Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

3 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Perfect summary of the Trump WH.  Use the people as props, discard them when the photo op is over.  Doesn't give two fucks what happens to them after.  The small blessing here is at least this happened before the WH guts the ACA so those people still had medical coverage after being left out in the cold.  

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that very few, if anybody, who attended that rally have obamacare. If they did at one time, they dropped it after the mandate was tossed.

By all means, rescue them, transport them, treat them, hospitalize them if necessary. Then present them with a bill that bankrupts them.

I'm sure they'll enjoy and appreciate their freedom when the bill arrives.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Where is this? Somewhere very very cold I hope. Raining would be good too. Cold and rainy would be even better.

edit: I see Nebraska. Excellent. Excellent. Killing your own supporters for what, 4 or 5 EVs?

it's been the only consistent part of this campaign. between this is covid, that is.

12 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Where is this? Somewhere very very cold I hope. Raining would be good too. Cold and rainy would be even better.

edit: I see Nebraska. Excellent. Excellent. Killing your own supporters for what, 4 or 5 EVs?

Actually - 1 electoral vote.  Nebraska isn't up for grabs but 1 district vote is.

1 hour ago, triplehorn said:

Deutsche Bank tho

If there are publicly unknown third parties working with DB to guarantee Trump's loans, then those third parties own the fucker.  Available information points to exactly that.

Duh. The Russians own him. It’s why trump treats Putin the way he does. Putin can afford to guarantee his debts due to the benefits he receives by owning trump and fucking over America. It’s also no risk because putin can default if he wants to, which he will. 

Nothing could be more obvious. 

25 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Trump's former DHS Chief of Staff -- a Republican -- was on CNN this morning.  He was damn near apoplectic over Trump's dismissal of the plot to kidnap the MI governor.  He said right wing terrorists were the single biggest terrorism threat in the US, and he clearly felt it was not to be minimized. 

He also called on Republican legislators to voice opposition to Trump's dismissive statement.  Ah, well, nevertheless. #furrowedbrows

Sounds like this Director of Homeland Security clown needs to come out of his bubble and consult with a real expert on right wing extremism like Rimbo.

34 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Anyone have any insight into how this plays in Alaska? I've always thought states like Wyoming and Alaska should care a lot more about climate change and environmental protections, and as a result be more likely to vote Democratic, but it doesn't play out that way. 

he has a 6 point lead in the state that produced sarah palin.  alaska in play?

hitler-in-the-bunker desperation flailing.

• Like 1

Samantha Zager, Trump's deputy national press secretary, said in a statement Wednesday morning:

“President Trump loves his supporters and was thrilled to visit Omaha last night. Despite the cold, tens of thousands of people showed up for his rally. Because of the sheer size of the crowd, we deployed 40 shuttle buses — double the normal allotment — but local road closures and resulting congestion caused delays. At the guest departure location, we had tents, heaters, generators, hot cocoa, and handwarmers available for guests. We always strive to provide the best guest experience at our events and we care about their safety.”

The post election violence is going to happen no matter who wins, it will just effect those who get targeted.

Trump wins, protestors will get targeted by RW militants.

Biden wins, government buildings and personnel will get targeted by RW militants.

I really hope the FBI/CIA have infiltrated some of these groups over the last 18 months and can minimized the damage.

37 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Trump's former DHS Chief of Staff -- a Republican -- was on CNN this morning.  He was damn near apoplectic over Trump's dismissal of the plot to kidnap the MI governor.  He said right wing terrorists were the single biggest terrorism threat in the US, and he clearly felt it was not to be minimized. 

He also called on Republican legislators to voice opposition to Trump's dismissive statement.  Ah, well, nevertheless. #furrowedbrows

Good thing those guys won't have gone through the legal process by the time Trump starts lining up his Presidential Pardons. Otherwise, they might make the cut!

A million women have left the labor force due to coronatime. If they go back they'll have lost experience, service time, and seniority. Their wages will be lower for the rest of their lives. All because Trump can't get money to schools to reopen safely. And he's talking about husbands as if it's the 1950s.

What happens if you send 40 trump rally buses carrying 80 people each in freezing weather, who are traveling at 45 mph for 5 miles, and then you only have 15 trump rally busses able to go back in the opposite direction at 35 mph? 

How many frozen trump supporters do you have? 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

CNN? He wants to voice his displeasure then perhaps Fox and OANN are where he should be.

Why would they book him? He has credibility and is a dissenting voice. 

44 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

No, I suppose not, but he might want to give them a call. Fox may wish to consider not appearing so supportive of malcontents.

That’s adorable. Wonka.gif. 

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

Let me clarify: banks don’t lend to Donald Trump expecting that Trump will pay them back. His credit has been shit for decades.

yes, and these privately back loans are not loans if the lenders expect Trump to default on them, they are bribes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sometimes I wonder in my Banking bubble why Private Credit is having such a moment right now.  And then I look at what Commander Dipshit has been pulling off for decades, and then I get it.  

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

The Proud Boys and their ilk are literally “standing by” for his orders which we all know he’ll do in his nonchalant “what’d I say?” way after he looses due to fraud or whatever else he makes up. I think it’s more likely that they are dickless cowards but you only need a few with assault rifles to cause some serious shit.

We don't know how many Trump supporters it takes to cause trouble in a Walmart with a rifle because there's no examples of anything bad happening involving a Trump supporter with a rifle at Walmart in the last couple years right?  Certainly a pissed off #lonewolf with a gun can't kill a bunch of people for politically motivated reasons, right? 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, yoladu said:

i think for most folks, we wonder...how can one live like a billionaire for so long without actually being a billionaire?

and why doesnt just everyone do that?!

its seems immoral? is it not?

A lot of "big business" people are into deals rather than buying and holding, or even really trading in, assets.  Deals generate fees, huge fees for all kinds of people that are party to the deal.  But the subject of the deal, the asset, may never actually change hands.  Once people like Trump and a lot of others get their fees, they no longer give a shit about the transaction.

The asset may generate enough income to pay the interest on the financing for a few years and maybe generate some more fees for some folks, but no one really gives a shit if it does.  It will likely end up in some kind of default scenario where the lenders take it back or renegotiate another deal, with attendant fees, and the ownership of the property or asset just kites along like a plate being spun on top of a stick.

All of this means that these people have great-looking income statements, but pretty shitty balance sheets.  They don't actually own much of anything.  The penalty for filing bankruptcy is losing ownership of your assets, which are sold off to benefit your creditors.  But if you don't actually own anything and what you do nominally own is levered to the hilt, who gives a fuck.

I'm not 100% sure it is "immoral."  But the economic justifications for "the market" and financial pros and "dealmakers' tend to disappear when the only interest anyone has in the transactions is fees.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

We don't know how many Trump supporters it takes to cause trouble in a Walmart with a rifle because there's no examples of anything bad happening involving a Trump supporter with a rifle at Walmart in the last couple years right?  Certainly a pissed off #lonewolf with a gun can't kill a bunch of people for politically motivated reasons, right? 

Or make pipe bombs or send chemicals thru the mail. Crazy things that could never happen here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I see Nebraska. Excellent. Excellent. Killing your own supporters for what, 4 or 5 EVs?

1, he did that rally for 1 fucking EC vote. Nebraska splits their 5 votes by district. That one was leaning Biden.