Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Trump is quick, but a complete narcissistic dumb ass. Joe used to be quick, smart, and diplomatic. Now he gets lost in simple conversations.
So that makes them pretty even individually. But Biden will be surrounded by competent patriotic (we can hope) staff.
This will be exploited by Trump and the right. (I guess it already is, I don't watch Fox)
I wish Biden hadn't committed to picking a female as a running mate. I think Sanders would unite the party and as is still very sharp.

I am getting hung up on the description that Trump is quick. A squirrel is quick, it is still (comparatively) an idiot. Trump jibber jabbers because his executive functions have been outsourced to Moscow.

It is why he gets in over his head on every subject he talks about. The virus, the treatments, air craft carrier catapult systems, the economy, everything.
He is so stupid he interrupts, cannot grasp concepts, refuses to learn, and defaults back to his stupid self-interruption to focus on inanities while serious shit is happening. Tossing paper towels at people thinking it was a game.

He can only focus on one thing, graft.
  • Like 5

This is something to pay attention to. We don’t just live in a country that has a fascist state TV network....we live in a country led by a psychotic narcissist who thinks that the fascist state TV network isn’t fascist and loyal ENOUGH, so he touts an even WORSE network.

If this regime doesn’t end in bloodshed, we’re pathetic and deserve the fucking we’re getting.

You want to make a hit squad? When is our meeting? I am a definite maybe for showing up and being sober.

Glad you are sitting on your ass and watching TV.  Anything else going on that would require attention?

Fox is just following the script and prepping for a loss and then trying to pimp the next R that comes along while distancing themselves from this clown.

14 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

Trump has lied and conned his whole life and gotten away with it. He’s doing it now too. He and the GOP deserve each other. They’re made out of the same cloth and all in on it!

And we will all fail because of it. The failure of America. I kind of wish it would have been an actual war instead of us flushing ourselves down the toilet. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I just don’t see how a person with any common sense supports this idiot / conman / crook ?

A Trump supporter posted an article in which the author (incorrectly) based his thesis on the psychological studies of Jonathan Haigt. The article ended up being a "conservatives good/liberals bad" garbage piece, but it did get me into reading about Haigt,  and I followed links and leads to other opinions.

My conclusion, based on an afternoon of surfing the internet, is that Trump supporters at this point are authoritarians who are now lost in tribal psychology.

• Like 4

This is something to pay attention to. We don’t just live in a country that has a fascist state TV network....we live in a country led by a psychotic narcissist who thinks that the fascist state TV network isn’t fascist and loyal ENOUGH, so he touts an even WORSE network.

If this regime doesn’t end in bloodshed, we’re pathetic and deserve the fucking we’re getting.

My brother-in-law works by the courthouse in a small town just upstate from New York City. He says the local toughs show up for the criminal trials-they’re wannabes doing the dirty work for the real dealers in New York. He sees them show up to court all cocky, on cell phones texting. They come out all the same, scared and crying for mama.

We need perp walks like we were seeing before Barr became AG. Trump has buffers, so I think the best we’ll get is a quick JoePa exit or him exiled abroad like Edward Snowden.

Violence against this government will not benefit the people or democracy. The threat of a military or secret service mutiny to preserve democracy might be the closest we want to come.

2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

And we will all fail because of it. The failure of America. I kind of wish it would have been an actual war instead of us flushing ourselves down the toilet. 

This is the way the world ends
Not with a bang but a whimper.

• Like 1

Absurd that it wasn't included in his impeachment. 

There’ve too many impeachable offenses. Trump would muddy them all up. So the democrats made a tactical decision to focus on a single matter where there was the most evidence they had access to. It was like when the Feds went after Capone for tax evasion. Except all the Untouchables got fired in this case.

Keeping track of the scandals is tough. Here’s the latest stats:

4 Nixons
5 Ollie Norths
8 Libby Scooters
56 Paula Jones’
13,218 Andrew Johnsons
357 Ulysses S Grant/Warren B Harding/Andrew Jackson trifectas
16 Joe Bidens
4,226 Howard Deans
1,213 Keating Fives
204 Hecka of Job Brownies
22,123 Gitmos
845 David Dukes
and at least one John Edwards, that is so clear cut that his lawyer served jail time for it.

Did I miss any?

There’ve too many impeachable offenses. Trump would muddy them all up. So the democrats made a tactical decision to focus on a single matter where there was the most evidence they had access to. It was like when the Feds went after Capone for tax evasion. Except all the Untouchables got fired in this case.

Keeping track of the scandals is tough. Here’s the latest stats:

4 Nixons
5 Ollie Norths
8 Libby Scooters
56 Paula Jones’
13,218 Andrew Johnsons
357 Ulysses S Grant/Warren B Harding/Andrew Jackson trifectas
16 Joe Bidens
4,226 Howard Deans
1,213 Keating Fives
204 Hecka of Job Brownies
22,123 Gitmos
845 David Dukes
and at least one John Edwards, that is so clear cut that his lawyer served jail time for it.

Did I miss any?

This is like a terrible no good Trumpian version of “The 12 Days of Christmas”.

Eight hundred and forty FIIIIIIIIIIIVEEEEEEEE David Duuuuuuukes
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2020 at 10:41 PM, markstanco said:

I'll play.

Racists: because msnbc told you to think that. Unbelievable.

Pedophile: holy shit dude Hillary and Bill and Jeffery epstein is screaming for you to back down on that comment. But let me guess..you are cool with Jeffery. Show me a post you made where you denounce him and I will digress. Just ONE post. If you can I will acknowledge it. If not, well, you know who you are and what you stand for.

eat my corn filled crap you racist loving pedophile protecting piece of shit. lets summarize: you can't and still won't defend nuking hurricanes or windmills cause cancer, which is what started this all because you thought you were above simple jack by pointing out biden had trouble with providing an answer. biden does have issues but you still can't see the glaring bullshit in your orange turd god king so fuck you, you racist "but i have a black friend" shit goblin. 

who the fuck was talking about epstein? goddamn you are retarded. your dumb fuck self doesn't understand correlation /= causation but here you are sucking trumps tiny dick like a fucking moron cause of a fucking non-existent stock market. why the fuck do i have to talk about epstein? there is a 52 page thread where where i'm pretty sure i said he sucks ass, feel free to find it, you the racist bitch so you look for it. but just to be safe, here, epstein is a piece of shit just like you and your family and he, trump, and anyone else who protected epstein sucks ass. happy? how the fuck does that have anything to do with trump protecting pedophiles today?

Lets see who you stand for: a racist traitor just like you who is destroying this country cause "mah stock market!" eat a bag of dicks you fucking idiot.

Edited by achooloco
edit: hit save too soon.
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, achooloco said:

eat shit you racist loving pedophile protecting piece of shit. lets summarize: you can't and still won't defend nuking hurricanes or windmills cause cancer, which is what started this all because you thought you were above simple jack by pointing out biden had trouble with providing an answer. biden does have issues but you still can't see the glaring bullshit in your orange turd god king so fuck you, you racist "but i have a black friend" shit goblin. who the fuck was talking about epstein? goddamn you are retarded. your dumb fuck self doesn't understand correlation /= causation but here you are sucking trumps tiny dick like a fucking moron. why the fuck do i have to 

Well hell, finish it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/10/2020 at 11:27 PM, ChiTownDoc said:

I actually agree he's not a racist.  He's a textbook narcissist.  If white people antagonized him and all the blacks loved him, he'd have no trouble hating the shit out of every white human being out there.  He only cares about himself.  That's why I've said if Jerry Sandusky heaped praise on the dipshit, he'd have a really hard time not paying the pedo fuck back with some beautiful tremendous complements. 

it's possible to be racist against non blacks...hello "mexico only sends over rapists and murders"

edit: leaving it but should have said it's possible to be racist against people/americans who aren't African Americans, for example his line about mexican immigrants. but seeing now it was covered up thread.

Edited by achooloco
  • Fuck You 1

Peter Navarro is now identical to a shifty drug dealer who wants you to hang out in his apartment post purchase to limit the in and out traffic that the neighbors might be watching.  The next half hour will be spent listening to him continue to up sell the weed that you already bought and just want to take home.  When he starts to talk about his aquarium you have to jingle your keys and head for the door.  I gotta jet, P-Nav.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so he trashes fox news saturday afternoon, preferring oann instead, then takes a break from oann to call in to fox news?

Cool Cool Cool GIF by memecandy

It's basically the plot to Mean Girls. We're currently at the point where Cady (oan) is flirting with Regina's (fox) boyfriend (dotus) and they start backstabbing each other.

I'm looking forward to the part when the burn book is released and all hell breaks loose when we see all the duplicitous shit this administration has been up to.

Lastly, 

Mean Girls Movie GIF by filmeditor

Edited by Grade of D as in David
  • Like 1

Pretty amazing how it's the media's fault, China's, the WHO, Congress, governors, Obama, Biden... basically everyone, except the guy who ignored everything and told America to not worry and that it will go away soon and it's totally cool to go to work with the virus. Weird. 

• Like 4

Absolutely brutal.  Long article; I won't copy the whole thing here.  But honestly, will a single poster with a hard on for Trump defend this one paragraph out of all:

So as states across the country pleaded for equipment from the national stockpile, Trump made sure his friends and wanna-be friends were taken care of first. Florida, a state that is vital to Trump’s 2020 hopes, submitted a request on March 11th for 430,000 surgical masks, 180,000 N95 respirators, 82,000 face shields, and 238,000 gloves, among other supplies — and received a shipment with everything three days later. And just in case it wasn’t clear how much Trump loved Floridians, the state received a second, identical shipment on March 23rd. Oklahoma, a fossil-fuel-friendly state that is home to a number of big Trump campaign donors, received 120,000 face shields despite requesting only 16,000. Meanwhile, in Obama’s home state of Illinois, officials were forced to do a $3.5 million deal in a McDonald’s parking lot to secure a supply of N95 masks.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-features/trump-president-coronavirus-plague-982150/?fbclid=IwAR2m2QvTeT70wt_22T4tdHYZvoUXUF0y-gdBa0o62w3secJmC67SeWngyGo

While Americans died of the modern plague, President Trump sang happy birthday to a fading Fox News personality. On March 7th, a who’s who of the Republican establishment gathered at Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s lavish retreat in Florida, for the 51st-birthday party of Kimberly Guilfoyle, one of the former co-hosts of The Five, and now the girlfriend of Donald J. Trump Jr. All the usual suspects were there, including Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani and Sen. Lindsey Graham; Tiffany Trump; Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner; and Trump’s younger son Eric and his wife, Lara. They sang happy birthday to Guilfoyle and lit a big sparkler. At the end, she pumped her fist and shouted “Four more years!” This is what passes for a cozy family celebration in Trumpland. But out in the real world, darkness was falling fast.

There were already 100,000 confirmed cases of COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, around the world, and 3,600 people had died. In the U.S., more than 100 new cases had been reported that day, a rate that was doubling every three days. Other nations knew how serious this was: By that time, China had shut down major cities, all but quarantining 760 million people. Singapore and Hong Kong and South Korea had put in aggressive travel restrictions and testing procedures. In the U.S., fear was rising. South By Southwest, the giant music/tech conference in Austin had just been canceled. Grocery stores were stripped in panic buying. On Wall Street, stocks were in free fall.

Trump knew all this. In fact, he knew a lot more. He had been getting daily intelligence reports for two months, warning him about the risk of a pandemic. It’s impossible to believe he had not been told that COVID-19 was at least 10 times more deadly than the flu, or that it was passed human to human with a just touch or a cough. A top White House adviser had already warned that a full-blown pandemic could imperil the lives of millions of Americans. Virtually every public-health expert in the world was speaking out, warning politicians and community leaders what was about to hit us.

Spoiler

Nevertheless, since the moment the outbreak was first publicized in January, Trump had been doing nothing but downplaying it. To him, the pandemic was merely another plot to sabotage him. “They’re trying to scare everybody . . . cancel the meetings, close the schools — you know, destroy the country,” he told his guests that weekend. “And that’s OK, as long as we can win the election.”

Before the party, Trump played a round of golf. Then he had dinner at Mar-a-Lago with populist, right-wing Brazilian president Jair Bolsonaro, one of the few people in the world who can challenge Trump as the king of coronavirus denial. (Bolsonaro dismissed the illness as “a little flu.”) In what you might call God’s cruel little joke, three of Bolsonaro’s aides who attended the dinner would later test positive for the coronavirus. At least one other person who was at Mar-a-Lago also tested positive, as did Miami Mayor Francis Suarez, who met with Bolsonaro at a different event in Miami.

It was a Trump-branded petri dish that night. Guests danced in a “Trump Train” conga line to Gloria Estefan’s “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You.” They mingled and shook hands and hugged. There was no social distancing — according to one guest, there was not even any hand sanitizer around. So the coronavirus was there all night too, lingering on doorknobs, glasses, silverware, and seeking a meaty new host to infect with every hug and handshake. Epidemiologists may never know how many people got sick as a result of spending those few hours at Mar-a-Lago, or how many of them took the virus home to their friends and families, or passed it on to strangers they bumped into at airports.

What’s stunning about this is not the degree to which Trump — a self-confessed germophobe who often douses himself with hand sanitizer after a handshake — put himself at risk. By hosting this party, he also put his friends and his family at risk. It’s a chilling glimpse into the psyche of the president of the United States, a man who has demonstrated, over and over, that he thinks science is a church for losers and that there isn’t any predicament he can’t bully or con his way out of. When the full story of this pandemic is written, it will be clear that Trump not only failed in protecting 329 million Americans from a deadly virus but that he even failed to protect his own sons and daughters.

As I write this, the coronavirus is raging around the planet. Globally, the number of people infected with it has risen to more than 1.8 million, with 110,000 deaths. We are riding the terrible curve of exponential growth — in New York right now, which is a hot spot for the spread of the virus, the number of cases is doubling every three days. As of April 9th, nearly 800 people in the city were dying each day. A report by top disease-modeling experts in London suggested that left unchecked, 7 billion people on the planet would be infected with the virus, leading to as many as 40 million deaths.

The pandemic has already fundamentally changed virtually everything about modern life. The streets are eerily empty, we keep our distance from strangers, we worry that every cough is a harbinger of disease.

How bad this will get, and how we will weather the dark days ahead, is impossible to say. But we are deep enough into this pandemic now to see a few things clearly. The first is that President Trump has profoundly failed in his primary role: to keep America safe. The pandemic is not his creation, but as president of the United States, it was his job to make sure that we were prepared to deal with this before it happened, and then to react quickly when it did happen. After all, getting hit with a bad pandemic is not exactly a black-swan event. Virtually every public-health official in the world was openly warning of an outbreak for more than a decade. In 2005, President George W. Bush cautioned, “If we wait for a pandemic to appear, it will be too late to prepare.” During the presidential transition in early 2017, Obama’s national security team spent a full day with the Trump team, briefing them on the most pressing national security issues — including the threat of a pandemic. They even left the Trump team a 69-page book detailing what they had learned in viral outbreaks. In January 2019, the director of U.S. National Intelligence warned that the United States was vulnerable to the next flu pandemic and that it “could lead to massive rates of death” and “severely affect the world economy.”

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Pretty amazing how it's the media's fault, China's, the WHO, Congress, governors, Obama, Biden... basically everyone, except the guy who ignored everything and told America to not worry and that it will go away soon and it's totally cool to go to work with the virus. Weird. 

Dude.  He kind of shut down travel from China and taught us we have nothing to lose from self-medicating with unproven treatments. What more could the Leader of the Free World be expected to do?

Dude.  He kind of shut down travel from China and taught us we have nothing to lose from self-medicating with unproven treatments. What more could the Leader of the Free World be expected to do?

I mean...this is literally the worst case scenario of the Trump timeline.

Sure, I hate and was scared of Trump being elected because of basic competence failures, corruption, normalizing juvenile cruelty - all of the everyday stuff we’ve come to expect from the Trump world.

But what I worried about the most was the crisis. Another Cuban missile crisis, another 9/11...that sort of thing.

But this...this was worse than my imagination let me fear. This will kill tens of thousands more than 9/11...it will kill more than Vietnam. And it will send the world into the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression. And we are led by....literally the least competent, least empathetic, psychotically self-absorbed narcissist, who doesn’t care at all about anyone or anything other than himself.

We have managed to perfectly coordinate 1) the greatest crisis in generations with 2) our lowest ability to handle a crisis. It’s as if we stripped off all of our clothes, wearing as little as possible as we locked ourselves outside....the same day that the blizzard of the century hit. It’s -10 outside, we’re completely naked, and the guy with the key to the house and all of our clothes is sitting inside, yammering about how warm we all are, and we should be thanking him.

We were going to be fucked when COVID came along. Our hubris and stupid choices have ensured that we are fucked to the 10th power.

• Like 6