CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

11 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Facemask question--are the 'disposable' kind like this (sorry amazon link) any better than something just cut out of cloth?  

Cloth is just as good as those as long as it has enough layers.  In NYC, I use a washable cloth one for being outside, and an N95 for the grocery store.  I have some surgical masks too, but don't really use them. 

With any of them, you need to steer clear of people without masks. Even though you are courteously keeping your germs to yourself, they are still inconsiderately spewing their germs toward you.

Edited by FondrenRoad
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Cloth is just as good as those as long as it has enough layers.  In NYC, I use a washable cloth one for being outside, and an N95 for the grocery store.  I have some surgical masks too, but don't really use them. 

With any of them, you need to steer clear of people without masks. Even though you are courteously keeping your germs to yourself, they are still inconsiderately spewing their germs toward you.

Thanks, yeah that means I need to upgrade my mask game.  I ordered a cheapie and got what I paid for...was supposedly supporting a charity fronted by Arnold, but its very much the feel of a cut up t-shirt or even nylon.  

As to keeping away from others, I do my best, but on grocery runs as I've mentioned elsewhere I'm unfortunately outnumbered in terms of those being inconsiderate or not.

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

I think this is true.  However, some of the disposable masks fit better than bandanas and homemade masks, and therefore maybe seal your viral load in better.

But I think there's probably a major benefit in directing your breath and other discharge up your face or down your neck rather than straight out your mouth or nose.

1 hour ago, plimon said:

Apologies if this has already been posted...but needs to be seen.

Nice rant and I agree w/ everything she says.  But, as a motorcycle rider... .shut the fuck up and drive, do your rant at home or while pulled over.  Bitch is gonna kill someone.  Fuck that pisses me off. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, plimon said:

She's right about the masks and gloves, but why the fuck is she coming that while driving?

Bitch about one irresponsible act while committing another?

Edited by Grade of D as in David
Diggler beat me to it

2 hours ago, plimon said:

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

God, I love a woman that can swear.....

She had me at "I'M A LITTLE FUCKING PISSED OFF" at the 3 second mark.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-coronavirus-vaccine-researcher-covid-19-cure-60-minutes/

"In China, EcoHealth has worked for 15 years with the Wuhan Institute of Virology. Together they've catalogued hundreds of bat viruses, research that is critical right now. 

Peter Daszak: The breakthrough drug, Remdesivir, that seems to have some impact on COVID-19 was actually tested against the viruses we discovered under our NIH research funding...

...But his funding from the NIH, the U.S. National Institutes of Health, was killed, two weeks ago, by a political disinformation campaign targeting China's Wuhan Institute...

...Scott Pelley: How often are NIH grants terminated in this way?

Maureen Miller: This is the first one I've ever heard of. When they terminate an NIH grant, and it's not something that's usually taken lightly, it is for cause. There's fraud involved at some level. There is either manipulation of the data, you're putting your participants in harm's way, or your data are fraudulent. 

Scott Pelley: And none of those things have been alleged with EcoHealth?

Maureen Miller: Absolutely not. None..."

Shame that Maureen answered that perfectly valid question by Pelley the way she did. I'm looking at that quote above and can see several ways that can be taken out of context, manipulated, and otherwise used by other media to completely slant that any way they want to support the conspiracy theories, much like they've done with Gates and Fauci. I know that happens with many biased media for clicks, but the lives it can ruin or harm in the process is despicable. Wonder if Fauci still has his security detail while quarantined. And how many of the above folks will be harassed?

• Like 1

MLB antibody tested 6,000 of its employees and only 0.7% tested positive. Even if the test had a 20% false negative rate (which would be quite high), the results mean that less than 1% of those 6,000 have been infected.

These antibody tests have been all over the map, but they all point to one conclusion: we are not even remotely fucking close to establishing herd immunity. 

14 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh, I agree. but Dolly in prime doesn't get at much love for the sex symbol, whether she acknowledged it or not, that she was. and yeah, her overall awesomeness turns it up to 11

The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas was a great film for one reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Nice rant and I agree w/ everything she says.  But, as a motorcycle rider... .shut the fuck up and drive, do your rant at home or while pulled over.  Bitch is gonna kill someone.  Fuck that pisses me off. 

eh, motorcycle riders don't really get to make risk assessment judgements.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

h-HO00002071?allowPlaceHolder=true&height=300

I've enjoyed her music since I was young. I don't know why I got "Two Doors Down," stuck in my head this past weekend except a couple of months ago we all watched the movie, Dumplin,' on Netflix again and Dolly and her songs are a feature of that film. (If you're not familiar, it's probably more of a chick flick than a guy film, but we enjoy it. I think my husband tolerates it because it has Jennifer Anniston but he is too kind to say that). It takes awhile sometimes for an ear worm to work its way through the brain and get stuck it seems. I listen to a lot of different types of music so I never know what's going to happen: from Woody Gurthrie to Maynard Ferguson to Leo Kottke to John Phillip Sousa. If it's Loverboy or the Rolling Stones, you hum along, roll with it and keep on moving. If it's that stupid Liberty Mutual commercial, you curse every moment you hear it.

With the SIP, I am listening to a little less music simply because I prefer not to wear earbuds around other family members.

26 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

At this rate of accelerating stupidity, I give it a week before gay conservatives start blowing each other outside the capitol in protest of the bathhouses and glory holes being shut down.

27 minutes ago, Goredho said:

At this rate of accelerating stupidity, I give it a week before gay conservatives start blowing each other outside the capitol in protest of the bathhouses and glory holes being shut down.

I always thought that the plague during the middle ages may have played out differently had people not been so ignorant. What I did not account for was the stupidity of human beings. We would had people saying. "I don't clean or set rat traps. You pussies!"

• Like 1

Guest Lobo
9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

what do you have to lose?

You’re gonna believe the AMA over a guy who needed two weeks just to learn how to pronounce the name of the drug?

ooh,

I like how this guy just now at 3:28-CDT plugging quantitative testing and quality   

Afternoon bike ride along buffalo bayou trying to see Ski, only a few people were wearing masks, 1 person jogging on the wrong side of the path, and lots of people driving right on through the dead traffic light at Memorial and Shepard.

We're so fucking stupid.