Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Trump thinking antibiotics treat viruses should disqualify him during this pandemic. He’s simply too stupid to be in charge of anything. 

He has been disqualified for any job he has done since the mid 90s.  The real problem is that nearly half of Americans think he knows what he is doing. Even Trump knows he isn't qualified to deal with a pandemic.  All the ratings talk is deflection. 

Edited by FondrenRoad

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Tell me about your post on guns to Mexico from Obama and how you were against it. Oh, no post? Expected.

Tell me how that affected you one little fucking bit.  Did that cause you to lay off 40% of your fire retardant coverall workforce during the highest rig count in the last 20 years?

Edited by Fudge Nuggets
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Tell me how that affected you one little fucking bit.  Did that cause you to lay off 40% of your fire retardant coverall workforce during the highest rig count in the last 20 years?

It didn't affect him. Just like it didn't affect him when Dubya was carrying out the same policy before. But back in the fall of 2011 the drum beat of outrage over Fast and Furious rang out every hour on the hour on Fox News and Fox News Radio so the hamsters became thoroughly conditioned. I know because I witnessed it firsthand while I drove my dad to Nebraska (and back) to check out the new member of the conference. Seriously. Every hour on the hour. A steady drip, drip, drip to mold weak minds. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It didn't affect him. Just like it didn't affect him when Dubya was carrying out the same policy before. But back in the fall of 2011 the drum beat of outrage over Fast and Furious rang out every hour on the hour on Fox News and Fox News Radio so the hamsters became thoroughly conditioned. I know because I witnessed it firsthand while I drove my dad to Nebraska (and back) to check out the new member of the conference. Seriously. Every hour on the hour. A steady drip, drip, drip to mold weak minds. 

Yeah, it was kind of rhetorical and shit.

9 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I actually agree he's not a racist.  He's a textbook narcissist.  If white people antagonized him and all the blacks loved him, he'd have no trouble hating the shit out of every white human being out there.  He only cares about himself.  That's why I've said if Jerry Sandusky heaped praise on the dipshit, he'd have a really hard time not paying the pedo fuck back with some beautiful tremendous complements. 

um, Donald Trump is a racist.  yes, he has a mental illness - mental illness that is severe and debilitating enough that he should have been institutionalized a long time ago - but he is absolutely a racist as well.

and every one of his supporters and defenders are perfectly fine with racism - at best - by virtue of their support.

A large portion of the American populace is extremely susceptible to propaganda. 63,000,000 Americans voted for a corrupt, immoral, incompetent failed businessman to become President of the United States, and all it took was someone willing to research what they wanted to hear and then to say it over and over. And to this day they love him for it.

It's an absolute shame was has become of the Republican Party. Texas will turn blue as a direct result of electing Donald Trump, and in twenty years if the Republican Party has any strength at all it will be because the Democratic Party has splintered.

Edited by Bookman
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bookman said:

A large portion of the American populace is extremely susceptible to propaganda. 63,000,000 Americans voted for a corrupt, immoral, incompetent failed businessman to become President of the United States, and all it took was someone willing to research what they wanted to hear and then to say it over and over. And to this day they love him for it.

It's an absolute shame was has become of the Republican Party. Texas will turn blue as a direct result of electing Donald Trump, and in twenty years if the Republican Party has any strength at all it will be because the Democratic Party has splintered.

The GOP,  as currently constituted, needs to become a fringe party of nutbags akin to the Green Party or many Libertarians (who make it a fringe party).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The GOP,  as currently constituted, needs to become a fringe party of nutbags akin to the Green Party or many Libertarians (who make it a fringe party).

That will never happen as long as the GOP is one of two options on the ballot.

14 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yes he lies and we should elect Joe Biden for president because he is so fit to be the president not only today, but 4 years from now when he will be way smarter than today. Tell me about your post on guns to Mexico from Obama and how you were against it. Oh, no post? Expected.

Vote for Joe. He is so on top of getting this country going in the right direction. Lol.

But Obama!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I love the health angle . . . as if Joe Biden's cognitive capacity is somehow lesser than that of Donald Trump.

Yeah, no.

Trump is quick, but a complete narcissistic dumb ass. Joe used to be quick, smart, and diplomatic. Now he gets lost in simple conversations.

So that makes them pretty even individually. But Biden will be surrounded by competent patriotic (we can hope) staff.

This will be exploited by Trump and the right. (I guess it already is, I don't watch Fox)

I wish Biden hadn't committed to picking a female as a running mate. I think Sanders would unite the party and as is still very sharp.

Edited by JohnnyRage
  • Like 1

SIAP,

https://www.npr.org/2020/04/10/832076074/white-house-seeks-to-lower-farmworker-pay-to-help-agriculture-industry?fbclid=IwAR1AMWZdJAJYs7kb6H-WXgWYjAVofkZgei2lYk_a_ETgejh0SdoYSTpg1T8

"White House Seeks To Lower Farmworker Pay To Help Agriculture Industry..."

So my limited understanding is that they want to put a ceiling limit on what visa holding immigrants can earn to help the 'land owners'.

Edited by JohnnyRage

6 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

um, Donald Trump is a racist.  yes, he has a mental illness - mental illness that is severe and debilitating enough that he should have been institutionalized a long time ago - but he is absolutely a racist as well.

and every one of his supporters and defenders are perfectly fine with racism - at best - by virtue of their support.

Not buying it.  He fits DSM to a T for narcissistic personality disorder.  He is only able to care about himself.  We can all agree...He acts racist all the damn time.  That’s because in general colored folks dislike him - raises hand.  

The difference between him and an actual racist is if every black person in America was heaping praise on him, there is no fucking way in hell they would not be his favorite people. A true racist would kill themselves or some black folks. Talk to any psychiatrist and find one that disagrees.  Love to see it...

But I’ll agree I am really getting in the weeds for no reason, if it quacks like a duck...

I just had to pull out my DSM knowledge buried deep down somewhere.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

But I’ll agree I am really getting in the weeds for no reason, if it quacks like a duck...

here’s the thing - if you consistently say racist things, act in a racist manner, and happily cozy up to racist people and groups - you are a racist.  see, e.g, Donald Trump

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

The difference between him and an actual racist is if every black person in America was heaping praise on him, there is no fucking way in hell they would not be his favorite people.

Doesn't mean he'd let one marry his daughter. He'll use anybody. 

Trump is a racist but as a narcissistic sociopath he's worse than that. He's a race of one and considers everyone else beneath him. He's an orange supremacist. 

• Like 8

Just now, Jack Straw said:

here’s the thing - if you consistently say racist things, act in a racist manner, and happily cozy up to racist people and groups - you are a racist.  see, e.g, Donald Trump

if white supremacists think you're a white supremacist, then what's the difference?

if racists think you're a racist, then what's the difference?

when asked, pelosi and others (way back when) said, "well, i don't know what's in his heart."  who gives a fuck.  words, actions ,and behavior > what's in your heart (also unknowable)

I think the point is this:
Trump is a racist but as a narcissistic sociopath he's worse than that. He's a race of one and considers everyone else beneath him. He's an orange supremacist. 

He doesn’t have any overriding belief about black people etc. The only race he really believes in is the Trump race. Everyone else lives to be exploited and used by the Trump race. That’s it. It’s Trump, and then everyone else.
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Yes. Exactly. 

24 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Yep I said I was mincing words.  But WhatTheBuck nailed it.  

But he's a billionaire.  He doesn't need bailouts.  Bootstraps and all that.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200411/coronavirus-florida-trump-asks-about-rent-on-his-west-palm-beach-golf-club

Just after 4 p.m. on March 25, Ed Raymundo, finance director at Mar-a-Lago and Trump International Golf Club in West Palm Beach, sent an email to Palm Beach County’s real estate management department. The note asked how the county intended to handle the $88,338 monthly rent that the Trump Organization pays the county to lease the land where President Trump built his favorite golf club in Florida.

Gov. Ron DeSantis had already ordered restaurants and bars to close as the coronavirus pandemic escalated, meaning Trump and the club’s members would no longer relax in the bar and restaurant overlooking the pristine 27-hole golf course.

In the days that followed the club’s coronavirus closure, county officials and attorneys pored over lease agreements Trump finally signed in 1996, and 2002, after a long and controversial lawsuit over the land. The 99-year lease agreement required Trump to make monthly payments that had increased over the years to $54,534 for the main 18-hold golf course, and $33,804 for the smaller, nine hole course.

The agreements contain a provision commonly seen in contracts called force majeure. The Latin term means an unforeseeable action that prevents someone from fulfilling a contract, like the lease agreement the Trump Organization has with the county.

Force majuere provisions typically include acts of God such as hurricanes or floods. But neither of the contracts between the county and the Trump Organization include force majuere provisions that cover pandemics.

The Trump Organization has not asked the county to defer its rent payment on the golf course land. But the question of whether the pandemic could be considered an act of God is particularly crucial given that Trump, in his role as president, is ultimately in charge of calling for an economic shutdown and, conversely, would be the one to end the nationwide business closures.

“This is a highly unusual situation because you may have the tenant who is seeking relief in charge of protecting against the events upon which that tenant is complaining,” said West Palm Beach attorney Michael Gelfand, former chair of the Florida Bar’s Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section and a fellow of the American College of Real Estate lawyers.

“There are so many permutations to this,” Gelfand said. “It’s a law school exam question.”

37 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20200411/coronavirus-florida-trump-asks-about-rent-on-his-west-palm-beach-golf-club

This is a prime example of why we have the emoluments clause that for some reason is being unenforced.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, markstanco said:

Yes he lies and we should elect Joe Biden for president because he is so fit to be the president not only today, but 4 years from now when he will be way smarter than today. Tell me about your post on guns to Mexico from Obama and how you were against it. Oh, no post? Expected.

Vote for Joe. He is so on top of getting this country going in the right direction. Lol.

So how’s business going? Still record hiring thanks to trump?

This is something to pay attention to. We don’t just live in a country that has a fascist state TV network....we live in a country led by a psychotic narcissist who thinks that the fascist state TV network isn’t fascist and loyal ENOUGH, so he touts an even WORSE network.

If this regime doesn’t end in bloodshed, we’re pathetic and deserve the fucking we’re getting.
  • Like 2

It's amusing that he's such a massive titty baby in need of constant need of positive feedback that he can't even watch Fox anymore because they might be forced to report the actual reality of the situation. So of course, off to the place that sucks him off the whole time, OANN. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Nah.  Even if there were force majeure clauses that were triggered by a pandemic or emergency declaration, they would excuse performance by both sides.  Meaning no rent and also no golf course.  Such clauses would not excuse payment of rent while also permitting the lessee to continue to use the property.  At least not anything conventionally known as a force majeure clause.

And, paying a million dollars a year on a 99-year lease for a golf course is bad fucking business.  This is why modern country clubs are in the sticks and the ones on valuable property are 50-100 years old.  Good job Donald.  Time to file another 11 to bail your dumb ass out of another stupid deal.

Finally, these issues would be arising whether Donald owned it, it was in a blind trust, or George Soros owned the golf course.  Soros wouldn't be this stupid, though.

Edited by TwiceHorn