Christmas or just being silent.  My cousin over in Hays County, she's like a big sister to me/fun aunt to my kids...just called my wife the other day to finally coordinate a socially distant Christmas gathering in our backyard (just drop off gifts for the girls on the patio, have 2 drinks outside, and back in the car). 

She apologized to the wife for having been radio silent for weeks, she's just now getting over a deep depression she has been in.  Wife was really worried so she probed a bit, seasonal depression, health issues, economic stuff?  Nope.  She diagnosed herself as being in deep depression because she hadn't gotten over Trump losing.  She finally came to terms with it this week and was getting back out and about and was going to HEB to pickup snacks for Christmas and called my wife.  Apparently, she was holed up at home (and they were not folks to stay home during Covid-19...they went on a fucking brewery tour the day after her youngest daughter tested Covid positive), called in sick to work a lot, let the housework go, etc.  I felt bad for her, but 99% of this shit is in her head.  But thankfully, she's back to her chipper and super active self again, so I guess in a weird way, Rudy Guiliani and Sidney Powell being legit fucking insane kinda cured my cousin's depression.  She finally looked at the election overturn effort of this all-star team of psychiatric fuckups, and decided it was over, Biden had won, and it was time to celebrate the holidays with loved ones again.  Thanks Kraken! 

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

The most prolific one ion my feed has spent the past few days railing on the stimulus bill. The pork, the negligible amount of actual help it provides Americans, and constant imploring for a veto. I’m confident he’ll be back at it after New Years and in time to lament the downfall of the US on 1/7. 

Oh, they're all on the "look how much this helps foreigners, but not Americans!" train, with their citations of hundreds of millions in foreign aid.   In an omnibus spending bill (that is, NOT just COVID relief bill).  In a bill that contains 1.4 TRILLION in spending......they are griping about.....about a billion of it.  So, 1/1,400th or so of the total.

It's not about facts, logic, or reasoning.  It never, ever is.  Trumpkins have a violent allergic reaction to such things.  Just find the needle in the haystack that allows them to latch onto one of their go-to security blankets (in this case, xenophobia, those gotdamn furriners!....even though US foreign aid isn't a charity business, it is a naked influence-buying business that allows the US to preserve the very global hegemony and power that they cite as evidence of our clear superiority as the GREATEST NATION EVER).

TLDR: they're stupid people who latch on to stupid things because everything they do is stupid.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

With that $1200, a married couple could pay their $750 tax liability for the year and have $450 left over for 'steak and ketchup' night.  

Edited by Lobo

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

With that $1200, a married couple could pay their $750 tax liability for the year and have $450 left over for 'steak and ketchup' night.  

You know, I don't think I'm comfortable with your judgment of how married couples spice up their sex life.  That's what we're talking about, right?

11 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Would you be a fanboy of Trump for 1 million dollars? SURE!!!!

Would you be a fanboy of Trump for $2,000? NO! WHAT DO YOU THINK I AM A WHORE?

We've established that, I assumed we were haggling over price.

I’m high end. 

I wonder what would happen if they gave every American 1 million dollars one year.  Ignoring the logistics of the government having, printing, or borrowing that amount of money, but just an experiment where everyone magically gets 1 million added to one of their bank accounts. How would that affect prices, job markets, and other things?  

im also curious how different people would choose to use their windfall. 

or can I just ask a Kuwaiti citizen?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I’m high end. 

I wonder what would happen if they gave every American 1 million dollars one year.  Ignoring the logistics of the government having, printing, or borrowing that amount of money, but just an experiment where everyone magically gets 1 million added to one of their bank accounts. How would that affect prices, job markets, and other things?  

im also curious how different people would choose to use their windfall. 

If you could put little digital tracking devices on each digital dollar, you could watch it all eventually flow right back into Bezos bank account. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

He’s being a snarky, political class asshole. I’m just interested in it as a social experiment. 

sure ted, sure . . . but seriously:

• A lot of debt would be retired, which would interrupt streams of income relied on by Mailbox Trust Funders. 
  • We would see demand-pull inflation* with a $1 Million transfer to every American. (*"too many dollars chasing too few goods.")
  • With $1M in the bank, we might see labor shortages, which will increase our reliance on imports (an economic vulnerability). 
  • Asset inflation, most certainly.
  • Inflation anticipation (increase prices in anticipation of inflation)
  • And we would likely have cost-push inflation, which is difficult to control. 

On the other hand:

• We would see a substantial improvement in deaths of despair. 

17 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If you could put little digital tracking devices on each digital dollar, you could watch it all eventually flow right back into Bezos bank account. 

If you get a million dollars with a digital tracking device, keep an eye out for an Operator, name of Anton Chigurh.  He'll be looking for it, friend-o.  

It's funny that people think that the purpose of Trump's statement yesterday was anything other than to fuck over Mitch. 

That said, he may have given the GOP an opportunity here to distance itself from him in a way that steals a good portion of his loyalists from him. Doubt they will take advantage of this the way they should but the opening is there. 

1 hour ago, washparkhorn said:

It that you Ted? 

This dipshit (Cruz) is the worst at the Twitter machine. Shit, it’s so unfunny it’s painful. I’m picturing his shit eating grin as he types “lattes” and then goes back and adds “soy.” Owning the Libs! 

Edited by 956 Worldwide

Yeah, considering 2/3rds of every congressional district has some military instillation or defense contractor inside of it...this should be easiest veto override in years.  

I'm sure it'll be comforting to those millions of families of DoD or contractor personnel this Christmas to suddenly have a huge question mark put on their 2021 income situation, so that a handful of illiterate Trump supporters in Alabama can still have Fort Rucker!  

Fun fact, Trump is likely going to leave office with just 8-10 vetoes.  Fewest of any full one-term President since Arthur back in the 1880s.  Despite half his term serving opposite his much maligned Nancy Pelosi and liberal House of Reps.  Further proof that the man doesn't FUCKING READ!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

We just think housing prices in Austin are high.

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

We just think housing prices in Austin are high.

Yeah I would assume the people already well enough off to own property, even if mortgaged, and other assets, would end up much better off than those that would try to use their money to acquire assets, as hyperinflation hits immediately.   The rich would get richer, the poor would benefit but not as much.  Retiring debt and rising wages from a depleted workforce being the best benefits, but would they be offset by the rising cost of everything?

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

It's funny that people think that the purpose of Trump's statement yesterday was anything other than to fuck over Mitch. 

That said, he may have given the GOP an opportunity here to distance itself from him in a way that steals a good portion of his loyalists from him. Doubt they will take advantage of this the way they should but the opening is there. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by moodman

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Yeah I know it's a cult of his personality but the opening is there.

No it's not.

I really don't understand how y'all don't grasp that you are dealing with a cult, not a political party.  Stop treating it like a political party.  Stop.  Your thinking is insanity, utterly at odds with the plain reality.

There is no GOP anymore.  The body has been completely occupied and taken over by the parasite.

cf14414cc8ce8a5e691b2a77dc4e3918.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

They can’t go over the edge with him, and they can’t win without the support of his people.  Walking the line isn’t working, he’s just painting them all with the broad brush of disloyalty. 
All you Biden voters, you did this.  Hopefully the benefits echo for several elections. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1