CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

politically neither party wants to shoulder any blame for lack of response so both parties should be maneuvering to let it fall on the other. You saw trump starting to blame “some” in the govt yesterday but I believe he didn’t say democrats (yet) but admittedly I didn’t watch the entire speech.

3 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

Of course zork is posting QAnon bullshit.  Of course. 

To be fair, he did add a disclaimer, and it's not out of the realm of possibility considering Italy has the second highest number of Coronavirus cases after China.

Not to mention the Pope's age puts him in the highest risk category.

All that said, he probably just has a cold.

politically neither party wants to shoulder any blame for lack of response so both parties should be maneuvering to let it fall on the other. You saw trump starting to blame “some” in the govt yesterday but I believe he didn’t say democrats (yet) but admittedly I didn’t watch the entire speech.

Which party is in power of the Senate, Executive, Judiciary? What power does the House have over agencies like the CDC in contradiction to the others mentioned above?

43 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Which party is in power of the Senate, Executive, Judiciary? What power does the House have over agencies like the CDC in contradiction to the others mentioned above?

More importantly, what laws have not been passed by the House that the President has wanted on the issue?

• Like 1

They just announced the first 3 confirmed cases here in the Czech Republic.  2 in Prague (one of whom is a 20 year old American girl) and 1 in a smaller city near the German border (or boarder for the Trumpers).

All three contracted it in Italy.  

Game on.

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

I’m not arguing truth or reason but what can said in political rallies. and people will eventually believe what they want.

if Dems we’re forward thinking they would say they support all trumps actions 100%. And what does he need from them.

of course I wouldn’t put it past trump to produce virus “concentration camps”  that would seem to align with his gut reactions. 

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I’m not arguing truth or reason but what can said in political rallies. and people will eventually believe what they want.

if Dems we’re forward thinking they would say they support all trumps actions 100%. And what does he need from them.

of course I wouldn’t put it past trump to produce virus “concentration camps”  that would seem to align with his gut reactions. 

What?  Is this some counter sub-conscious espionage?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nivek said:

What?  Is this some counter sub-conscious espionage?

Yes.  Trump doesn't give a shit about anything except being praised.  You can get whatever you want from him as long as you blow smoke up his ass.  All he wants is a pat on the head and a "good dog" in return.  This is why he has been the white nationalist dream candidate.  He is completely pliable.  

And its also why people with actual ethics haven't been able to bend his ear.  They refuse to play the pet the narcissist game.

I think they should say, “This is a public health emergency of the highest importance and we need to focus on getting a handle on it.  There will be time to look back on what could and should have been done strategically in recent years and tactically during the outbreak.  But that discussion needs to be had once we have ramped up our ability to respond to this threat.”

Keep accruing facts but wait to drop it all in June/July when things slow a bit with warming weather and as a response to Trump claiming victory over Coronavirus.

7 hours ago, FondrenRoad said:

Yes.  Trump doesn't give a shit about anything except being praised.  You can get whatever you want from him as long as you blow smoke up his ass.  All he wants is a pat on the head and a "good dog" in return.  This is why he has been the white nationalist dream candidate.  He is completely pliable.  

And its also why people with actual ethics haven't been able to bend his ear.  They refuse to play the pet the narcissist game.

It is not praise he is after.  It is blind support for his graft and money.  If he can't use you to enrich himself privately while you kiss his ass then you are useless.  He turned on his Sean Spicer and screwed him out of an opportunity to meet the Pope, just because he could.   

https://mynorthwest.com/1741807/shoppers-hand-sanitizer-toilet-paper-coronavirus/?

I always hate when this happens to grocery stores before a measly ice storm in Texas,  but people in Seattle are buying up the shelves of Costco. 

I guess if you can stock up on bottled water and hand sanitizer do so, because who knows when what’s happening in Seattle will be happening in Texas.

10 hours ago, DixonHur said:

They just announced the first 3 confirmed cases here in the Czech Republic.  2 in Prague (one of whom is a 20 year old American girl) and 1 in a smaller city near the German border (or boarder for the Trumpers).

All three contracted it in Italy.  

Game on.

What’s the smaller city?  Is it near Bayreuth, Germany?

1 hour ago, Voldemort86 said:

https://mynorthwest.com/1741807/shoppers-hand-sanitizer-toilet-paper-coronavirus/?

I always hate when this happens to grocery stores before a measly ice storm in Texas,  but people in Seattle are buying up the shelves of Costco. 

I guess if you can stock up on bottled water and hand sanitizer do so, because who knows when what’s happening in Seattle will be happening in Texas.

And booze. Might want to stock up on booze. 

obvious play is that cases are already in CA, will spread.  Other cases will be prevalent in certain large cities.  Every one will be democrat controlled.  Trump will blame those areas and their (something associated with D) as the fault to the spread.  This is no different than any other issue in his presidency.  Look for the angle.  Use it. 

100% correct. #IMpotus will blame cities for being under democratic control, their uncontrolled homeless population, illegal immigrant population and the dem controlled house for the spread of the trumpvirus. Tumpkins will eat it up 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

obvious play is that cases are already in CA, will spread.  Other cases will be prevalent in certain large cities.  Every one will be democrat controlled.  Trump will blame those areas and their (something associated with D) as the fault to the spread.  This is no different than any other issue in his presidency.  Look for the angle.  Use it. 

Nobody with an IQ above retard level will buy it.

19 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/

I suspected as much. This makes me ragey. China sucks.

And fuck our own piss poor govt while we are at it.

i strongly believe this virus was cooked up by the chinese govt to use on protesters. it wasn't completed though, takes too long to kick in. hard to protest when you're in bed with the flu and 10% of your fellow protesters are dying off.  

25 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i strongly believe this virus was cooked up by the chinese govt to use on protesters. it wasn't completed though, takes too long to kick in. hard to protest when you're in bed with the flu and 10% of your fellow protesters are dying off.  

Out of curiousity, what makes you "strongly believe" this?   

4 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

That's not really evidence, since any number of things would be much easier ways to tame protesters and not run the risk of infecting your entire population with a lethal disease. 

very good point 

56 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

i strongly believe this virus was cooked up by the chinese govt to use on protesters. it wasn't completed though, takes too long to kick in. hard to protest when you're in bed with the flu and 10% of your fellow protesters are dying off.  

I have no doubt the Chinese are working on biological weapons. I have no information leading me to conclude this particular virus is their creation. But I have no doubt they (and every other country working on bio weapons, including our own) will be working these strains with more vigor given the power this novel virus has wielded across the world. The DoD and IC does not like surprises. So we will adjust our plans and defenses accordingly. 

We are decoupling from China as a nation. The growing nationalism in China, predatory economic policies, and imperialistic military policies gave the US no choice. Multinationals understand the decoupling and understand the national security threat from our dependence on the Chinese supply chain. There is bipartisan agreement to become less dependent on China. That can be peaceful with skillful diplomacy. But the US will prepare for conflict - as we do with every other adversary or potential adversary.

We are living the Great US/China decoupling at this moment. The most shameful facet of it is how Asians in America are looked down upon by some because of the Coronavirus. We all can and must do better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DixonHur said:

No.  

Ústí nad Labem...about 100 miles from Dresden

Thanks. My cousin works in Bayreuth, and my grandmother lives about halfway between there and Bamberg. She turns 90 on Easter Sunday, I’ll be flying over for it along with most of our family. I’m paranoid about us bringing this shit to her.  Her village has about 15 houses in it and she gets bread and drinks delivered. One of my aunts lives with her, and where she shops for stuff is also in a really small town, so I’m hoping they can avoid it. 

5 hours ago, washparkhorn said:

I have no doubt the Chinese are working on biological weapons. I have no information leading me to conclude this particular virus is their creation. But I have no doubt they (and every other country working on bio weapons, including our own) will be working these strains with more vigor given the power this novel virus has wielded across the world. The DoD and IC does not like surprises. So we will adjust our plans and defenses accordingly. 

We are decoupling from China as a nation. The growing nationalism in China, predatory economic policies, and imperialistic military policies gave the US no choice. Multinationals understand the decoupling and understand the national security threat from our dependence on the Chinese supply chain. There is bipartisan agreement to become less dependent on China. That can be peaceful with skillful diplomacy. But the US will prepare for conflict - as we do with every other adversary or potential adversary.

We are living the Great US/China decoupling at this moment. The most shameful facet of it is how Asians in America are looked down upon by some because of the Coronavirus. We all can and must do better. 

I’d love to believe that, but capitalism makes that pretty hard to swallow. The government will probably subsidize some rare earth mining and refinement just so they don’t have us completely by the balls, but US companies will still lean on their labor because Americans don’t want to spend more money on basic shit, much less electronics. 

• Like 1

We do now this strain was stolen from a Canadian lab in 2009. The Chinese were trying to weaponize, come up with a vaccine or both. It didn't come from snake penis and bat soup but someone from the lab infected that market.

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

We do now this strain was stolen from a Canadian lab in 2009. The Chinese were trying to weaponize, come up with a vaccine or both. It didn't come from snake penis and bat soup but someone from the lab infected that market.

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

48 minutes ago, DaysOff said:
7 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Yeah, I'm gonna need to see some sources on that one.

It's amazing that Trumpers will believe this shit without a shred of evidence, but not that Trump...oh, where do I begin...

Fucking idiots

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:
8 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

I haven't been keeping up. How do we know this? 

21 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Heard it on an NPR podcast. If you can't trust Canadians who can you trust.

Yeah.. you heard it on NPR... sure it wasn't Zerohedge or twitter??

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/did-china-steal-coronavirus-canada-and-weaponize-it

https://factcheck.afp.com/chinese-spies-did-not-steal-deadly-coronavirus-canada

Some of you may not be a supporter, but she had this covered. When SHTF I want someone who can move quickly and capably. And I want someone who doesn't immediately think old, white and male = expert. Women need not apply. The nation keeps writing her off, telling her to quit, why bother cause you can't win, but an intelligent capable human being who happens to be a woman is still in this race and I will not apologize for voting for her.

She has had a plan for awhile now.

Link to the plan is here:https://elizabethwarren.com/plans/combating-infectious-disease-outbreaks

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Heard it on an NPR podcast. If you can't trust Canadians who can you trust.

Yeah, I listen to NPR every day -- zero mention of that.  That's fucking stupid conspiracy-theory bullshit.

Nobody had to invent coronaviruses -- they already exist, they're called the common cold.  We've seen them in more virulent and deadly form before, in nature (including animal to human crossover) -- SARS and MERS.  There's no reason to think this is any different.

Spanish flu was a flu virus, but in a form that made it much more harmful than a typical flu virus.

COVID19 is a coronavirus, but in a form that makes it much more harmful than a typical coronavirus.

That's it. Occam's razor, folks.  There was no secret govt lab in 1918 that released a deadly virus, and there's not one now.  This shit happens.

• Like 1

• immamac changed the title to CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk