CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

12 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6e40b350d5f49b4f311bdc624fe4ddac.jpeg

Looks pretty evenly distributed between election blue and red states. In fact 4 out of the 5 states with highest per capital death rates went blue. 

Edited by EuroHorn

2 hours ago, EuroHorn said:

Looks pretty evenly distributed between election blue and red states. In fact 4 out of the 5 states with highest per capital death rates went blue. 

Now look at when those deaths happened.  The vast majority of "blue state deaths" happened early on when we were flying blind.  The "red state deaths" happened later when we knew how to treat patients better.

• Hook 'Em 2

DT is just a revolving door of reverse engineered reasons not to get vaccinated or not wear a mask. Sometimes they use half-truths, parts of scientific studies misused by Fox News, Prager U videos, other random “studies” funded by right wing think tanks. 
That sounds hideous.

Now look at when those deaths happened.  The vast majority of "blue state deaths" happened early on when we were flying blind.  The "red state deaths" happened later when we knew how to treat patients better.
Yeah equating the challenges of a pandemic in NY or Cali vs fucking Miss is some smart shit.
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Today on Fox:  Biden is now an anti-vaxxer who does not believe in science, while Trump was in support of mask wearing, getting the population vaccinated and followed the science:

The world would be a much better place if these people got covid and died.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Will someone please explain to me why people are scared of the covid vaccine but not the 100 other vaccines out there? 

I am nowhere near an antivaxxer, but new and unproven MRNA vaccines that had never been tried before is a reason for pause. I still took the shots (well, second one is later today), but I am not surprised people are skeptical of this type of vaccine. However if they just stopped at "new and unproven" then they're likely not very smart or capable of critical thinking or too lazy to do their own research. Or perhaps some of all three.

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68

Like Beau said in the other thread, I don't even reply to those kinds of things.  You can't win. 

Related, my wife had found a small Yoga class locally that she was enjoying.  But when she described the teacher to me, I got "too much hippie" vibes.  But I shut up. Masks and what not, well OK, whatever.  Then today she banned my wife from the class because my wife got vaccinated.    Holy shit.

• Rage+1 2

14 minutes ago, Okie State said:
39 minutes ago, Fletch said:
Un-fucking-real. Old time friend of mine. We don’t talk politics much but when we do holy fucking shit
0FFF8F35-FEE7-4D91-A162-CE36EB70E98E.jpeg.c2d0fb6f59b667213e54a6a1c1b3a80a.jpeg
352117FB-A980-41B2-9563-AEF0455D4317.jpeg.8730404907bcc2cf7967a831908de6a7.jpeg
BD807D55-D5D1-4131-BAB8-49DE3383EDE5.thumb.jpeg.6c8d07c3f18d86c843a0a993b9f178f7.jpeg
4614ADC7-C953-40BC-A5B3-AB2D1AB6EE9A.thumb.jpeg.458a01e47bf8c952476256a62a8ea6aa.jpeg

He seems smart.

Watching the teacher call on him in class in middle and high school was a thing of beauty. Like watching Butt-Head answering questions. He didn’t go to college, he’s been driving 18 wheelers for the last 8ish years but somehow he’s now a constitutional law expert and knows more about epidemiology than Fauci, the CDC, Pfizer and Moderna. Oh and George Floyd died of an over dose. THE MEDIA DOESNT WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT!!! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Like Beau said in the other thread, I don't even reply to those kinds of things.  You can't win. 

Related, my wife had found a small Yoga class locally that she was enjoying.  But when she described the teacher to me, I got "too much hippie" vibes.  But I shut up. Masks and what not, well OK, whatever.  Then today she banned my wife from the class because my wife got vaccinated.    Holy shit.

This is that weird ass horseshoe of the far left and far right actually overlapping on certain things.  Everything is a conspiracy to the extremes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This is that weird ass horseshoe of the far left and far right actually overlapping on certain things.  Everything is a conspiracy to the extremes.

Yeah you might be right.  I consider myself on the “leftist” side of the house but I am not a hippie New Ager who believes in tarot cards,  crystals, or anthropomorphizing “the universe.”

“We just don’t trust it” boggles the goddamned mind when you consider all the things they do trust.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

The crystal people on the left are just as crazy as the right 

Edited by Neonmoon
Typing is hard
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It's true he never said injec bleach. He said inject disinfectant, of which bleach is just one. 

Yeah I wasn’t in the mood to look up the exact quote. I haven’t seen him on tv or Fox News and thank fuck he’s got kicked off Twitter. Jesus waking up every day wondering what that crazy dude tweeted at 5 am or whatever 

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yeah I wasn’t in the mood to look up the exact quote. I haven’t seen him on tv or Fox News and thank fuck he’s got kicked off Twitter. Jesus waking up every day wondering what that crazy dude tweeted at 5 am or whatever 

He did say something about bleach during that passage, about how it can disinfect surfaces. It’s always bothered me, though, how everyone says he said we should inject bleach. It’s not precise. (But fairly accurate.) But anyone who quibbles over the issue is trying to defend Trump as not being a complete fucking moron and that’s an indefensible position. The man openly pondered the idea of injecting disinfectant into the human body as a way of combating the virus on live tv. (He said something similar about getting UV light into the body because it’s also effective at decontaminating surfaces.) We all saw it. And he was up there showcasing his stupidity because Dr. Anthony Fauci was getting better ratings than he was and the reality tv star couldn’t handle that. So he sidelined the doctor.

He claimed windmills cause cancer.

He suggested nuclear weapons could be used to disable hurricanes.

He thinks stealth airplanes are actually invisible to the human eye.

When asked about western liberalism, he criticized Democratic politicians in California.

He said “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.”

He said he thought being President would be easier.

He thinks a wall can be built that no human can climb, and that a wall would prevent the influx of drugs into our country, and that he could make Mexico pay for that wall.

He claimed to be smarter than everyone else. Nobody who is smarter than everyone else would ever make such a claim. In fact, when you hear someone say something like that it’s a sure sign you’re listening to a moron.

He said he’s a “very stable genius.” No very stable genius would ever say that. If you believed him then you’re a fucking moron too. How can anyone be so gullible?

He claimed he has a very big brain. (Actually he said “a-brain” but that’s beside the point.) If you can’t identify Donald J. Trump as the dumbest motherfucker ever to hold public office in this country then there is something seriously wrong with you. And I’ve got a bridge to sell you.  

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

He did say something about bleach during that passage, about how it can disinfect surfaces. It’s always bothered me, though, how everyone says he said we should inject bleach. It’s not precise. (But fairly accurate.) But anyone who quibbles over the issue is trying to defend Trump as not being a complete fucking moron and that’s an indefensible position. The man openly pondered the idea of injecting disinfectant into the human body as a way of combating the virus on live tv. (He said something similar about getting UV light into the body because it’s also effective at decontaminating surfaces.) We all saw it. And he was up there showcasing his stupidity because Dr. Anthony Fauci was getting better ratings than he was and the reality tv star couldn’t handle that. So he sidelined the doctor.

He claimed windmills cause cancer.

He suggested nuclear weapons could be used to disable hurricanes.

He thinks stealth airplanes are actually invisible to the human eye.

When asked about western liberalism, he criticized Democratic politicians in California.

He said “Nobody knew health care could be so complicated.”

He said he thought being President would be easier.

He thinks a wall can be built that no human can climb, and that a wall would prevent the influx of drugs into our country, and that he could make Mexico pay for that wall.

He claimed to be smarter than everyone else. Nobody who is smarter than everyone else would ever make such a claim. In fact, when you hear someone say something like that it’s a sure sign you’re listening to a moron.

He said he’s a “very stable genius.” No very stable genius would ever say that. If you believed him then you’re a fucking moron too. How can anyone be so gullible?

He claimed he has a very big brain. (Actually he said “a-brain” but that’s beside the point.) If you can’t identify Donald J. Trump as the dumbest motherfucker ever to hold public office in this country then there is something seriously wrong with you. And I’ve got a bridge to sell you.  

And I've got a wall to sell you.

Fify

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

More on breakthrough cases...

Screenshot-2021-05-04-210223.jpg

great numbers!

so if you assume only symptomatic cases are likely to transmit, then .007% of vaxed population show symptoms and might actually spread the disease.  These numbers are probably more reflective of dwindling US C19 case rate.  If you transplanted those 95 million into India right now, the number of breakthrough cases would likely to climb to the 10% efficacy seen in the trials (which is still awesome).  

I think numbers like this should really push the CDC to relax even further their guidelines for vaxed people in US. 

5 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Look, they tested him.  He aced it.  Person, woman, man, camera, TV.

if i did that same exercise in my office right now my words would be "monitor, speaker, cup, bobblehead, computer"

Edited by elfenix

Guest Lobo
5 minutes ago, AggieFactFinder said:

I wonder if you could possibly have come up with a worse example?  The Republican House voted 135-2 and the Republican Senate 30-1 to stop the executive order.  I can't remember an issue in my lifetime that was more opposed by a Texas governor's own supporters.   

I know the House and Senate opposed him.  I'm talking about the fact that he had some support from the general public on it.  Same kind of people who think "No vaccine for my kid, don't trust it" were gonna go all in for Perry's HPV.  Ironic thing is both Covid-19 and HPV can be prevented by wearing masks.  

46 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Who’s we? I want names of your online gang of bad ass politics talkers

This is my favorite part from the usuals.

The Surly Liberal Cabal TM, of course.

Edited by DDD Dad

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Yeah, all those states that nuked their economies did a fucking wonderful job protecting grandma.

for all those "nuked economies", the stock market sure is soaring at all time highs - that's all you care about right, is your 401k?

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

for all those "nuked economies", the stock market sure is soaring at all time highs - that's all you care about right, is your 401k?

It's wonderful for all those hourly employees and small businesses that have been fucked.  Because they own lots of stock.

And no, I barely even look at my tax deferred retirement accounts.  They are not material to me.