Its happening (stadium renovations)

RowdyVic

1 hour ago, Droopy said:

I’ve sat on the 50 and in the end zone. I guess being able to tell if it’s a first down is cool but I enjoy the players view/perspective more. Id take SEZ seats in a heartbeat. 

Lot of ex coaches and players would rather see the field from the all-22 view

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why can't you enjoy the game you like it and let others enjoy the game they like it? I don't think it's about flaunting wealth. Different people just have different opinions of fun. You aren't a better fan because you like to enjoy the game in a certain way. 

Why can’t you not care about other people caring about what other people do and let other people care about what they care about without caring that you don’t care that they care?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Why can’t you not care about other people caring about what other people do and let other people care about what they care about without caring that you don’t care that they care?

You realize if we deployed your line of thinking straight into the veins of American voters, most political discourse would come to a grinding halt?  Where's the fun in that?

But yeah, even I had the cash to burn...I don't think I could ever see clear to plunking down money for a suite.  Oddly, the ones that I know who do it for business purposes regret it the most.  Even though it's the "company's money", they still regret it.  And the ones I know who do it and just invite family and friends, they're the happiest with their decision.  The LHF will tell you the attrition with corporate boxes is so much higher than private families/groups.  It's a non-stop cycle of "we gotta drive high-end sales, let's get a suite and wine 'n dine potential clients."  Two years later, it's Gob Bluth, "I've made a horrible decision" after they realize how big the F&B tab was.  Then two years after that austerity, it's back to "Let's get a suite this year for biz dev purposes.  It's even got a private bathroom for doing blow!"  

But I think we've about crammed every possible corner and nook of that stadium with clubs and suites.  There'll be an overhaul of some east side premium areas and then adding some craft cocktail clubs with better bathrooms 'n shit like that around some exterior areas in about 2 more years.  

Only thing left to do is fucking WIN.  That seems to take care of financial issues more than upselling suite holders into the "deluxe catering package:  now with no-peel shrimp!"  

3 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

So how did aggy rebuild an entire side in 8-9 months and it took us 2 years for just the End Zone?  
It’s not like Covid and material issues delayed it (maybe a month or so) as it was always scheduled to open up this season. 

If I recall, theirs wasn't at its core a very complex project. They razed a side and built a new one on clear ground, with plenty of room, and not many interesting architectural features.

The SEZ has to fit around and over Moncrief in a tight location and has all kinds of neat stuff included. There's a lot more going on.

• Hook 'Em 2

37 minutes ago, EZ$ said:

So how did aggy rebuild an entire side in 8-9 months and it took us 2 years for just the End Zone?  
It’s not like Covid and material issues delayed it (maybe a month or so) as it was always scheduled to open up this season. 

Didnt aTm also play an entire season elsewhere? We had to split it between off-seasons. 

I think that was their working marketing plan for awhile.  "Kyle Field:  Yeah, it's the Kroger of college football stadiums.  It's not impressive, or fresh, or even enjoyable. But we got what you need inside, it's relatively affordable.  It's not gonna win any major awards, but almost everybody inside looks like you and we got free parking.  What do you want?  It's not where James Beard shops, but it beats a Burger King.  Welp...most days."  

4 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

That was talked about but not done. They went with quick and boring instead to salvage the B-CS economy.

Correct. At one time they had a plan/idea to completely re-build, possibly even move locations. But in the end they went the typical aggy way. Leaving “the zone” was a bonehead move, it’s fucking awful in that section and doesn’t fit at all

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Fucking this. I love a few drinks at the game like everyone else but last time I was in a suite the other people were so ridiculously sauced it was uncomfortable

The only thing worse than being sober when everyone else is drunk,  is being drunk when everyone else is sober. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, EZ$ said:

They also had a dude in a Bobcat drive it off the upper deck to his death. Maybe they should have taken a little more time. Then again, people dying for the cause is one of their oldest turditions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

1630528074507.png

1630528123184.png

What’s done is done, but the murals don’t necessarily match with the rest of the aesthetic of modern and cool. I get it’s a nod to tradition, but I think it kinda looks like that cheesy 1950’s cowboy wallpaper that gramps had on his walls in the boyhood home.

image.thumb.jpeg.fc708a4e57660ef0e62d7fec455b0a5e.jpeg

More examples: https://wallpapersafari.com/cowboy-wallpaper-vintage/

I like the skyline addition, that’s cool. And if the team is sucking you can launch one of those skinny bar tables into the end zone as a protest.

Edited by Vito Andolini
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vito Andolini said:

What’s done is done, but it doesn’t necessarily match with the rest of the aesthetic of modern and cool. I get it’s a nod to tradition, but I think it kinda looks like that cheesy 1950’s cowboy wallpaper that gramps had on his walls in the boyhood home.

I agree, it looks forced. They should take it down/paint over it and do something else. Or just leave it blank until they can do it right. There is no shame in just leaving it painted. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

What’s done is done, but the murals don’t necessarily match with the rest of the aesthetic of modern and cool. I get it’s a nod to tradition, but I think it kinda looks like that cheesy 1950’s cowboy wallpaper that gramps had on his walls in the boyhood home.

I like the skyline addition, that’s cool. And if the team is sucking you can launch one of those skinny bar tables into the end zone as a protest.

You’re grandpa is fucking dope

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I agree, except the cowboy wallpaper is dope.

• Hook 'Em 1