Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I should have been more specific.  The Feds should say they are going to start leaking details of all the shady shit they find in those high value accounts.

My only point is that DB doesn't seem to be being uncooperative, which would make sense because they are trying to avoid getting shithammered by all kinds of authorities for money laundering and other shenanigans not specific to Trump.

I think I figured out the origin of the FDA tweet. Yesterday Trump was probably yelling at staffers about how he needs a vaccine before the election. Hell, Putin has one, we should have a vaccine.

Then he was told the FDA can’t approve a vaccine until the trials are completed. Once he found out he can’t make the FDA abandon its scientific process - he then tries to blame them, the deep state, whoever for not getting a vaccine out to the people. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

No, see, here's where you're wrong. Stormy said she doesn't like sharks and wouldn't donate to save them. But he clearly says he won't donate to the "Save THE Shark" fund. There's only one especially assholish shark he doesn't want saving.

Also:

Edited by bolverk
Under God

I'm a couple of pages behind so this idea may well have been explored already, but to integrate @henrygandorf's point about Trump's opposition to mail-in voting because the timing of it makes it impossible for him to "thread the needle" and @Ghost of LL 's point about the racist chicken and the racist egg dilemma that is the Republican party (were they always this racist, or did something change?) I think it all comes back to social media.

I tried and failed to find a poignant infographic I recall that showed the threading of the needle involved in the Brexit vote, but it basically showed that there's was only barely enough support for it right in the immediate run up to the vote itself (like a couple of days only - a real sliver of time) and then support plummeted again immediately after the vote. 

Part of how that was thought to have worked was through micro targeting of propaganda on social media, a strategy/crime which obviously can't be replicated with mail-in voting because it relies on getting the social media echo chamber humming along at peak capacity and efficiency at exactly the right time. 

And the echo chamber aspect helps answer GoLL's question in the sense that while the underlying racism among Republicans probably hasn't changed much over time, social media has made it easier for like-minded people to find each other and provide the perception of support for each other's shitty ideas, which then continue to amplify, snowball, etc. 

A similar phenomenon drove the "Satanic Panic" and the general "child kidnappers/murderers lurk around every corner" concern that swept the nation back in the '80s when the national/24-hour media apparatus supplanted the more locally-focused media that had previously been the standard. The rate of bad shit happening to kids wasn't any higher then, it's just that the awareness and familiarity with these types of stories increased (stories went national that would have previously stayed more local), leading to the incorrect conclusion that these things were on the rise. Same thing for the racists, etc., today... 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

uh...no. gotta start thinning the freezer now so i’ll have room for fresh kills.

Last year, I didn't shoot a single duck.  First season in 35+ years.  Was a tough year, didn't get outside nearly as much as I like.  Gonna cure that this year.

Got a lot of venison left, we're working on thinning it out, going to add to it in a coupla months.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Flip the script and have a President Hillary in the WH in 2020, the religious loonies would be proclaiming that coronavirus, hurt economies and dual hurricanes are signs that God is telling us to remove Hillary from office.  Of course I’m sure some of them are interpreting this as a reason to keep Trump.

Don't forget the fires out West. 

13 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I'm a couple of pages behind so this idea may well have been explored already, but to integrate @henrygandorf's point about Trump's opposition to mail-in voting because the timing of it makes it impossible for him to "thread the needle" and @Ghost of LL 's point about the racist chicken and the racist egg dilemma that is the Republican party (were they always this racist, or did something change?)

Both parties were racist until the 1960's Civil Rights Movement. The Dixiecrats bailed on LBJ and started embracing the GOP and Nixon.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

I tried and failed to find a poignant infographic I recall that showed the threading of the needle involved in the Brexit vote, but it basically showed that there's was only barely enough support for it right in the immediate run up to the vote itself (like a couple of days only - a real sliver of time) and then support plummeted again immediately after the vote. 

Part of how that was thought to have worked was through micro targeting of propaganda on social media, a strategy/crime which obviously can't be replicated with mail-in voting because it relies on getting the social media echo chamber humming along at peak capacity and efficiency at exactly the right time. 

And the echo chamber aspect helps answer GoLL's question in the sense that while the underlying racism among Republicans probably hasn't changed much over time, social media has made it easier for like-minded people to find each other and provide the perception of support for each other's shitty ideas, which then continue to amplify, snowball, etc. 

I think the micro targeting angle is an important aspect of Trump winning in those Midwestern states. We now have confirmed evidence that he was happy black turnout was low in them. We also know that the Russian troll farm was using the BLM movement to discourage Black participation in the vote. And we know that Manafort was sharing campaign data with a Russian agent. What this tells me is that was a critical element in the strategy to elect him being able to win in 2016.

On the issue of racism withing the Republican Party that was discussed up-thread, I didn't see anyone mention the migration of the racist Dixiecrats over to the GOP as part of what eventually radicalized their base. Prior to the passage of the Civil Rights amendment, both the Democratic Party and the Republican Party had conservative racist factions. But, in my opinion, it was the invitation to them by the GOP through the Southern Strategy that was the beginning of the process to where now those Dixiecrats and their fellow travelers, the conspiratorial John Birchers, have managed to thoroughly take over the GOP and truly began to manifest itself with the rise of talk radio (including the nutcase conspiracy theorists) using Newt Gingrich's tactics. Remember, the migration of conservative Democrats to the Republican Party, like Rick Perry, was still playing out until the 1990s.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Irieguy said:

I reached a new level of fatigue awhile ago. I used to look up his lies to verify that they were lies. Now I don’t even care enough to google the “removing God” from the pledge claim, I just assume it’s a lie. This is why I can’t imagine that anything he says will have a major impact before the election. It’s all just white noise to everybody except people that are already voting for him.

Yup. A billion dollars is going to be spent on ads, social media etc... between now and the election and I doubt any of it will have any real impact. People's minds are made up. 

If you look at the last four years and say "I want four more years of THIS"  then you can't be reached.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Red Five said:

Having children chant in monotone voices a pledge of allegiance to a flag is probably the creepiest "normal" thing we do in this country. 

I didn’t do it once bc my 7th grade history teacher wasn’t in the room. He came in towards the end and saw I didn’t do it so it made me recite it by myself in front of the class. 

16 minutes ago, Pasken said:

I didn’t do it once bc my 7th grade history teacher wasn’t in the room. He came in towards the end and saw I didn’t do it so it made me recite it by myself in front of the class.

I must say I'm at a loss as to what this pledge of allegiance is. They didn't have us do it in high school when I moved here so is it only some recital for very young children?

13 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

When this stupid motherfucker loses we need to turn him over to Russia.  They know how to handle people who fail their country.  

We may not have much say in the matter.  He may flee to Russia after losing.  And if DOTUS has failed anyone, it's not Russia.

6 minutes ago, Wanker Bob said:

I must say I'm at a loss as to what this pledge of allegiance is. They didn't have us do it in high school when I moved here so is it only some recital for very young children?

When I was a young kid in elementary school at the tail end of the 1970s, we did it. I hardly remember ever reciting the pledge in middle or high school during the 1980s. When I taught HS for a single year in the early to mid-1990s at the same high school I attended, it had become compulsory at the beginning of the day. It's my understanding now that kids not only have to pledge allegiance to the American flag but also the Texas one. The latter of which I grew up not knowing even existing.

2 minutes ago, 27-25 said:

We may not have much say in the matter.  He may flee to Russia after losing.  And if DOTUS has failed anyone, it's not Russia.

They don't like losers over there.  Whether they helped him or not - he will have lost.  If he thinks they'll offer shelter for him after they have no use for him, he's even dumber than I thought. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They don't like losers over there.  Whether they helped him or not - he will have lost.  If he thinks they'll offer shelter for him after they have no use for him, he's even dumber than I thought. 

Maybe JYNA! or the Norks will take him in.

Trump will have until about this time next summer to freely travel around after he leaves office and speak, do business, etc.  After that, General James of New York will begin her legal battle with him.  At which time Trump will permanently settle at Mar-a-Lago or one of his other Florida properties (likely float around between all of them).  Governor DeSantis will make it so that no agents appearing on behalf of the New York Attorney General can serve Trump anywhere in the State of Florida.  Eventually that protection will end but not before Trump dies of natural causes sometime in 2022.  

Last year, I didn't shoot a single duck.  First season in 35+ years.  Was a tough year, didn't get outside nearly as much as I like.  Gonna cure that this year.
Got a lot of venison left, we're working on thinning it out, going to add to it in a coupla months.

you and i and Pescado gotta cure that duck issue...

26 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

They may take him in, but then they will invite him for tea. If the tea doesn't work, then they will show him the pretty view from the open window.

you and i and Pescado gotta cure that duck issue...

18 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Saw George Brett at Arthur Bryant’s about 5 years ago. Seeing him drunk off his ass almost made up for the shitty BBQ.

Oh yeah - as a local wtf was he doing there?  I was in KC for 4 years, and yes, the few times I saw him, he was absolutely shithammered.  Oklahoma Joe's was the best, by a mile.  I think it's just Joe's now.  Smart marketing move...

George Brett is everything good and right in America...he’s America personified. played 3rd...pine tarred his bat because why not?...winked when it was done...chewed Levi and CottonBol...shits his pants 2 to 3 times a year...short hair.

he transcends political leanings, and i honestly don’t give a fuck what anyone says.

i want George Brett to deliver my eulogy...with a big wad of terbacky tucked in cheek. i don’t want him to say fuck all about me...i simply want him to tell stories about his time in MLB.

long live George Brett, long love Crash Davis, long live every good and wise and salty and funny motherfucker in America.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Does the Joe's BBQ fit the category of KC style? It's probably Texas BBQ blasphemy to even bring this up, but I grew up on a style of bbq that was more KC style (I think) with beef ribs that were slathered in this really tangy sauce. It was tender and really really good. My parents used to bring it home from a tiny hole in the wall place in our town that closed after I left home so I couldn't ever discover their method. Texas BBQ is good stuff, but I do sometimes miss the taste of what I knew as a child.

To make this Donald Trump related, I cannot imagine him eating BBQ.

46 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Russia taking in and giving sanctuary to an American president in exile while he's facing political persecution from an illegitimate regime -- which is what Trump will claim if he loses -- probably gives Putin sexual release every time he thinks of it. Trump will continue being useful to Russia even long after he's dead. 

Hell, regardless of what happens in November, half the country is going to believe to their dying days that this election was stolen from them, while the other half is going to believe their guy won in spite of the other side's attempt to rig it. If that damage isn't permanent, it's something that isn't going to be healed for generations. Putin and Trump have already won, even if they lose on 11/3.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Just now, ultimaton said:

Russia taking in and giving sanctuary to an American president in exile while he's facing political persecution from an illegitimate regime -- which is what Trump will claim if he loses -- probably gives Putin sexual release every time he thinks of it. Trump will continue being useful to Russia even long after he's dead. 

Hell, regardless of what happens in November, half the country is going to believe to their dying days that this election was stolen from them, while the other half is going to believe their guy won in spite of the other side's attempt to rig it. If that damage isn't permanent, it's something that isn't going to be healed for generations. Putin and Trump have already won, even if they lose on 11/3.

^^^^ 

This guy gets it.  There is no "win" here.  Only different types of losses.

Oh yeah - as a local wtf was he doing there?  I was in KC for 4 years, and yes, the few times I saw him, he was absolutely shithammered.  Oklahoma Joe's was the best, by a mile.  I think it's just Joe's now.  Smart marketing move...

Had OK Joes on the same trip and it was fucking terrible. I posted some pics of that meal on the old site. Brisket cut on a deli slicer, Hillshire Farms sausage, and the potato salad was a few chucks of potato swimming in a mayonnaise soup.

37 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Oh yeah - as a local wtf was he doing there?  I was in KC for 4 years, and yes, the few times I saw him, he was absolutely shithammered. 

You think George Brett can go anywhere in KC without people buying him beer?  You'd be absolutely shithammered if you were him, too.

• Haha 1

Will one of you serious golfers please tell me...do you wear the same golf outfit every time you go out?  I do, because I only have 1 golf outfit and I play maybe once a year.  

But the same shitty black dress pants (they don't look like golf pants) and that gold buckled dress belt?  I thought the idea was to have comfortably athletic attire that whisked away sweat.  He's wearing these bulky jet black dress pants that just scream "Here sunlight, come here!"  

But here's what cracks me up.  I've golfed with a lot of douchebags who want to make sure you know they're rich and ready to talk deals.  But all of them, always take off their watch before playing or don't even wear one to begin with.  Maybe you'll see somebody in the foursome with a $75 sports watch so we can keep track of how long its been since we've seen the cart girl.  But what's the deal with that tight-fitting ladies Bulova watch he wears every fucking time he golfs/plays tennis?  If it was some big sports chronograph, that would fit with his personality.  But he wears that same black leather band with gold casing that can barely stay on his wrist watch.  And I have big wrists, so I know what's like to have a normal sized watch look small on your arm, but his looks like it's a slender fit case to begin with.  Like it'd look small on Melania.  Is it her watch or something?  I mean, it would look weird with a suit, it looks beyond bizarre on a sweaty old man's arm on the golf course.  Is there some story behind it like a sick kid made it for him in the hospital with tiny little tools flown in from El Paso? 

Just now, RPM said:

He eats Carolina mustard & vinegar bbq

Jesus.  You fuckers couldn't be more off target if you tried.

This is Donald Fucking Trump we're talking about.  Barbecue?  This is literally the only "barbecue" that pasty-ass man-child has ever eaten in his life:

47582084_528029784340597_899199324886299

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3