CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Sweet jesus, the DT thread is just a barrel of suck.

I used to read that thread every day to keep up with the nonpolitical aspects, but the percentage of bickering outgrew the useful info so I stopped reading. I used to spend time lurking on TexAgs frequently and that same vibe overwhelmed much useful discussion so I stopped there, too. It's too bad because I like to read point/counterpoint discussions but an entire page derailed by a news article filled with half truths does nothing for my learning about a topic.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I used to read that thread every day to keep up with the nonpolitical aspects, but the percentage of bickering outgrew the useful info so I stopped reading. I used to spend time lurking on TexAgs frequently and that same vibe overwhelmed much useful discussion so I stopped there, too. It's too bad because I like to read point/counterpoint discussions but an entire page derailed by a news article filled with half truths does nothing for my learning about a topic.

here's all you need to know from that thread:

China China.  It's all China's fault, and anything remotely critical of any domestic response here is just CCP propaganda.

The effect of the virus is totally overblown, we shouldn't have shut down, we should re-open now.

22 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I view the DT thread in the same way I used to view the CR. It is useful as a place to keep the shitheads occupied. If they’re bickering over there, they aren’t clogging up this thread with their stupid fucking bullshit.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

here's all you need to know from that thread:

China China.  It's all China's fault, and anything remotely critical of any domestic response here is just CCP propaganda.

The effect of the virus is totally overblown, we shouldn't have shut down, we should re-open now.

9 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I view the DT thread in the same way I used to view the CR. It is useful as a place to keep the shitheads occupied. If they’re bickering over there, they aren’t clogging up this thread with their stupid fucking bullshit.

it's fairly easy to see through the partisan bias, even though they try to cloak it (heh) in statements that contain plausible deniability. it's right up there with "religion of peace" posts on bada bing threads when a muslim terrorist does something evil, or when people, say, post chicago shooting incident statistics as a counterpoint to something completely unrelated. it's completely transparent what they are trying to do. they are far more partisan in many ways than those they accuse, imo.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

Somebody needs to call this crook out. Drop some f bombs. Time to stop being respectful. 

When the federal investigation of Rick Scott’s former hospital company became public in 1997, the board of Columbia/HCA forced him out. Scott left with $300 million in stock, a $5.1 million severance and a $950,000-per-year consulting contract for five years.

What does Scott call that? Taking responsibility.

The governor’s new Senate campaign ad again seeks to rewrite the history of Columbia/HCA, which Scott founded in 1987 and led as CEO. Indeed, the ad is titled “responsibility” and compares Scott’s actions to those of “strong leaders.”

In its settlement with the government, the company admitted to 14 felonies related to fraudulent billing and practices. Most happened under Scott’s leadership.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Asshole is doubling down. This is how secession talk between blue states and red states starts. But yeah, Obama was the most divisive president ever.

I'm sure he never asked for hurricane relief in Florida.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BrickHorn said:

The great irony (OK, maybe it's not irony, whatever, raaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin) is that disagreement "over here" is largely reasoned without too much poo-flinging.

I mean, not ZERO poo-flinging, we all derive from rhesus monkeys (hey to John Scopes), but not too much poo-flinging.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

it's fairly easy to see through the partisan bias, even though they try to cloak it (heh) in statements that contain plausible deniability. it's right up there with "religion of peace" posts on bada bing threads when a muslim terrorist does something evil, or when people, say, post chicago shooting incident statistics as a counterpoint to something completely unrelated. it's completely transparent what they are trying to do. they are far more partisan in many ways than those they accuse, imo.

So you're saying their accusations are confessions?

Guest Lobo
44 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

This is the test the White House is using.

Hey, Trump's Covid-19 testing rating is the same as his approval rating of his handling of Covid-19.  

My 7th grade algebra teacher was right, Maths does come up in everyday life!  

7 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I expected some case increase from any opening. This is good news. I wonder if it’ll get any coverage outside of right wing outlets.

I wonder how long polling supports these measures. Not sure how these policies follow “science and data”.

Test nursing homes heavily. Test any visitors before entry and employees regularly.

Texas science and data

• Fuck You 1

I’ve said it before but I’ll say it again. This will not get better until Trump is no longer the president. Doesn’t matter whether that’s tomorrow or January. But this problem will not get better until Trump is no longer the president. 

• Like 6