Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

48 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

I see you have gone full contrarian here. That’s cool. No they aren’t right now. But when their guy is removed from power and that guy inevitably encourages violence and/or revolt, it is my contention that they will.

Currently they are still under the delusion that they are going to win. I have received several texts from trumper friends just this week predicting a Trump landslide.

There is a legitimate threat of right wing terrorism in this country. Anyone who says otherwise is not paying attention. For example, dozens of drivers have plowed into BLM protesters this year. There was a (thankfully foiled) plot to kidnap and murder the governor of Michigan. And across the country, right wing militias have marched on state capitals openly carrying AR15s.

That shit is not normal. 

Edited by BrickHorn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

i think for most folks, we wonder...how can one live like a billionaire for so long without actually being a billionaire?

and why doesnt just everyone do that?!

its seems immoral? is it not?

Because not everyone was gifted/stole an inheritance from their father worth 400 million dollars with which to start.  That's a lot of assets and money with which to get loans, make investments, acquire other assets that allow you to keep spinning plates or play the shell game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

i think for most folks, we wonder...how can one live like a billionaire for so long without actually being a billionaire?

and why doesnt just everyone do that?!

its seems immoral? is it not?

The answer is “debt and aggressive use of litigation.” That shit works too.

Yes of course it is immoral. What difference does that make?

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Because not everyone was gifted/stole an inheritance from their father worth 400 million dollars with which to start.  That's a lot of assets and money with which to get loans, make investments, acquire other assets that allow you to keep spinning plates or play the shell game. 

i think i would die by 50 from the stress of living like that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, BrickHorn said:

There was a (thankfully foiled) plot to kidnap and murder the governor of Michigan.

People still don’t understand how big of a deal it was that the FBI made a big production of this.  Often domestic terrorist plots are broken up in the shadows but the feds went out of their way to send a loud and clear message to everyone.  This is a serious problem. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Thatguy said:

Immamac, I am gonna have to disagree on his one. I've been on the planet 40 years and some change. Never in my life have I ever seen a bunch of flags flying around with the current President's name on it. Never have I had so many arguments and life long friends willing to end friendships over a politician. It's a cult in every sense of the word.

These.

This is WILDLY different than any political movement/party in anyone's memory.  It's a fucking cult.  I mean, I've REALLY cared about some candidates in the past, and been genuinely passionate about them....but I've never even THOUGHT of flying flags, dressing head to toe in their merch, and declaring anyone who didn't agree with me to be an apostate traitor to America.  And I've sure never supported a candidate because I thought he'd "hurt the right people."

Trumpism is a fucking disease.  And it's killing the entire body politic.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

People still don’t understand how big of a deal it was that the FBI made a big production of this.  Often domestic terrorist plots are broken up in the shadows but the feds went out of their way to send a loud and clear message to everyone.  This is a serious problem. 

a loud and clear message that this is a serious problem to everyone ...almost everyone.

re: Trump says plot to kidnap Gretchen Whitmer was ‘maybe a problem, maybe it wasn’t’

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

There is a legitimate threat of right wing terrorism in this country. Anyone who says otherwise is not paying attention. For example, dozens of drivers have plowed into BLM protesters this year. There was a (thankfully foiled) plot to kidnap and murder the governor of Michigan. And across the country, right wing militias have marched on state capitals openly carrying AR15s.

That shit is not normal. 

It broke 100 in early September. Not sure what it's at now but they're barely reported on.

12 minutes ago, Bookman said:

Banks don’t lend to Trump. They haven’t for years.

Deutsche Bank tho

If there are publicly unknown third parties working with DB to guarantee Trump's loans, then those third parties own the fucker.  Available information points to exactly that.

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I'm pretty sure all these people were fox news/breitbart readers far before Trump. Trump has gone even further radical because of his trope of misinformation and completely baseless claims. After Fox News doesn't give a shit about Trump they will just have a new champion, that champion will likely not be as radical and be a bit more rational when it comes to targeted misinformation that makes them feel like the new champion is fighting for them, when in reality they are just being used for cash or taking the load of the oligarchs. ......................

What you talkin bout Willis

200821-TNA-Bannon-tease_lbhxaw

20 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

That shit is not normal. 

15 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

And what @yoladu referenced with the President's Michigan rally this week. Wake the hell up people ( clarifying this: it should be wake the hell up America). These aren't just the fuck ups, some of these folks are going to slip through the FBIs net and make the Murrah building fatalities look small when the tally is finished.

12 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i bet they figure out how to invest substantially in the project now, then use that reliance to say you can't undo it Jan 20.

Yep, and if the unthinkable happened and a second term Trump was in charge, the transactional part of the Great American Outdoors Act would be some spiffy looking well maintained park buildings next to some well pad sites and a Trump merchandise outlet.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins

11 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Immamac, I am gonna have to disagree on this one. I've been on the planet 40 years and some change. Never in my life have I ever seen a bunch of flags flying around with the current President's name on it. Never have I had so many arguments and life long friends willing to end friendships over a politician. It's a cult in every sense of the word.

I've essentially stopped talking to my parents, other than the occasional text exchange or happy birthday, because they've gone full Trump cult.  These are people who in their 70+ years on this earth have never been involved in politics before - as far as I know they had never even voted - but who now can't go two minutes without mentioning the evil democrats and how they're working against Trump and America.    Every single conversation with them - no matter how innocent - quickly devolves into a trump infomercial.  We never watched the Apprentice and I'm fairly certain my parents would have looked at Trump as a NY elitist dipshit prior to 2016.  But he tapped into some truly dark parts of their psyche that they had hidden away relatively well.

I've never seen anything like this. 

I mean, I've watched the Guyana Tragedy a couple of times on TV, so I guess I have seen this before.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I've essentially stopped talking to my parents, other than the occasional text exchange or happy birthday, because they've gone full Trump cult.  These are people who in their 70+ years on this earth have never been involved in politics before - as far as I know they had never even voted - but who now can't go two minutes without mentioning the evil democrats and how they're working against Trump and America.    Every single conversation with them - no matter how innocent - quickly devolves into a trump infomercial.  We never watched the Apprentice and I'm fairly certain my parents would have looked at Trump as a NY elitist dipshit prior to 2016.  But he tapped into some truly dark parts of their psyche that they had hidden away relatively well.

I mean, I've watched the Guyana Tragedy a couple of times on TV, so I guess I have seen this before.

See everyone? Anecdotal evidence that Donald Trump has expanded his base since 2016.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Haven't talked to my dad/stepmom almost the whole year.  Fox News somehow turned them into people I don't recognize, and they never used to be like that.  Some of the stuff I've seen my stepmother share on FB is just vile.  I can't reconcile feeling like I need to spend time with them with the knowledge of who they support and what that person stands for.

29 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Immamac, I am gonna have to disagree on this one. I've been on the planet 40 years and some change. Never in my life have I ever seen a bunch of flags flying around with the current President's name on it. Never have I had so many arguments and life long friends willing to end friendships over a politician. It's a cult in every sense of the word.

It is absolutely a cult. A very racist one at that that has targeted the African-American and Hispanic communities repeatedly as being the lesser than that needs to feel pain. You don’t just erase a cult through an election being lost. The amount of repair that has to go into attempting to convince these people that they were completely and utterly conned will take years to complete. Some will honestly never admit to being easy marks.

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

These.

This is WILDLY different than any political movement/party in anyone's memory.  It's a fucking cult.  I mean, I've REALLY cared about some candidates in the past, and been genuinely passionate about them....but I've never even THOUGHT of flying flags, dressing head to toe in their merch, and declaring anyone who didn't agree with me to be an apostate traitor to America.  And I've sure never supported a candidate because I thought he'd "hurt the right people."

Trumpism is a fucking disease.  And it's killing the entire body politic.

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

I will take it a step further. Imagine being a Black guy just minding your own business. All the sudden these Trumpkins come out of nowhere, right along with the Blue Lives/All Lives Matter crowd. You are going about your day and doing what you've been taught your whole life. Open doors for ladies. Acknowledge people by saying hello. All the sudden when you open doors people don't respond as often. When you say hello you get the side eye. Now it's 2020 and masks are here and they help you largely identify who is who, because people cannot help but proclaim their political affiliation or world views on their mask. You notice pretty much every time you get that attitude it's someone with a mask that fits the bill. I can't wait for this clown to go down, and if any friend who dropped me over a politician comes back around they are dead to me.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Let the fire sale begin 

Anyone have any insight into how this plays in Alaska? I've always thought states like Wyoming and Alaska should care a lot more about climate change and environmental protections, and as a result be more likely to vote Democratic, but it doesn't play out that way. 

10 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Regardless of this vid being used for the response to the satiric tweet, I really wish Congressman Schiff could have said this to the GOP group at the Impeachment inquiry last fall. Don't get me wrong, he's an eloquent speaker and his speech at the actual hearing was superb but during the questioning phase after listening to Nunes or Stefanik or Jordan babble about stupid stuff, this would have been mahhhvelous.

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Trump's former DHS Chief of Staff -- a Republican -- was on CNN this morning.  He was damn near apoplectic over Trump's dismissal of the plot to kidnap the MI governor.  He said right wing terrorists were the single biggest terrorism threat in the US, and he clearly felt it was not to be minimized. 

He also called on Republican legislators to voice opposition to Trump's dismissive statement.  Ah, well, nevertheless. #furrowedbrows

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Trump's former DHS Chief of Staff -- a Republican -- was on CNN this morning.  He was damn near apoplectic over Trump's dismissal of the plot to kidnap the MI governor.  He said right wing terrorists were the single biggest terrorism threat in the US, and he clearly felt it was not to be minimized. 

He also called on Republican legislators to voice opposition to Trump's dismissive statement.  Ah, well, nevertheless. #furrowedbrows

CNN? He wants to voice his displeasure then perhaps Fox and OANN are where he should be.

45 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

i bet they figure out how to invest substantially in the project now, then use that reliance to say you can't undo it Jan 20.

Anyone who pulls the investment trigger after a Biden victory deserves to lose their investment.

36 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

But he tapped into some truly dark parts of their psyche that they had hidden away relatively well.

I don't think this is much of a mystery, to be honest. Think of the term "loser" for a second. Who do we apply that term to? It's not necessarily people who don't have a lot of material success -- there are plenty of people who don't have much going for them by worldly standards but are nevertheless content. Because they're content, they're not really "losers."

When I think of who we call "losers," what comes to my mind are people who are not content with what they have, and believe they deserve more. Because of ineptitude, they cannot attain whatever measure of status they feel they deserve. Maybe they want to be a fit, attractive person but can't stop binge eating and can't settle in to a workout routine. Maybe they fancy themselves a great businessperson but they can't manage money and get suckered into bad debts. Perhaps they want to be a respected intellectual but they don't have the attention span to earn a degree. If you could tune in to their internal dialog, I think you'd hear someone who believes they already are a winner according to whatever identity they've adopted -- charmer, businessperson, intellectual, etc., and they are in complete denial of the much more limited person they really are.

Trump "tapped in" to white losers. Racism and xenophobia is a drug for them. It provides these losers with an infinite supply of external reasons for their lack of real world results. As a consequence, their denial is trivial to sustain.

Trump is also one of those losers, but in one of the most bizarre twists of fate in human history, the entire Kingdom of Loserdom somehow managed to get him elected into the most powerful position on the planet. He embodies their denial, but magically turned into truth. He's their grandiose delusions made into reality. He is the loser whose wishes for glory came true.

Edited by ndawg
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

This is unbelievable.

Where is this? Somewhere very very cold I hope. Raining would be good too. Cold and rainy would be even better.

edit: I see Nebraska. Excellent. Excellent. Killing your own supporters for what, 4 or 5 EVs?

Edited by High Plains Drifter

4 minutes ago, ndawg said:

I don't think this is much of a mystery, to be honest. Think of the term "loser" for a second. Who do we apply that term to? It's not necessarily people who don't have a lot of material success -- there are plenty of people who don't have much going for them by worldly standards but are nevertheless content. Because they're content, they're not really "losers."

When I think of who we call "losers," what comes to my mind are people who are not content with what they have, and believe they deserve more. Because of ineptitude, they cannot attain whatever measure of status they feel they deserve. Maybe they want to be a fit, attractive person but can't stop binge eating and can't settle in to a workout routine. Maybe they fancy themselves a great businessperson but they can't manage money and get suckered into bad debts. Perhaps they want to be a respected intellectual but they don't have the attention span to earn a degree. If you could tune in to their internal dialog, I think you'd hear someone who believes they already are a winner according to whatever identity they've adopted -- charmer, businessperson, intellectual, etc., and they are in complete denial of the much more limited person they really are, whom external observers spot right away.

Trump "tapped in" to white losers. Racism and xenophobia is a drug for them. It provides these losers with an infinite supply of external reasons for their lack of real world results. As a consequence, their denial is trivial to sustain.

Trump is also one of those losers, but in one of the most bizarre twists of fate in human history, the entire Kingdom of Loserdom somehow managed to get him elected into the most powerful position on the planet. He embodies their denial, but magically turned into truth. He's their grandiose delusions made into reality. He is the loser whose wishes for glory came true.

That is an interesting take on it. I just cycled through my mental rolodex and discovered you might be onto something.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This is where I am - I’ve written them off. Im about to add my nutcase home school brother ans his family to this list.

I’m nice to my in-laws because my wife is not ready to take this step yet and they are good grandparents to my kids.

Maybe things will change in a few years. But I am not confident that it will.
  • Like 1