CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

10 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

We are so screwed. To be fair, at the end of the video the man said he tested negative twice, but this is beyond stupid to go around giving interviews. Even if he is young and not in danger, he is clueless as to whom he exposes and their health issues.

But coughing on Fox News and possibly infecting your daughter to own the libs.

28 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

We are so screwed. To be fair, at the end of the video the man said he tested negative twice, but this is beyond stupid to go around giving interviews. Even if he is young and not in danger, he is clueless as to whom he exposes and their health issues.

whether he has the coronavirus or common cold, that is negligent fucking behavior around a child. All for a news stunt. Fuck that guy

Edited by CheesePie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

As much as I dislike this President and this administration I am praying some of these early negative stories coming out are false.

I don't WANT the truth to be "we were so busy denying it was a problem that we mishandled it from the get-go letting it become a crisis and now that it is a crisis we're more focused on repressing any bad news than in actually developing a coherent and well-communicated strategy to manage it" -- really, I don't.  I don't want people to die.  I don't want the economy to go in the shitter costing people their jobs and their financial security.  

But what in the BLUE FUCK have you seen from this administration that tells you that the EXACT thing I don't want to happen ISN'T exactly what has happened, is happening, and will happen?

This is one of the "worst case scenarios" that we've been talking about and worried about from the very beginning.  An administration built on a three-legged stool of 1) denial of objective truth, 2) valuing loyalty above any other attribute (like knowledge, or skill, or experience), and 3) utter incompetence, facing a comprehensive and complex crisis.....this is going to go EXACTLY as we feared: it will go terribly.  This is EXACTLY why we didn't want this fucking clownshow wrapped in a goat rodeo covered in runny shit "having its finger on the nuclear button" or "leading the response to a pandemic."  The rest of its fuckery (cruelty, mismanagement of the simplest of tasks, shortsighted decision-making) has been the icing.....this, this is the rotten fucking cake, and we're going to have to choke down the whole fucking thing.

This is what happens when you put a narcissistic anti-intellectual sociopath in charge of the country.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 4

Kot9DvF.jpg

Is this your response to the pandemic Donnie? 

Is this yours Donnie? 

Look Donnie, have you ever heard of Vietnam? 

You're entering a world of pain, son.  We know this is your response.

You're killing your country Donnie!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thrawn said:

Not a huge fan either, but something just feels right about it when I go to the beach. Maybe it will warm up enough tomorrow to hit a spring training game, then end the day at the tiki bar on the beach with more than a few Coronas. Sounds better than hanging out on the lanai with a bottle of bourbon. Though that is plan B at this point.

FYI.  Went with Bud Light...the devil you know and all that.

5 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I ain't worried. Larry Kudlow is Trump's top economic adviser, and he says the coronavirus won't lead to an economic downturn.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/economy/485210-trumps-top-economic-adviser-coronavirus-wont-sink-economy

I had my tonsils taken out in December 2007 so was at home and for some strange reason started watching a lot of CNBC. Larry kudlow was on there constantly talking about the “Goldilocks” economy and how there was nothing to worry about. 

Edited by JimmyJames

11 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Actually, this isn't wrong.

A pandemic that interrupts supply chains etc. (cascade of negative economic effects) will often lead to a recession.  

Fortunately, there are two time-honored tools for injecting some go-juice into an economy to soften the blow of/shorten a recession: tax cuts/incentives and lowering interest rates.

UNFORTUNATELY.....this fucking dumbass administration did what a shitload of us (including every economist worth a shit) said it should NOT do: use those techniques to inject fuel into the carburetor of an economy that was already humming along, because then those tools wouldn't be available later, when we would need them.  The admin pushed a massive tax cut, and they've put overwhelming pressure on the Fed not to raise interest rates (if they stay near zero, then you can't later lower them to pump up he flow of money).  Metaphorically, we ate our seed corn so that the admin could crow about what a glorious and bounteous feast we were having thanks to them.....but now that we need that seed corn, whoops, we ate it all.

Idiocy.  Idiocy that rang all the alarm bells.  Nobody who fucking mattered listened.

13 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Trump:  If corporations are people, and the economy includes all the corporations, then the economy... its like a whole bunch of people.  Innocent people about to die!  We must save the economy at all costs!  Get me tax breaks, interest rate cuts and subsidies, STAT!

Joe America:  Mr President, the rest of the public and I would humbly ask that you spend our federal resources bolstering public health so that those of us who are sick might live.

Trump:  We are helping the sick!  Sick corporations that are really just people.  Gasping for breath, fading away.  APPLE!  EXXON! WALMART!  DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT!  STAY AWAY FROM THE LIGHT!

Joe America:  But what about us, sir?  We're... uh... people, too.

Trump:  Hah!  Really?  If so, tell me this -- What is your stock price?

Joe America:  We, uh, don't have a stock price, I don't think.

Trump:  Ever pay out dividends?

Americans:  No.

Trump:  Don't take me for an idiot!  Stephen!  Get this... whatever it is... out of here!  Put it in Pence's office and tell him I said that he's in charge of the coronavirus response, so he needs to deal with it.

Stephen Miller:  But sir...

Trump:  Goddamit, Stephen!  What?!

Stephen Miller:  Sir, the Vice President is having "executive time" sir.

Trump:  Executive time?  I'm the executive around here!

Stephen Miller:  He's "praying", sir.

Trump: Praying?

Stephen Miller whispers:  He and his intern -- his male intern -- are praying.  Under his desk, sir.  Ardently.

Trump: FUCK!  Why did I ever choose Pansy Pence to be my VP?!

Stephen Miller:  He is a man of God who cements your relationship with evangelicals, sir.

Trump:  Fine, just... give this thing some of my hats and get rid of it.

Joe America:  Mr President, I can hear you, and I take offense to...

Trump:  YOU'RE FIRED!

Stephen Miller:  Uh, sir... You are no longer starring in "The Apprentice".

Trump:  YOU'RE FIRED, TOO!

Stephen Miller motions out the door and Hope Hicks walks in.  She begins stroking Trump's hair, which falls out in her hands.  Trump closes his eyes in peaceful contentment.

Hope Hicks:  Oh, pooor Donnie.  Have the evil, do nothing democrats been attacking you again for no good reason?  Oh, my poor boy...

Stephen Miller, ushering Joe America away:  If you will please step this way.  As you heard, the President hears you and understands your concerns and is ready to do whatever it takes to ensure that you have a happy and healthy future here in America.

Joe America:  But... I, we...  We are America

Stephen Miller turns and picks up several MAGA hats.  When he turns back, a dark and sinister look covers his face...

Stephen Miller:  No, the President is America, and you would do well to remember that.

Stephen Miller, now smiling congenially:  There you are!  Now, run along, and we will call you soon for another visit when the President has an opening in his schedule.  Thank you!  Goodbye!

* the White House door slams in America's face *

• Like 1

Has it occurred to any Trump supporters that he has missed several dozen opportunities over the last couple of weeks with regard to the coronavirus, to mention prayer or Jesus or his faith or our need as a Christian nation to Ask God to help us through this predicament?  

Anytime there has been a public health outbreak, The sitting president would typically end his remarks with some mention of prayer for the sick or wisdom from God Or at the very least the old saying “and may God bless the United States”

if your dumb ass still believes that Trump is an agent of the Lord, however flawed he may be, sent to us At a critical time in our nation’s history As the answer to your prayers..... Then this virus is on you.  And Trump is the angel of death.  

you will not be saved by Jesus   
you will not be saved by Trump

you will not be saved at all 

Edited by Lobo

7 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Remember the outrage at the mere mention in passing of someone named Barron by Marie Yovanovitch? Pepperidge Farm remembers. A pawn to avoid pandemic paranoia. How pleasant.

Slight correction, it was not Marie Yovanovitch.  She is a diplomat.

It was some heretofore unheard of con law prof.

Bernie voted against a version of the Magnitsky Act that included Iran sanctions that put the Iran nuclear deal at risk (and also hurt the Iranian people, as sanctions do).

He was basically the only person who did, because it was politically unpopular to do so. The Republicans set it up so only a candidate with courage would vote against it and be called a pro-Putin puppet by Republicans and idiots and bad-faith trolls.

One of the major is issues with economic sanctions is how it restricts medical necessities.

People are dying in Iran because of the economic sanctions. 

Nay: Sanders (I - VT)

Yea: Warren (D - MA)

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk