Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

49 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

A lot of "big business" people are into deals rather than buying and holding, or even really trading in, assets.  Deals generate fees, huge fees for all kinds of people that are party to the deal.  But the subject of the deal, the asset, may never actually change hands.  Once people like Trump and a lot of others get their fees, they no longer give a shit about the transaction.

The asset may generate enough income to pay the interest on the financing for a few years and maybe generate some more fees for some folks, but no one really gives a shit if it does.  It will likely end up in some kind of default scenario where the lenders take it back or renegotiate another deal, with attendant fees, and the ownership of the property or asset just kites along like a plate being spun on top of a stick.

All of this means that these people have great-looking income statements, but pretty shitty balance sheets.  They don't actually own much of anything.  The penalty for filing bankruptcy is losing ownership of your assets, which are sold off to benefit your creditors.  But if you don't actually own anything and what you do nominally own is levered to the hilt, who gives a fuck.

I'm not 100% sure it is "immoral."  But the economic justifications for "the market" and financial pros and "dealmakers' tend to disappear when the only interest anyone has in the transactions is fees.

THIS, THIS, THIS.

Many moons ago, I succeeded in killing a deal that 1) made ZERO business sense, 2) would have created MASSIVE public debt, but 3) would have yielded over $200 million in fees for the bankers, dealmakers, etc.  The SOLE thing driving that transaction was the desire of the movers and shakers to make fees.  Hell, it was such a bad deal that a big chunk of the debt was "extra money" to be available to.....service the debt, because the revenue numbers for the first 10 years wouldn't even come close to paying the debt as it came due.  It was eye-opening as hell.  Watching bullshit like that unfold is a good way to turn a person into a Bernie bro "fuck Wall Street" type.  

Not only would they not create value by the "deal," they'd create deadweight on the economy.  And they'd skim off $200million+ for doing us that favor.  That is everything wrong, evil, and destructive about the late-stage "capitalism" we're in.  And we've gone all-in on worshipping and celebrating that, because hey, if you're smart enough to figure out how to make $200 million, you're CLEVER, and that should be REWARDED!

Leveraged buyouts are a sister of this.

Shit, I may be clever enough to figure out how to tunnel in to Ft. Knox and run off with all the gold, but no amount of "clever" changes the fact that I'm a fucking thief who just inflicted a huge social cost on everyone else.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

WTF *is* the "Biden corruption story"?  I see him saying it's the biggest scandal in American political history, the Bidens are the most corrupt family in American politics, etc., but all I can find is the bullshit Burisma job along with some recent allegations of China money flow totaling in the, oh, 1% range of his own financial malfeasance.

Did I miss a scandal somewhere?

It wasn't Pence

I was wrong, however, about one major assertion in my original op-ed. The country cannot rely on well-intentioned, unelected bureaucrats around the President to steer him toward what’s right. He has purged most of them anyway. Nor can they rely on Congress to deliver us from Trump’s wayward whims. The people themselves are the ultimate check on the nation’s chief executive. We alone must determine whether his behavior warrants continuance in office, and we face a momentous decision, as our choice about Trump’s future will affect our future for years to come. With that in mind, he doesn’t deserve a second term in office, and we don’t deserve to live through it.

Removing Trump will not be the end of our woes, unfortunately. While on the road visiting swing states for the past month, it’s become clear to me how far apart Americans have grown from one another. We’ve perpetuated the seemingly endless hostility stoked by this divisive President, so if we really want to restore vibrance to our civic life, the change must begin with each of us, not just with the occupant of the Oval Office. Fortunately, past generations have lit the way toward national reconciliation in even harder times.

https://milestaylor.medium.com/a-statement-a13bc5173ee9

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

WTF *is* the "Biden corruption story"?  I see him saying it's the biggest scandal in American political history, the Bidens are the most corrupt family in American politics, etc., but all I can find is the bullshit Burisma job along with some recent allegations of China money flow totaling in the, oh, 1% range of his own financial malfeasance.

The russians gave rudy a laptop of fake e-mail pdfs

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Don't forget he might have grabbed a boob or something twenty years ago.  

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That he never tried to get back.

That just so happens to have pictures of him with a crack whore doing crack and audio of him talking about criminal enterprises he is doing.  Yeah, sounds legit doesn't it.  Whenever I do illegal things I make sure to document them with audio, video, pictures and then save it on my laptop in case I need those items some day in the future.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

That just so happens to have pictures of him with a crack whore doing crack and audio of him talking about criminal enterprises he is doing.  Yeah, sounds legit doesn't it.  Whenever I do illegal things I make sure to document them with audio, video, pictures and then save it on my laptop in case I need those items some day in the future.

Good forward "plan b" type of thinking on your part.

Doesn't everybody with a halfway important job always record themselves doing drugs in some sort of fucked-up Narrator-Tyler Durden backup insurance plan?  I mean, Hunter Biden kinda sounds like Tyler Durden when you say it out loud slowly. 

Just in case you're worried you're gonna try to pull a fast one on yourself the next day when you're clean and sober, you threaten yourself with recordings you made of yourself from the night before to get your sober self to realize that Project Trump Mayhem is more important than your little corporate job.  It was also the plot to a couple of episodes with Tina Fey on "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt."  

I can see Hunter now going into a fucking Geek Squad office in Wilmington.  "Wipe the drive and give me back the laptop."  And having the tech guy in khakis and a store polo say, "OH sir, you definitely said you would come back here saying some shit like that.  We all admire your bravery sir, you're setting a great example for the men.  But now I gotta turn it over to Rudy Guiliani and snip your scrotum off."  And then Hunter leans over the counter to see into the back room as all the guys in matching polos, "His name was Jared Kushner.  His name was Jared Kushner.  His name was Jared Kushner." 

25 years of this fucking book and what do we get for it?  The Proud Boys and Boogaloo?  That's not what Chuck means guys!  

Edited by Lobo

24 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Open your eyes man!  Its THE WORSE POLITICAL SCANDAL EVER!  You'll have the details in 2 weeks!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Anyone have any insight into how this plays in Alaska? I've always thought states like Wyoming and Alaska should care a lot more about climate change and environmental protections, and as a result be more likely to vote Democratic, but it doesn't play out that way. 

Tongass National Forest is in Southeast Alaska around Juneau.  It's in the area of the Tlingit tribe.  That whole thing is really very interesting, because the Tlingit do very well off a variety of federal contracts they have.  That makes them pretty establishment oriented.  And because most successful politicians in Alaska are Republicans, they tend to support Republicans far more than you might expect.  I don't know--this kind of apple-cart upsetting is the kind of thing that could cause a move toward the Democrats (both Biden and Gross).  But that's a big "could."

I will say that I'm skeptical of anything coming of this.  It's going to be difficult to bid out and contract for a logging lease with anybody.  And anyway, who would want it?  There are no roads from there to anywhere.  You'd have to take the timber out by ship (in an area with no port facilities).  It just doesn't make sense when there's plenty of logging to be done in the Lower 48.

• Hook 'Em 1

also reported by Stedman: Russian Intelligence Connected Bank Deposited $330M Into Deutsche Bank America

"A small financial institution in Russia whose owner has been called a “front” for Russian intelligence services quietly moved $330 million dollars into an account at Deutsche Bank’s New York branch by 2013, according to documents exclusively obtained by Forensic News.

By the fall of 2013, Yugra Bank (or “Jugra”; “Ugra”) was the 106th largest bank in Russia, with just eight branch locations in the country. A small bank by any measure, Yugra Bank was akin to “Bank of Hope” in the United States in terms of assets.

But interviews with those familiar with Yugra Bank and its evasive oligarch owner, as well as exclusively obtained documents, shed light on how this small regional bank in Russia was able to quietly transfer nearly one-third of a billion dollars into a Deutsche Bank subsidiary on Wall Street in New York.  [cont.]"

---> 2013 is when the foreign plan to help get Trump elected was launched, as described by Felix Sater and others.  And this says nothing about the $15M that suddenly appeared in 2015 in a secret Trump LLC bank account in China (revealed in recent NYT obtained tax documents) after the previous 4 years of that unknown LLC earnings being flat.  There's likely an avalanche of redundancy of this kind of financial leverage (including plain bribery) foreign powers have over Trump 'the individual' that also includes Middle East actors.

8 minutes ago, threesheets said:

Spends five years desensitizing the country to "FAKE" scandals, wonders why no one gives a shit about fake scandals. 

Yep.  Boy who cried wolf, writ large.

Nobody of any sanity or substance believes a fucking thing you say.  Because you fucking lie relentlessly, and decry the truth as lies at a similar pace.  So, when you want people to believe you.....they not only don't believe you, they've stopped listening.  Blah blah blah, fart noises.  That's what the words of the POTUS amount to these days.

• Hook 'Em 4

51 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Well you better buckle up, it is going to be much longer than 6 days.

You realize twitter is going to ban his ass immediately on January 21 2021 right? Or as soon as he resigns for his pardon, or as soon as the GOP impeaches and convicts. 

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  Boy who cried wolf, writ large.

Nobody of any sanity or substance believes a fucking thing you say.  Because you fucking lie relentlessly, and decry the truth as lies at a similar pace.  So, when you want people to believe you.....they not only don't believe you, they've stopped listening.  Blah blah blah, fart noises.  That's what the words of the POTUS amount to these days.

oh look, something you and I agree on. broken clock and whatnot

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

thats the problem with Bannon's flood the zone with shit strategy. once you flood it with shit, its just all shit. everyone knows its shit. people are not surprised its shit. people expect it to be shit. so the effectiveness wears off. and when you again try to claim its chocolate, NOT shit. everyone just says, yeah you fooled me 20k times, but now i know better. thats a shit ice cream cone. not falling for it anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Where is this? Somewhere very very cold I hope. Raining would be good too. Cold and rainy would be even better.

edit: I see Nebraska. Excellent. Excellent. Killing your own supporters for what, 4 or 5 EVs?

There is only 1 EV in Nebraska that is remotely in play, and Trump won't get it. Omaha is sort of close to Iowa, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Twitter isn't trending Biden corruption for the same reason your Department of Justice isn't trending Biden corruption, Commander dipshit.  

Because there's no story there.  

10 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh look, something you and I agree on. broken clock and whatnot

I mean....I suspect that you also think that OU sucks, cobbler should always be served warm topped with ice cream, and the curve of a woman's shoulders and the small of her back in the morning light is one of the good things in life.  See, it's like we're the same person.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Where is this? Somewhere very very cold I hope. Raining would be good too. Cold and rainy would be even better.

edit: I see Nebraska. Excellent. Excellent. Killing your own supporters for what, 4 or 5 EVs?

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Actually - 1 electoral vote.  Nebraska isn't up for grabs but 1 district vote is.

Got it. THanks.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

1, he did that rally for 1 fucking EC vote. Nebraska splits their 5 votes by district. That one was leaning Biden.

thanks for the correction.

28 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

There is only 1 EV in Nebraska that is remotely in play, and Trump won't get it. Omaha is sort of close to Iowa, though.

Only 1 EV in play, noted.

Anybody else?

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, The Hot Dog Buffet said:

I assume this event was at Eppley Field (OMA).  If that's the case, it is hard up against the Missouri River.  

Council Bluffs, IA is right across the river, and it's not an insignificant town.  So yeah--you get more media coverage than one electoral vote's worth with a visit to Omaha.

By the way--really weird thing about OMA: when you drive into downtown from the airport you actually cross into Iowa briefly.  The state line follows the old river, which over the past two centuries has straightened (leaving an oxbow lake).  So you never cross the Missouri River, but you still go into Iowa.  And the taxes must be a fuckton lower, because there are a ton of the airport hotels in that little bit of Iowa.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Posted from his Apple iPhone on twitter.com. 

That would actually be a powerful message.  If, at any time during the last four years, he ever expressed one single value he held to be important.  

Somebody tell me three values Trump holds dear and I'll vote for him tomorrow.  

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean....I suspect that you also think that OU sucks, cobbler should always be served warm topped with ice cream, and the curve of a woman's shoulders and the small of her back in the morning light is one of the good things in life.  See, it's like we're the same person.

well, you finished the "twice a day" part of the analogy :D

I mean, I know Trump will break multiple policies easily after he’s out of office and get banned himself but he definitely needs to be banned for the sake of the country. He just constantly spreads poison across social media and now because of his former job, this country will not be able to heal if he’s allowed to continue pouring gasoline on the fire. I know the “muh freedom” will scream censorship but again, this falls under the ‘can’t yell fire in a theatre’ or ‘inject bleach during a pandemic’ doctrine of limiting free speech  that is been upheld for the Supreme Court. It’s not allowed for a reason. To keep people safe. 

• Like 1

Obamagate-FBI investigated Russian spies meddling in the election, some Trump associates were caught in the ring. Some Trump associates even served prison time.

Huntergate-2nd wave of allegations related to Trump’s own efforts to extort Ukraine in announcing an investigation into Hunter Biden. Trump was impeached for it. Intelligence and Borat tipped media that Giuliani is a stooge being used by Russian propagandists.

Other notable Democratic scandals:

Butteremails-Hillary failed to produce emails from her private server, in relation to the Benghazi investigations. The Benghazi coverup lasted a week as the Obama administration unpacked what actually happened. Became a scandal because Ben Gozzie sounds cool.

Clinton impeachment-After fishing for Whitewater dirt, GOP henchmen and bendy ethicist Ken Starr uncover Clinton having relations in the White House with an intern.

Is that it?

Destroyed records and sex scandals are a Tuesday morning for 45.

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the laptop Hunter took from California to Delaware and dropped off with a blind computer tech.

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That he never tried to get back.

2 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Three laptops, guys.  Three laptops.

And the computer repair store guy said he thought they were Hunter's, he tried to reach him, but couldn't, so he made copies of the hard drives and gave them to Giuliani's people.

The optics on that are just astounding.  A customer from California drops off three laptops to be repaired in Delaware.  Repair shop can't contact him, so they make a copy of the hard drives and hand them over to Giuliani's people.

I've said this before, but I worked at a CompUSA in the Tech Services dept. back in the 90s, and we had very strict rules about customers' data.  If we came across something we suspected was illegal, we back away, call the cops, and write down everything that was done, and everybody who had contact with the computer.   The forensics people made it clear that if we fucked around, the owner's lawyer would come after us and the whole chain of custody, and do everything they could to prove that somebody planted whatever it was on the computer.

All devices were locked away in basically a cage, with alarms on the cage, in the tech department,  on the store, etc., and we kept logs of everybody who touched every device.  We would try and contact them the day the work was done, and every day thereafter (newest employees in the department basically spent a huge chunk of their day on the phone trying to contact people to come pick up their stuff).  We would send them registered letters (or rather corporate or store management).  After X amount of time, and it was a long fucking time, I want to say 6 months or a year),  we would remove the hard drive, and keep it locked away, and store the computer in the warehouse, and eventually either re-use the computer or even sell it, and eventually destroy the hard drive.

It was hammered into our heads during our training that we never, ever release a computer with data to anybody but the customer, or the customer's representative (which was agreed upon at the time the customer dropped it off), or law enforcement (with a warrant), and that if we fucked around with customer's data, we could be sued, and CompUSA would definitely be sued.

Hell, I even worked at a mom-and-pop place on the side as an evening gig for a few years in the early 2000s, and they were cautious about data, especially because they didn't have a big national chain with a legal department backing them.

8 minutes ago, elfenix said:

money

ivanka

donald

in my nick kroll/bobbybottleservice voice that is also the voice of Don, Jr. and Immortal and a few other posters:

In conclusion:

Vodka

Jesus

Revenge 

The thought of just copying customer's hard drives and handing it out to not-so-random shady people in other states boggles my mind.

Joe Biden announced his candidacy in April of 2019, even though everybody knew well in advance that he was going to.

Somebody walked into a computer shop in April of 2019, run by a legally blind man, who publicly said multiple times that he can't really identify people.  Gave his name as Hunter Biden.  Drops off laptop.

Legally blind guy doesn't hear back, automatically gives copies of the data not to the local police or FBI, but to Rudy's people.

I'm willing to bet there was cash involved, and I'm willing to bet that instructions were given to contact Rudy's people by a certain time (say by the time Biden would be clearly the front runner).

Edited by atomheartbevo