CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

Can you provide examples of the bolded? And I don't mean one or two, but enough that would fuel 40% of our population to think that every criticism of Trump is TDS?

Trump crying fake news one time is enough to do that. These peoole don't read objective news.

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, Upgrayedd said:

Was he with her after 5:00p, because that’s when the virus spreads from man to woman.  Or when you’re supposed to stop feeding a gremlin.  One of the two; so much science to keep straight. 

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

I don’t want to give it any google searches, so what do those radial Republicans believe “plandemic” means as if seen this word a few times. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tarahaelle/2020/05/08/why-its-important-to-push-back-on-plandemic-and-how-to-do-it/

Article includes lots of links at the bottom. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

I've seen a surgeon dismantle the plandemic video and my thoughts on it are:

1.  It's information warfare

2.  I don't know who is behind it but it feels like a Manafort-type operation to blame shift the amount of upcoming deaths to Dr. Fauci when those casualties are realized. 

3. It's probably the most dangerous shit I've seen pumped into the bloodstream of social media in the US. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

9 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I've seen a surgeon dismantle the plandemic video and my thoughts on it are:

1.  It's information warfare

2.  I don't know who is behind it but it feels like a Manafort-type operation to blame shift the amount of upcoming deaths to Dr. Fauci when those casualties are realized. 

3. It's probably the most dangerous shit I've seen pumped into the bloodstream of social media in the US. 

The Google Doc link at the bottom is a pretty exhaustive point-by-point refutation. And agreed on #3. This will get people killed.

So, if hydrochlor9quine (or however the fuck that poison pill is spelled), sorry, miracle pill...if this miracle pill can cure it all...does that mean that Dotard and Pencil will be on the miracle pill once they test positive?

Sure hope so.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bolverk said:

Can you provide examples of the bolded? And I don't mean one or two, but enough that would fuel 40% of our population to think that every criticism of Trump is TDS?

This captures what I mean better than anything I have said.

Trump and his followers concede the broad or major point in order to argue the ephemera.  And the press has been a more than willing arguer of ephemera, causing the broader or more major point to be lost in the noise.

30 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

the concept of tests isn't great because then we might find out who has it.  

i need a drink.

Wait.   I thought there was going to be a vaccine by end of year.

Or didn't he previously promise end of summer, back in March?  i can't find it, though, and the story's changed so many times that google doesn't help.  

"A federal investigative office has found “reasonable grounds to believe” that the Trump administration was retaliating against a whistle-blower, Dr. Rick Bright, when he was ousted from a government research agency combating the coronavirus, and said he should be reinstated for 45 days while it investigates, his lawyers said Friday.

The lawyers, Debra S. Katz and Lisa J. Banks, said in a statement that they were notified late Thursday afternoon that the Office of Special Counsel, which protects whistle-blowers, had “made a threshold determination” that the Department of Health and Human Services “violated the Whistleblower Protection Act by removing Dr. Bright from his position because he made protected disclosures in the best interest of the American public.”"

Federal Watchdog Says Coronavirus Whistle-Blower Should Be Reinstated as It Investigates https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB13Oeki?m=en-us&referrerID=InAppShare

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

This captures what I mean better than anything I have said.

Trump and his followers concede the broad or major point in order to argue the ephemera.  And the press has been a more than willing arguer of ephemera, causing the broader or more major point to be lost in the noise.

Yeah, but that doesn't really address the line that I bolded where you accused his opponents of "countering Trump's unverifiable assertions with unverifiable assertions of their own and sometimes ones that strained credibility as much or more than Trump." That's what I questioning.

Now, I will agree with the idea that an "orange man bad" argument won't get you very far with his supporters, because that does indeed appear to be a big part of his appeal for them.

I'm old enough to remember back in the days before November 2016 when the old CR was the primary residence of those who now occupy DT when they were absolutely gleeful about wallowing in his hot orange shit. That's absolutely what got them most excited about his candidacy and brings up a classic Brisketism that cruelty isn't a bug; it's a feature. It's  kind of the point.

But, contrary to that article, they won't even argue that bit of "ephemera." Hell, they won't argue about any of his policies. Instead, they've fucking left the board and refuse to address anything, which is why they've largely abandoned it altogether and have retreated into their own "no politics' safe space and flatly refuse to acknowledge any criticism with the threat of getting his critics banned.

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

it really seems like this lost his attention when he saw the demographics of who it was killing most.

He seemed to have given up as soon as he was called out for his bleach injection suggestion. He's taken his ball and gone home.

In other words, our "war president" has capitulated to the "silent enemy."

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, texas08 said:

So, if hydrochlor9quine (or however the fuck that poison pill is spelled), sorry, miracle pill...if this miracle pill can cure it all...does that mean that Dotard and Pencil will be on the miracle pill once they test positive?

Sure hope so.

What do they have to lose? Take it! Save yourselves! MAGA! Seriously, MAGA!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Rachel Maddow was great on this subject last night. I begin to feel like she's the only real news person on national TV. She actually reports and analyzes news. She mines the print media, but she brings actual news stories with the actual reporters.

She's been the most informative TV person on this entire subject as far as what I've seen.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Miller will be fine.  Only humans die from it.

Sleeping in a sarcophagus and not being "alive" pretty much has SM totally shielded from the virus.

Is his wife a sleeper cell? How else do you explain a non-white marrying him?

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Rachel Maddow was great on this subject last night. I begin to feel like she's the only real news person on national TV. She actually reports and analyzes news. She mines the print media, but she brings actual news stories with the actual reporters.

She's been the most informative TV person on this entire subject as far as what I've seen.

Trump would listen to the exact same reporting if it came from a blonde with big tits who talked into the camera with a sexy “I want you daddy” voice.