Kyler Murray - The Savior or Satan of OU Football

closetojumping

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As long as we stop Rodney Anderson. The games where the QB was considered  a dual threat was where we "struggled" defensively (if you want to pick nits about our defense). Most of the damage wasn't actually done by the dual threat QB, but by the RB's. It's like we focused so much much on making sure the QB wasn't going to take off that we forgot how to defend a simple Iso or off-guard hand off. 

Edited by TankedBevo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

As long as we stop Rodney Anderson. The games where the QB was considered  a dual threat was where we "struggled" defensively (if you want to pick nits about our defense). Most of the damage wasn't actually done by the dual threat QB, but by the RB's. It's like we focused so much much on making sure the QB wasn't going to take off that we forgot how to defend a simple Iso or off-guard hand off. 

That dude torched UGA. Yet his buddy Kyle Porter averages 1.2 ypc

1 hour ago, Hamttx said:

I don’t know about savior, but aggy is not exactly the place to look for player development. Sumlin had no idea what he was doing. He beat the teams he beat by simply having better players. Totally wiffed on the greatest aggy of all time by not even winning their division. So what this kid did while enrolled there really doesn’t mean much.

He is now in year two of a system that has shown it can work if everyone does their job. Though I struggle with his ability to make the same throws that Mayfield did. 

I see him as a grab the snap, take a quick look, and run like hell kind of guy. Combine that with OU’s traditional sieve defense, and I don’t see them winning any of their tougher games, including us.

If Oklahoma was still questionable in assured wins as the loss to Iowa State last season with Mayfield, it is a wait & see event as I heard at aggy, KM ratio Int's/ TD was in the negative...

18 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I can't imagine Kyler having a strong arm.  Ou will rely so heavily on their run game.  if their run game isn't clicking, teams will drop 7 and dare kyler to throw over his own Oline safeties 

fify 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, victory88 said:

I can't imagine Kyler having a strong arm.  Ou will rely so heavily on their run game.  if their run game isn't clicking, teams will drop 7 and dare kyler to throw over the safeties.  

This is stupid. He has a major league baseball arm. 

Watch all of his throws, but especially the 1:50 deep ball. 

Edited by Constant

we all know how this is gonna go, that little fuckwad is going to throw for 350 yds and 3 tds a game and be a Heisman candidate because God hates us for some reason.
Not a chance, he hates contact and it will happen at some point..

I just hope it's early and often on a certain warm October day in Dallas. It will be glorious seeing him buried under the flowing blonde mane of Hager, or crushed by any of our DT's. If Nelson wants to audition for the NFL, that will be the day..

1 hour ago, Constant said:

This is stupid. He has a major league baseball arm. 

Watch all of his throws, but especially the 1:50 deep ball. 

I mean...his arm is a question among baseball scouts...he's not Vlad Guerrero.

But yeah, the dude's a good athlete and I'm sure his arm is good enough. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

1 hour ago, ousux said:

Not a chance, he hates contact and it will happen at some point..

I just hope it's early and often on a certain warm October day in Dallas. It will be glorious seeing him buried under the flowing blonde mane of Hager, or crushed by any of our DT's. If Nelson wants to audition for the NFL, that will be the day..

He’s a shifty little gnome with lots of athleticism and will likely have his moments. But I agree, a few solid pops and he could fold like an origami instructor. Hopefully Orlando will bring enough heat to find out.

1 minute ago, deft said:

This is a good point. Nobody has ever gotten a deep ball on Tulane.

It wasn’t a matter of him completing it at all. I was responding to the tard who said, “I can’t imagine Kyler having a strong arm.”

He throws the ball 65 yards in the air. 

5 minutes ago, Constant said:

It wasn’t a matter of him completing it at all. I was responding to the tard who said, “I can’t imagine Kyler having a strong arm.”

He throws the ball 65 yards in the air. 

Lots of QB’s can rainbow chuck it 60+ yards. Arm strength is about being able to zip the ball on a line with good velocity. It’s what baseball scouts look for in outfielders too, which is why Murray’s arm was a question mark.

22 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

kmewok1_zpsmzd4xosr.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=

I'm sure it has already appeared in this thread, probably multiple times, but I don't care. 

Every time I see the name of this thread, this is all I can't think of. 

I will never hear his name again without this mental image.

Yep. I made this one, too. Was going to post it yesterday, then got locked out of my account.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

IDGAF what he did against Florida Intergalactic. Meaningless. 

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

IDGAF what he did against Florida Intergalactic. Meaningless. 

From the looks of things yesterday, in 2 months people are going to be saying "Idgaf what he did against texas.  Meaningless "

• Haha 1