2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If he loses Texas, it will be by a narrow margin and he will easily be able to muddle that up and work on getting it flipped. 

Right. Bear in mind, he can easily cast dispersion on every state that is close simply by raising doubt sufficiently about a few close states where he's poisoned the well.

In this crazy election, convincing landslides in the battleground states like Pennsylvania are more important than running up the electoral vote score.

44 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Tom Herman early voted for trump. 

Fact. 

Tom Herman voted for Trump via mail on a Saturday.  Fucked up the plan, and came back to that same Post Office on a Sunday demanding they all "fix it together."  

Monday morning, blamed it on the Postmaster General.  By Monday evening, had somehow collected $75,000 from the USPS.  And they let him vote again, because "hydration." 

2 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

That's what I mean--she isn't getting that out there at all really. I got a few emails asking for money after I voted in the D primary, a first. But I had to seek out info about her and most voters are not going to do that. She needed a Presence with a capital P.

I gave money to 2 senate candidates this cycle.  Her and Harrison in SC.  I am getting, I shit you not, 10 emails a day from Harrison.  I don't think I've gotten an email from Hegar.  It's weird.

2 hours ago, Planet Houston said:

I'm watching a live discussion with Jon Meacham right now.  He says that he's been talking to insiders on both sides, who are paying a lot of money for internal polls.  The universal consensus is that if the election were held right now (i.e., no  major bombshells that shift votes on election day) it would be a rout for Biden, in the 400 EV range.

Just reporting the news, don't shoot the messenger...

spacer.png

Yep. Been saying this for 6 months. Bidens absolute floor I’d bet is something like 287 or whatever it is that Hillary states plus PA, WI and Mi +1 for the the Nebraska EV adds up to. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

I'm still amazed that Trumpworld doesn't realize that this is the main and perhaps only reason he's losing. He had reelection placed in his lap as a crisis time President and completely bungled it. And they're still digging that hole. 

And be on the side of scientists, Huckleberry? Scientists! 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

well, you see, his followers are fucking stupid

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

And be on the side of scientists, Huckleberry? Scientists! 

That's the thing though. He could have absolutely still appealed to his moron base by tweeting and screaming the entire 9 months that the economic slowdown is China's fault and he is only requiring masks to save Americans from the China flu. The racist portion of his base would have bought millions of MAGA AND CHINA SUCKS masks. 

It was so easy. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm still amazed that Trumpworld doesn't realize that this is the main and perhaps only reason he's losing. He had reelection placed in his lap as a crisis time President and completely bungled it. And they're still digging that hole. 

He doesn’t actually know how to be President- he merely plays at the role for TV. 

• Like 1

Yeah I don’t get Trump’s covid stance at all. Fucking Putin & Boris Johnson threw their support behind mask mandates in their countries. If Trump mandated (or even just told) people to wear them the virus wouldn’t be quite so bad. Nothing he could ever do would cause his support to waiver, no idea why he didn’t just roll with common sense.

10 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

This is what I don't understand. Even a halfassed but caring response would get him reelected easily as a President leading during a crisis. Similar to Bush after 9/11 and the ensuing wars which were still popular at the time. He either didn't want to get reelected or was too stupid or stubborn to listen to people who should have been easily able to identify the easy path to reelection. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

It's simple.  A mask is not compatible with the apparatus that holds his comb over in place. He can't just take a mask off and on without needing whoever it is that is responsible for the mess that is his hair.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

Moving to realclearpolitics.com and adapting the 270 map to show anything that is +/- FIVE PERCENT 5% either way in gray/brown/notred/notblue.

538 last night -> realclear 2pm ct today

realclear at 5% or less = 10 states in play

biggest movers w/ new criteria/data:  az & oh are dead heats, mn now in play, mi safe

ak: -6.6 -> -6.0 calling cheeto

az: +3.5 -> 0.0 tied

fl: +1.5 -> +1.4

ga: +1.5 -> +0.4

in: -8.8 -> -7.0 calling cheeto

ia: +1.6 -> +1.0

ks: -9.3 -> -7 calling cheeto

mi: +8.1 -> +8.2 calling joe

mn: +8.1 -> +4.7

mo: -6.7 -> -6.0 calling cheeto

mt: -5.6 -> -6.0 calling cheeto

nc: +2.1 -> +0.7

ne: -6.2 -> removing: assuming NE CD2 cancels ME CD2

nv: +6.3 -> +4.6

oh: -1.7 -> 0.0 tied

pa: +5.2 -> +4.3

sc: -7.8 -> -7.0 calling cheeto

tx: -1.8 -> -2.6

wi: +8.5 -> +6.4 calling joe

ylA9x

That's the thing though. He could have absolutely still appealed to his moron base by tweeting and screaming the entire 9 months that the economic slowdown is China's fault and he is only requiring masks to save Americans from the China flu. The racist portion of his base would have bought millions of MAGA AND CHINA SUCKS masks. 
It was so easy. 
Yeah, this whole thing is exactly why I'm not worried about some kind of 4D chess election shenanigans. These are the same people who declared victory when Trump "wrestled control of the nation back from scientists," as they see it. These people felt challenged... By scientists specializing in virology and immunology... During a pandemic. This is reaping what the anti-intellectual movement of the early to mid 2000s has sown.

25 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

I gave money to 2 senate candidates this cycle.  Her and Harrison in SC.  I am getting, I shit you not, 10 emails a day from Harrison.  I don't think I've gotten an email from Hegar.  It's weird.

Seems like Hegar was just like "let's do one commercial with me riding a motorcycle, that should be enough". Very disappointing campaign. Coupled with Cornyn running great ads, certainly appealing to the suburbanites. Not too Trumpy. 

4 hours ago, thepop said:

https://www.txballot.org/

You can check here to see if your vote has been counted. Also, you can check to see which friends of yours have not voted yet so you can text them and be like wtf are you waiting for.

i used this to check on two young women in my life, 18 and 22...i told them 1) Texas actually MATTERS this time,  and 2) think of it as a vote for PP, which they both use for birth control and general female wellness.

one voted today and the other has a plan for tomorrow! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, landman said:

I thought the stacked Supreme Court was to do the bidding of the republicans now?  What the hell??

It’s almost like the people on the ledge predicting the entire breakdown of America might be overstating things a wee bit. 
this country isn’t as fragile as some think.  

19 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

It was so easy. 

He’s an idiot. Period. Full stop. 

2 minutes ago, mchookem said:

i used this to check on two young women in my life, 18 and 22...i told them 1) Texas actually MATTERS this time,  and 2) think of it as a vote for PP, which they both use for birth control and general female wellness.

one voted today and the other has a plan for tomorrow! 🤘

that's mighty white of you to make sure your concubines are properly protected from your semen finding their perches

• Haha 1