CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Dude's twitter game is pretty strong, but can we talk for a sec about the family pic Ron has included in his Twitter profile?  I mean, perhaps he's just a really proud dad, but that's a fairly bold move when picking fights with Trump and his army of neanderthals ...

1500x500

• Like 2

Just now, Gap03 said:

Dude's twitter game is pretty strong, but can we talk for a sec about the family pic Ron has included in his Twitter profile?  I mean, perhaps he's just a really proud dad, but that's a fairly bold move when picking fights with Trump and his army of neanderthals ...

1500x500

X, 1, 2, X, 4, 3, X

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Lobo

The sideboob is strong with that family. 

I love that Obama left him a series of action items on Page 9 of the fucking document.  Spoiler alert---and speaking of that family photo, by page 3..Trump lost interest and jerked off to a photo of Ivanka.  

2 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Rand Paul saying on live TV in the Senate that some children dying in schools is an acceptable risk for our freedom to own guns go back to the mall

Pretty much his entire time was bullshit. Accused Fauci of misleading people about immunity when he says it's not proven yet. Accused him of predicting doom and gloom when he says that opening too soon will make things worse, even though it's a certainty.

Dropped the whole "well in Kentucky we only have 5 cases" or whatever so we don't need to worry about this. Hey dumbfuck, NYC had a handful of cases once too. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Cool, so we'll all be punished for the dumbasses who consider Daytona Beach an exotic locale?  

Yup, because Karen cant live without her roots getting done, we are going to get the crackhead cousin treatment.  Roundabout effect is the US pandemic policy will just crush the airline even further, which means we will keep shitting money to bail them out.  What a time to be alive.  

5 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Brazil might end up worse than we are.  They have over 200M people about to go through their winter months and their leadership is off jet skiing calling the virus a “little flu.”

South Korea is treating the virus like a national security threat.  One isolated 40 person outbreak and they shut down bars and restaurants for a month.

America is treating the virus like an economic irritation that can be beaten with magical thinking an endless money bazooka from the fed with no oversight.  

FIFY

13 hours ago, Born to Run said:
18 hours ago, Message Board User said:

Mad props to these Women Reporters. Not backing down at all.

yeah they made him run away like a scared little bitch.  That's a great look for President of the United States of America.  Good lord it never ends with this guy.

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Charlie had game plans?

Good point. I'm pretty sure his game week prep was limited to telling them to "just go play" and "have fun." Maybe "put the T back in Texas." Although I do credit him for the innovative game plan to run D'onta 50 times or whatever it was. 

1 minute ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I have not, but I have read the awesome JUGS machine thread. You've got to be choosy about where you invest your energies. You can't be an expert on everything,. 

Well, there's always tweets. 

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

When asked about the pandemic simulation/scrimmage,

Trump said:  "We talkin' about practice?"  Listen, we sittin' here talking 'bout practice."

The White House confirms his remarks.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/12/politics/3-trillion-aid-package-democrats-house/index.html

(CNN)House Democrats announced a sweeping new Covid-19 stimulus bill on Tuesday with a price tag expected to be more than $3 trillion -- an amount that would stand as the largest relief package in history.

The legislation, which allocates more funding for state and local governments, coronavirus testing, and a new round of direct payments to Americans, sets up an immediate clash with the Republican-controlled Senate, where leaders have said another round of emergency funding is not yet needed.

Democrats released the 1,815-page legislative text of the bill Tuesday afternoon and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi spoke from the US Capitol after its introduction.

Pelosi took aim at congressional Republicans who have argued that it would be better to first evaluate how already-enacted aid is implemented before moving ahead with another relief bill.

"For the families who are suffering though, hunger doesn't take a pause, rent doesn't take a pause, bills don't take a pause, the hardship of losing a job or tragically losing a loved one doesn't take a pause," Pelosi said, describing the crisis as "a historic challenge" and "momentous opportunity for us to meet the needs of the American people, to save their lives, their livelihoods and our democracy."

But Senate Republican leaders warned Pelosi that the new bill is dead on arrival even before it was formally unveiled.

"That will not pass. It's not going to be supported," said Sen. John Barrasso, a member of Republican leadership in the chamber.

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer, a Maryland Democrat, said in a notice to members Tuesday afternoon that the House is expected to meet Friday morning to vote on the legislation.

The package is expected to cost more than $3 trillion, according to a senior House Democratic aide. Three other aides also told CNN the price tag would be in the $3 trillion range. That would dwarf the stimulus measure enacted in March, which was more than $2 trillion and at the time amounted to the largest emergency aid package in American history.

The bill, which Democrats are calling the Heroes Act, would provide nearly $1 trillion for state and local governments, a $200 billion fund for essential worker hazard pay, an additional $75 billion for Covid-19 testing, tracing and isolation efforts, and a new round of direct payments to Americans of up to $6,000 per household, according to a fact sheet released by the House Appropriations Committee.

House Democrats have pressed ahead with a new stimulus package amid stiff resistance from Republican lawmakers and the White House, who say they want to wait to see the impact of previously enacted relief measures before moving forward with any new package.

Without some Republican support, the House bill cannot pass in the Senate. But unveiling legislation now gives Democrats an opportunity to showcase their priorities and outline their legislative vision for how to help a country in dire straits as a result of the devastating pandemic.

Republican Sen. John Cornyn reiterated Tuesday that he believes there is no "urgency" on passing another coronavirus relief bill when asked if the Senate will likely wait until after Memorial Day recess to take up phase four legislation.

"I don't think there's a sense of urgency to do it now because a lot of the money we've already appropriated hasn't been even gone out the door yet," the Texas Republican told reporters. "So, we're taking one day at a time."

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham said the bill is "dead on arrival" in the Senate.

On phase four, Graham also said "Oh, God, no, no way" about whether the Senate will pass another coronavirus relief bill before the Memorial Day recess. But he added he's "sympathetic" to the idea that the economy will need additional help to recover.

Thats-A-Bold-Strategy-Meme.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/12/politics/3-trillion-aid-package-democrats-house/index.html

(CNN)House Democrats announced a sweeping new Covid-19 stimulus bill on Tuesday with a price tag expected to be more than $3 trillion -- an amount that would stand as the largest relief package in history.

The legislation, which allocates more funding for state and local governments, coronavirus testing, and a new round of direct payments to Americans, sets up an immediate clash with the Republican-controlled Senate, where leaders have said another round of emergency funding is not yet needed.

Line in the sand - drawn. 

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

yeah they made him run away like a scared little bitch.  That's a great look for President of the United States of America.  Good lord it never ends with this guy.

Thy need to do that at every time he speaks. Just be shouting questions while he's trying to talk and run him off the stage. Nobody needs to hear jackass speak 

Guest Lobo

No worries, just cracking wise.   That most of us could still see President Trump of all people speaking in Allen Iverson's voice to disavow how he doesn't take anything seriously until the stagelights are on says a lot.  He obviously listens to the bare minimum so he can out and "shine" at press conferences.  But yesterday proves, this little snowflake sometimes can't handle the pressure.  Can't wait till we see what a debate might look like. 

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I  just assumed we were testing all Trump's quack cures on the kids in the cages and the parents that they don't know anymore. Here, Peedro, trah a li'l injection uh bleach. Fix your brown ass right up. You got nuthin' ta lose, right? Hahahahahahahaahhaaha!

GettyImages-458329272-640x480.jpg

Guest Lobo

So we're gonna throttle down during the biggest uptick in stupid societal behavior since I went to Mardi Gras on mushrooms, and only tack on 60,000 more deaths in the next 12 weeks?  

Okay, glad to know the White House is whacked out of their minds on bleach and menthol cigarettes.  

2 hours ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Forget those doofus guys with their lil guns and camo and patches. A mobilized motivated group of women making noise at the capital right now might send him over the edge. He's ignored the women's marches, but that was because there was still time, the economy was rocking, etc. Not so easy now.

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the point I was making with Bozo. 

I'm not looking for a shit fight. I think the guidelines for the board are that you should comment on links that are posted. Of course, I'm too lazy to look that up, too.

Were you merely posting the link as an fyi? Is there something about the contents that suggest the Obama administration had not done their job adequately or that the plan was so brilliant that we would have only a few thousand deaths had it been implemented?

4 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Forget those doofus guys with their lil guns and camo and patches. A mobilized motivated group of women making noise at the capital right now might send him over the edge. He's ignored the women's marches, but that was because there was still time, the economy was rocking, etc. Not so easy now.

If it's ever safe to march, I believe women will lead the way in all of this. They're are best shot at stanching the bleeding of the republic.

Just now, RomaVicta said:

Were you merely posting the link as an fyi?

Somebody posted a tweet regarding the playbook and its contents.  I posted a link to the playbook for those who were curious as to what its contents were.  That was really the extent of it.  Bozo thought it was a good opportunity to post a "burn it down" quip (which has become largely decontextualized at this point), so I asked if he read the link. That sufficiently summarizes it.